WM Custom Designs Reviews

16 | Poway, CA

16 Reviews for WM Custom Designs

Melissa created my formal wedding invitations and she did a fantastic job taking my vision and making it a reality. She was very organized, gave great advice on what the timing and content of the invitations should be, and used very good quality materials. Everything got to my guests on time, and I got a lot of compliments!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Courtney · Married on 05/30/2015

Melissa is wonderful to work with. She thoughtfully produces elegant and affordable invitations and escort cards, and even put together some lovely signs for our guestbook and mantle display. She is very thoughtful and gives great suggestions on wording, design and timing of mailing/RSVPs/etc.

She was also able to design a last minute sign and print it for me just 2 days before the wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Jennie · Married on 12/13/2014

My fiancé and I were referred to Melissa by a friend and we couldn’t be happier with the work she did! We had found an invitation format that we wanted from another vendor that was just too expensive and couldn’t be modified, but Melissa was able to get us the same look of the invitation at half the cost and they came out looking great. We’ve gotten a number of compliments on the design and also the setup she recommended we do. Melissa was so easy and pleasant to work with, she answered all of my many questions and she made sure we were happy with the final product. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Art · Married on 09/14/2014

To say Melissa was amazing would be an understatement. Melissa provided artistic expertise way beyond what we could have ever hoped for. Our special day was highlighted from the beginning with unique engagement notices and wedding invites. The conception and execution of the invites to our destination wedding couldn't have been made easier. Melissa brought all of our wishes into fruition.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Melissa · Married on 08/23/2014

Melissa did an amazing job on our save the date announcements and invitations. I was so happy with the quality and beauty of her work. Melissa was extremely easy to work with and she worked with our budget to give us exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 03/13/2015

Caitlin · Married on 08/09/2014

Melissa was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She made the entire process enjoyable, easy, and affordable. She somehow knew exactly everything I wanted and needed even when I didn't know. Her ability to assess a persons style, likes/dislikes and make a product that is exactly what they were thinking but couldn't describe is and amazing gift and I am so thankful for that. Furthermore she adds a great personal touch by always calling or emailing to follow through, keep us updated, and assure we were pleased. I have now referred her to several family and friends for business cards, wedding / shower invitations and more. Every person I have referred I know has been beyond pleased!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Brian · event on 07/13/2014

I reviewed this business for our wedding invites, but thought I'd include another since my wife went back to her for our baby shower. Melissa was awesome, with a FAST turnaround for pregnancy announcements, invitations, and thank you cards. We had a theme for the baby room - jungle/animals, and it was so cool to have it all match our baby theme. Melissa is the best!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Emily · Married on 06/14/2014

I really enjoyed working with Melissa on my wedding invitations. She went above and beyond to ensure everything turned out just the way I wanted! I showed her a sample of something I loved, and she had no problem recreating it AND improving it :) She even threw in a few extras, such as color printing all the guests addresses and our return address directly on the envelope which saved me a lot of time in mailing them out. She was detailed and timely in all our correspondence, and produced a wonderful final result!

Sent on 02/25/2015

Christine · Married on 10/05/2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about WM Custom Designs. Melissa was soooo patient and really took the time to listen to me, and create an invitation design that was better than I could have ever imagined. I was so thrilled that I had her create the programs, table cards, guest sign-in book, menus, advice cards, and special bridesmaids gift cards as well. My guests were blown away! It was so nice to rely on her for all the details... one less thing to worry about as a busy bride! HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Kelly · Married on 06/22/2013

Melissa was absolutely amazing. She was able to take my incoherent ideas and turn it into a masterpiece that I never could have imagined. She made my invitations, menus, programs and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Emily · Married on 05/19/2013

I was so lucky to find WM Custom Design, she was amazing to work with. Always very responsive, she listened to what I wanted and was able to put my vision together beautifully. Everything turned out perfect and was better than I envisioned.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Brian · Married on 04/14/2013

Melissa made this was one of the easiest parts of the entire wedding planning and coordination, she was EXCEPTIONALLY EASY TO WORK WITH. It sounds silly, but it was like she was in our heads, read into what I was trying to say, and creating it for us, even making recommendations to layouts/fonts/sizes and final touches to take it to the next level - things we never would have thought of.

* Melissa did way more than just the invites; this was a full package and sharing the same theme:
    - Save the Dates (magnets - our friends still have them on fridges!)
    - Invitations & direction/address card & RSVP card
    - Professionally Printed Envelopes (We’d have hated to put an ugly label on, or hand write addresses, return addresses, and RSVP addresses for 150 invites)
    - Wedding Ceremony Programs
    - Menus
    - Table Seating Cards
    - Tags for Wedding Favors
    - Thank You Cards (awesome touch to tie the theme back. It would have been tacky to buy a box of plain thank you cards from Target to thank someone for a generous gift for such a significant occasion)
    - We even chose the style of paper and envelopes

We started by looking at large scale invitation vendors, and my gut reaction was the sticker shock. We would have had to choose a preset style, that look like the 100's of others I've seen, and we would get no personalization other than our names and dates. We came across Melissa as a referral from a friend, and we did everything above and in our budget. I couldn't believe the amount of compliments we got from our Save the Dates, Invitations, and Thank You Cards - incredible!

* To add more, we've gone back to Melissa for baby announcements, baby shower invites, my parents' anniversary celebration, and recommended for my sister's and friends' weddings (at least 7 total that I know of - and not a single invitation was the same; every one was individual and the theme matched the wedding). Melissa ALWAYS delivers the best possible outcome. I ALWAYS recommend.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2012

Melissa at MW Custom Designs did an amazing job creating custom designs for our wedding save the dates, invitations and programs. She totally understood the country chic look I was going for and was able to turn my visions into reality. I loved knowing that my designs were one of a kind instead of getting a design "straight off the rack" if I had gone with a shutterfly/tiny prints service. worth every penny!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Jamie · Married on 03/30/2012

Mel designed my wedding menus and programs for the day of the event, I wish I would have her do the invites too! The design matched the colors and style of the wedding perfectly. Her choice of paper products is awesome, high quantify yet affordable. She was incredibly responsive, knows what questions to ask and figures out exactly what you want / need. Such a talented designer, I'll use her for all future events without a doubt!

Sent on 03/17/2015

Rebecca · Married on 08/13/2011

Melissa Wicklund did a beautiful job on our save the date magnets for our wedding. The product was amazing and people all over raved about how great they looked. Melissa was extremely easy to work with, listened to my ideas, and was able to go above and beyond my highest expectations. I truly enjoyed working with her and loved every aspect of the save the dates. I would highly recommend her work and professionalism to anyone.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Ramsay · Married on 06/27/2015

Mel did our wedding invites and save-the-dates and handled everything perfectly. She provided a bunch of awesome and unique concepts to choose from to help us narrow things down; the process was super easy. No complaints whatsoever and the end results reflected a combination of our tastes/personality extremely well. My fiancée and I were extremely happy with the results. Mel is totally professional and easy to work with. I'd recommend to anyone looking for any print, web or graphic design work for their wedding or other event, for that matter.

Sent on 06/13/2015