Without A Hitch Reviews

135 | Boston, MA

135 Reviews for Without A Hitch

Sofia · Married on 09/26/2015

Hiring Without a Hitch was the best decision my husband and I made when planning our wedding. We had heard from our friends that hiring a wedding coordinator was a must, but weren’t 100% convinced. In the end, I’m so so glad we did. I am a medical student and my husband works full time and while we are both very organized, we got married during the school year when neither of us could take time off. I knew we had to go with Without a Hitch from the first phone call when they asked if we had a noise permit for our backyard wedding – something I never would have thought of on my own. It was invaluable to have Rebecca’s help in the months leading up to our wedding to bounce ideas off of, help us find vendors, and develop our timeline. We also designed our entire ceremony ourselves with my brother as our officiant and would have been completely lost without Rebecca’s help. However, as great as Rebecca was leading up to the wedding, she was even better in person. It was such a weight off my shoulders to show up at our rehearsal and know that she would be in charge of running the show. The day of our wedding she was a complete life-saver! We had a significant delay between the salad and entrée courses of our dinner due to a catering mishap and she skillfully switched around our toasts to fill the time. We had several other small issues throughout the night that she expertly navigated—I simply cannot imagine what we would have done without her!

I would recommend Without a Hitch to anyone getting married in the Boston area – they will take a huge weight off your shoulders and most of all make sure that you enjoy your wedding while letting someone else worry about the details.

Sent on 10/12/2015

Melanie · Married on 09/26/2015

Sarah was a fantastic help with organizing and planning our wedding! I don't know what we would've done without her. I was pretty sure we had thought of most things but after our first meeting with Sarah I realized we weren't even close. She thinks of everything, which was invaluable. We had an outdoor wedding in the mountains and Sarah rose to the challenge and helped us create the perfect wedding. Her help on the day was something we could not have done without. It's a nice idea to do it all yourself until the actual day comes along. If you are on the fence about hiring a wedding planner, at the VERY least you should get a wedding day coordinator and I highly recommend Sarah at Without a Hitch. Thank you so much for all your and your assistants' hard work!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

Sarah B. from Without a Hitch provided exactly what we needed on our wedding day! We hired her as a day-of coordinator to help ensure that any issues that arose would not have to be managed by the bride, groom, or parents/bridal party. Included in the day-of package are two pre-wedding meetings which were extraordinarily helpful. Sarah had thought of questions that never would have crossed our minds and because of her we were able to make all of the arrangements we needed for our day to go smoothly. On the wedding day itself she made sure that everything went according to plan. If anything went wrong I certainly didn't know about it! We were so pleased with Sarah's services and would happily recommend her to anyone looking for a day-of planner. I can't speak to her more extensive planning packages but based on my experience I am confident that she would be phenomenal in that role as well!! She was truly our wedding guardian angel :)

Sent on 10/16/2015

Mara · Married on 09/12/2015

Hiring Sarah is without a doubt one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process. She was not just a great resource throughout our planning she was simply fantastic the day of the wedding. Throughout the planning she was in regular communication with me either over email, or the phone and was incredibly available to me the week prior when I was freaking out a little. The day of the wedding she was on time, professional and incredibly friendly to my friends and family. Looking back on my wedding day, I was calm and relaxed and knew that Sarah had everything under control. Her prices are well worth the services you receive, going above and beyond just the day of needs. A huge Thank You to Sarah for helping me make my day incredible.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Bridget · Married on 09/12/2015

I worked with Nicole for my wedding on September 12th and could not recommend her more! Leading up to the wedding, Sarah and Nicole were incredibly helpful in reviewing my documents and timelines and providing their insight. They even met with me at both the church and reception venues to do a walkthrough a couple of months out. The day of the wedding, everything really did go "without a hitch." Nicole was so helpful in making sure the day went smoothly and was ready to lend a hand to whatever I needed.

Without a Hitch is considerbly less expensive than all the other event planners I looked at, and provided great service! I would highly recommend using them if you do not want a full-scale event planner, but someone who will be of great assistance and help your day run more smoothly so you can enjoy yourself!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Camille · Married on 09/06/2015

As you know if you are planning a wedding, the wedding industry has become a very expensive one in our culture. If you are debating whether or not you want to spend (more) money on a wedding coordinator – do it with Sarah! She was worth every penny! From the moment, my husband and I decided to use her as our wedding coordinator she was there as a wonderful support system and way to stay organized. She gave us an immediate peace of mind that the wedding was in her good hands. Leading up to the wedding, we felt she really took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for out of our wedding. When the big day actually came – she was a machine! She was calm, cool, organized and leading the charge. She did so in a way that made you feel comfortable and that you were the one in charge (even though she was the one who executed everything). We did not have to worry about a thing and she was always conscious of how my husband and I were doing and if there was anything that we needed. We highly recommend Sarah and Without a Hitch Boston. As my husband says, it is the perfect name for her business!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Patrice · Married on 08/15/2015

Sarah was an excellent day-of coordinator! She did an amazing job making sure our wedding went smoothly. We would recommend her to anybody getting married because her services are well-worth the investment.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Jessie + Mike · Married on 06/26/2015

Sarah is amazing, and Without a Hitch is exactly what we needed! From our introductory phone call to every call, email, and meeting, Sarah was on top of every detail and made sure that we were, too. And our wedding day was perfect, from the moment setup began til the last light turned off and everyone went home. Every single time we needed anything, Sarah was right there focused in on the details while the big picture swirled beautifully all around. Our list could go on and on of all the help she provided (especially in thinking ahead and planning for the day); schedules, vendor management, decoration support, ceremony flow. 'Doing it ourselves' was the plan, but our wedding wouldn't have been as incredible without Sarah's guidance and help. Thank you!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Tarryn · Married on 06/21/2015

Going into wedding planning, I knew that the only way my husband and I would be able to relax on the day-of would be to have someone we trusted to handle all of the details. Without a Hitch did not disappoint! Nicole ran our rehearsal and served as our day-of coordinator, and with her help, everything ran smoothly. She remained cheerful and unruffled through a stormy forecast and emergency rain-plan adjustments, deftly handled a crazy cocktail of DIY décor/self-catered bar/homemade dessert buffet, and made sure that we all had a wonderful time. We also owe a huge debt of gratitude to both Nicole and Sarah for all of their help in the lead-up to the wedding; they offered suggestions for catering and flowers that were within our limited budget, emailed regularly to check-in, both came on our venue walk-through, and promptly responded to all of our many questions with helpful information. Their timeline-centric way of planning also worked really well for envisioning the day and thinking through all the small details ahead of time, and we felt 100% comfortable leaving the execution in Nicole's hands on the day of the wedding.

We cannot recommend Without a Hitch highly enough!! They are consummate professionals and a true pleasure to work with. And if you’re on the fence about hiring a day-of coordinator, give them a call immediately. It will only take one conversation for you to see that Nicole and Sarah are well worth the investment!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Excellent job! Made me wedding day very enjoyable and with no stress!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Caroline · Married on 06/13/2015

Nicole Vicino was my primary day-of coordinator. We also met with both Nicole and Sarah Basch once before the wedding, and exchanged emails with both of them. Hiring Without a Hitch was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning. We live in abroad and planned most of the wedding either over a year in advance or from outside the U.S. with an eight hour time difference. Nicole went above and beyond her day-of coordination to offer recommendations for calligraphers, hair and makeup, and a rehearsal dinner location, and she sent period reminders to keep me on track. But she was especially helpful on the day of the wedding. She took care of all of the set up of details like the place cards and guest book, so I could get ready with my bridesmaids without worrying about it. She also adapted when Pride Parade traffic made two of our hair and makeup artists an hour late, and we still had our first look. Her detailed timeline was useful to share with other vendors to keep everyone on the same page. We learned after the wedding that one of our guests wanted to know when we were going to cut the cake, tracked down Nicole’s assistant, and saw her timeline—and was widely impressed when we actually cut the cake at 8:45pm according to the timeline. As a final note, Nicole kept a church leaflet after the day and was able to send it to my mom, who had forgotten to take one and was very grateful. My mom, my husband and I highly recommend Nicole and Without a Hitch.

Sent on 07/05/2015

G · Married on 06/13/2015

Hiring Sarah was the best investment we could have made prior to our wedding. Our dream was to have a completely DIY, ‘camp-style’ wedding on Cape Cod. At the outset, this seemed simple enough. However, once we actually started dealing with the practicalities-- finding a tent, booking the caterer, and making sure that everything arrived on time, all while having full-time day jobs-- we realized that even our ‘simple’ vision was going to be a huge job. Sarah’s experience and much-needed organizational skills kept us on track throughout, and she left us in a position where we could actually enjoy our big day. She was great with email and phone contact, and was absolutely on-point when coordinating all of the wedding vendors. Everything went off without a hitch, and she was instrumental in making our day memorable and happy. On top of that, she has a calming, upbeat presence that was invaluable when we were feeling overwhelmed. Hire Sarah. For real. She is wonderful!

Sent on 08/12/2015

K · Married on 05/25/2015

Of all the people we hired for our wedding, Sarah was the absolute best! She alone could always be counted on to reply to every email immediately and in helpful detail, she helped us prepare an exhaustive timeline for the big day, and she kept our planning on track. We would have been lost without her! She is extremely knowledgeable and professional and organized and competent, and never the least bit pushy--she really has the perfect manner. On our big day she did 1000 helpful things that kept everything running smoothly, and allowed me to relax much more than I could have otherwise, as I had learned by then that she is 100% reliable. It was amazing to find that there was no comparison between the help offered by the high-end Boston hotel where we had our reception and the help offered by Sarah--Sarah was 100 times more professional and reliable! Her prices are also very reasonable, given all the work she does. If she's available for your wedding day, don't hesitate for a moment to hire her--she's incredible, and indispensable!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Sarah was the single BEST decision I made when planning my wedding. I was able to include all the little details I wanted because I knew Sarah would be able to handle them, and each was executed with care and flawlessly. My entire family and I cannot thank Sarah enough for her professionalism, attention to detail, and incredible skill at what she does. Sarah was the reason that we were all able to relax and enjoy the entire process and wedding day itself. We had an pretty DIY venue so I was a little nervous about all the different vendors and pieces falling into place, luckily this is Sarah's specialty! She worked with all of the other vendors perfectly and made sure all of the set-up and entire day/night flowed. She was even willing to run the rehearsal for us which was so necessary for setting the tone of the entire event. Thank you Sarah, we could't have done it without you! I cannot overstate how highly I recommend this company.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Sarah was absolutely amazing to work!! She is so unbelievably organized and dedicated, and she efficiently makes sure the schedule is ready for the wedding and the wedding day runs completely smoothly. As soon as I started working with her, I felt a huge relief - I could email her any detail at any time of the day and she would respond quickly that she was taking care of it. Can not recommend enough!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Meghan · Married on 10/04/2014

If you want to be able to relax and enjoy your wedding without sweating the details then Sarah is the woman for you. I work in event planning myself and typically find it hard to let go of details. From the moment we started working with Sarah though, I could tell I didn't have to worry. She thought of everything, from the smallest to the biggest details and was there to help with anything we needed. We had an non-traditional DIY wedding and Sarah really understood all the pieces and made our day extra special. She's a really great person to boot and we enjoyed all of our interactions with her. I would definitely recommend Sarah's services to anyone.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Andre · Married on 09/20/2014

Our wedding really did go without a hitch! We were amazed at how smoothly every thing went, from start to finish. We hired Sarah to help us "the day of", and she was very responsive throughout the process and knew exactly where everyone needed to be and how everything was to be done. The day of our wedding, all we did was show up and have a great time!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Amazing service and value!! Sarah made our wedding truly easy and wonderful! There were multiple issues that I never even had to hear about at the wedding that were managed quickly and professionally. Every wedding and bride needs a coordinator and I would recommend Without a Hitch to EVERYONE!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Masha · Married on 06/22/2014

Working with Sarah was a real joy. I had a DIY wedding, so I really needed someone to not only help me think through the planning - but also be there the day of to ensure that things didn't inevitably fall apart. I did a lot of research, and most wedding coordinators were either absurdly expensive, or didn't provide solely day-of coordination. And then the google gods led me to Sarah.

Sarah's service was impeccable, she went above and beyond her agreed to services. Was unbelievably responsive any time I had a question or needed her advice on everything from decor to gauging vendor prices. She met with us in person twice, and spent HOURS, calming us down, our parents down, put together a thorough timeline and got all the vendors on the same page. I'm convinced that the day went as smoothly as it did because of her. She was extremely calm, but it was clear that she was constantly rushing around behind the scenes making sure things were in order. If she was stressed, she made sure to convey none of that to me to make sure my day was great. And it was. For the amount she charges - Sarah's an absolute steal.

Supreme professional, wonderful and delightful person. You won't find anyone or any business that's better.

Sent on 08/26/2014

It was such a pleasure working with Without A Hitch! Sarah and Nicole worked with me answering any questions I had promptly via email or text message. They helped me with the timeline of the wedding day. One planning problem I had was that I wasn’t sure where we could take first look photos. Sarah and Nicole came to the rescue and walked me through Boston showing me possible locations around my venue. They genuinely seemed to care about how my photos would look. My wedding was at the New England Aquarium in Boston. Nicole was on location the day of the wedding. Having Nicole there took a tremendous amount of stress off my shoulders and I trusted her completely. She went above and beyond my expectations for making my wedding day happen! She never missed a cue and was totally on top of things! She was professional and made the flow of the day perfect. She made everything feel so easy and effortless. She helped decorate the space based on specific details I had envisioned, and she made my vision come to life. Nicole definitely did her fair share of running around! She went way beyond the call of duty to make sure I was relaxed and happy with everything. She even took the pressure off the bridesmaids. They were able to enjoy the cocktail hour and she helped me during my formal shots with my husband (fixing my dress, make up, running out for me, making sure we had food). My wedding day was the best day of my life and I truly owe it to Without A Hitch for helping us make the day possible. Even after the wedding, Nicole texted me pictures she had taken on her phone and Sarah was answering my post wedding questions. We had an amazing experience working with Without A Hitch and we highly recommend them to any couple getting married in the New England area!

Sent on 08/14/2014
  • User4392745 · event on: 11/16/2013

Sarah was fantastic. Loved working with her.
    Great things about her and her work:
    - She really got what kind of event we were trying to have and what we needed.
    - She is smart and resourceful.
    - As soon as we started working together I felt more at ease.
    - She was great with the bat mitzvah girls
    - Whenever we needed anything during the event, she appeared out of nowhere with it!!
    - She was not afraid to insist to the DJ that he turn down the volume when I asked.
    - She is a perfectionist - in a good way.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/02/2013

We hired Sarah to help coordinate the logistics around my rehearsal dinner and wedding. Hiring Sarah is the best decision we made. She is so professional, incredibly helpful, detail oriented, and just a pleasure to work with. Literally every detail of my wedding (and there were A LOT) she handled with care. It was exactly the kind of wedding me and my husband wanted, and a good portion of that can be attributed to Sarah. We couldn't be happier. I can't recommend Sarah enough.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/06/2013

I highly recommend Sarah's services as a day-of coordinator. She was a huge help in prepping for our wedding. We weren't initially going to hire a day-of coordinator, but our caterer recommended Sarah so highly that I figured I would give her a call. During our chat she raised planning points I never would have thought of. She understood we were on a budget and worked to accommodate us. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she encouraged me to create a full timeline for the day in more detail than I would have otherwise. She'd also send me helpful reminder emails so I could keep better track of everything that needed to get done. We met a few weeks before the wedding to walk through every single detail. After that meeting I felt completely at ease. On the wedding day, Sarah was calm and efficient--I don't feel like I saw her very often, which is perfect. She was able to run the event smoothly without running everything past me. So again, I definitely recommend Sarah for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Sarah was an incredible help at our wedding last month. It was such a relief to trust someone with the small details and not have to oversee everything on the big day. Even though her services are primarily on the day of, Sarah was always available beforehand to discuss things. She even asked what I was the most nervous about so she could make sure that part went smoothly. Sarah is so detail-oriented; she brought up questions for me and the venue that I would have never thought to consider. Sarah is also a great person to bounce ideas off of since she has a great knowledge of how things work and what’s popular. The day of the wedding went so smoothly, and we owe a good deal of that to Sarah. She took care of all the preparations at the venue while also checking in with me from time to time. Our guests loved her, and the bridal party and our parents were really appreciative to have her around to help. Sarah really made the day so much more enjoyable since I knew I did not have to worry about anything. I highly recommend hiring Without a Hitch – do not try to do everything by yourself on your big day!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Melissa · Married on 08/16/2013

We decided a few weeks before the wedding to hire a day of coordinator. Our Caterer had recommended Sarah Basch from Without A Hitch so we reached out to her. It was by far, the BEST choice we could have made - Sarah was professional, detail oriented, gracious, friendly and on the ball! We had a lot of moving parts to our wedding and she executed on everything! Even our guests commented on how pleasant and professional she was - having her at our wedding gave us the peace of mind we needed to enjoy our friends, family and each other - I would hire her again, provide a reference and refer her to anyone getting married with great confidence. She was fantastic!

Sent on 09/26/2013