WISTERIA Reviews

47 | Alexandria, VA

47 Reviews for WISTERIA

• F

Farrah · Married on 05/19/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Stephanie! During the planning process she brought so many ideas to the table and I loved them all! She was so nice and easy to work with. She really focuses on making each Bride's wedding unique and she did just that. Everything turned out beautiful and I got so many compliments! I would definitely recommend her to any Bride!

Sent on 05/28/2012

Julie · Married on 01/14/2012

Stephanie at Wisteria was a pleasure to work with. Our flowers were beautiful -- I loved how the bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces turned out.

Truth be told, flowers weren't a high priority for me in planning my wedding. I gave Stephanie a wide variety of "inspiration" photos which fortunately she was able to interpret and create a lovely plan for the flowers. She worked within our budget and was always friendly and professional in our interactions. She never pressured us.

Her team arrived on schedule for the wedding and helped pin all the boutonnieres before setting the flowers up at the reception site.

Sent on 02/29/2012

Lillian · Married on 11/12/2011

Of all the vendors I worked with, Stephanie was by far the best. She has an artistic sense that resulted in stunning arrangements and bouquets. Other vendors tried to steer me to roses for Fall flowers but Stephanie embraced my desire for really unique flowers. Everyone was blown away by the flowers....I can't wait to see how much they enance the pictures. I appreciate her eye for beauty, her ability to capture my style and make great recommendations, and her genuine interest in making my wedding as memorable as possible. I would highly recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 11/21/2011
  • F

Christy · Married on 04/10/2011

I found Stephanie absolutely terrific to work with. Some of the florists I went to would say "yes" to anything I suggested, even though I had no idea what I was talking about! Stephanie actually guided me to making choices that would be seasonal (therefore less expensive) and more setting appropriate than what I had thought of. She understood the feel I was going for, and was able to lead me to create that in a more beautiful way than I had imagined. I really appreciated this - looking back, if we had gone with my original ideas - it would have been just okay, but instead, our wedding was decorated just perfectly!

Stephanie was very responsive both with phone, email, and personal visits - whether I just found another picture of inspiration on the internet I wanted her to see or I was worried about something. She was calm and reassuring every step of the way.

And as for the results - it was amazing. I loved my bouquet, and couldn't believe how she transformed the space, making my color choices and overall feel for the event come alive with just a few strategically placed arrangements.

One more important thing - her pricing is very reasonable. She always made sure to keep my budget in mind, and never tried to push me beyond what I was comfortable with. I was amazed at how much she could do for a very reasonable amount of money. I wholeheartedly recommend her.

Sent on 04/24/2011

Rachel · Married on 06/05/2010

Working with Stephanie at Wisteria was great. My wedding was in June 2010 and my vision was an outdoor garden wedding with an indoor reception and peonies galore. Wisteria helped make that a reality with their attention to detail, professionalism and creativity. My husband and I could not have been more happy. It was gorgeous! I highly recommend Wisteria for any floral needs and especially your wedding!

Rachel
    Arlington, Virginia

Sent on 08/05/2010
  • W

Wien · Married on 05/15/2010

Stephanie did a wonderful job on the flowers for both my wedding ceremony and my reception. The arrangements were so beautiful and really reflected the ambiance I wanted for my wedding. I loved my bridal bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets, which were so gorgeous and lush. She was really friendly and willing to work with any changes I had with my budget and/or ideas. I would highly recommend Stephanie to any bride because she truly is an artist and fantastic to work with.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Catherine · Married on 05/08/2010

Stephanie did a great job with my flowers! I had a vision of what I wanted my flowers to look like, and Stephanie was able to bring that vision to life. She really listened to what I was looking for and made great suggestions when I wasn't sure!

My one compliant is that her studio takes awhile to get to (it's a bit off the beaten path), but her friendliness, responsiveness, and creativity definitely outweigh the minor inconvenience of the studio location!

Sent on 05/14/2010

marilyn · Married on 05/01/2010

Stephanie is a delight and a terrific artist. She worked with us to keep the costs within our budget while providing flowers and arrangements that completed the event well. I was very pleased with the work she did. The flowers on the cake were gorgeous as well. Stephanie really loves her work and it showed in the quality of the arrangements as well as her pleasant and calm demeanor.

Sent on 05/04/2010

Taryn · Married on 03/13/2010

One of the best decisions we made when choosing vendors for our daughter's recent wedding, was to go with Stephanie Melvin. Planning this event from the other side of the country could have been complicated and stressful. We had one meeting with Stephanie and from there she really took the reins and delivered a spectacular floral effort. Her product was farm fresh, sophisticated and lush. I would highly recommend Wisteria Florals for your special event.

Sent on 03/18/2010

Catherine · Married on 10/04/2008

Wisteria did my recent wedding and they were FABULOUS! I had the ceremony and reception at two different venues, neither with overly much time to set up, but Stephanie and her staff did a wonderful job! The bouquets and corsages and boutennieres were beautiful and my centerpieces were unique and perfect for the venue! I got lots of compliments on the flowers and I couldn't have been more happy! Many thanks!

Sent on 10/20/2008

Jessica · Married on 07/05/2008

Our flowers were amazing - even better than we ever hoped! Stephanie does beautiful work and has very creative ideas for wedding flowers.

Sent on 11/03/2008

Leah · Married on 10/27/2006

Stephanie Melvin is the consummate floral artist. Her unerring eye for color and form is combined with a real ability to listen and relate to her clients. I should know -- I was overflowing with ideas, and she helped me to focus my vision. My wedding order was relatively large -- four large arrangements for the church and reception, twelve table centerpieces, 11 bouquets, 14 boutonnieres, cake flowers, assorted mantel-top arrangements, six candelabra arrangements, and some other pieces as well.

Her work is absolutely exquisite, and her standards for freshness are top-notch. Our fall wedding was breathtakingly beautiful, and romantic yet modern, all thanks to Stephanie and her gorgeous, lush, creative work.

Sent on 11/10/2008

Stefanie · Married on 07/16/2017

We loved working with Stephanie from Wisteria on the flowers for our wedding. We had very little vision when it came to picking flowers for our centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres, and let Stephanie use her judgement in creating pieces that fit our budget and wedding feel. We were very satisfied with how the flowers looked and they fit in with the venue perfectly. We highly recommend Stephanie from Wisteria.

Sent on 07/30/2017

B · Married on 12/26/2015

We loved the flowers Stephanie did for our wedding. We had a small winter wedding at a facility she was familiar with. Perhaps because of the small size, we never met Stephanie but I spoke with her a couple times before the wedding and sent her the photos I had gathered. She took my idea and ran with it. Everything was gorgeous. My mom still gushes over how beautiful the flowers were - and she has very high standards and knows her flowers! The terms of the contract, including the flower basins and early pick up for the bouquet and boutonniere, were very clear. Stephanie respected my budget and flower requests - I offered my general image and let Stephanie work her expertise, and the result was truly beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2018

Perfect for the season

We used Wisteria for our wedding. The arrangements came out beautiful and they worked within our budget, color scheme, and timeline. We told them our ideas and showed them pictures of what we liked, and they delivered to those specifications. They were easy to work with and the pricing was clear. Definitely would recommend them for any floral needs you may have.

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • User4020117 · 2+ years ago

We loved working with Stephanie for our wedding last month. We didn't have a lot of knowledge about types of flowers, etc and she had great ideas and gave us a lot of guidance. What she came up with really matched our vision and we received many compliments on our flowers. I definitely recommend Stephanie and Wisteria!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Katherine · Married on 04/25/2009

Shortly after I approached Stephanie about the possibility of her doing flowers for my wedding (after an earlier vendor fell through) we were on the phone talking about how I envisioned the look and feel of my wedding, the colours used, favorite flowers, etc. She struck that perfect mix of friendly, approachable and highly professional, offering input based on my suggestions, and I knew I had found our florist! The resulting flowers were fresh, stylish and beautifully assembled - she is definitely one of those creative minds! I would only mention that part of the reason she is so competitively priced is due to the fact that her containers are rentals. While she spells this out clearly, it didn't quite dawn on me the amount of effort it would take, and it was a bit of a hassle getting the flowers from the venue to the hotel (we were in town only two days after the wedidng from Seattle) to my mother's house to be picked up.

Sent on 06/17/2009

Erica · Married on 10/25/2008

4.2
      2.5

Beautiful flowers. I would highly recommend Stephanie.

Sent on 11/11/2008

Christina · Married on 09/02/2007

3.0

I was a little nervous about my flowers as I didn't order them until just a few weeks before the wedding. I had a small order, and Stephanie was happy to take it. I didn't get to work with her much, but she was very calm and prepared the perfect bouquet for me. I was THRILLED when I got it! Thank you Stephanie!

Sent on 09/25/2007

Cynthia-Katherine · Married on 05/27/2017

Stephanie was very helpful throughout and was responsive to our vision.

Sent on 08/08/2017

3.5
      3.0

We were very happy with the flowers Stephanie provided for the wedding. However, we found Stephanie to be difficult to work with. It was hard to get her to respond to phone calls and emails. In addition, she did not communicate clearly her policy of wanting the vases returned
    and in fact, charged us when we did not return all the vases.

Sent on 11/09/2014

3.5
      2.0
      2.5

We initially met with her in December 2013 (off the preferred vendor list) for our July 2014 nuptials; she was one of our first vendor meetings (we did not yet have a coordinator). Upon our initial consultation, you could really tell that she knew what she was talking about – guiding novices around the entire process. She made great recommendations off our ideal look and provided a thorough proposal (delivered by mail).

Once we hired our wedding coordinator, the coordinator reviewed said proposal and recommended that we schedule another meeting to ensure a cohesive look. We, our coordinator, and Stephanie met in early June to review the venue floor plan, overall design, and timeline. What started as a regular review of the proposal went very poorly once we began discussing design. Stephanie was not very appreciative of our amendments (making four medium-sized arrangements into three smaller ones) and very hesitant of agreeing to our first look (strongly insinuating that our flowers will die if we had one). The coordinator had to push for both the new aesthetic and the timeline – which made us feel incredibly uncomfortable. In addition, Stephanie charged us a wait fee that was never stipulated prior just so that we could have our flowers for the first look. It was a very agitating and disappointing meeting; it was not a pleasant experience and one we were expecting with our florist.

In regards to the product, we LOVED the bridal bouquet and the attendant’s flowers. We felt
    underwhelmed by the table flowers and the birch tree alter. Most of all, we felt far more let down by the inflexibility of (and added wait fee for) Stephanie. It really put a damper on our final days of planning, adding unnecessary stress to an already-stressful day.

If you are planning your wedding without additional assistance, Stephanie is great at providing the flowers she wants. If you have a wedding planner or coordinator we would strongly suggest that you do not use Stephanie.

Sent on 07/28/2014