Wishing Well Barn, Inc. Reviews

110 | Plant City, FL

110 Reviews for Wishing Well Barn, Inc.

Dustin · Married on 05/31/2014

We love you guys you did awesome we will be referring you to everyone we know

Sent on 06/09/2014

justin and dawn · Married on 05/26/2014

What a great place to get married! Set us up with the dj and our officiant on moments notice. Had only 12 days and it couldnt have came out better!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2014

I am not even joking when I say that I would give Wishing Well 15,000 stars if it was an option. When we first started planning our wedding a year and a half ago, my now husband was the one who originally contacted Michelle about having our wedding on their property. After he finished talking to her, he immediately called and told me that this was the place we had to pick, and he was right. They take care of EVERYTHING! All through the planning stages, Michelle was there if I ever had any questions. I planned my wedding from Virginia, so it was nice to feel like I always had someone in my corner. Everyone kept telling me that something would go wrong at the wedding, because it is inevitable, but if something did go wrong I had no idea. The entire thing went off without a hitch, and I attribute that to Michelle and her crew. The decor was beautiful, everyone on the staff was extremely friendly, and all in all it just made for a perfect wedding experience.

Sent on 06/02/2014

Krystina · Married on 05/03/2014

After looking at several different venues, my fiancé and I met with Michelle at Wishing Well and fell in love. Not only did we fall in love with the beautiful venue, but we also fell in love with Michelle. From our very first meeting she treated us like family. She was extremely responsive and thorough through all of our planning and made it such a fun experience. We had planned for a beautiful outdoor ceremony, bonfire, and outdoor games and then the day before the wedding, we were hit with terrible storms. Torrential rain, wind, lightening. You name it, we got it. We kept our fingers crossed hoping that it would pass, and it just wouldn't let up. The morning of our wedding we awoke to more rain(yay!) and cloudy skies. However, Michelle was determined to give us our original wedding plan. When I say determined, I mean she was dead set that she would make it happen. When the rain would let up, she, her amazing husband, and staff were actually using shop vacuums to get some standing water off the ground. Unfortunately, the rain continued and an outdoor wedding was not in the cards for us. With that being said, the rain plan(which we were the first to use) was gorgeous and flawless. I am so thankful that we chose this venue for our wedding. Michelle and her staff had any missed items on my part fixed and perfect immediately. I was able to relax and enjoy our day because of all of the amazing work they did. I highly recommend choosing Wishing Well Barn as a venue. I could not have had a better experience. I can not thank them enough for everything they did to make our day PERFECT.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Diane · Married on 04/26/2014

Thank you Michelle and crew! Elizabeth and Tommy had the wedding they wanted and you were there to help us at every step. Our friends and family will be talking about the venue for probably years to come. Everyone says they had a great time!

Sent on 05/01/2014
  • clegg

Chelsea · Married on 04/12/2014

Let me be one of the many to say that Michelle and her staff are wonderful. They helped me keep my cool on one of the most wonderful yet stressful days of my life. Michelle and I didn't butt heads whatsoever, and even had very similar taste in decor, lighting, etc. She's a gem! The barn is fantastic! I would also like to say that her intern, Emily, deserves a grand amount of credit. This woman graduated the program the day before my wedding, but decided to stay because it was her last wedding at the barn. Emily, with Michelle, made my day absolutely perfect. My husband and I cannot thank you ALL enough! Just fabulous, and I will use this venue in the future for different events. I just can't get enough of it! Wonderful people! You will not regret using this venue, and let me say, that cabin that they let you stay in (I believe it's the highest package you can get, but I would inquire to be sure) is just darling! Sorry for the paragraph, but enough can't be said about this place.. 10 stars!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Susan · Married on 04/12/2014

I knew NOTHING about planning a wedding! Our daughter did her research and chose The Wishing Well Barn. I was not even able to go with her when she signed the contract and made the down payment. Michelle and her staff were there EVERY step of the way. Every email or text was answered promptly, she covered everything we could think of and most importantly, those things we didn't even know that needed to be thought about. We had the rehearsal dinner there the night before, everything was perfect. Our daughter and her bridesmaids spent the night there and had the entire day in their on site suite to get ready and have fun. Almosr every person that attended, ages 8-80, said to me or my husband, "best wedding, ever!" Friends and family from around town and around the country are sending thank you notes to us for inviting them! In addition, Michelle has vendors that she works with regularly, DJs, caterers, florists...ALL were fantastic. If you are on the fence, jump in with both feet/boots! You won't regret it. It exceeded our expectations by far!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Peggy · Married on 04/12/2014

The wedding I attended at this venue was wonderful. I particularly enjoyed the rustic atmosphere. This is definitely a perfect venue for any event. Thank you! I had the best time.

Sent on 04/27/2014

Nicole · Married on 02/22/2014

The whole staff at Wishing Well was fantastic. Michelle was very responsive whenever I tried to get in contact with her. They did a great job on the decorations and were great on the day of the wedding. Anything we could think of they took care of. The whole crew made sure that we had the best wedding and I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 03/16/2014

Ashlei · Married on 12/14/2013

Wishing well barn made for the perfect wedding venue! I could not have asked for more flexibility & assistance than what the Welch family provided! It was such a beautiful, scenic & fun place to host a wedding! The staff is all very friendly & go out of their way to make the day perfect! So convenient to have so much offered in decorations & services from the venue at a great price! Thank you wishing well barn for helping us have a magical day filled with love & joy!

Sent on 12/23/2013

They were amazing! There were a few set backs like the cake melting and the top layer falling off, but they did an amazing job fixing it to look better than when it first arrived. She even called and got a us a refund. Michelle and her team are amazing! If you want a rustic barn wedding she is the perfect place!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kristin & Jared · Married on 11/10/2013

The Wishing Well Barn, along with it's amazing staff made our wedding our dream come true. It is a beautiful venue with a wonderful family run staff. Michelle (owner) was a huge help and allowed us to visit and make plans whenever we wanted. She offered us any of the decorations and anything that she had for us to use on our big day. So sweet! The day of the wedding her and her staff organized everything efficiently and eloquently. Thank you so much Wishing Well Barn!

Sent on 11/17/2013

elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2013

Wishing well barn was a beautiful place tp have a wedding or any event!! Michelle is great to work with as well as her staff!

Sent on 11/16/2013

I got married at this venue on October 26, 2013 and it was more that I dreamed of! It was a beautiful day at a beautiful venue! Leading up to the wedding Michelle would check in and always quick to respond to emails. The day of our wedding her and her staff were amazing! They decorated the venue exactly how I envisioned it and were of assistance through the whole weekend. I would recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 11/13/2013

I wouldn't of changed a thing at our wedding. Michelle and her staff were amazing. Everything she promised to be done was, I dont think I could thank her enough for how smooth everything went.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2013

The Wishing Well Barn was amazing! The beautiful venue combined with an wonderful staff created a picturesque wedding day! Michelle (owner) was a huge help and allowed us to visit and make plans whenever we wanted. She offered us any of the decorations and anything that she had for us to use on our big day. Also, my husband and I are not big decorators and didn't have a clear idea of what we wanted (decorating-wise) so Michelle took my directive of "have fun and be creative and just make it pretty" and created a beautiful ceremony & reception space! The day of the wedding her and her staff organized everything efficiently and beautifully! Thank you Wishing Well Barn!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Julia · Married on 08/31/2013

wishing well barn, is a beautiful, friendly and cost-effective facilitiy, the owners are helpful friendly and do everything in their power to make your day the most beautiful day possible.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Marlon · Married on 03/24/2013

I had the pleasure of providing entertainment for the Boyd wedding at the Wishing Well Barn this past Sunday. Michelle and her staff were a pleasure to work with. They kept everything organized and flowing smoothly. The decorations, from the ceremony area, to the guest tables, were the perfect example of sweet country charm. Additionally, the views surrounding the barn made for great pictures for the bride and groom. If you're looking for a great place to have a wedding, you can't go wrong with Wishing Well Barn.

Sent on 03/27/2013

Michelle and the Welch family are amazing. From start to finish and even after, they care about you and your wedding. I was married at the Wishing Well Barn on 11/23/2013 and couldn't of asked for a more beautiful venue and people to share my family and friends with. My now husband and I looked all around Tampa and after being disappointed with each venue we visited we stumbled on the Wishing Well. Instantly we knew it was the right choice. The Welch's made us feel welcome and like family. Michelle was always available and allowed us to visit the barn, throughout the wedding planning with little to no notice. During the planning process Michelle helped me make decide on the ceremony and reception décor. Then my wedding day, her and her family made everything come together. They dealt with all vendors and ensured our family and friends enjoyed every moment. Thank you so much for making our day beautiful!

Sent on 12/08/2013

Taylor · Married on 10/27/2015

My husband and I got married at this venue just yesterday (October 27,2015). Everything turned out beautifully even though it rained! Mrs.Welch is definitely on top of things and is very helpful! Her and her staff made our wedding very enjoyable!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Michelle was wonderful to work with and made sure my wedding was everything I wanted. Michelle also made sure I was as stress free on my wedding day as possible. The venue is gorgeous and all the staff go above and beyond to help. I'm so happy that I choose the Wishing Well Barn as my venue.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Karen · Married on 09/27/2015

For brides and their moms, if you like to pay attention to detail this is the place for you! Michelle is amazing. I can't even begin to explain the amount of time, enenergy, and pure creativity that Michelle put into every aspect of my daughter's special day. I have never seen a more beautifully decorated wedding venue. Every flower, bow, and piece of lace was perfectly placed. We had nothing to do but bask in the glory of th day. Any issue that arose, Michelle was on top of it. It was as if her own daughter was getting married. It took me a little while to write this review but I just received the wedding album with all beautiful pictures and knew I had to let everyone know about this beautiful place with these beautiful people. I wish I could share some of the pictures so you could see just what I'm saying. Thank you Michelle for making a mother's dr Ames for her daughter's wedding day come true.

Sent on 01/11/2016
  • Stephanie Lina

Stephanie · Married on 03/14/2015

Our wedding was an absolute dream come true. Wishing Well was only the 2nd venue we looked at, and we knew we had to book it, it's truly a gorgeous venue that all my guests and even our photographer couldn't stop gushing over. We really loved that for a great price we got a whole package that included SO MUCH (tables, chairs, linens, decorations, lights, set-up, break-down, a bartender, plus Michelle as our wedding planner/day of coordinator), but at the same time we were completely free to customize our day using our own caterer, cake (or in our case, pie) baker, DJ, alcohol, etc. Plus I really can't say how much I enjoyed the stay in the bridal bunkhouse the night before with all my bridesmaids. It was so fun to have a little sleepover with my girls, wake up, already be at the wedding venue and have all day to get ready. And I know the groom and groomsmen loved their little man cave that they got to hang out in the day of as well.

Michelle is great to work with. She really knows her stuff, and was always quick to offer solutions/work-arounds whenever we ran into an issue. As someone who is super OCD and wanted to be in control of everything, I felt comfortable with her running the show the day of my wedding. She was even so kind as to let me be "that bride" who was up early in the morning looking at everything as it was being set up and offering my ideas/comments. Not that I really needed to add or change much, her team is amazing and has an excellent eye for decor. They really put everything together exactly how I had envisioned it and then some. They were in and out of the bunkhouse a few times that day asking me my opinions on different things. The day of the wedding ran smoothly with their help and it's the little above-and-beyond touches that really made me feel relaxed and special. (Michelle even brought drinks out to myself, the groom and the wedding party when we were out in the blueberry fields taking photos!) I'd highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Salina · Married on 10/24/2014

I had my wedding at Wishing Well Barn last Friday.... IT WAS PERFECT!! I could not have asked for a better wedding or vendor. All my guests loved the venue and raved about how cool the place was all night. The owner Michelle is extremely flexible and fun to work with. She did everything she could to make my wedding perfect. She really cares about the weddings she hosts and when the wedding comes she is not afraid to be part of the party! Seriously, if you are thinking about having your wedding in a barn theme, look no further. The venue is great and VERY fairly priced. She also loves military and gives you a military discount. The venue has so many great spots to take beautiful pictures and is just all around a perfect place for a dream wedding. Thank you Wishing Well for a perfect wedding day!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Heather · Married on 03/15/2014

If you're reading this wondering if WWB is really as good as everyone says it is, or if you'll make a mistake by booking them, put your worries at ease.
    I booked WWB over a year prior to our wedding date (SITE UNSEEN!), and I kept in touch with Michelle throughout the year. I was an out-of-state bride and finally got to visit in May 2013 and I was blown away - being on a budget and not local, Michelle's huge selection of decorations, linens, prep items, etc. made the whole process a lot smoother and less complicated on my end. I still ended up providing a lot of crafty details to compliment her items, but it's really unnecessary to do so - all of Michelle's stuff is so beautiful you could just stick with all of hers to save money.
    I looked at all the "barns" and "rustic sites" throughout Florida and I ultimately chose Michelle for these reasons: 1) she truly LOVES this business; you can feel the passion and interest she has in weddings 2) We were on a budget and it was very affordable - if you rented half the stuff she provides a la carte, it adds up! And the ability to provide your own food, alcohol, photographer, vendors, etc. allows you to control where every dollar goes 3) I didn't have to worry about any decorating, serving of food, mixing drinks, or anything! she has an amazing staff that works tirelessly (literally, they started setting up my wedding before 8 am!!), and you truly can't find that elsewhere.
    My ONLY complaint (actually, it's more of advice to anyone who books WWB), is that we just didn't have enough time built into our contracted schedule. Our ceremony began at 5:30 pm, and everything was supposed to wrap-up at 10:30...our guests were late to the ceremony, so that got delayed, and then pictures took longer than anticipated, so by the time we got to the reception, things had to be cut down or rushed through so we could fit everything in to a 5-hour window. I would recommend you pay the extra money to extend your time by one hour. :)

Sent on 04/14/2014