Winterthur Museum & Country Estate Reviews

Winterthur Museum & Country Estate 5
Winterthur Museum & Country Estate 6
Winterthur Museum & Country Estate 7

3.5

Winterthur is a beautiful venue to hold a wedding. We were very impressed by the elegance of the grounds and the professionalism of the staff. They were also very open to our customizing and our many, many questions.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Jordanna · Married on 09/02/2006

We absolutely loved this venue! The service was excellent and they attended to every detail with precision and sensitivity. The food was absolutely the best wedding food we've ever had! We were intending to be married in the garden, but rain forced us inside to the entryway of the museum...and it was GORGEOUS! My only real critique of the venue was the outdated decor of the reception room. While it can be, "dolled-up," it's still in dire need of a make-over. Overall, highly recommended!

Sent on 01/13/2009

J · Married on 08/10/2008

We worked with Rachel, one of the wedding planners there. There were some minor mistakes made (we asked for a square cake but got circle cake, during our tasting received some wrong selections), but overall very very good. The food at the wedding is excellent. They take great care of you. It's a little pricey I think, but if you go with Winterthur you don't have to worry about catering and you can do the ceremony and the reception in one place, so it's convenient. We had all kinds of centerpiece materials, decorations, name cards, etc. and they took care of setting up all of it - perfectly. You can trust them.

Sent on 12/03/2008

Shani · Married on 09/25/2011

3.0

Beautiful location. The food was excellent and the whole area is gorgeous.

Sent on 01/08/2012

Robyn · Married on 06/22/2012

0.6
      1.0
      0.5

I fell in love with this place from my very first visit. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that all of their promotions about how they "handle everything for you" are flat-out lies. For months I called and I e-mailed. My coordinator was Jen Lamb and it was like pulling teeth the whole time. I was interested in purchasing several upgrades, but eventually I had to give up on all of that because it clear that it was never going to happen.

I thought I might be able to finally get more information as my wedding date approached, but still nothing. Right up to the night of my rehearsal, I had so much mental anguish caused by their negligence.

Then things got really rough. The night of the rehearsal Jen makes a VERY embarrassing announcement that our ceremony location will be changed without ever saying a word to me or my fiancé. Obviously, I went to pieces. Eventually my dad was able to work the problem out, but I was up the whole night before my wedding having nightmares about what would happen if we couldn't work it out.

We had gone to a tasting months before the wedding to customize our menu. Well I guess that they lost those notes because my husband couldn't eat half of the food because he doesn't eat dairy. Very similar situations for the cake, the management of the vendors, and pretty much all of their other services. They just don't respond or care.

It's a fairly pricey venue and there is NO emphasis on service at all.

Sent on 02/22/2013