Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns Reviews

146 | Orange Park, FL

146 Reviews for Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns

Christina · Married on 08/26/2010

We loved the Winterbourne. The grounds are gorgous and the house itself has an old vintage style feel to it. The staff was really great, and Candice is very helpful through the planning process. Not to mention, the food was fantastic.

Sent on 09/15/2010

Kathy · Married on 07/03/2010

Perfect place for a smaller wedding. Beautiful old housefor the reception and great spot on the river for the ceremony.Candice was wonderful couldnt have asked for anyone to have handled things better. The staff was great and very professional. THe food was reasonably priced and tasted great. I highly recommend the Winterborne.

Sent on 08/07/2010

Lindsey · Married on 04/11/2010

I don't even know where to begin with the Winterbourne Inn! I guess I'll start with AMAZING! I loved every single aspect of my wedding and reception at this beautiful location in Orange Park, FL.

The grounds and Winterbourne building are beautiful ... timeless even. The entire area is reminiscent of a Florida that many of us will never know. The ceremony is set along the St. Johns river and the view is to die for!

Working with the sites catering director, coordinator, and wait and grounds staff was seamless. Candice is a complete doll and went above and beyond during the planning process to make sure all went well with our wedding (we planned from 1, 000 miles away). Her assistant, Tabitha, served as the day-of-coordinator, and I don't know how I would have survived without her. She took care of everything (timing, directives, etc) and always made sure I was relaxed and had a drink in my hand!

The FOOD was amazing!!! Tabitha provided us with some to take to our suite and we ended up ravaging the leftovers in the middle of the night. The presentation was beautiful and everyone loved it all.

I ended up staying at the Winterbourne Inn the night before the wedding, and what a peaceful location to spend the night before your wedding. The room was cozy, unique, and felt so much like "home".

Many people overlook the Winterbourne (as it's on the same grounds at the Club Continental). I advise you should head over to the Winterbourne. It's more bang for your buck and much more unique than the counterpart.

Sent on 08/29/2010

Leslie · Married on 06/20/2009

Best venue I could have dreamed of. Candice went above and beyond the call of duty. Have recommended this place many times. Beautiful location.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Savannah · Married on 06/12/2015

I couldn't not have asked for more on my wedding day. Winterbourne Inn and Jackie were amazing. Everything went on without a hitch! It was my perfect day I always dreamed of. Everyone at our wedding talked about how good the food was and I will tell you, it was amazing! I highly recommended Winterbourne Inn to any bride that wants a beautiful location but stays on budget! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/01/2015
  • KelandJohn

John · Married on 02/27/2015

Winterbourne Inn is a beautiful venue to celebrate your wedding! My husband and I were thrilled with how everything turned out the day-of. Our guests (we had around 120) loved the southern charm of this beautiful home and the gorgeous view of the river. The staff was very helpful throughout our planning process, answering all the questions we had and providing very useful advice and vendor recommendations. My 6 bridesmaids and I were able to check-in early to the bridal suite above the reception to use for hair, make-up, and a place to relax before the ceremony. Kim was amazing to have as a day-of coordinator. She definitely provided a stress-free environment for us knowing that everything was taken care of and the ceremony and reception ran very smoothly. She was also very accommodating when we made last-minute changes to our floor plan during our rehearsal (moving 5 tables inside and moving the buffet into the hallway). I was also a little nervous that we would not have a lot of space to dance in the main room, but after dinner the staff quickly moved out 2 of the center tables and we had plenty of space to dance....and our guests definitely danced....A LOT. Everything worked out great. The waitstaff and bartenders made sure that our guests were well taken care of, and gave extra attention to our wedding party as well. The food was also amazing and we received many compliments from guests raving about our southern-style buffet, especially the pulled pork and the squash casserole. We couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate our marriage!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Candice is the bomb. Seriously. She let us go at our own pace, figure things out and by hiring her as our day of coordinator, she made sure EVERYTHING and I do mean EVERYTHING went as well as it possibly could since our ceremony was rain delayed by 70 minutes!

I'd recommend the Winterbourne Inn for your intimate wedding.

P.S. The FOOD is beyond amazing!!!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Very please from start to finish with the Winterbourne venue and staff. Only thing i think they could improve upon is the way they handle service charge and tip for staff. Felt like we had to pay twice; not much explanation there. Ended up spending more than budgeted because of it.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns's reply:

To our very valued client listed as Private User above and all our clients past, present and future; Our lines of communication are always open. We are available by phone, email, text and for in person meetings at any time to answer any and all questions you may have. If at any time you did not or do not understand or have questions about our venue, the contract, weddings in general and/or the costs involved – you need only ask and we will be happy to clarify any questions or details of confusion.
    We are very open and upfront with any and all information regarding our venue and specifically with regards to any financial costs involved. The venue service charge is referenced on our initial package detailing all potential costs which is sent to all inquiries where it states “20% venue service charge is not a gratuity; it is paid to the house for labor & venue upkeep” as well as on each of our menus and is discussed at our final menu planning. We are very sorry that there was any confusion regarding the difference between the industry standard 20% venue service charge and any tip you choose to provide the staff working your event. Had we known that this information was unclear or confusing to you we would have been happy to provide you with additional clarification. It saddens us to know that this miss communication may have caused any dampening on the happiness of your special day.

Jessica · Married on 12/08/2012

The Winterbourne Inn was the perfect location for our wedding and reception! Our day was wonderful, like a dream thanks to the loveliness of the venue, the staff and the amazing food. Candice was of great assistance with the planning of the menu and answering all of my questions and had some great hints. We decided to go with their wedding day coordinator, Trisha. That was one of the best decisions we made. She was there to assist with the rehearsal and help manage the activities and our vendors on our wedding day. She helped relieve some of the stress from my mother! Also it seemed anytime I needed anything she was there and quick to assist. All the other staff were friendly and attentive. The food was amazing!! I wouldn't change anything that we had on our menu. We had 100 guests. The venue was cozy, but not too tight. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas. A real tree and lots of lights.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Johnna · Married on 05/14/2011

Amazing! My wedding was everything I ever wanted! Candice and the staff at the Winterbourne were fantastic. They were ready for anything! Candice was awesome at keeping everything running smoothly. As the Bride, knowing that Candice had it under control, I could finally breathe and enjoy our wonderful day. We really picked the perfect venue!

Sent on 05/30/2011

Vickie · Married on 11/27/2010

I thought everything went great. Candice was more than willing to meet with me prior to the wedding to answer questions and provide suggestions and recommend vendor options.

Sent on 12/03/2010
  • Marie

Marie Rush · Married on 12/06/2019

Couldn't have imagined a better place for my wedding!

The Winterbourne Inn was absolutely the coolest venue with the best view of the St. John's River! Kimberly, the manager and our day-of coordinator, was fabulous! I booked the venue in June 2019 for our January wedding this year and she helped guide my planning for our event from day 1! She is so easy to work with and went above and beyond to ensure our event went smoothly. 10/10 would recommend this venue!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Kelly · Married on 01/06/2018

We loved this venue, it was just right for us. The staff were amazing before hand and the day of, and they worked with us to make sure everything was just right

Sent on 01/23/2018

Carol · Married on 11/17/2016

Everything about the Winterbourne Inn was absolutely lovely for my daughters November 17, 2016 wedding. The only thing that propective brides may want to know is that the house only seats 100 people inside. We had a total of 130 guests, so that meant at least 30 had to sit outside on the back porch and garden area. My daughter and I had a difficult decision choosing who to seat outside hoping they would not feel left out of the celebration. We also understand that towards the end of the buffet line some of the food selections became scarce and some guests complained the Winterbourne "ran out of food" for them. I have not personally spoken to these guests and I do know that Kim and Bonnie did their best to make sure everyone was fed, but it was an embarrassment for us as the "hosts".

Sent on 11/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 12/06/2014

The winterbourne is an incredible venue with so much personality. Candice and Her staff are amazing and I could not have asked for a more perfect day. We had a larger wedding - around 125 people and there was PLENTY of space for all to move around! Very impressed! Food was also outstanding!

Sent on 12/18/2014

The wedding was beautiful and the staff was very attentive for the most part. The setting was a magical one for my husband and I and the food was great! Everyone raved about all the details as well as the venue.

Sent on 06/10/2014

I absolutely loved the Winterbourne on the St. Johns. This venue is just gorgeous! Beautiful flowers and greenery during the day and perfectly lit up with white lights when the sun goes down. I strongly suggest hanging some lanterns on the porch. One of my friends suggested this to me and I was glad I listened. The only reason I give the Quality of Service a 4 instead of a 5 is because with 3 tables to go they ran out of chicken and it took a little while for them to bring more out. I guess my family's appetite was a little bigger than they had planned for. However, the food was delicious!! Some of the best wedding food I have ever had.

Sent on 09/10/2013

I would highly recommend the Winterbourne to anyone and everyone, especially if you want an intimate wedding. The venue is awesome and breathtaking. The staff is top notch and helped me with just about every aspect of my wedding, which made my life a lot easier. Candace was my "day of" coordinator and it was money well spent! She made everything seamless and easy. She and Trish provided excellent service the day of my wedding and I couldn't have asked for a better team. The food was delicious and all of my guest kept raving about how good it was. I had a wonderful experience and I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Kayla · Married on 10/13/2012

Im so glad I chose the Winterbourne as my venue. Their food is amazing and reasonably priced when it comes to the cost of food/pp at a wedding. The setting was beautiful and everything went smoothly. We even ended up staying a 5th hour for our reception.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Kara · Married on 10/08/2011

I was recently married at the Winterbourne and cannot say enough good things about it. First of all working with Candice and the staff there was great, she really aims to please and is willing to help you out in anyway she can. She was very flexible with meeting times and was in constant contact with me. As stressed as planning a wedding can be every bride would appreciate that and I really did! It was pouring rain on my wedding day and even though I was heart broken that I couldnt get married or have beautiful photographs by the river like I had dreamed of, they really went out of their way to make the inside a gorgeous setting with a center aisle for me to walk down and all of my pictures turned out stunning! The food and service was fabulous! I received many compliments on the venue inside and out, the staff, and the food both during and since my wedding! I would definitely consider having another event at the Winterbourne and have had several friends ask for the information for upcoming weddings and events as well and would highly recommend it.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Erin · Married on 09/25/2010

My wedding at Winterbourne turned out perfect. Candice was great with helping in every aspect of planning and on the day of.

Sent on 10/03/2010

Clair · Married on 01/02/2010

The place was perfect for an intimate gathering of family & friends. The place transformed into a romantic and magical venue for our wedding reception on the night of our wedding. The blue moon highlighted the end of the night. The food was superb and the service was really good. Thank you, Candice & staff for all the hard work. The wooden floors was just perfect for all the dancing that we did that night! All the guests loved the place, food, & service!

Sent on 01/11/2010

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2009

The winterbourne was the mast beautiful place i have ever seen for a simple little wedding! When you do your vows you are facing the St. Johns river! I say its the best place to have a delicate, simple, ofcourse beautiful wedding!! Its perfect! My wedding was amazing! The people who worked there was very friendly and loved helping everyone! Its the best!

Sent on 11/09/2009

Kymberly · Married on 09/27/2014

I'm so happy with my overall experience with my wedding at Winterbourne. We couldn't have asked for more. Just not enough time, but I'm sure every bride would say the same thing.

Sent on 10/03/2014

One of the best priced venues in the Jacksonville area! The inside space does get very crowded, but I was still able to seat all 108 of my guests indoors. Candice and Trish were always able to respond to all of my email questions within 24 hours which is very helpful for a bride planning the entire wedding. The outdoors ceremony on the river is beautiful, but very hot in June. The indoor space also heats up when everyone gets inside and starts breathing! The food is delicious and the blue cheese biscuits are a must. The rooms upstairs for getting ready in are very convenient and room 4 is decorated perfect for a bride.

Sent on 06/08/2014