Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns Reviews

146 | Orange Park, FL

146 Reviews for Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns

Mandy · Married on 06/23/2012

This place was amazing!! Janet and her staff made it so that I could have my wedding the way I wanted it!! Everyone was extremely nice and helpful! The food was outstanding and the scenery was beautiful! I am so glad that I decided to get married at the Winterbourne Inn!! I would recommend this place to anyone!!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Linda · Married on 04/21/2012

Our experience at Winterbourne was nothing less than fantastic! The venue was absolutely gorgeous and we could not have imagined getting married anywhere else. The attentive staff was a pleasure to work with, not to mention they took a load of stress off of me and made wedding planning look so easy----they are true professionals! As for the food, we are still receiving compliments from our guests on how flavorful and delicious everything was (I HIGHLY recommend the Flank Steak!!). Everything was perfect!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Tori · Married on 04/08/2012

It was SOOOOOOO good! Candice and her team were very willing to create a menu around our needs. We had oven friend chicken, shrimp and grits (amazing!), pasta and veggies, mac and cheese - it was all great. We had a buffet and the facility has a separate room so the flow happened well and everyone got lots to eat! There were passed appetizers with cocktails, a fruit platter, and even an option for a chocolate fountain (we declined this). Our guests all loved it!

Sent on 04/25/2012

Kara · Married on 04/06/2012

The Winterbourne was wonderful! The staff was amazing and extremely helpful! The food was delicious! Because of them our wedding was everything we imagined it would be and more! Would highly reccommend to anyone looking for a ceremony or reception venue!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Heidi · Married on 03/25/2012

Janet and Candice are two special people. They made sure my day was amazing. The place looked amazing as well. I did not get to meet the staff but they did an awesome job on the food. The food was out of this world. This day was better than I imagined.

Sent on 04/10/2012

Anne · Married on 03/03/2012

I used the Winterbourne Inn for our Reception on 3/3/2012. Candice and Janet were amazing, I always had an email response within 24 hours - most time just a few hours. They were wonderful to work with and always offered suggestions and ideas to make things easier/better. Janet was also my DOC and was a god send. It would of been nice to have had her keep us on track in the morning, but she kept me stressfree and relaxed throughout the night and helped us with our ceremony.
    The food was SPECTACULAR, the view was gorgeous and it looked beautiful at night time. Everything turned out amazing. a Fantastic decision to hold our reception here. I'm a little sad we won't have an excuse to go back. It's a beautiful home and works perfectly - we had approximately 55 guests and it was just perfect, we were able to dance inside and on the front porch. Wonderful place, and wonderful people to work with.

Sent on 03/08/2012

Amanda · Married on 02/18/2012

Please please pick this venue for your wedding! The Winterbourne and their staff are amazing. We were searching for a unique site that offered a setting to be remembered and treasured. The Inn is historic with beautiful windows, a working fireplace, and a wonderful view of the river. It makes a beautiful backdrop for photos. You need minimal decorations because the site offers so much. The food is delicious; we had people complimenting our food weeks after the wedding.

Finally, Candice and Janet, we cannot express how thankful we are to have women like you helping to make our day exceptional. I will remember what you did for us forever. We had not a single worry; they answered every silly question and helped fix every possible hiccup that could have occurred. Not picking the Winterbourne Inn would be an error.

Sent on 03/09/2012

Darby · Married on 11/26/2011

We were so very blessed with the beautiful venue (classic and naturally breathtaking with the views of the river and gardens) - and the service is nothing shy of hiring the "dream team" to help with planning and last minute implementation. Candice was perfection- providing guidance, gently maintaining pace throughout the ceremony and reception. The guests were commenting on how professional the overall operation was - and everyone enjoyed the romantic twinkle lights in the gardens when taking a breath from the fun and dancing. Thank you Winterbourne, Candice and Team! We couldn't say enough wonderful words to express the experience!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Karen · Married on 11/06/2011

We chose Winterbourne to have our ceremony & reception because of the gorgeous river view and cozy, picturesque historic setting. I had also heard the food was wonderful, and it was true! We had the flank steak and chicken marsala, which was very delicious and got rave reviews from the guests.

Candice and her team were extremely helpful every step of the way. I was a bride on a budget (coordinating everything myself), and Candice was sensitive to that, offering advice and making sure that my planning was on track. I highly recommend her day-of-coordinator service, because she ensured that things ran smoothly, and made it a priority that I was comfortable and stress-free on our big day. She was very gracious with any requests I had, and made the whole process as pain-free as possible. Candice you guys are awesome!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2011

My sister had her wedding on April 2, 2011 at the Winterbourne. I was also engaged and if you asked me before her wedding if I was thinking about having my wedding there as well, my response was a polite, yet FIRM, no way! I will not have the same venue my sister had...that would be ridiculous!! Well, after her wedding, my attitude changed 100%!! Seeing how the Winterbourne's day of coordinator literally catered to my sister's every need, want, desire....I was wishing I had found the Winterbourne first! Three days later, I walked into the Winterbourne and put my name on the calender to have my wedding there!! I knew it was the right place for us.

I could not picture having my wedding anywhere else but the Winterbourne. The actual venue itself is stunning, of course, and the view of the river is spectacular!! Aside from the beauty that is the Winterbourne, the staff is without a doubt, the best in the business. Candice, who works more with the catering side, knows what she is doing!! She helped us make our menu, gave us recommendations, and kept in touch with me the entire way. Knowing that she was always just an email or a phone call away was such a relief!! Janet, our day of coorindator, can be defined in one word...FABULOUS! I did not worry about a thing. Yes, a couple of things went wrong, one of our unity candles broke, the grooms personalized champagne flute cracked...but I knew about nothing until AFTER the reception. And the best part is, everything was taken care of and no one else noticed either!!
    When I think back to my wedding day, I have no memories of stressing out, running up & down the stairs making sure things were in the right place...my memories are filled with gorgeous views, an amazing venue staff, people telling me how spectacular everything looked, feeling so relaxed and happy I almost couldn't stand it, and most importantly....my husband & I can honestly say that it was the BEST day of our lives. I know that this was all thanks to the Winterbourne.
    Phenominal staff. Delicious food. Gorgeous, breath taking views. The Winterbourne is AMAZING :)

Sent on 11/29/2011

Karli · Married on 09/04/2011

The facility was absolutely beautiful. The staff was great. They were very punctual, professional, and polite. We had an amazing wedding at a very reasonable cost! Thank you Club Continental and Winterbourne staff you were outstanding!!!

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • lilmssonshine

Amanda · Married on 08/12/2011

Candice Williams is AMAZING! She is extremely professional and knows what she's doing. Winterbourne Inn is absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! I love my job! Candice

Angela · Married on 06/29/2011

All of the Winterbourne staff were wonderful! Candice was especially helpful in making sure things were done right. The chicken Italiano was really tasty. Our bar tender was really great too! The set up was beautiful and just what we wanted. Our ceremony started nearly an hour late due to the weather and my mother was running late and everyone was very patient with us. The rain was not helping matters much but we pulled it off. One thing that I would suggest to anyone who may rent this venue is to rent one of the rooms up stairs to change in. We did not realize until last minute that we had not rented a room upstairs. The room we used was nice but there was only one mirror in it and it was a little cramped for 5-6 girls at a time, but it all worked out. Thank you again for all the help, and patience especially :D.

Sent on 07/01/2011

Rebekah · Married on 06/18/2011

We had our wedding here and everything was PERFECT. The food was excellent. The staff was amazing! Janet was awesome!!! The atmosphere was beautiful. Many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. You can not go wrong when using the Winterbourne as your venue.

Sent on 06/19/2011

Sharon · Married on 05/21/2011

We could not have been any more pleased than we were with how smoothly our daughter's wedding and reception went at the Winterbourne on the St Johns. The coordinator (Janet) was an absolute delight to work with. She kept problems from our knowledge until after the wedding, and any hick-ups that occured she handled with ease. The food was wonderfully prepared and was very good considering the small kitchen they worked in; they were really cranking some food out for us. There was not one question that went unanswered, and the staff worked hard to accommodate any requests that we had and met each with a smile. If anyone were to ask me if I would use them again, the answer is YES....the only thing I would have changed if I could,would be that after the reception we felt a tad rushed to get everything removed as the next wedding party was arriving and we were crossing each others paths.....but was not that big a deal....Over all you got a lot for your money,when compared to other places in the Jacksonville area and it was worth every cent we paid to see the smile it brought to our daughter's face. We thank Candice, Janet and her staff for making it a memorable day!! Sharon U

Sent on 05/24/2011

Kaleigh · Married on 05/13/2011

Winterborne was wonderful! Everyone there did a beautiful job helping to make our wedding as special and perfect as possible! The inn is beautiful and we loved it and everyone there!!!!

Sent on 07/01/2011

Lisa · Married on 04/30/2011

I was little nervous about my food selection of an Italian buffet at a traditionally southern venue however the food was FABULOUS! My Italian family from NY loved it as well as my local guests! I can't say enough about their wonderful service. Everyone at the Winterbourne was extremely accommodating to myself as the bride and to my family. I highly recommend this venue. They are true professionals and really make you feel at home, as well as feeling like royalty on your most special day. Our guests could not stop complimenting the service, the food or the gorgeous location. We will be celebrating our milestone anniversaries at this venue :)

Sent on 05/10/2011

LAUREN · Married on 04/22/2011

To Candice - I just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated everything you did for us from start to finish. I can’t imagine how it would be if we didn’t have you, especially on our wedding day. You made sure everything went smoothly and perfectly. You certainly know what you’re doing over there and I would recommend you and WB to anyone getting married. You and your staff were awesome! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. You should be winning awards or something!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I wouldn’t have done it any other way!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Jamie · Married on 04/16/2011

We loved our wedding at The Winterbourne.. Candice and Janet were wonderful. We couldnt have imagined a more beautiful wedding. Thanks guys for giving us such an AMAZING wedding day!!

Sent on 04/25/2011

katie · Married on 04/10/2011

The venue is perfect for a simple old fashioned wedding!

Sent on 04/20/2011

Jennifer · Married on 12/31/2010

I had my ceremony and reception at the Winterbourne on 12/31/10 and it was amazing. From start to finish, Candice was full of creative ideas and helped me stay on track. The day of the wedding she kept everything flowing and it was PERFECT. I would highly recommend this venue!! (Side note - My guests are still talking about the food and service)

Sent on 03/21/2011

Tiffany · Married on 12/05/2010

The winterbourne is a beautiful place to get married, and very cost effective. I just got married 12/05/2010 and everything turned out better than I imagined. Candice, and her assistant Kim is wonderful!!! One cannot go wrong by booking this place. I live in San Diego and blind booked it with out seeing it in person, and was amazed at the view once I arrived. If someone is looking for a place with southern charm with water this is your location...very romantic. Also, the food is really good!!! Couldn't have been more pleased with the winterbourne. I did use the winterbournes referrals on DJ (steadman), Florist (blossoms and accents), and Rev Craig Grandstaff. Extremely happy with all of the above, and really happy with steadmen....he is awesome* Best of luck to all future brides at the winterbourne!!

Sent on 12/08/2010

Rachel · Married on 11/14/2010

Candice and her staff were an absolute pleasure to work with! They were so helpful and quick to respond and made my wedding day run so smoothly. I would highly recommend this venue to others. The setting is beautiful and it is the kind of place where you don't need to add a lot to it. It is gorgeous on its own.

Rachel Mobley

Sent on 11/23/2010

Alexandria · Married on 10/29/2010

Far exceeded my expectations! Candice and Janet made it a relaxing and fun day for me, my husband, and everyone else. I would definitely recommend The Winterbourne!

Sent on 11/17/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2010

Winterbourne Inn was the most perfect place my husband and I could have ever chosen! It was quaint and full of southern charm. Candice was a blessing and without her our day would not have been perfect. Thank you again Winterbourne for being a part of our big day!

Sent on 11/05/2010