Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns Reviews

146 | Orange Park, FL

146 Reviews for Winterbourne Inn on the St.Johns

Amanda · Married on 03/15/2015

PERFECTION! There isn't a single negative comment I can think of when I look back on my wedding day. It was absolutely perfect and I owe it all to all of the wonderful people at the Winterbourne. From day 1, we booked the Winterbourne on the spot, it is so incredibly charming and beautiful. I can't tell you how easy they were to work with. I had an exact vision of my wedding day and I'll admit I was slightly neurotic about it, Trisha and Bonnie were so wonderful and guided me through every step of the way. Sometimes I would even email them in the middle of the night and they would respond and it was so comforting. You can really tell that everyone at the Winterbourne loves their job. Bonnie was our day of coordinator, and I truly have to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart, I am so grateful that you were there. There wasn't a single hiccup on our wedding day. When I say it went perfectly, it truly did. Oh and I didn't even mention the food....It was fantastic! Best food at a wedding I've ever had. I could literally go on for pages about how awesome our wedding was because of everyone at the Winterbourne. Thank you for making our wedding day everything I ever dreamed of. <3

Sent on 03/25/2015

Alanna · Married on 03/14/2015

Winterbourne Inn is absolutely beautiful, and was the perfect location for our wedding. You can't beat the views right on the river or the charm of the historic house. Even better than the beauty of the venue was the professionalism and kindness of Winterbourne's staff. They were easy to work with from start to finish, and ensured our special day went smoothly. We are especially incredibly thankful for Kim, who was our day of coordinator and ran our rehearsal. She was very kind and a pleasure to work with. The best thing about this venue is THE FOOD. We served brunch, and it was absolutely delicious! We got so many compliments from our guests about how good everything was, and how it was so much better and more creative than standard wedding dinner fare. I wish Winterbourne were a restaurant we could keep coming back to! All in all, I honestly could not have dreamed up a better place to celebrate our special day. The staff and experience were truly wonderful, and you cannot beat the value you're getting, as they are very reasonably priced.

Sent on 03/20/2015

Grace · Married on 03/08/2015

This venue was exactly what I was looking for! They were a great value and my day went smoothly thanks to BONNIE!!!!!!!!! She is wonderful!!I did the day of service and there are no words to describe how incredible she was. She kept track of my vendors (and guests) and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way. The food was delicious, and everybody loved the entire experience. I would recommend the Winterbourne, and Bonnie, to anybody searching for a venue.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Laura · Married on 11/15/2014

The staff and manager at the Winterbourne Inn were very accommodating and made you feel right at home

Sent on 12/26/2014

Petra · Married on 11/11/2014

Winterbourne Inn is, hands down, the best choice for a wedding. I had 3 months to plan my entire wedding, and had no idea where to begin. I figured I'd start with the 'place'. I chose Winterbourne initially because of its pricing compared to other venues I saw. Little did I know I would encounter what felt like extended family! We met with Candice and she walked is around the property. It is beautiful! The ceremony spot overlooks the St Johns river and the massive Oak Trees have beautiful moss handing so elegantly. Pictures are AMAZING here! I immediately knew this was the place! Candice then gave me so many pointers, suggestions, and short cuts. She was so helpful. Although they are super busy, I always felt like their only bride. Now the food... to die for! I'm contemplating becoming a wedding crasher just for dinner! (Get the sweet potatoes. Trust me!) Winterbourne provided all the linens, glasses, dinner ware etc. We chose an open bar, the staff was awesome. The mixed drinks were perfect, and after the ceremony, all the guests went inside so the wedding party could take pictures, and we were served appetizers on the lawn! They clearly thought of everything! If you're reading this, I say "Stop looking. This is the place." Congratulations! :-)

Sent on 11/20/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/25/2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. Everyone was do attentive when it came to questions and needs. Candice and Trisha were awesome at getting back to me at a timely manner. Everyone that came to the wedding just raved about it. Their food is also amazing.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Mary Ann · Married on 10/25/2014

We can not express how wonderful everything was for our daughters wedding 10/25/14. From the very first time we got in touch with you, it has been an absolute awesome experience! Your staff was awesome. There was nothing that my husband or I had to ask about or suggest. Everything was handled perfectly. Tim and I were able to enjoy our daughters wedding and visit with our guests. The food was great, couldn't have asked for better. The service both inside and out was AWESOME!! Thank you so very much for everything that you did to help make this day special!!! Tim and Mary Ann Schreiber

Sent on 11/04/2014

Kendall · Married on 10/17/2014

Thank you so much to everyone at winterbourne! Our wedding was wonderful and I have nothing but awesome, wonderful, great things to say about winterbourne and Candice. The food was amazing, Candice really made the whole day go by so smoothly and my entire experience with them for the past 10 months has been so positive and reassuring. Whenever I had a question or worry they wasted no time in responding and putting me at ease. Thank you so much. I feel so lucky to hold this very magical place and these lovely welcoming people so close to my heart. I can never express my gratitude enough.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Bethany · Married on 10/11/2014

Candace and the Winterbourne staff were amazing throughout the entire process. We fell in love with the location and everything was beautiful. The food was amazing...we are still getting compliments from it. The preferred vendors they recommended were also amazing. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff for our wedding day.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Shannon · Married on 10/04/2014

The Winterbourne was a great venue to have our Fall wedding! They were extremely helpful with our planning and provided us guidance when it was needed. Candice was fabulous to work with. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Amy · Married on 08/01/2014

The winterbourne was the absolute perfect place to have my wedding! I hired Candace as my coordinator and that was the best decision I ever made. She took care of everything on wedding day and made sure nothing was forgotten. The venue is incredibly beautiful and so charming. And the food was amazing! Everyone raved about it. They even made gluten free plates for those who had diet restrictions.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Erley and Michael · Married on 07/02/2014

My wife and I were extremely pleased with our wedding experience at Winterbourne.I would recommend it to anyone looking to get married,they made our entire day beautiful and stress free.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Alice · Married on 06/28/2014

We were very happy with this venue, although it is a little small. The setting is beautiful, the food was delicious, and Candace was very helpful. However, I would not recommend this venue if you are having a large wedding. We just barely fit with 100 guests. And I would definitely recommend paying for wedding planning services for rehearsal and day of ceremony. Candace did a great job of rounding everyone up and getting them to where they were supposed to be. She was also there to help me, the mother of the bride, take care of all the little details so that my daughter could just relax and enjoy her special day!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Donna · Married on 06/13/2014

We had my son's rehearsal dinner at the Winterbourne Inn on June 13, 2014. I could not have been happier with the entire event. Candice and the staff were spectacular! I have coordinated many events and worked with many people over the years, but none as professional and friendly. On such a special night for my son and his now wife, I could not have been more pleased. I would recommend the Winterbourne Inn to everyone!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Charlsie · Married on 05/25/2014

Candice and her team are absolutely wonderful. My husband and I had the perfect wedding day - the site is beautiful and the food was spectacular. My husband has a gluten allergy and we only eat fish (no other meat), and Candice made sure we had meals prepared for us that would meet our restrictions (and it was DELICIOUS!). Bonnie actually coordinated the wedding for us, and she was great! We also emailed a lot with Trish and Candice throughout the entire year before our wedding, and they were so helpful and had no problems when I wanted to visit the site to check things out (over and over again...). :) We cannot recommend Winterbourne Inn enough - thanks to you all for helping us make great memories!
    C & J
    5-25-2014

Sent on 07/09/2014

Linda · event on: 05/11/2014

The Winterbourne Inn has been the home of the Clay County Humane Society’s Bark After Dark Benefit for the last 12 years. Our live auction event showcases handsome bachelors walking adorable pups for adoption and, lucky for us, the animal loving staff at Winterbourne goes out of their way to make everything run seamlessly. Although it can get a little “harried” because of the many components required to make this event successful, there are no worries because Candice and the sensational staff handle it with ease. As a non-profit with tight budget constrictions, we rely on the staff’s expertise to guide us in the right direction, and they never disappoint; from the planning to the break down they are involved every step of the way. Our event promises gourmet food, music, and dancing under the stars while enjoying the St. Johns River breezes- Winterbourne helps us make it happen. Needless to say, we love this venue and could not imagine our most important event of the year being trusted to anyone else, anywhere else.

Sent on 07/29/2014

Beautiful venue on the river. The wedding was held on the lawn and the reception was held inside. The food was excellent. All the guest loved the wedding and reception. Would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Candice and Trish were amazing through our entire wedding planning. Candice was full of wedding ideas, advice, and made the whole event planning run smoothly. The night was everything that my hisband I had ever hoped it would be! Thanks for the great memories!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Sarah · Married on 04/13/2014

The Winterbourne is a perfect venue for a wedding or any special ocassion. The venue is so beautiful that you don't need to spend a fortune to decorate, you actually need very little decor. We just loved the Southern charm it offered with a beautiful view of the river. It just felt like home, like you were entertaining guests in your own home. It is so relaxing that the guests feel right at home. The staff was great to work with and the food....well, it was amazing! You have to try their signature Blue Cheese Biscuits....yum yum. We still hear compliments from the wedding guests about the biscuits and honestly all the food that was on our menu.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Christine · Married on 03/15/2014

Trish and Candice are awesome and such a joy to work with. From the minute I sent them my first email to the very last details even after the event was over they were quick to respond to emails and attend to my needs. The venue itself is gorgeous, the prices are ideal, but really what made this venue the best choice was being able to work with Trisha and Candice. You will not regret a thing by booking this venue!!

Sent on 03/22/2014

The entire staff is easy to work with, Candice and Trisha are amazing, the venue was absolutely perfect for the ceremony and reception.

Sent on 01/23/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 01/12/2014

Our wedding was absolutely perfect. The staff was amazing, venue was beautiful, price was awesome and the day couldn't have been better. Will suggest this place to anyone!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Wonderful service, delicious food, beautiful site!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Meagan · Married on 11/22/2013

I recently was married at the Winterbourne. What a beautiful and perfect day that was! The Winterbourne was everything I was looking for in a wedding venue. I loved the river view, the trees, the white vintage house and how comfortable everyone felt while inside. The staff, Candace and Trisha were the BEST! They did mention I was the calmest bride they've ever seen and I give them most the credit! They were a tremendous help and made my experience less stressful but fun! Candace made sure everyone was rehearsed and running on schedule...she kept the rest of my vendors in check too! The food was excellent, not one complaint. They were really easy going, professional and super sweet. I wish I could relive my perfect day. Do not miss out on having the best indoor/outdoor comfortable, elegant, affordable and beautiful wedding venue like the Winterbourne AND definitely do not skimp on your photographer to make sure you capture all the memories!! I highly recommend you attend one of their open houses to see what all this gem has to offer!! Thank you ladies :)

Sent on 09/04/2014

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Candice and the Winterbourne staff!!!! First, the venue is just gorgeous! Second, the food was delicious! Third, and most important, Candice was an absolute dream to work with! Truly they deserve a higher rating than 5 stars! I don't even know where to start... she is professional, accommodating, helpful, quick to answer any questions and just overall committed to making sure the wedding day was everything I hoped it would be. I had a crappy wedding day coordinator (not associated w the Winterbourne) who messed up our chairs and didn't even offer to fix it. Candice went above and beyond to try and fix the problem even though it wasn't technically her problem to solve. We ended up sending our coordinator home after the ceremony and Candice took over our reception and it was perfect! Should've hired her for the whole day :) Can't say enough about the Winterbourne and it's staff. They are awesome!!!!

Sent on 11/12/2013