90 Reviews for Charleston Wedding Planner

Non-Religious (3)
Partial Planning (1)
Civil (1)
Religious (1)

As the mother of the bride and the fact that we live in NJ and the wedding took place in Charleston I cannot say enough about Michael and his staff. He provided resources and guidance and suggestions all along the 18 month journey to the wedding day. And he did it with a warmth and genuineness that I began to feel like he was part of the family. He made me feel comfortable with all my crazy little questions and never ceased to amaze me with his immediate responses. But the wedding day really blew me away - do not know what we would have done without him. An absolute gem and I am so glad we got to know Michael.

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I'll make this as clear as I can. Michael Winship is your wedding planner or you made a big mistake. We had heard about how stressful planning a wedding can be. We called Micheal randomly and left a message. Ten minutes later he called back. Eleven minutes later Micheal was our new best friend. It's just not a Charleston wedding without Winship Productions! He handled everything but most of all he listened to what we wanted and made it happen.

Profile Picture Les & Jordan, 8/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Michael is the BEST!!! We LOVE HIM! We had heard about how stressful planning a wedding can be. We called Michael randomly and left a message. Ten minutes later he called back. Eleven minutes later he was our new best friend. We are from out of town and had a destination wedding at Boone Hall Plantation. I had a certain look that I was going for and Michael hit the nail on the head. He knew exactly what we wanted and helped us get there. We came to Mount Pleasant multiple times to go over certain aspects and to pick things out, but he already had the things picked out that I wanted. He is just amazing! Our wedding is still being talked about. It's just not a Charleston wedding without Winship Productions! He handled everything but most of all he listened to what we wanted and made it happen. Thank you Michael! You truly are talented!

Profile Picture Jordan, 8/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Winship Productions very successfully helped manage our destination wedding to Charleston area. The professional time management of scheduled meetings, phone calls, management spreadsheets and vendor payment management were all done with extreme professionalism. Michael was able to provide a menu local service experts from catering, photography, music, rehearsal spaces, florists , external planners and furniture rentals, china, flatware, glasses , etc. Michael was very helpful in providing all the vendors in alignment, timing and helping to keep our vision to be fulfilled.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 8/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Destination

As a person with type A personality, I would have to say, Mike is a GREAT partner to work with, especially with planning my dream wedding. Being a destination bride, a majority of our correspondences were through emails and phone which was great and to note, he’s the most responsive person I know other than myself. It was so hard for me to put all the pieces together during the planning process but having Mike there with his creativity, charm, attention to details, ability to work well with others was simply a blessing. I honestly felt as if he was our angel that kept watch over us and made sure our wedding celebration was a complete success. I would highly recommend Mike if you’re planning a wedding in Charleston!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious

Mike,
As things finally begin to settle back down, James and I would like to thank you dearly for all of the hard work and effort that went into planning our wedding. You didn't miss a beat when we told you that we had to move things up 8 months, and you had everything lined up for us in a week. Then we had the situation with my mother being sick at the wedding, and you stepped in then as well. You served as more than our wedding planner, you became our friend and someone we could unload our stresses on to. When all of my friends get married, I will definitely make sure they have your name and number, because you made the experience of going to nursing school, dealing with chronic health problems, dealing with James's mom's cancer, and having a long distance bridal party so much easier. We want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts, and that day will truly be remembered as the best day of our lives because we got to marry our best friend. You really are the best in the business and I wish you all of the success. I know I will be recommending you to my friends when they get married!

Sincerely,
Julianna and James Weninger

Profile Picture Julianna, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Mike and his entire team were amazing! We had to change the wedding date due to an illness in the family and he took the reigns and everything was taken care of within a week. We did not have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. Everything went smoothly and created the perfect day! We could not have done it without him and the team. Well worth every penny. You can tell he is passionate about his business and cares about making the day special.

Profile Picture Tamara, 5/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Mike Winship is a true professional, a talented planner with fantastic vision, and overall amazing person. My husband and I hired Mike for our destination wedding at Boone Hall in May of 2017 and he was an incredible partner every step of the way.
Boone Hall is a blank slate venue, so we had to bring in each and every vendor individually, which can be daunting and time consuming. Mike made it easy and fun! He has strong relationships with Charleston's top caterers, photographers, DJ's, florists, etc. We even got discounts with some vendors for working through Mike.
In addition to keeping planning on track in the months leading up to our wedding, Mike was irreplaceable the day of. He was on site at 9am to make sure all vendors were on track and he made sure the entire day went smoothly. We had a TON of decorations and photos and Mike's team was clutch with placing them all beautifully and then packing them all up at the end of the night.
My husband and our families were able to focus on enjoying the big day and not worrying about any details. Mike had it all covered from start to finish!
I highly recommend Winship Productions to any couple who wants to a planner with strong connections and amazing advice. One of the big differences between Mike and a lot of the bigger planning companies is that we feel like we also got a friend out of the deal. Mike truly cares about his couples as people, not just as clients. He's the best!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/19/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I cannot say enough nice things about Mike Winship! He made my wedding day absolutely flawless. I started working with Mike about a year out from my wedding date. He would always check in with me and we would grab coffee to go over vendors, timeline, and the overall wedding day. He is such a joy to meet and talk with. His enthusiasm for making my wedding day perfect took SO much stress off me as the bride - he made me feel beyond confident to put things in his hands. Great communicator at all times during the wedding planning process. On the day of the wedding, Mike and his wonderful assistants ran the show as smooth as can be! Everything was put in the perfect place and he absolutely understood the "look" and "feel" of what I was going for. We had a downtown wedding (ceremony at Saint Marys and reception the The Governor Thomas Bennett house) and all my guests kept saying it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have ever been to. I could not have done this without Mike - my family absolutely loved him and were so thankful for how hardworking and passionate he was to make sure everyone enjoyed the big day! I highly recommend using Mike as your wedding planner - best decision I made!

Profile Picture Samanth, 4/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Mike is the best!
Our daughter was married in April in IOP and Mike was truly a "coordinator extraordinaire"! He is personable, always available and so easy to work with. With his help, the wedding planning process was a breeze. The wedding day was relaxing and we were all able to enjoy each moment because we knew that Mike and Tory, his assistant, had everything taken care of.
We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Sue, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

My wife and I live in NJ and decided to get married in Charleston, SC. Because of the fact that we were doing a destination wedding, we immediately decided to hire a wedding planner. Right off the bat, we knew Mike would be the best choice for us. He called us within a few minutes of receiving our inquiry on a Sunday afternoon. Right away he was able to put us at ease and we were confident that he would help us make our wedding day an incredible experience.

Mike did an incredible job helping keep us on track throughout the planning process. He was able to provide extremely valuable insight into every aspect of our wedding. My wife and I have hectic schedules and we asked Mike to make sure he gave us a kick in the behind if we were ever falling behind schedule or responding slowly, and he didn't disappoint :). Above all, he was honest with us.

Our wedding day experience was smoother than I could have imagined. If there were any issues, my wife and I had no clue. Mike and his team took care of everything we needed. His team made sure we took a few minutes for ourselves to enjoy our dinner and relax.

We would recommend Mike to anyone looking for a wedding planner for their event. Without hesitation. Seriously, do it.

Profile Picture Eleanor, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

If you are planning a Charleston wedding, you MUST contact Mike with Winship Productions. Recently, he assisted me in the planning of our son's wedding at Boone Hall Plantation. The ceremony was on the lawn in front of the house, followed by a reception at the Cotton Dock. Since we live out of state, I leery of choosing a wedding planner from Charleston, but Mike was absolutely fantastic! He was very professional and always available through e-mail or by phone. We only made two visits to Charleston for the planning process. Mike is respected by and has great rapport with local vendors. His enthusiasm is contagious and his passion and commitment are beyond reason. Our friends have commented that our son's wedding is, without a doubt, the best wedding they have ever attended! Mike will make your son or daughter's wedding dreams come true!

Profile Picture Becky, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My now husband and I live in Maryland and decided to get married in Charleston, SC. When trying to find a planner I came across Mike with Winship Productions. After reading his reviews, I decided to give him a call. Once we started chatting, I knew we had to have him as our planner. A few weeks later we headed down to charleston to meet him and pick out a venue. From that moment on Mike was with us ever step of the way. He was always available through email and phone whenever I needed him. He answered every question in a timely manner and gave the best advice when trying to make decision. He was professional and had a great set of vendors. He is out make the day special and unique for each couple. Our day went off with out a hitch and everything exceed our expectations. Our day was epic and thanks to Mike for making it seriously the best day ever!!

Profile Picture Megan, 3/24/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I'll start by saying the way my husband and I chose to celebrate our nuptials was anything other traditional. We chose to have a tiny immediate family only wedding ceremony and then a gigantic friends and family reception/party a few months later. We were in search of someone with the knowledge, flexibility and INTEREST in helping us do so. We spoke to Mike over the phone and immediately knew he was the right man for the job. Mike was enthusiastic and more than willing to help and cater to our unconventional needs. I think he actually said our idea was "Dynamite!" Not only did he officiate and help with our actual wedding ceremony, but he helped us plan an AMAZING reception/celebration for October with all of our first-choice vendors. I am MOST thankful for having Mike, because our reception fell on the same weekend as Hurricane Matthew. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our party and while the idea of rescheduling a party for 150+ people seemed IMPOSSIBLE to me, it was no challenge for him. He contacted all vendors, provided endless advice, support and suggestions, and took all of the stress off my plate. We were able to successfully reschedule our reception two months later and it went off without a hitch! Mike helped me get through one of the toughest days of my life, and gave me two of the greatest days of my life that I will NEVER forget. He absolutely knows the industry well and has so many valuable connections and ideas. I would 100% recommend him as he is willing to accommodate your needs in order to give you the unique once in a lifetime celebration you deserve! Thanks Mike!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are looking for someone that will not only help you with your day, but give you great advice and knowledge to make your day special and flawless, Winship Productions is your go-to planner. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Haley, 10/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

From the first time I spoke with Michael Winship on the phone, I was immediately calmer about everything revolving my wedding and the entire planning process. He is extremely well-versed in all things wedding related as well as all things necessary for a wedding in Charleston, SC! My fiance and I were planning remotely from Boston, MA, and Michael was always available to guide us, answer questions, and make suggestions. He went above and beyond the list of responsibilities that we stipulated in our contract, and he was very humble and understanding about all miscommunications/difficult decision-making processes. My entire family and bridal party LOVED working with Michael and his team! I recommend him for any level of wedding coordination/planning! He is an expert in the field!

Profile Picture User7142796, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Michael is amazing...he made planning and executing our big day a success & made it fun. We highly recommend him. He is like the mayor, he knows everyone and is such an asset. We ADORE Winship!!!

Profile Picture Alyson, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Michael as our day of coordinator at the Cotton Dock at Boone Hall Plantation and we couldn't have pulled our day off without him. He didn't just serve as a point person the day of- throughout the entire planning process he provided advice and guidance. He is extremely personable, knowledgeable, and will ensure you have a seamless and enjoyable experience- I HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture Beth, 7/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Michael Winship is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Within the first two minutes of our first phone conversation with him we knew he was the one we wanted to help us plan our destination wedding and he carried that level of impression throughout the entire 8 months leading up to our perfect wedding day. He helped us plan and host the most beautiful, unique and flawless wedding day beyond anything we could have possibly dreamed about; and our wedding guests loved him as much as we do. We didn't lift a finger on our wedding day from start to finish, which allowed us to simply enjoy watching everything unfold. There was a calm and focus that I would imagine many brides and grooms don't get to have on their wedding day. Michael has the utmost respect from all of the vendors he works with, he brings the best of the best from the long list of Charleston vendors. Most of the vendors we worked with were sure to let us know that we had hired the best planner in town, but we already knew that. We already miss working with him now that our wedding day has come and gone, but Michael will forever be so much more than our wedding planner...he will forever be our friend. We highly, highly recommend working with Winship Productions.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

When you decide to get married there are so many vendors to choose from it can make your head spin. Mike Winship is a straight forward, supportive and knowledgeable wedding planner who can narrow down your choices to fit your budget and your taste. His years of experience has made him an expert on local vendors around the Charleston area. Our wedding day could not have been any better thanks to Mike's recommendations and direction. He was there for us throughout the whole process, even though we were on the other side of the country for the majority of the planning process. Thanks to Mike and his team I had the best day of my life.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

Being an out of town bride I knew I wanted to find a wedding planner that I felt a strong connection with and when I met Mike I knew he was the real deal and hired him! I must say it was hands down the best decision I made. He is so warm and personable I felt like I knew him for years. He guided me through everything and I absolutely loved all of my vendors! Working with Mike was so much fun and was everything to me. It is something I will never forget. His enthusiasm and energy is contagious and I appreciated everything he helped me with throughout the planning! He responds to emails in a very timely manner and really is such a joy to work with! My wedding day was beyond anything I could ever imagine and everything came together thanks to Mike and his amazing team! They did not stop and took care of every beautiful detail. They also made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night. All we had to do was relax and enjoy celebrating with all of our guests and for that alone I am forever grateful for Mike! It was so nice to not have to worry about anything. Many guests came up to us throughout the night saying how awesome and friendly he was. I consider Mike a friend and I honestly cannot recommend him enough...hire him and have fun planning! Cheers! XO Jenn

Profile Picture Jenn & Jason, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

I "found" Mike in late 2014 by searching the internet. His warmth, genuineness and knowledge of the Charleston wedding business really spoke to me (as we started to plan my daughter's 4.16.16 wedding). I made one call to Mike and the rest is history! We hit it off immediately. He gently steered us in directions where he felt my daughter's vision for the wedding would be realized. He attended many meeting, especially the critical ones (food tasting; venue; florist; rentals, DJ, Ceremony music, etc). Mike is extremely responsiveness. It was just a pleasure working with Mike over the 18 months. We are still floating on cloud 9 at the dream wedding the kids had. Everything was perfect -- everything! Not one thing was missed and Mike even had a few surprises for us along the way! Thank you Mike and Winship team for providing a lifetime of wonderful, happy memories . xoxo Jeri

Profile Picture Jeri, 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

We owe our biggest thank you to our wedding planner Mike Winship, the person that worked the hardest to make everything come together perfectly!! Our wedding day turned out to be better than we ever could of hoped. Our dreams were truly turned into reality, and we know this is largely due to his efforts. Mike is a true professional and kept calm, collected and on track throughout the entire planning process, even when we were undecided or struggling ourselves. He has clearly developed great vendor relationships in Charleston and the quality of our experience is an example of the strengths of those relationships. It was great working with Mike and we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a planner in Charleston. His guidance and assistance are invaluable!

Profile Picture SarahGlenn, 11/8/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

We were planning a destination wedding in Charleston and my co-worker recommended Mike at Winship Productions. He was invaluable in helping us put together a fabulous event. Mike always gave us a selection of quality vendors to choose from and kept us focused and on track with our decisions. Most importantly, on "game day", he was present from start to finish, making sure everything was going according to plan. I am sure he handled many issues we weren't even aware of. And I, as Mother of the Bride, didn't worry about a thing and enjoyed the entire day! It was a fabulous day and have to thank Mike for making it so.

Profile Picture User5627304, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Non-Religious

Hi, we are Dave and Lea. We are from Baltimore, Md. We fell in love with Charleston during a vacation and decided to get married there. When searching for a wedding planner Winship productions was the only planner even willing to sit down with us 2 years in advance. Every other company didn't give us the time of day that far out. Seconds after our initial call with him, Mike was on point in sending us all the information on Charleston venues. He even went as far as setting up all of our appointments and venue visits, prior to even signing with him! Every step of the way he was there helping us find the very best vendors within our budget. He was always very responsive when we had questions or were freaking out. He made sure we were always on track with gentle reminders and a crazy positive attitude! Come the day of the wedding he went above and beyond, helping us with transportation, and handling all the little details, so we could simply enjoy our day. We had a downpour just prior to our ceremony and we thought we would not get the ceremony outside on the steps that we had hoped and planned for. Thankfully the rain stopped just before the ceremony. Everything was soaked, Mike and his assistant were out with brooms and towels, doing everything they could to get me what I had dreamed of. I cannot say enough good things about him. You truly can not go wrong with Mike Winship. We ended up with not only a seriously perfect wedding, but a friend as well.

Profile Picture Leanne, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews