Winnie Phung Weddings & Events Reviews

11 | Costa Mesa, CA

11 Reviews for Winnie Phung Weddings & Events

Daniel · Married on 09/30/2016

Winnie was the planner for my first wedding as an officiant. I was very unfamiliar with how things were supposed to happen, but Winnie and her team saved the day! She showed me exactly what I needed to do, and one of her assistants even helped me tie my bow tie. They are truly professionals and I will recommend them to everyone I know.

Sent on 10/05/2016
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/30/2016

Go with Winnie if you want your wedding to go smoothly so that you can enjoy yourself and have fun. She is responsive, flexible, and totally on-task. Her crew is pleasant, personable and totally reliable!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Monique · Married on 09/04/2016

​This woman + team is absolutely amazing. I had the pleasure of DJing a wedding that she coordinated and was on point from the very first email sent a few months ago. Any time you have a question, she responds quickly and efficiently.

I was mostly impressed the day of the wedding. EVERY SINGLE TIME I looked at my watch and the printed timeline, we were literally RIGHT ON TIME. That has never happened in my DJ career, ever.

The wedding was beautiful and ran smoothly! Winnie + team is so awesome to work with!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Lazy · Married on 09/04/2016

Professional, super organized and fun!! Winnie, Kim and Michelle were top notch and wonderful on making our wedding day so special! They are an amazing team to work with! Feel free to go to their Yelp page to read my review. =)

Sent on 10/12/2016

Julianna · Married on 07/02/2016

My wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without Winnie. Her and her team were amazing. From the first meeting to past the wedding- Winnie was a professional God-send.
    She coordinating with all the vendors to make the wedding day smooth. She made sure that every detail was taken care of from start to finish.
    She wanted us to know that we shouldn't help prep or tear down anything for the wedding but I am a control freak and butted in anyways. Which was fine. She let me make changes last minute and made suggestions if my brain wasn't working properly.
    Of course there were hiccups that happened during the wedding and I have bridezilla moments, but she took care of them all (even though she should have slapped the sane back into me- I get why she didn't).
    I also want to give a shout out to Winnie's third hand- Kim! Kim should get the award for perfect timing. Whether I was thirsty, hungry, or needed help getting out of my dress. Kim was always there at the right time, to do or say the right thing.
    I am sooooo happy that I went with Winnie Phung for my day of coordination. (for the record- she did so much more than day of- thanks to my other needy vendors.

Michelle · Married on 06/04/2016

My wife and I got married a few weeks ago on June 4th. We originally didn't plan on hiring a wedding coordinator because we thought we could either do it ourselves or find someone to do it for free. However, our venue was requiring a day-of coordinator, and was strongly stressing someone that was not attending the wedding.

We managed to find Winnie and man that was one of the best decisions we made. Since we didn't originally have a coordinator budgeted, she really cared and worked with our budget. And it was really worth it because she was much more than a day-of coordinator. She was very professional, helped organize all our documents and vendors, and gave us a lot of good tips and assistance in creating an efficient and detailed timeline for the wedding that we were happy with. She was there when we had our final meeting with the venue, on the rehearsal (which she lead and told us all what to do), and of course on the wedding day. When we met with the venue she had a lot of questions prepared regarding things we didn't even think of. We had a lot of DIY projects and decorations that we had to drop off to her ahead of time and asked her to store and she did.

On the actual wedding day, she brought 2 of her assistants, Kim and Lanie (who were both great also). We were packed before the ceremony with our tea ceremony, taking pictures, and driving time so we really relied on Winnie to set up the whole ceremony and reception. We provided pretty detailed instructions on how we wanted things setup, but knew things never go according to plan, especially since we hadn't ever set it all up before. We trusted her, and she came through. The wedding was gorgeous, and she made a couple changes to the decorations that were even better than we had pictured.

Rachel · Married on 04/23/2016

The definition of Winnie Phung Weddings is Excellence!

We hired Winnie and her staff to help coordinate our wedding and we could not have asked for a better experience. We started working with Winnie several months prior to the actual wedding date, and throughout the entire process, she was extremely patient, professional and provided great advice and ideas. She was very responsive to emails and phone calls and we felt very comforted to have Winnie there every step of the way. During the wedding day itself, Winnie and her team were extremely fast, efficient and kept us on task and within our timeline. We had many EXTREMELY annoying and difficult vendors and she dealt with them very professionally, I cannot stress how amazing she was!!!!

Thanks to them, our wedding went even better than expected and everything came together without us having to worry about any of the details. Winnie is a master planner and allowed us to plan an unforgettable wedding, while still maintaining all of the creative ideas that we initially sought out. We would gladly recommend her and her team that is looking to have their dream wedding planned well and masterfully executed.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Dani · Married on 05/24/2015

My husband and I LOVE Winnie!! We got married in May 2015 and had a fairly intensive DIY wedding. We knew we'd need a coordinator to help us with our wedding, but we didn't know just how badly we needed one until we were actually in the thick of things. Thank goodness we had the foresight to hire Winnie after having heard great things about her from other brides/grooms.

Winnie's strong suits are her organization skills, attention to detail, and resourcefulness. She remembered just about every little fact/request/random thought/comment we told her--whether we told her in person, on the phone, via text, or email. It was insane (but so awesome when you're the bride/groom)! She entertained all of our ideas and answered any questions we asked. She prepared the most helpful (not to mention aesthetically pleasing) production schedule/contact list that had info from all of our vendors. When we had a minor snafu with one of our vendors, she fixed the problem before we even had a chance to flip out about it. She created a layout of our wedding venue so we could visualize what/who would go where. She verbally contacted all of our vendors to confirm any details or requests they needed before the wedding. She did a walk through with us and a rehearsal. And, when we gave her a TON of stuff (read: literally everything but the tables and chairs, food, and booze) to bring to our wedding, she didn't even blink an eye. No request was too big or too small, truly.

On our actual wedding, we didn't have to worry about anything. We arrived at our venue at the scheduled time, and it was set up as beautifully as we had hoped. Winnie and her team set everything up perfectly, coordinated all of the vendors, and made sure our guests were happy. The evening went so smoothly, and Winnie took care of everyone for us. At the end of the evening, her team packed up all of the leftover items (such as alcohol, decor, etc.) too. We love Winnie and her team!

Sent on 09/07/2016

lisa · Married on 01/25/2015

You don't need to think twice. Winnie and her team are wonderful, easy to work with, super experienced, and professional! You are in great hands if you go with them!

we met up with winnie who answered all of our questions and in turn asked us a bunch of questions that we never even thought of. so we knew then and there we were in great hands.

she introduced me to her assistant kim who i cannot stop praising because she truly was soooo supportive in my vision and desire of doing DIYs. we texted, we emailed, we met up, and to be honest without her my special day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was! all of my DIYs came to life and added that extra oomph that showed our (my husband/i) personalities.

some of the reasons why we loved winnie & her team:
    *honestly, i loved how organized winnie is and how her client dashboard is so easy to use. i was able to log on with ease and input the information that she needed to help her do her job. it helped me get an idea of what was needed in order for the day to run smoothly.
    *she went above and beyond as she provided tips and recommendations months before our wedding.
    *loved how all of her forms/questionnaires are mobile friendly.
    *she came with us to do the walk through and rehearsals.
    *she handled my wedding day perfectly! we had minor issues with catering but she took care of it. we had way more people show up at our wedding who did not rsvp and she/her team was able to find them a seat. she/her team helped me set up all of my DIYs and helped me put them away so all i had to worry about was to gather the boxes at the end of the night.
    *she helped me deal with my difficult vendors who did not reply to my calls or emails.

Dan · Married on 01/24/2015

5 star everything! Friendly, personal, professional, communicative, and very caring.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Michelle · Married on 04/28/2012

I had the pleasure with working with Winnie for my wedding. She was my wedding planner for an entire year before the big day, and I am so glad she was there for every moment I needed her! Which was a lot, since I was a very lost & indecisive bride! First off, Winnie is such a personable individual, it's very difficult NOT to get along with her. She has definitely become a friend for life to my husband & I. As a wedding planner she is very professional and passionate about her career in the wedding industry. I could tell she put a lot of time and effort into making my wedding perfect for me.

At the very beginning, when planning was slow, she helped me with vendor research, budgeting, and deciding on the overall theme & feel of the wedding. Being a young and trendy individual herself, Winnie guided me through wedding styles and recent wedding trends, always emailing me great ideas. Throughout the year, she kept me on top of deadlines, and reminded me to take care of important decisions. She did a great job on finding me deals to save money, since I had a tight budget. She called and emailed numerous vendors to ensure I would end up choosing the right ones that would provide the best value for my wedding. As the event got closer, I met with Winnie often. I talked through all of my ideas with her, so when the big day came, she made sure all the details were set up exactly the way I envisioned. Winnie kept in touch with all of my vendors, especially nearing the wedding day, keeping them well informed of the schedule and other important information. She worked closely with the catering manager at the reception venue regarding so many issues, such as the banquet order, ballroom layout, schedule, tables, foyer setup, and so much more.

The day of the wedding could not have gone any more smooth, thanks to Winnie & her team. It seemed like Winnie had everything under control. She always looked calm and confident, which made me feel that much more at ease.