Winnie Couture Flagship Bridal Salon Atlanta Reviews

83 | Atlanta, GA

83 Reviews for Winnie Couture Flagship Bridal Salon Atlanta

I absolutely loved my wedding dress from Winnie! The staff was really helpful and pleasant to work with. Once you find your dress, they take your measurements. They'll offer to fit to the best size or you can pay extra from custom sizing. We paid extra thinking it would save money in alterations later. Wrong. My weight or size didn't change much from the time I was measured but when I picked up my dress it was almost 1 or 2 sizes too big. So I ended up paying for alterations anyway. The lesson learned... don't pay extra for custom. otherwise I loved everything about Winnie!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Loan · Married on 08/24/2013

My wedding dress was magnificent. Everyone complimented on the dress... the details, the fit, the lace were awesome. It fit like a glove! I LOVE, LOVE , LOVE my dress. I was in GA for a graduation, came into Winne Couture looking for an A-line dress and to just try on some dresses. I never image that I would find "THE" dress and it was a mermaid style dress. The details on the dress was beyond words. The shipment came fast and packaged well. They included a beautiful dark dress cover that was great because it hid the dress from view. The dress was really pricey but well worth it because no other dresses came close.

Sent on 08/27/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/26/2013

3.5
      3.5

This was the first and only bridal salon I visited to try on wedding gowns. Alexa was my consultant and she was great. I brought pictures of the dresses I liked and she helped me try on all of them. She has a great bubbly personality and all the other consultants made me feel so beautiful in my dress I knew it was the one!!! Winnie Couture has quality designed gowns I was very comfortable on my wedding day and I didn't need special undergarments.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Gina · Married on 08/31/2012

4.2

Fabulous fabulous fabulous! Everything about Winnie Couture is wonderful. I was completely satisfied with the dresses, the store and their service. I couldn’t have made a better choice. Winnie Couture has everything a bride needs to get her looking amazing on her special day.

Sent on 04/17/2012

3.6
      3.0
      1.5

Overall, I am very happy with my dress. But my experience was definitely not without some bumps. When I got my custom dress back, I still had to pay over $400 in additional alterations not including the amount I paid them. So when buying your dress make sure to leave a BIG cushion for alternations. I purchased a ball gown dress and was told to do a french bustle. I didn't know anything about bustles at the time so I went with what they told me. When I took my dress later to TK Bridal to get alterations I was told by them that this was the wrong bustle for the dress. The bridal shop would not refund me the money I paid for the bustle from them and I paid to have it redone at TK Bridal. Ladies, if you have a ball gown dress, a french bustle does not lift hardly any fabric. You will need a traditional bustle.

Sent on 05/07/2015

2.2
      1.5
      2.5

They were not very respectful to the unhappiness of my dress. Basically they make you keep the dress and pay to fix it and do not care if the dress wasn't sewn properly. The staff was not very pleasant with concerns and got very defensive.

Sent on 03/29/2013

Kristin · Married on 10/08/2016

1.2
      0.5
      2.5

Buyer beware. The employees were friendly and seemingly helpful when I was there. I bought a dress and they took my measurements to customize it. When the dress came, it fit everywhere but in the bust - I was so big (Double DD+ when I am a B) that my bust was not even making contact with the dress and could see clear down the front of it. I called and they assured me that a seamstress could fix it by taking in the sides. I had it altered and while better it still looks pretty ridiculous. I called Winnie and it took they several days to call back (even though I am now weeks before my wedding) and did not seem to care AT ALL that I feel like a clown version of Pamela Anderson in my dress. Don't succumb to the day of discount. Leave and think it over and definitely make sure you have a plan with them if it doesn't fit - Or better yet go somewhere else that sincerely cares that you look and feel great on your wedding day! What a waste of $4000!

Sent on 09/29/2016

0.0
      2.0
      1.0

I am honestly quite surprised that Winnie Couture has so many good reviews. I really wish that I had known what my experience would have been like before I bought my dress from here, so I will share the short version of my bad experience. The main issue I had was that the sales associates have no knowledge about how the dresses are constructed and the ability to alter them. I wanted one of the lace dresses altered to be very slim fitting throughout my waist. On the day that I bought the dress, the sales assoc had the dress pinned tight the way that I would have liked it. My mom and I had concerns because the fabric was wrinkling, but the sales team PROMISED this would not be the case, the seamstress would fix it perfectly, I would be able to sit down, etc. We felt very pressured to buy because of the 15% off first visit sale, so we feel that we got tricked into buying an initially reasonable dress that became quite expensive with their overpriced and mandatory alterations at the factory such as the hem ($150) and bustle ($180).

KEEP IN MIND: They DO NOT have a seamstress on staff! They refer you to one that is up in Sandy Springs, who has no affiliation with Winnie Couture. So if something happens to your dress in alterations, you have no guarantee!

When it came time to have the dress altered, the seamstress told me that there was no way we could alter the dress to the slim fit I initially bought it for- the fabric wouldn't stretch that way, there would be wrinkles, and I wouldn't be able to sit. I ended up having to alter the dress to a much different fit then the dress that I thought I was buying, and Winnie Couture had no sympathy, and did not stand up for their product after it was bought.

In my opinion, they just want to make a sale and won't help you with your "dream dress" after they have your money.So, if you find a dress that you love AS IS, go for it. If you need to do a decent amount of alterations, this is NOT the place for you.

Sent on 07/17/2014