Winklaar Photography Aruba Reviews

58 | Oranjestad, AW

58 Reviews for Winklaar Photography Aruba

Mike · Married on 11/17/2013

Victor has been absolutely amazing! We decided to elope, so you can imagine how stressed we were to arrange for a photographer without ever meeting him in person. Luckily for us, Victor has proved to be great! He was extremely professional, answered all of our questions, and made us feel really at ease. We decided on a sunset wedding by the water, and the ceremony ran a little long so we began to lose the light. In order to make us at ease, Victor took all the pictures that he could and then volunteered to come back the next day (on his own dime) in order to finish taking all of the pictures and make sure that we are happy! You don't see service like this anymore! The pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous and we are very happy. Would recommend him again a heartbeat. Go with Winklaar Photography - you will not be disappointed

Sent on 01/14/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/28/2013

Victor was truly amazing, he was great to work with, very flexible and was able to catch all of the special moments of our wedding. The pictures turned out absolutely beautiful! He was very quick to respond to our needs and was able to create a beautiful slideshow for our recpetion within just a couple of days. We would highly recommend Victor for any type of special occasion photography.

Sarah & Nicholas Antony

Sent on 09/06/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda S. · Married on 05/24/2019

Destination wedding photographer

We hired Victor and his team for our wedding in Aruba and we were very pleased with the results. His team was very respectful and got all the shots we requested.

Sent on 10/03/2019

I hired Victor to take family photos on the beach. He was great at getting candid shots rather than posed which is exactly what I wanted! It was a fun session and the photos turned out great.

Sent on 12/31/2013

Michelle · Married on 11/07/2014

Victor Winklaar was great to work with from the moment I emailed him to ask questions through the day of my wedding. We also did "trash the dress session" and these pictures were super amazing. My hubby & I liked these much more than the conventional wedding day pictures. They are unique & very special. We are glad we selected Winklaar Photography.

Sent on 11/27/2014

Sandra · Married on 07/13/2013

Victor was the most responsive photographer we connected with while searching for wedding vendors. He was flexible and offered to create a custom package which included photography for our welcome party and our wedding day. It was a refreshing change in level of professionalism compared to many other vendors we contacted in Aruba!

If I could go through the process over again, the only thing I would change is that I would communicate more specifically about every shot that I wanted to have him orchestrate between the ceremony and reception, because I wasn't as comfortable telling friends and family to shuffle in and out of shots and would have liked Victor to take care of that. I know he gladly would have done if I had asked! I am just sharing this for other brides in case you'd rather not be the one "bossing" your wedding guests around during that frenzied cocktail hour of photography. Victor was very comfortable to allow me as the bride to call the shots as we went, if that's what I wanted.

Victor was very patient and calming to work with, and for most of the night, I didn't even notice he was around, which left my groom and I to enjoy our party and live in the moment. I definitely recommend working with Victor. So many friends and family commented on how beautifully our photos turned out!

Sent on 08/14/2013

Laura · Married on 05/11/2019

3.6

Wedding May 2019

We received some beautiful photos, but not all of them were edited. I do love some of the photos but some of them need to be retouched.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Lisa · Married on 08/10/2015

0.4
      0.5

Aruba Weddings For You gave me two choices of photographers for my wedding. I chose Victor Winklaar because I liked his photographs online. I arrived in Aruba on Sunday and my wedding was Tuesday. I thought I would meet him prior to my ceremony but that never happened. I paid for an hour of his services but after the ceremony he told us to go get a drink until the sun sets. I said no, I would like some photographs of different poses. He really didn't do much in fact I suggested sitting while my groom was kneeling. When the sun was setting, I was so excited because it was a gorgeous sunset! Unfortunately, when I viewed his photos on my computer and my eyes were closed in the shot I wanted to enlarge to hang on my wall. There were other photos with eyes closed as well. I thought he would take many shots and give us the best ones?? Also, there were no detail shots. No cake, rings, invitation,which I had with me, or ceremony decoration details. No candid shots of my guests. No shots of us holding hands walking on the beach. And the awful thing is that my guests took many photos and he was in them just standing there. I was truly disappointed and feel like my special day was not captured on film forever. I do not recommend him and advise you to choose another photographer. So very sad about it.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Winklaar Photography Aruba's reply:

I’m sorry you feel this way. I was booked through Aruba Weddings for 1hr 6pm-7pm & they never informed me that you wanted to meet. I would like to emphasize that we NEVER had direct contact. I arrived at 5:45pm & immediately started taking pictures of the groom while waiting for you. The ceremony was scheduled at 6pm, you arrived late and everything was falling behind. Your complaint about the detail shots, your ceremony was in a different location than your reception. Given the constricted time of 1hr, it was unfeasible for me to be in 2 places at once. Had I taken time to take these detail shots you’re referring to, I would have missed other beautiful sunset shots of you & the groom. Your comment about having a drink, my intention was for you to enjoy the moment with the groom & guests for a couple of minutes before we continued & to soak in the moment. I do this with all my brides, this was done with good intentions. Your guests taking pictures with me in it, I’m sorry but I was just doing my job. I was not worrying about whether I was in other people’s photos, as my main concern & priority was capturing your wedding day. FYI, sunset was at 7:02pm on your wedding day. The image that you’re complaining about where your eyes were closed was taken after my hour of service, meaning this image & others should not have even been taken OR included in your package had I not stayed on. I stayed longer than my contracted hour of service out of goodwill when I saw that the sunset was going to be beautiful. Your 1hr package entitled you to 60 images, but I provided you with more. I also provided you with a similar photo to the 1 you were complaining about. For going above & beyond & staying longer than my contracted time, I feel that your review is unfair & unjustified. Here is the link to your images so everyone could be the judge: http://winklaarphotography.pixieset.com/lisamiller/
    With this detailed response to your review, I consider this matter closed.