35 Reviews for Wine Cask

Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Limited Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
35 Wine Cask Reviews

If you only have under 100 guests for a wedding, this is the place to be! It is very intimate, cozy, great wine and best food! Top notch service and Miss Jennifer is one of the best coordinator in the restaurant business :)

Profile Picture Grace, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you are looking for a classic and beautiful venue with amazing food & wine, Wine Cask is your place. If doing as little planning as possible also interests you, then Wine Cask is the jackpot. My (now) husband and I live in San Francisco and had recently moved, started new jobs, etc so were looking for a planning process that was as simple as possible: as soon as we stepped into the stunning courtyard & the Gold Room and learned that Wine Cask could take care of all the place settings, decorations, etc and had a Sonos we could just plug our playlist into, we were sold. Jennifer was our primary contact and a dream: she was so responsive and so helpful, when I finally met her the day before our wedding it felt like meeting a friend. Sarah managed our actual event and between her, the staff and David - who was on point with the wine selection! - we just showed up and everything was clockwork. Our guests could not stop raving about their food and the ambiance and it was undoubtedly one of the most perfect experiences we've ever had. We're excited to come back and visit for anniversaries and the like!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We celebrated our son's wedding with a rehearsal dinner at the Wine Cask. We live in Los Angeles so all of the planning was done by email and every aspect of the event went perfectly. We reserved the wine library which is a private area of the restaurant and it was beautifully set up with floral arrangements and linens. The service, food and atmosphere were outstanding! Our event included a cocktail hour with appetizers and a sit down meal with champagne and wine. The wedding was at the Fess Parker so the location was convenient for our guests. If in the area do consider the Wine Cask for an event or even a special night out. The food offerings on the preset menu and regular menu are superb!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Set Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Wine Cask is the perfect choice for your reception. The restaurant is beyond beautiful and the food is to die for! I worked with Jennifer for most of the planning and she was fabulous! Extremely responsive and caring and helpful. They took care of everything, we just showed up and it was perfect. All of their staff was so nice and friendly. I was able to drop off some small décor items early and they decorated the room in the prettiest way - they even take care of the flower arrangements! My husband and I are looking forward to going back to this restaurant on all of our anniversaries!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 1/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Bartender(s), Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Jennifer & Vienna are simply amazing. Working with them put my mind at ease during the wedding planning. They made many accommodations for my style and went above and beyond with everything. A huge THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Out of everyone I worked with planning my wedding , The Wine Cask was the EASIEST. Jennifer was super friendly and on top of things , even with last minute changes. The decor and flower arrangements were beautiful . My guests went on and on how superb the food was,how great the service was and how BEAUTIFUL the venue was. I could not have asked anything more than what was provided to us. Thank you for making my day more amazing than it already was!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

We hosted our rehearsal luncheon at Winecask's lovely courtyard. We had a headcount of 54 guest including young children. The space was the perfect setting for an intimate lunch with close friends and family. The team at Winecask was professional and helpful, service was also amazing. The manager Jennifer was especially resourceful in helping us plan this luncheon from New York city. She gave us recommendations on budgeting, and was also flexible when we ask to edit a few things on our menu selections. Lastly, the quality of the food was def. delicious - our guests all gave really good compliments about the food and wine. We highly recommend Winecask for your event!!

Profile Picture Katy, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up

Our experience with Wine Cask as our wedding reception venue was nothing short of amazing! Jennifer and the entire team at Wine Cask were a pleasure to work with. Everyone we interacted with was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. Jennifer was always very prompt in answering any questions I had and was very helpful throughout the planning process. We are beyond thrilled with how everything turned out! The food, wine, and service was fantastic. All of the guests commented on how delicious the food was and what a beautiful venue Wine Cask is. It was such a special night and we're so happy that we chose Wine Cask!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

Wine Cask is top notch! We had our daughter's wedding reception in the Riviera Room. The Director organized everything! Jennifer always responded to my telephone calls & emails. When she was not going to be available, she would refer me to Vienna or Sarah. They were very helpful too. I was pleasantly surprised with the extent of their customer service. I had purchased mercury votives for the table, but I had to return them. Jennifer informed me that they would provide mercury votives, vases, florals and personal menus. We had photos & props that they staged so perfectly...without instruction! The food was absolutely the best, and the service was amazing. They really pay attention to detail. All I had to do was show up and enjoy! I had the most beautiful dinner with my family, because of the outstanding professionals at Wine Cask!

Profile Picture Cass, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wine Cask was absolute perfection from start to finish! The staff is polite, responsive, and willing to cater to every request. Things were organized and in order upon arrival, and went smoothly throughout the whole evening. Couldn't have been any better!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception here and it was perfect. We decided on a small intimate wedding that was just our immediate family, and the Riviera Room was just the right size and atmosphere for what we were looking for. The Wine Cask team was easy to work with, responding quickly to all our questions and concerns. I would certainly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an intimate feel for their wedding.

Profile Picture Victoria, 8/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

For our small and intimate wedding reception of about 20 people, we looked at a few venues in the Santa Barbara area. The Wine Cask came on recommendation from our florist (the absolutely stellar Alpha Floral) and we felt immediately comfortable with the venue, location, menu, and staff. After our initial visit and discussion with the restaurant manager, we were contacted by the wine manager (David) and the Director of Operations (Jennifer). Communication and planning was completely unambiguous, and we were made to feel very comfortable with what the Wine Cask could do for our evening in terms of menu and drinks customization, etc. Jennifer was very flexible about tailoring our menu to accommodate some picky eaters.

We provided a copy of our invite to Jennifer and she had the menu printed to match our colors and style. As an added bonus, Wine Cask provided understated floral arrangements and candles (free of charge) that fit perfectly with the décor and ambiance and saved us that additional expense.

We can happily say that execution did not disappoint. We booked the Riviera Room as well as a dedicated section of the adjacent front patio. The food and wine were delicious. Our server, Jamie, kept everyone happy from cocktails through to closing, making sure that everyone had drinks and food throughout the evening. He was poised, funny, relaxed but efficient – basically, he was perfect. We can’t thank him enough (and the rest of the staff) for making our evening so special.

Profile Picture Giselle, 8/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Set Up

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Wine Cask on a Saturday night in late July. Out of all of the venues at which I have hosted an event or had an event catered from, this was by far the easiest and most positive experience I have had. From the beginning after reserving the venue, there was virtually zero effort required on our part. Their standard event menu had 6 choices and seemed to satisfy everyone's palate. We were honestly worried up until the week of the event because we hadn't been asked for any input, but all of our worries were needless. The Gold Room and Courtyard's decor have so much character that we didn't need to add much besides white linens and flowers on the table. Overall, everyone in our party of 100 was so impressed with the venue (many of them remarked that they have to come back for dinner sometime). Thank you so much to the Wine Cask's crew!

Profile Picture Troy, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Leave it to the staff of the Wine Cask to provide a great event - they are the experts and incredibly professional. Any email I sent before the event was replied to thoughtfully and promptly. All we had to do was arrive and enjoy the Wine Tasting Room!

Profile Picture User7013323, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at Wine Cask, and everything was absolutely wonderful!! The venue was gorgeous, food was delicious, and the staff was so accommodating. I fully recommend Wine Cask for any event!!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Attractive venue, excellent service and good food.
Staff was very responsive to any needs.

Profile Picture User6951635, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We held our very small (fewer than 20 people) destination wedding dinner in the Wine Cask's Riviera Room in May 2016. From the outset, Wine Cask was very responsive and easy to deal with over email, responding to my many questions in a timely and helpful manner. They went above and beyond to make things easy for us- for example, the manager, Jennifer, printed name cards for us in addition to our customized menus. All costs were very clear up front, so the bill did not come as a surprise, and we thought everything was reasonable. The service on the actual night was excellent, from the cocktail hour through the dinner. The Riviera Room is a really nice, private space. There were a few little missteps- for example, they say you can play your own music, so we made a playlist, but staff couldn't get the music service to work- but everything else went so well that we were totally delighted overall. I highly recommend the Wine Cask for the type of wedding we had, especially if you are planning from afar.

Profile Picture Name, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jennifer and her entire staff at The Wine Cask couldn't have made this a more perfect & memorable Rehearsal Dinner evening, not only for the bride & groom, but for all of our guests. It is the perfect venue with the outside patio for drinks and appetizers and then inside for lovely sit down dinner. They did all the flowers on the tables as well as personalizing the menu with Marika's and Brian's names at the top. It was absolutely perfect in every way.

Profile Picture User6622343, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

We held our wedding reception in the Wine Library room after having a ceremony at the courthouse. We had 41 people there for a sit down dinner with appetizers and cocktails before the dinner.

Besides deciding to get married, having our reception at Wine Cask is the best decision we have made! The managers of the restaurant made everything so incredibly easy for us. As we got closer to our wedding date I kept deciding to add more decorations and flowers and the managers were totally fine with any changes I asked about and were able to incorporate the items I added in with their decorations to really create a magical looking room.

The food was incredible, the cocktails delicious and of course, the wine was out of this world. The servers at our event were so great and made sure that everyone was having a good time.

Several people have mentioned to us that our wedding was one of the best they've gone to (I mean, they are our parents, but still, it counts) and I think that is largely due to the service and ambience that Wine Cask provided.

My husband and I are looking forward to spending our anniversary dinners back at Wine Cask and hopefully there will be occasions for us to throw more events there in the future!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 5/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Indoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

This review is based on holding a small wedding reception in the Wine Library, 50 guests.

When my wife and I decided to have our wedding in Santa Barbara, Wine Cask was one of the first venues we contacted. From the start of the planning process to the event date, everything was incredibly smooth. Jennifer and her team went above and beyond every step of the way. Each time we brought up a concern or a question, Jennifer provided options and solutions right away. The best part...not once did she ever bring up any added costs, it was always, 'sure...we can do that!', or 'we haven't done that before...but let me figure it out and get back to you'. It was honestly like we hired a personal coordinator for our wedding.

We dropped off all our decorations and settings the night before the event, and they handled everything else. We didn't have to bring any extras, ie flowers, candles, vases, etc. If you're in the midst of planning a wedding, you'll know how much all these little things can add up! If they had it in their inventory, you were welcome to use it.

Once they had an idea of our vision, theme, and decorations, they just took over and staged everything to perfection. At the end of the night, all our guests were extremely complimentary of how everything went, including the food, ambience, and service.

Jennifer and her team even followed up after the event to ensure we were happy and everything was to expectation. We did have some minor billing issues, but I think some level of that is expected, especially in the midst of the chaos. However, once these items were raised, her team did their best to resolve it...and again, going above and beyond.

In the end, my wife and I feel pretty lucky that we found the Wine Cask to hold our reception, especially since we planned it in 3 months. If you're planning to hold a more intimate-styled reception in Santa Barbara, we highly recommend checking this place out.

Profile Picture Kenneth, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

We just recently held our wedding in Wine Cask and we were very pleased with how everything was handled. Jennifer and Vienna were responsive with our questions and accommodating with our requests. On the day of, Jennifer and Sarah were just amazing and decorated the room according to how we wanted it and more. The food served were quite tasty and the wine was excellent (we went with the recommendation of Branden, their Wine manager/specialist) and our guests were raving about it. We had a lunch menu and the portions were very reasonable. The servers too were dressed professionally and were very attentive. We are very happy to have held our reception in Wine Cask and will definitely go back to either dine with them or hold another occasion (soon... maybe our 1st anniversary).

Thank you again, Wine Cask! You have been the best!

George and Donna

Profile Picture George, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar, Plated, Wheelchair Access

If there are any couples scouting around for a wedding reception for their Santa Barbara courthouse wedding - we would definitely recommend Wine Cask, as they have been great with us!

Since the time that we contacted them on their availability, to the time that I'm organizing our reception needs, both Jennifer and Vienna were there to assist us. They were very flexible and responded quickly to any questions we have. I initially was thinking of having a florist decorate our reception, but Wine Cask provides simple flower arrangements and I ended up going with what they have it looked great! Jennifer was accomodating to check my color theme and the Wine tasting room tables looked perfect on our wedding day. I didn't have a coordinator, and so I just provided them some instructions on how I would like the room set up, and they did an AMAZING job! I can't say enough praises, and I would HIGHLY recommend them.

Thanks again Wine Cask! Also to Jennifer, Vienna, Sarah and all the staff! George and I hope to see you soon - maybe in our first wedding anniversary :)

Profile Picture Donna, 4/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Bartender(s), House Wine, Open Bar

Ideal venue for a small reception (ours was about 25) and perfectly convenient if your wedding is at the nearby courthouse. I was planning from outside the country and was able to do everything via email. Communication was prompt and detailed from every member of the staff, including their cake baker. Absolute pros. No need to worry much about decor, as the spaces are lovely and they provide beautiful custom menus and flowers, and of course will also put out any other items or decor that you ask. As our wedding took place in winter, they automatically switched us to an indoor room (the wine library) at the last minute when it became clear it would be a little too chilly to use the courtyard and it was actually even nicer than we had imagined, with a beautiful long table and some couches to lounge on. The atmosphere is elegant, but there is space to dance, too--you can bring your own music or they will play their background music for you, and we had easy access to the ipod/stereo setup. The wine and cocktails were great and we and our guests were really pleased with all the food selections and loved our cake. Could not have been easier to work with or gone more smoothly. Not sure how the final cost compares to other similar venues, and you can't bring in outside alcohol, but since this venue can cover basic coordination services and eliminate the need for things like extra flowers and possibly a DJ, dance floor, or simply venue rental, etc., and all those other little things that can hike up your wedding bill, it's a great value. And the wine is worth it, anyway! We were completely happy with our choice and have only good memories of the event. Only reason not to pick this venue? If having a panoramic view is a priority or maybe if your reception is very large.

Profile Picture User7157583, 12/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

I recently had my wedding reception at Wine Cask on their patio. I didn't add any decor - just some flower arrangements put together by my sisters the day of with flowers from the farmers market. The patio was sectioned such that a portion had ample space for standing room during cocktail hour and three long tables set for approximately 40 people for a sit down dinner. The venue looked beautiful with little effort on my part - hanging tea tree lights above the patio and candles on the table were provided by Wine Cask. Each attendee was able to order an appetizer, entree, and dessert from a set menu determined by the restaurant - the menu had a good variety of options and the food was amazing. We did not intend to have a first dance / other traditional reception events - but at the push of some friends, Wine Cask was extremely accommodating in playing requested music. In conclusion, the venue was beautiful, the food was great, the service was extremely professional. The price per plate was also fair given the high prices of Santa Barbara. We had an open bar and this definitely drove up the cost - Wine Cask does not allow you to bring in bottles of wine (my only dislike, which is not significant given their great selection of wine). I couldn't have been happier with the experience - it was exactly what I wanted and required very little planning on my part (which is nice because I live in San Diego, a good 5 hour drive from Santa Barbara).

Profile Picture User5564656, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Clean Up, Set Up, Plated, Bartender(s), House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access

We couldn't have been happier with our rehearsal dinner at the wine cask. The food was fantastic. The salmon was perfectly cooked - which never happens at events. And their pastry chef is phenomenal. The cakes were beautiful and delicious. We ordered two which was a great decision. Especially nice for us is that the venue takes care of everything - beautiful flowers, lighting, music etc. All of it is included in the price. Jennifer (the events manager) was absolutely stellar! Everything was perfect. She is very sweet and easy to work with. We had an amazing evening and would recommend this venue to everyone!

Profile Picture Valerie, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews