45 Reviews for Wine Cask

Signature Drink (2)
Limited Bar (1)
Liquor License (1)
45 Wine Cask Reviews

My husband and I had the opportunity to have our reception here at the Wine Cask! It was such a beautiful amazing time! We were able to play the music of our preference and dance the night away. The service was beyond amazing and the food was fantastic! I left decorations of my preference and they made it look SO AMAZING!! They took care of everything! Such an amazing memory to have forever!

Photos
Profile Picture Dominique, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most amazing time. They were accommodating in every way from the date, time, food, and wine as well as the layout for our event. We had my sons rehearsal dinner there, and it was everything we had hoped. The place has the most relaxed yet upscale vibe. The food and wine were delicious, and the staff was so friendly. I highly recommend this for any event, especially if you want to just open the box and push play on an amazing night. It was all no stress, all fun.

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/29/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I helped my friend plan her wedding reception at the Wine Cask and everything was perfect! The Wine Cask event planner Jennifer and the managers were professional and very helpful, went above and beyond. The answered any questions I had and gave their professional advice as well and made everything so easy. The venue was beautiful, and all of their staff was so nice and friendly. They all helped make the wedding reception absolutely perfect!

The reception had about 80 guests, and all of the food was exceptional and came out hot. Everything was delicious and the wine the BEST! Guests kept making comments on how perfect everything was.

A big THANK YOU to everyone at the Wine Cask!

Profile Picture Maria, 7/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything and everyone was perfect for our Rehearsal Cocktail Party in the Mediterranean Courtyard.

Profile Picture Maria, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was to our satisfaction. The place was professional and good value for the money.

Profile Picture Kadri, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

All great from beginning to end, and I have only one major complaint:

We had an open bar throughout the evening.
I came up for the first time, after dinner, to order a drink.
I was shocked and embarrassingly horrified to see that there was a tip jar.

I immediately asked the woman behind the bar to remove it and that I was shocked that there was one. She did remove it, but stuffed full of bills by that time in the evening. Thinking back, I wish it had come to mind to ask for the money in the jar, and I would have made a donation to a charitable cause; your bartenders should not have walked with it.

It did not occur to me to check the bar to look for a tip jar, otherwise I would have caught it much earlier.

SO VERY UNACCEPTABLE and honestly, I have mentioned the ridiculousness of the tip jar and my dismay to every guest and anyone who asks 'how the Wine Cask was' for my daughter's reception.

I paid for every drink served.
I paid for a full 20% service fee for the staff "tip" for every drink served.
If the staff thinks they deserve more than that 20%, they should not take it upon themselves to resolve it through my guests at a full-host bar.

I see the tip jar as taking advantage of me, as host who signed a contract to pay for every drink and to pay 20% for each of those drinks.

It is an embarrassment. It is insulting. Ultimately, it reflects poorly of me as a host.
Tacky. Unprofessional. Unacceptable.

The only dark shadow over an otherwise lovely event, with help, suggestions, and excellent professionalism.

Profile Picture Kathy, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.7

When I looked up "Rehearsal Dinner Santa Barbara," the Wine Cask is the first place I saw. I checked other venues for availability and menus. The Wine Cask managers were the most professional I talked with, and their menu was the most appealing. We had some guests with gluten free diets, and the restaurant had this handled exceptionally well! All of the first courses and entrees were gluten free! They really have this event down! We were very pleased with the planning process, as the managers were quick to respond to emails and phone calls, and especially that they upgraded our room without us asking! Everyone loved the private room and bar, the elegance, and the service, which was very, very good! The food was also very good, no complaints. The wine selections were a big hit! Was it the best food in the city? Probably not, but for our purposes the food was just fine. Steaks were cooked properly. The vegetarian selection was enjoyable. Was the service spot on? Not exactly, as the first course presentation was delayed, but after that they were prompt with each subsequent course. If you want to be pampered, and have nothing to think about, the Wine Cask is definitely a very good choice for a wedding rehearsal dinner!

Profile Picture Nancy, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We and our guests loved Wine Cask for our reception! The food is amazing and the gold room is beautiful. David did a great job helping us select great beer and wine while staying under budget. It was a little more expensive than we anticipated, but they made the planning very easy and were very quick to respond to my many emails! My one complaint is that I spent a lot of time putting together picture boards and framed pictures so that people could look at them and mingle around the room, but they basically piled all of them around the front door, which is an awkward place for people to gather and look at pictures. I had even decorated a box for our cards, and that wasn’t even put out, which was frustrating. Make sure to ask very specific questions while planning and ordering to get it exactly the way you want - they won’t really go out of their way to make sure every detail is ok with you on the menu and won’t offer to help you remember specific details like having a vase for your bouquet or food for the photographer. But they are very accommodating when you tell them what you want/need. We can’t wait to go back for anniversaries!

Profile Picture Grace, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding reception at the Wine Cask in March 2018. We did the Gold Room buyout on a Saturday night, which included cocktail hour in the courtyard. Due to rain, they ended up hosting the cocktail hour at one of the indoor bar areas, which was a great alternative. They even opened up the bar early so people didn't have to wait in the rain.

From my initial email to day of updates, everyone at Wine Cask was superb in their level of service and responsiveness! They made it so easy to coordinate everything and provided all of the necessary details. We had about 90 guests and all of the food was exceptional and came out hot! People are still raving about the food- everything was delicious! The flowers and inside decor were lovely and it was a simple setup to play our music through their speakers.

Wine Cask is a fantastic venue for a wedding event, party, or any type of occasion. My only recommendation is if people are giving speeches, you may want a microphone because the tables in the back had a hard time hearing.

Profile Picture Brenna, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you only have under 100 guests for a wedding, this is the place to be! It is very intimate, cozy, great wine and best food! Top notch service and Miss Jennifer is one of the best coordinator in the restaurant business :)

Profile Picture Grace, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We had our reception at the Wine Cask and had a fantastic experience. The initially emails were informative, professional, and extremely responsive. They listened to every request and set up a beautiful room that made our reception feel just like the private dinner we wanted. The staff was friendly, responsive, and very professional. And the food... was delicious and thrilled even our pickiest eaters.

Profile Picture Lori, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a classic and beautiful venue with amazing food & wine, Wine Cask is your place. If doing as little planning as possible also interests you, then Wine Cask is the jackpot. My (now) husband and I live in San Francisco and had recently moved, started new jobs, etc so were looking for a planning process that was as simple as possible: as soon as we stepped into the stunning courtyard & the Gold Room and learned that Wine Cask could take care of all the place settings, decorations, etc and had a Sonos we could just plug our playlist into, we were sold. Jennifer was our primary contact and a dream: she was so responsive and so helpful, when I finally met her the day before our wedding it felt like meeting a friend. Sarah managed our actual event and between her, the staff and David - who was on point with the wine selection! - we just showed up and everything was clockwork. Our guests could not stop raving about their food and the ambiance and it was undoubtedly one of the most perfect experiences we've ever had. We're excited to come back and visit for anniversaries and the like!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We celebrated our son's wedding with a rehearsal dinner at the Wine Cask. We live in Los Angeles so all of the planning was done by email and every aspect of the event went perfectly. We reserved the wine library which is a private area of the restaurant and it was beautifully set up with floral arrangements and linens. The service, food and atmosphere were outstanding! Our event included a cocktail hour with appetizers and a sit down meal with champagne and wine. The wedding was at the Fess Parker so the location was convenient for our guests. If in the area do consider the Wine Cask for an event or even a special night out. The food offerings on the preset menu and regular menu are superb!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Set Up, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Wine Cask is the perfect choice for your reception. The restaurant is beyond beautiful and the food is to die for! I worked with Jennifer for most of the planning and she was fabulous! Extremely responsive and caring and helpful. They took care of everything, we just showed up and it was perfect. All of their staff was so nice and friendly. I was able to drop off some small décor items early and they decorated the room in the prettiest way - they even take care of the flower arrangements! My husband and I are looking forward to going back to this restaurant on all of our anniversaries!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 1/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Bartender(s), Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

Jennifer & Vienna are simply amazing. Working with them put my mind at ease during the wedding planning. They made many accommodations for my style and went above and beyond with everything. A huge THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Out of everyone I worked with planning my wedding , The Wine Cask was the EASIEST. Jennifer was super friendly and on top of things , even with last minute changes. The decor and flower arrangements were beautiful . My guests went on and on how superb the food was,how great the service was and how BEAUTIFUL the venue was. I could not have asked anything more than what was provided to us. Thank you for making my day more amazing than it already was!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Covered Outdoor, Indoor

We hosted our rehearsal luncheon at Winecask's lovely courtyard. We had a headcount of 54 guest including young children. The space was the perfect setting for an intimate lunch with close friends and family. The team at Winecask was professional and helpful, service was also amazing. The manager Jennifer was especially resourceful in helping us plan this luncheon from New York city. She gave us recommendations on budgeting, and was also flexible when we ask to edit a few things on our menu selections. Lastly, the quality of the food was def. delicious - our guests all gave really good compliments about the food and wine. We highly recommend Winecask for your event!!

Profile Picture Katy, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up

Our experience with Wine Cask as our wedding reception venue was nothing short of amazing! Jennifer and the entire team at Wine Cask were a pleasure to work with. Everyone we interacted with was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. Jennifer was always very prompt in answering any questions I had and was very helpful throughout the planning process. We are beyond thrilled with how everything turned out! The food, wine, and service was fantastic. All of the guests commented on how delicious the food was and what a beautiful venue Wine Cask is. It was such a special night and we're so happy that we chose Wine Cask!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/8/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Plated, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up

Wine Cask is top notch! We had our daughter's wedding reception in the Riviera Room. The Director organized everything! Jennifer always responded to my telephone calls & emails. When she was not going to be available, she would refer me to Vienna or Sarah. They were very helpful too. I was pleasantly surprised with the extent of their customer service. I had purchased mercury votives for the table, but I had to return them. Jennifer informed me that they would provide mercury votives, vases, florals and personal menus. We had photos & props that they staged so perfectly...without instruction! The food was absolutely the best, and the service was amazing. They really pay attention to detail. All I had to do was show up and enjoy! I had the most beautiful dinner with my family, because of the outstanding professionals at Wine Cask!

Profile Picture Cass, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wine Cask was absolute perfection from start to finish! The staff is polite, responsive, and willing to cater to every request. Things were organized and in order upon arrival, and went smoothly throughout the whole evening. Couldn't have been any better!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception here and it was perfect. We decided on a small intimate wedding that was just our immediate family, and the Riviera Room was just the right size and atmosphere for what we were looking for. The Wine Cask team was easy to work with, responding quickly to all our questions and concerns. I would certainly recommend this venue for anyone looking for an intimate feel for their wedding.

Profile Picture Victoria, 8/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

For our small and intimate wedding reception of about 20 people, we looked at a few venues in the Santa Barbara area. The Wine Cask came on recommendation from our florist (the absolutely stellar Alpha Floral) and we felt immediately comfortable with the venue, location, menu, and staff. After our initial visit and discussion with the restaurant manager, we were contacted by the wine manager (David) and the Director of Operations (Jennifer). Communication and planning was completely unambiguous, and we were made to feel very comfortable with what the Wine Cask could do for our evening in terms of menu and drinks customization, etc. Jennifer was very flexible about tailoring our menu to accommodate some picky eaters.

We provided a copy of our invite to Jennifer and she had the menu printed to match our colors and style. As an added bonus, Wine Cask provided understated floral arrangements and candles (free of charge) that fit perfectly with the décor and ambiance and saved us that additional expense.

We can happily say that execution did not disappoint. We booked the Riviera Room as well as a dedicated section of the adjacent front patio. The food and wine were delicious. Our server, Jamie, kept everyone happy from cocktails through to closing, making sure that everyone had drinks and food throughout the evening. He was poised, funny, relaxed but efficient – basically, he was perfect. We can’t thank him enough (and the rest of the staff) for making our evening so special.

Profile Picture Giselle, 8/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Set Up

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Wine Cask on a Saturday night in late July. Out of all of the venues at which I have hosted an event or had an event catered from, this was by far the easiest and most positive experience I have had. From the beginning after reserving the venue, there was virtually zero effort required on our part. Their standard event menu had 6 choices and seemed to satisfy everyone's palate. We were honestly worried up until the week of the event because we hadn't been asked for any input, but all of our worries were needless. The Gold Room and Courtyard's decor have so much character that we didn't need to add much besides white linens and flowers on the table. Overall, everyone in our party of 100 was so impressed with the venue (many of them remarked that they have to come back for dinner sometime). Thank you so much to the Wine Cask's crew!

Profile Picture Troy, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Leave it to the staff of the Wine Cask to provide a great event - they are the experts and incredibly professional. Any email I sent before the event was replied to thoughtfully and promptly. All we had to do was arrive and enjoy the Wine Tasting Room!

Profile Picture User7013323, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at Wine Cask, and everything was absolutely wonderful!! The venue was gorgeous, food was delicious, and the staff was so accommodating. I fully recommend Wine Cask for any event!!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/16/16, 7 Reviews