13 Reviews for Windy City Wedding Dance

User Photos
Dance Lessons (10)
13 Windy City Wedding Dance Reviews

We worked with Jessica for two months before our wedding to craft the perfect first dance routine. We (and my husband in particular) are far from professional dancers but we wanted to do something that would surprise our friends and family without setting us up for failure. Jessica totally got us and gave us the perfect mix of waltz, turns, leans and dips to make us look like professionals and blow our guests away while keeping our stress levels low. We were greeted with so many big smiles and happy tears when we finished dancing at our wedding and it was such a special moment that we will cherish forever. It’s worth noting that my husband was dreading the dance lessons, he was a good sport but was pretty stressed going into it. If you ask him today, it is one of his favorite things from our wedding day and he will be the first to tell you it was far less painful (and more fun) than he imagined. We took six lessons with Jessica leading up to our wedding (and combined that with intermittent practicing at home) and found that to be the perfect amount for us to be confident and comfortable on our big day. As an added bonus, we have some extra special and fun photo and video capturing the twirls and dips that are definitely going to be framed in our home. Highly recommend dance lessons in general and specifically Windy City Wedding dance for anyone wanting to make their first dance a moment they’ll never forget!

Profile Picture Katie, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Jessica was fantastic. She worked with our schedule, spent extra time with us, and really helped us get the dance we wanted for the wedding. We would highly recommend her to couples with different experience levels -- Jessica made our dance lessons fun. We will be coming back for more lessons in the future!

Profile Picture Jamie, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Windy City Dance is located very conveniently right on Michigan Ave, near Grant Park. We worked with Wallach, for about 8 weeks, to prepare for our wedding dance. Wallach was extremely patient, personable, and knowledgable. He was communicative and flexible when necessary and we highly recommend him and the studio for any couple preparing for a wedding and any other occasion!

Profile Picture Mike, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We had an excellent experience with Windy City Wedding Dance and Vanessa (our instructor). She made the lessons fun and choreographed a dance that was great for our music & our styles! I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

We learned the basics of fox-trotting and set a routine for our whole first dance in 4 lessons! Our first dance went flawlessly and we got so many compliments on the dance. Many liked that it was entertaining to watch and our photographer loved that we had lifts and dips (for her photographs).

Recommend again in a heart beat!

Profile Picture Allison, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Jessica was absolutely wonderful to work with! We took dance lessons with her prior to our October 2016 wedding. My husband and I didn’t have any prior dance knowledge and Jessica made it fun for us to learn together. We learned Nightclub Two Step for our first dance and some basic Rumba for the father/daughter dance. Let me just say, taking the time to get dance lessons before the wedding was definitely worth it. We had people cheering and in tears by the end of our dance. We loved taking lessons so much that we are actually going to continue for fun. We highly recommend Jessica!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/4/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We worked with Jessica to create the most perfect first dance for our wedding. I’m clumsy and he’s not a big fan of dancing. If left to our own devices, we were doomed! I am so incredibly glad we found Windy City Wedding Dance. We had 6 lessons with Jessica, but she will work miracles in any amount of time you have. In addition to creating a perfect first dance, our lessons gave us confidence to get up there on the dance floor and truly enjoy the moment!

Profile Picture Hilary, 10/29/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Windy City Wedding Dance was the perfect choice for my husband and I before the wedding! We had three great lessons with Jessica Mays which gave us great steps for a first dance and a good level of confidence for the big day. Jessica and her whole team are great instructors. They make the dance lessons fun and are really engaging/friendly! I would highly recommend Windy City dance for any couples that are looking to learn a great first dance to wow their guests!

Profile Picture Christine, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Tommye has been such a phenomenal dance instructor. From the initial consultation to the last lesson, Tommye has helped us create the perfect wedding dance that we couldn't have achieved by ourselves. Every time we stepped into the dance room, Tommye greeted us with warm energy and enthusiasm. Every time we finish our lesson, we felt so much joy and fulfillment because of Tommye's patient and targeted instruction. Understanding each client's needs, Tommye tailored her methodology to suit our learning style so we could learn fast. Being a world ballroom champion, she does not hold any pride, but we could feel the awe she brought into the classroom. We are so happy that we worked with Tommye before our wedding, and we thank you for her professionalism and passion.

Profile Picture Miranda, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Taking dance lessons at Windy City Wedding Dance was one of our best decisions when wedding planning. Other things (DJ, photographer, venue, etc.) are a must, but we are SO happy we did this. We took lessons with the owner, Jessica, and she was great. We went to the intro lesson then signed up for 4 more - we didn't need to be pros, but we wanted to be somewhat coordinated. With just the four 45-minute lessons, we had a dance that was perfect for us (basic steps, spins, a dip ending, and the best - a LIFT). The lift was surprisingly not that difficult to learn, and it was the best part of the dance. It was really fun and our guests screamed with excitement when it happened.

The location was great - we live in the south loop, and the price was very reasonable... worth every penny for what we got out of it. My husband (who was somewhat hesitant to take lessons in the first place) told me his favorite part of our entire wedding day was the dance.

I was also thrilled that Jessica helped with our first dance song. I thought the song we wanted would be too fast for a first dance, but Jessica showed us how the steps were really not that fast. I was SO happy that we could use the song we wanted, and it worked out perfectly (we danced to Phillip Phillip's "Home"). The dance was fun and taking the lessons were fun too… I highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/9/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Dance Lessons

We signed up for 8 lessons with Jessica and we were blown away at how much we progressed through those lessons. We initilaly thought that maybe we could teach ourselves via youtube, but it only took a couple of frustrating hours before we decided that it would be extremely worth it to spend the money and learn from a professional. We always practiced the moves that she taught us at home so that we didn't have to waste any time going over old stuff in each lesson.

Jessica was everything you would want in a dance instructor - Enthusiastic, patient, creative, and always caters to her clients. She was also very flexible with times to meet and willing to work with our schedule. The best part, however, is that she helped us to create special memories that we will never forget. I honestly think that, objectively, my favorite part of our wedding was our dance. We got so many compliments from our guests! Not only that, but it felt great to learn something fun and new with my (now) husband and to be able to share it with all of our closest loved ones.

If it fits into your budget, I definitely recommend taking lessons at Windy City Wedding Dance for an experience that you'll never forget!

Profile Picture User4923819, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Jessica with Windy City Wedding Dance helped us absolutely crush our first dance! Jessica is truly a spectacular and committed instructor. We signed up for the 7 class package and definitely needed every single minute of all 7 of them! Haha! We picked a nontraditional, upbeat song by Charlie Puth and she was able to conceptualize and choreograph a fun, incredibly unique first dance for us! It incorporated the rumba, salsa, and a show-stopping 360 degree lift! Although we were almost just as nervous to perform the first dance as we were to commit to a lifetime together, my wife and I had so much fun learning the steps and performing it that it was one of our favorite parts of the entire wedding! Jessica is an awesome, patient, funny and very talented dance instructor. I’d 100% recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Justin, 4/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Working with Jessica at Windy City Wedding Dance was, without a doubt, one of our favorite parts of the insanity that is wedding planning. We started out taking dance lessons as a gift from my mother, who loves ballroom dancing and wanted to make sure we danced properly at our reception. Without any prior dance experience, we initially expected it to be something we had to "get through." However, after just a lesson or two, we fell in love with dancing! A truly talented dancer, Jessica is patient and friendly, and she knows how to push you to develop and improve your technique. As a side note, she's also understanding and flexible, which is key in the last few months of wedding planning, and super easy to get in touch with, even when she has back-to-back lessons all day.

In ten lessons, we learned and honed several moves for our waltz (to "Come Away With Me" by Norah Jones) and foxtrot (to "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra). My mom was very happy, and our guests were impressed. One of them actually told us that our waltz moved her to tears.

I had always been a terrible follower on the dance floor, and my husband claims to have had two left feet before we started lessons, but Jessica has skillfully brought out the dancers in us. We have had so much fun learning how to dance together that we will continue to work with Jessica to learn more dance styles. We are very excited!

Profile Picture Tanya, 10/3/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

My husband and I had eight lessons with Godiva before our wedding and our special dance went really well despite not having practiced much outside of our lessons. Godiva is an excellent instructor who choreographed two different types of dance for our song (waltz and a customized swing) which was really fun. We could feel the vibe change in the crowd when we shifted from the waltz ("aww!") to the swing ("yeah!"). We will go back for more lessons because my
husband is insisting on it. The only real issue is that this studio is a shared studio space and sometimes there is some unequal floor use and/or music play time as a result. The instruction from Godiva, however, was excellent. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture User3950193, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews