Windy City Hitman Reviews

Unit L
    Chicago, IL 60614

Sent on 12/08/2009

Lindsay · Married on 08/05/2007

They were WONDERFUL- so nice, so organized, so fun.

Sent on 01/09/2008

Meghann · Married on 06/25/2005

We throught That Widy City Hitman were fantastic. They did a great job.

Sent on 12/05/2009

Ralph · Married on 09/04/2004

Windy City Hitman are proof that a DJ CAN make a reception! They did an awesome job reading the group which ranged in age from early 20's to mid 50's. Eveyone had nothing but compliments for our choice!

Sent on 12/06/2009

Melissa · Married on 06/18/2004

Loved, loved, loved this DJ. Everyone at the wedding raved about this DJ and they must have been telling the truth since very few people left before the last song. I would recommend taking advantage of the survey and song list they supply to really give them a feel to what music you like. I supplied the DJ with a definitely play, maybe play, and do not play song lists and all the lists were followed to the T and any songs that the DJ picked out himself fit perfectly into our tastes. I highly recommend this DJ, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/14/2008

Debra · Married on 08/28/2010

The Windy City Hitman, specifically Gary, was by far the best DJ we have ever worked with. His professionalism was beyond our expectations. He made the task of creating a wedding reception music program less complicated. Even though my daughter's wedding was a month ago, we are still getting feedback from our guests stating that they had the best time at the reception. We truly feel this was mainly because The Windy City Hitman made a big hit with our guests and provided them with a variety of great dance music. Even our elder guests were on the dance floor much of the night. Great job Windy City Hitman! Thank you for making our daughter and son-in-law's special night spectacular.

Sent on 09/26/2010

Bridget · Married on 05/16/2009

Windy City Hitman was the easiest company to work with and produced absolutely no frustration or confusion for myself and my husband during our planning stages of our wedding, which was a beautiful thing during the craziness of it all!! Then when it came time for our wedding, Gary was our go to man, no matter what the issues was, he had a resolution or song to make it all right!! We are so thankful for the efforts and hard work that went into our reception from Gary. We would always come back for your services in the future!!

Sent on 12/02/2009

Kathy · Married on 04/17/2009

If you want the dance floor to never be empty at your wedding, these guys are for you. They were very flexible with our song choice. If we didn't have it, they downloaded it for us on the spot to make sure it was the right one and that they had it for our wedding day. Our DJ was really professional, but very down to earth and knew what music to play to get the crowd going at the right time. People are still telling us the music was great!

Sent on 12/05/2009

Christina · Married on 09/18/2016

This service was amazing, a little expensive but fair. Our DJ was awesome. He spoke with us every step of the way. He took request after checking with us if it were okay. And when the floor for scarce he made sure to get out there and keep the party going. They have DJ styles for every event. Our wedding reception was soooo much fun. They helped to create memories that will last a lifetime! I'd recommend them in a heart beat.

Sent on 06/17/2017

Cindy · Married on 07/24/2010

Bob was our dj. He was very professional. The only negative thing I have to say is that I had to ask him to turn up the volume. After that he kept people on the dance floor all night long!

Sent on 09/23/2010
  • W

Amy · Married on 12/19/2009

We met with Gary ahead of time and went over everything with him. He went over the pronunciation of the names and got most of them right the night of the event. He played what we asked and even did some special things for us that we requested and had to have sent to him. Everyone was dancing all night and it made for a great party.

Sent on 01/12/2010

A · Married on 09/14/2008

Thanks for the memories.

Sent on 02/15/2010

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2003

I loved that Windy City Hitman let us give them a list of songs to play. No other DJ was willing to let us give a long list to them.

Sent on 12/11/2009

Beata · Married on 09/26/2009

3.5

Great DJ. He knew how to read the crowd and keep the party going. So helpful in the planning and music selection. So detail oriented and professional.

Sent on 10/28/2009

Adrienne · Married on 04/21/2007

These guys were great! We had one DJ, the owner, at our 2007 wedding. We wanted a DJ that was kind of in the background vs. in the mix of the action. He did a fabulous job of playing to the audiences tastes and hitting the songs our "must play" list. He pronounced my new last name correctly (which is very difficult) but mispronounced my sister's (the MOH) name. They were very reasonably priced and extremely easy to work with. I definitely would recommend Gary.

Sent on 03/03/2009

Jessica · Married on 08/29/2010

Yes, you are supposed to have your wedding music list already made a couple of months or a month before the wedding bu t I was slacking on this. I sent in my forms just the weekend before the wedding and I made a couple of changes just three days before the wedding. I was super worried and nervous but the DJ reaasured me that everything was going to work out and it DID!!!! Everyone was on the dance floor having the best time of their lives. They delivered a package with a DVD of expectations of their service, music styles and different lighting options to set the mood of the room.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Mark · Married on 04/21/2007

They found all the songs we needed, very nice, he flubbed up one name, but not terribly and we have hard names.

We dealt with the owner, and we met with him multiple times before the event.

He was setup well in advance and stayed sharp til the very end.

Great vendor to deal with.

Sent on 02/20/2009

Caitlin · Married on 10/22/2005

This company is awesome!!! They helped me completely devise the music for my wedding and reception, and the owner himself was the DJ for my event. Very personable and incredibly easy to work with. We had a hard time trying to find the song that I wanted for my first dance, but they were able to pull through and find it, without any worries!! Incredibly great company!!!

Sent on 08/21/2007

Natalie · Married on 06/27/2009

Booking a DJ for your wedding is a terrifying experience. They can make or break a wedding! We used Windy City Hitman because they did my friend's reception and we thought they did a great job.

We were blown away by the presentation when we went to meet with them. We actually got to hear the way the speakers sound and see what the different light packages looked like. No other company gave us such a presentation.

In the weeks leading up to our reception, we talked with our DJ and I eventually emailed him a list of songs that I wanted played during dinner and some suggestions as what to play during dancing. EVERY song on my list was played during dinner and since we told the DJ to take requests, everyone ended up happy.

We talked to the DJ a couple days before the wedding... and that was it. No calls on the biggest day of my life over little details. Everything was already worked out and set up when we walked into our reception. Completely worry free.

I liked how you could indicate how involved you wanted the DJ to be in your reception. You could have a DJ leading the conga line or you could have one that just played music. We went for someone more low key and we got exactly what we asked for.

I would not hesitate to recommend Windy City Hitman for your event. They do an awesome job!

Sent on 12/02/2009

Alice · Married on 06/24/2006

Our DJ was SO great! He really was great at reading out crowd and changing the music if no one seemed to like it. He found songs that we really wanted played! The entire company is so nice and very willing to spend time explaining and giving suggestions.

Sent on 04/24/2008

Nick · Married on 08/31/2008

4.2
      3.0

Gary sat down with us and was very patient and helpful in explaining the different packages that he had to offer. He made us feel very comfortable and made song selection easy, even giving us a few suggestions. We would recommend this DJ service to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2008

Rowando · Married on 06/15/1985

4.2

Almost a year afer the wedding we are getting compliments about how great the music was at our reception. Everyone danced all eveing and no one went home early.

Sent on 06/23/2010
  • F

Faye · Married on 08/09/2014

3.0

DJ was very attentive, played music list I gave, and kept the flow going. Dance floor was never empty and energy was high. I had to remind him though to turn on the Dancing under the stars light that I added to the package. Music was great but there was a 2-3 sec lag between songs and I wished it was continuous, mixed like DJs do, and without breaking the dance momentum. I would recommend them to other Bride's but be sure they mix the music better

Sent on 08/14/2014