Windy City Cakery Reviews

33 | Santa Maria, CA

33 Reviews for Windy City Cakery

Amanda · Married on 08/02/2014

Windy City did a great job on our wedding cake. I emailed a photo of a cake that I liked and the team reproduced it beautifully! And it tasted good, too!

As a side note, Windy City won't ship your cake if you want it for your anniversary, they will however, give you a gift certificate for an anniversary cake- nice actually because it's fresh, but living 1200 miles away we were slightly bummed about that.

Sent on 08/07/2014

Jeremiah · Married on 10/19/2013

Such a wonderful cakery! I have only good things to say! The cake was BEAUTIFUL! and everything was absolutely delicious! Such sweet people! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Corie · Married on 09/29/2013

my experience with Windy City Cakery was fantastic.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Kristen · Married on 09/21/2013

Windy City Cakery did a wonderful job on my cupcakes and wedding cake. She truly is an artist and was able to visualize exactly what I wanted. Not only was everything beautiful, but SUPER delicious!!!! We ate cupcakes for days after the wedding and they were just as good!!! Can't wait to try out our cake on our 1 year anniversary!!!

Sent on 10/03/2013

A · Married on 08/24/2013

Mary (the owner) was so pleasant, experienced, and professional to work with. Just by talking to her you can tell how much experience she has making wedding cakes and offers great tips and advice when deciding on yours. I highly recommend her for your wedding cake needs. I also ordered two half cakes and she made them into bride and groom cakes free of charge. She also provides folks with military discounts which helped us out. Our cakes turned out EXACTLY how I pictured. They were beautiful and tasted delicious!

Sent on 09/06/2013

Ben · Married on 07/27/2013

Windy City Cakery is above and beyond the best choice for providing a cake or any sort of sweet treat at your wedding. The way they did their cake tasting sold us alone. We were able to choose from a selection of cakes and they paired it with ramekins containing all of their different fillings; we were able to sample so many different combinations with this ingenious method. Their cake, by the way, is to die for. I don’t even like cake but Windy City’s cakes are an exception. They are easy to work with and I would recommend them to anyone who wants the best cake at their wedding.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Angel · Married on 07/19/2013

We had our wedding cupcakes with a small cutting cake for our wedding done here and couldn't be happier! We did two different filling flavors and they were both delicious! I went in with some crazy ideas and they were willing to do whatever I wanted, if they didn't have the stuff they were willing to get it or if I brought it in they were willing to use it! Everyone loved the cupcakes... Even my husband who doesn't really like cake!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Samantha · Married on 07/06/2013

Wow! This company is amazing from start to finish!!! I was so happy with all of Mary's services! At the tasting she had us try several cakes and even let us take them home since the groom had to stay back in our home town to work. She had no problem delivering the Cake to Avila Beach and also driving it up on the light house single lane road. We mailed the cake stand and decorations and she made the cake look fabulous! Once the cake was on site she added a few detail flowers to make the cake look great! All our guests loved the cakes! :) We also put together a cookie bar using her cookies because they are so good too. We order 300 cookies for 100 guests and we didn't have any left over. Mary and her husband are truly great people.

Sent on 07/13/2013

The cake looked beautiful and was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 06/16/2013

Hailey · Married on 05/25/2013

She was so friendly and gave us EXACTLY what we wanted. This is the best place! I love Windy City! I like going in there to get coffee and say hi. :)

Sent on 05/27/2013

Beth · Married on 10/13/2012

Customer Service was fantastic, the product was exactly how we envisioned it and the the quality was the absolute best. Also, the price was less expensive than 2 other local bakeries that quoted our event and the quality of the other two doesn't even compare to what we recieved from Windy City... Perfection!!! Would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 10/21/2012
  • User2702032 · 2+ years ago

The BEST service started with the cake tasting. We tried three types of cakes paired with all their fillings and OH MY GOODNESS they were all delicious. On our wedding day, we recieved the most beautiful cake, our design was better than we anticipated. Our guests loved the cake. You won't be dissappointed with Windy City. Now my husband and I are looking forward to receiving a replica of the top of our cake on our 1 year anniversary.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Lisa · Married on 08/18/2012

Mary and Tony were awesome! They set up an amazing cake tasting with my husband and my mom and we got to try three types of cakes paired with all their fillings! YUM! The quality of the cakes is great (Mary bakes them all in-house and DOESN'T FREEZE it!) All our guests loved the cake - especially the red velvet with bavarian cream! You won't be dissappointed with Windy City. We are looking forward to receiving a replica of the top of our cake on our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Juanita · Married on 07/23/2012

I needed a cake for my wedding 2 weeks before the date after having issues with our original cake vendor. Even though their policy s usually no later than 20 days before an event, they still fit our cake into their busy schedule!!! The cake was gorgeous (they also provided the beautiful cake stand) and it was yummy! I am so thankful to Windy City Cakery, they truly saved the day!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Our cake looked exactly like the photo I provided and it was delicious

Sent on 08/21/2012

David · Married on 06/30/2012

WOW!!! Our Wedding cake turn out awesome... The cake tasted really good.. Each layer of the wedding cake was fresh... The cost of the cake was very reasonible for what we got...

I can't thank them enough.... Thanks, again...

Sent on 07/03/2012

The cupcakes and cakes were delicious.

Sent on 07/20/2012

Carol · Married on 11/11/2011

Our wedding cake was everything we expected plus some. We loved our cake!!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Lori · Married on 10/08/2011

I couldn't have been happier with the service we received from Windy City Cakery! Tony and Mary worked with us, making and re-making samples, until we came up with the final product. They put out a beautiful, personalized creation, even adding to the size of the cake to accomodate our guest list (no charge). They were always friendly, helpful, and responsive. The cake looked and tasted great!
    Thanks Mary and Tony!

Sent on 10/17/2011
  • Jazmine

Jazmine · Married on 10/02/2011

My husband and I decided to go with a cupcake tower, with a small 8" cake on top. It was beautiful!!!! The cupcakes and cake were delicious! Mary, the baker, was so sweet and she made my wedding cake dream a reality.

Choose Windy City!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Tara · Married on 08/13/2011

I went to every cake place in Santa Maria and Windy City was HANDS DOWN the best tasting, and most beautiful cakes I saw and tasted. ON TOP OF THIS the lady who i think owns it (I can't remember her name!) was SO FRIENDLY and did EXACTLY what I asked her to do with my wedding cake. She even fixed my cake for free and on her own accord after the flower people messed it up putting the flowers in. Don't waste your time on any other cake place in the area- Windy City was absolutly perfect.

Sent on 11/06/2011

stefanie · Married on 06/25/2011

My husband and i were truely blessed with finding a wonderful bakery "Windy City Cakes". The cake design turned out just how we imagined it and the flavors were even better than we could had hoped..The bakery was so helpful and understanding, they truely love there costumers. The cake tasted delicious! We truely thank you on our wedding day to bring one of the highlights alive as the cakes looked amazing... "The Delgado Wedding"

Sent on 07/22/2012

Brittany · Married on 06/18/2011

Windy City surpassed our expectations on every level from the price point to the personal service to the overall presentation and taste. Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful. The cupcake tower was scrumptious. Additionally, they made a groom's cake that exceeded even my best of expectations. They designed the cake around the 1985 Super Bowl in which my husband attended as a child with such great detail that even the Super Bowl flag was present. Further, they accommodated our wedding planners timeline/delivery in a way that defied all of our expectations.

Sent on 01/16/2012

The staff was amazing while planning our wedding cake choices...offering a convenient tasting to take away with us. This was key since my husband (now) was traveling for work and we were able to meet in the middle and enjoy our tasting together.

I also surprised my husband with a groomsman cake...he's a baseball player and all his World Series teammates were at the wedding...so Windy City prepared a "baseball" themed cake to surprise the winning team!

Windy City Cakery's quality and taste was memorable! Everyone wanted to know where we found such a quality cake (and at an amazing value!)

Thank you Windy City Cakery for making our day beautiful and tasty!

K&J

Sent on 07/04/2012

Paige · Married on 05/14/2011

Windy City Cakery is a great, locally run bakery! They worked with my budget and were very friendly to work with. Most of all, they treat their brides with so much respect and how like a bride should be treated! Their cake tasting was INCREDIBLE! They gave you whole cakes and all of the different frostings and fillings to taste in their bakery, but also to take home so family and friends can taste too! I have gone back several times since my wedding just to visit and buy other great freshly baked treats. The owners are a wonderful couple and I plan on staying in touch with them for a long time and recommending them to every bride and groom I meet.

Sent on 02/05/2012