Windcatcher Photography Reviews

53 | Brooklyn, NY

53 Reviews for Windcatcher Photography

We were blessed and lucky to have found Chao! He was super friendly, responsive and incredibly thorough. He came through on our big night and delivered! From the bridal suite to the wedding venue, the man just went to work and captured the magic that occurs on such a lovely night. It’s really when you see the photos, do you really see the behind-the-scenes and are able to relive through the amazing captures. I was flying everywhere throughout the night and he somehow was right on our tails capturing it all. That’s pretty insane. We just got back the photos a few days ago and we're in absolute love with them. It isn't overly edited (huge preference) and they’re just incredible. He captured our whole night in an artistic but natural quality/manner and it was perfection. From the family requested group photo shots to the intimate moments of the night, he caught it. The composition, lighting and his skill set is all there. Chao was super friendly and just a godsend to work with. We couldn’t be any happier with his work. This man has the eyes, the heart and the skillset and we’re honored to have hired him for our one-in-a-lifetime wedding photographer.

Sent on 03/26/2016

Nina · Married on 11/27/2015

Chao made the pictures of our wedding at the 27. of November this year and he did such a really great job on this day.
    He was very professional and "invisible" at the ceremony and shot some really beautiful pictures and was able to freeze the emotions of the ceremony with his wonderful work.
    We highly recommend Chao as a Wedding Photographer.

Sent on 01/01/2016

Erin · Married on 11/14/2015

You will not regret booking Chao for your wedding! He was great. We have only seen a few of our pictures so far but they are amazing! Chao is very friendly, helpful and really knows what he is doing. If you want beautiful wedding photos and a great experience overall... Book with Windcatcher Photography :]

Sent on 11/27/2015

Although I haven't gotten my prints from Chao yet, he was an absolute pleasure to work with at my wedding. He did a great job wrangling my bridal party for portraits, put up with my inability to take a serious picture, and everytime I looked around during the night to see if he was capturing a moment, there he was. He sent me a sneak preview and they're all awesome so far, and he's been extremely receptive throughout the whole process. I look forward to seeing the results soon!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Katherine · Married on 10/03/2015

Chao was excellent! He took all the beautiful pictures we requested and more. He was so easy to work with and so appreciative of sharing our wedding day with him. He was always in the background, not in the way of the ceremony or any other parts of the wedding. He even sent us a teaser of 10 pictures the day after the wedding which was not expected. Two months later he mailed us the flashdrive with all the photos do do what we please and the album looks great! We would highly recommend him for a photographer.

Sent on 04/02/2016

Liz · Married on 08/01/2015

We couldn't be happier with our decision to use Chao for our wedding! He was very professional, friendly and patient throughout our planning process and of course the big day. The photos he took are beautiful, and exactly what we hoped for. He was also very fast to respond to all my messages, and we received the previews and finished package very quickly as well. Chao's portrait style is very fun and relaxed which is exactly what we were looking for. I would highly recommend Chao, and we will be cherishing our photos and photo album for a lifetime!

Sent on 03/13/2016

J · Married on 07/12/2015

Chao is the BEST! My husband met up with him initially in the city about a year before our wedding. He came home and told me that he loved Chao's work and really liked Chao as a person--so we booked him for our July 2015 wedding! I didn't meet Chao until the day of our wedding; however, we had corresponded on numerous occasions through email. Chao promptly responds to emails and is always friendly and polite. When I met Chao on the day of our wedding, I knew right away that he was going to capture our day perfectly! Chao arrived early to scope our venue and he was present and helpful throughout the day...never pushy or in our faces. The day after our wedding, Chao already sent us five edited pictures!!! They were gorgeous! We can't wait to see all of the photos from our day! I also hope to remain in contact and friends with Chao after all is said and done because he is truly a kind, sweet, good person! :)

Sent on 08/22/2015

We booked Chao for our wedding on June 21st. He is absolutely fantastic and we are so glad we found him!!! We have a unique story, and had only 3 weeks to plan our Special Day. While under a very tight timeline before and the day of, you would never know we were crunched for time as the pictures came out unbelievably stunning! His prices are unbeatable for what you get, and he is one of the nicest people to work with. He always got back to me in a timely manner throughout the whole process. We already have plans to use him again in the future. :)

Chao, we cannot thank you enough for making this part of our day seamless and perfect!!

If you want pure talent, a personality that everyone can get along with (this goes a LONG way on your wedding day), with high-quality product, then HIRE CHAO!!!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Nina · Married on 06/19/2015

Chao is amazing!
    Seriously, I couldn't wish for a better photographer. Chao follows the idea of a perfect picture - I mean he makes sure that the dress looks equally beautiful on both sides, takes time to improve the posing and surroundings. Even though our photosession took a bit longer, he never mentioned extra minutes. During the photosession he was gentle and patient (you imagine how nervous the bride gets in that day! :-))
    Also Chao sends you a couple of samples on the second day after the wedding, so you can see how they come out. I even asked for an extra one, and he was kind to send it to me. The quality is perfect!
    I highly recommend working with Chao, this talent deserves attention, especially among all these overpriced photographers

Sent on 07/01/2015

Cynthia · Married on 04/18/2015

Chao was amazing!!! We found him online and he was incredibly responsive to our alternative wedding. We wanted candid pictures of the night and really didn't want the standard posed shots. He did amazing! I wish I could post the beautiful moments he got on camera. We are dying for the rest of his work. I would recommend this man to anyone.

Sent on 04/27/2015

I recently took our engagement pictures with Chao and the photos came out beautiful. His photos are just so bright and clear and they print beautifully. He is really personable, great to talk to, easy to work with, while remaining really professional. I am so excited to have him take our wedding photos. He was so kind enough to give us a great price for the entire package and he added on so many things without any extra costs. Wedding photography can get really expensive, and windcatcher photography was so affordable for the same quality as other photographers who charge a lot more. He's relatively new in the business, but no one should hesitate to hire him. I absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Candice · Married on 10/11/2014

Chao is a dream. He handled both our engagement and wedding photography, and everything he captured was absolutely beautiful - artistic and unique without being ridiculously staged or over-the-top. He also took time to scout out the surrounding areas, to ensure that the best possible locations were utilized. And he handles stressful situations wonderfully - the entire timeline of our wedding day was thrown off by the tardiness of other vendors, but he still managed to get so many beautiful pictures and capture so many magical moments in a condensed amount of time (and all without getting in the way of the wedding experience for us or our guests). He also adheres to deadlines that he sets for when photos will be given. Simply put, he's incredibly talented, wonderful to work with, incredibly nice and above all else, professional from start to finish. We cannot recommend his services enough - not just because you get such a great experience/result for such a great value, but also because he is a genuine talent and kind soul.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Windcatcher Photography is awesome!!! Very professional and an amazing talent.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Gloria · Married on 05/24/2014

We are beyond pleased with Chao's services! He went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. We wanted to make sure to have a photographer that would interact with our guests and could get nice shots of our friends and families. After checking out his website I was impressed with his work and knew he would do a great job with our wedding.

I spoke with Chao prior to our wedding day and emailed him a list of "must haves"-- different family portraits we wanted to make sure to have. Not only did Chao prioritize those portraits he also got tons of shots that really captured the day from start to finish.

Chao is very friendly and got along well with everyone. He is very professional and met all our deadlines regarding prints and retouching. He even hand delivered our wedding album, which is breath taking.

We are so thankful for Chao and highly recommend his services!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Christina · Married on 05/09/2014

I recently took engagement photos with Chao and I cannot express how happy I am with the pictures. The turn around time for the photos was extremely fast, since I wanted to use the photos for the save the dates. Everything that I wanted with the photos Chao found every way to accommodate them. I will be using him for the wedding, there is no question about that!!

Sent on 12/02/2014

Ashley · Married on 12/28/2013

My husband and I had quite a few special circumstances involving our wedding and Chao was very accommodating in every way. The end result of beautiful and unique photographs to document our day was phenomenal. I highly recommend this photographer and intend to hire again in the future.

Sent on 02/18/2014

I first found Chao on theknot.com after viewing his website and exchanging emails which eventually led to meeting it was clear he was the perfect fit for us. He's very flexible and makes sure to include you in every aspect of the picture taking process he captured some amazing moments. He was so swift and quick a lot of our guest forgot he was even there! The end product and quality of his work is amazing I'm definitely looking forward to working with him again!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Sylvia · Married on 08/08/2013

We came from the UK to get married in NYC in August 2013 and did not know how the day will quiet end up! We are so happy with our photographer we could not believe it, our photos are amazing and he is such a special person! He made our day perfect and we felt very comfortable with him :) we hope to come back for many more events to NYC and have him photograph us or/and family and friends in the future! We definitely recommend him 100%
    Sylvia and Lewis :)

Sent on 02/14/2014

Ava · Married on 08/04/2013

Working with Chao was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. My yelp review says it all.

Diana · Married on 07/21/2013

I was fortunate to find Chaomin Tang of Windcatcher Photography on this website. I could not have been more pleased. I interviewed him on the phone and later in person, reviewed his photos and spoke at length to a couple who had recently used him for their wedding. Chao is responsible, his return phone calls were timely, his business contract was clear and easy to read, he spent his own time scouting out the area where pictures were to be taken and his prices were very reasonable. He has a quiet sense of humor, knows how to blend into the background and get the best pictures without being obtrusive. And his eye for getting the right pictures is impeccable. He was a delight to work with the day of the wedding--a very calming and agreeable presence. Look at his photos on Facebook (www.facebook.com/windcatcherphotography) to get a feel for the beautiful work he does. It is evident that I highly recommend Chao without any reservations.

Sarah · Married on 07/06/2013

My fiance and I travelled from the UK to Manhattan to get married on 8th July 2013 in Central park and our photographer was one of the most important things on our list of things to get just right....I searched for about a month or so before I came across Windcatcher photography on here and then saw Chao's work on his website and knew I had found what I had been searching for.
    We both wanted a photographer who would be able to capture our day effortlessly without stopping us from enjoying it all....Chao was so easy going and took on board everything we wanted (including all the shot's I had in mind....and more!) He was so friendly and great to work with. In my experience of other weddings I have attended, alot of photographers come across as quite rude and patronising to other guests who want to take photograph's aswell....but Chao just worked his magic quietly in the background and when he did have a shot in mind, he made sure to approach us and give us warning so that we didn't miss out on any of our evening with our family/friends.
    Chao we can not recommend you enough, we got the photo's back super fast and the value for money was excellent. If you are in any doubt just check out his work on the website.

Sent on 02/14/2014

Joana · Married on 06/23/2013

We decided to work with Chao at Windcatcher Photography because he is not only a great, and artistic, photographer, but also a great guy. We love his personality, which is very "go with the flow"; and he was constantly telling us how much he loved what he did. He shoots every photo with such precision and takes such great care to get the best lighting, and to "tell a story", as he put it. He rode in the limo with us to the reception and we had such a great time. I would recommend Chao to anyone that wants more than the conventional (boring posed) wedding photos.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Karen · Married on 05/12/2013

We reviewed our wedding photos and we could not have asked for anything more, we reminisced, we laughed, we cried, and we awed as we relived each one of the moments that you captured!!! thank you sooo much for making our day absolute perfection with all of the amazing shots! I am so glad to have had the opportunity to work with you Chao!

Sent on 02/18/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2012

Chao was a pleasure to work with and got us some amazing shots that we will cherish always. Such a great find at an incredible price!

Audrey · Married on 10/06/2012

Chao is a great photographer. He was really great at listening to what we want and what style of our wedding was going to be. The photographs turned out amazing and he did a great job retouching them. I could not be happier with our choice in hiring Windcatcher Photography.

Sent on 02/01/2014