Wilson Creek Winery & Vineyards Reviews

74 | Temecula, CA

74 Reviews for Wilson Creek Winery & Vineyards

Shannon · Married on 03/24/2013

As soon and my husband and I checked out Wilson Creek and met Crystal MacNeil we knew this was where we wanted to hold our wedding, no need to keep looking at anymore wineries.
    Crystal was pregnant at the time but assured me all of the planning would fall in line. The only time I had to talk to anyone else was for payments. As soon as Crystal came back in December, the nitty gritty planning started happening. She arranged a delicious food tasting for us, we ended up choosing the brunch since we were doing a morning ceremony and reception. Our guests still rave about how delicious the food was. Crystal and I did a lot of communicating via email and phone since we're about an hour apart. She was always very prompt and incredibly accommodating. We were able to adjust guest counts multiple times and she made sure to adhere to our budget.
    Weekend of the wedding was so smooth! Our rehearsal was prompt and she let me store a bunch of stuff in her office for the next day. Morning of the big day, she arrived at 7 am so that I could get ready with my bridesmaids and she began working right away. She did so many extras and was very organized. She would check in with me and let me know time frames. The staff was incredible also. We shared out leftover cupcakes with them and thanked them all for their help. There were two or three weddings later that evening, but we never felt rushed by anyone. When we returned home from our honeymoon we had a thank you note from Crystal, it was so sweet. The day was everything I could have envisioned for my wedding day.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Erin · Married on 02/15/2013

We worked specifically with Crystal at Wilson Creek Winery to plan our wedding and she was amazing! From working with our crazy schedules (my husband and I live in different states so it was difficult to find times that worked for everyone), to moving our cocktail hour inside the day of since it was chilly outside, to figuring out a way to sneak the USC marching band into the reception without any of the guests seeing them before our grand entrance Crystal was always there to help. We had an absolute blast and so did our guests and I am sure that our venue was a HUGE part of that! I would recommend Wilson Creek to anyone looking for a place for your ceremony and reception. Everyone at Wilson Creek is incredibly helpful and they made our big day perfect!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Amanda · Married on 01/19/2013

We got married at Wilson Creek back in January and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Crystal was very easy to work with, and was always very prompt in answering questions and getting back to us via phone and email. In the Temecula area, many of the vendors work together a lot, and it was a very smooth operation from start to finish. Wilson Creek is a beautiful location, and they were very flexible with allowing us to make changes to the menu and the guest count, due to the off-peak season we got married in. The guests raved about the food, and they even let us go a little long, which I know won't always happen but I appreciated that my guests did not feel like they were being kicked out. We will always think of our wedding day with so much happiness and with Crystal in charge I literally did not worry about anything but enjoying the day and I really did. Thanks, Crystal and the whole Wilson Creek team!

Sent on 04/12/2013

Kameran · Married on 10/26/2012

Wilson Creek supported my every vision, and even helped to elaborate on them to provide an outstanding memorable wedding for all. I worked with Abby, and she was so helpful in every aspect of the wedding.
    The venue was gorgeous, our ceremony was atop a hill in the middle of the vieyard! The barrel room where we held our reception was perfect and the food, it was AWESOME!! Must do the cabernet menu!

Sent on 12/26/2012

Ana · Married on 06/17/2012

I always dreamt of getting married at Wilson Creek Winery. My wedding coordinator Crystal MacNeil absolutely made it happen. She is one of the nicest people i have ever met! She was so attentive throughout the whole wedding to make sure my husband and i were having a good time and had everything we needed. Her staff also went above and beyond and i couldn't be more thankful to all of them! She was always quick to respond to my emails and worked with me when we decided to move up the wedding date. Thank You Crystal and everyone at Wilson Creek!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Corie · Married on 10/30/2011

Beautiful venue and Crystal was a doll. Would do business with them again.

Sent on 03/21/2012
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/09/2011

Wilson Creek Winery was everything I ever wanted in a venue and more!
    First off, I have to say that I spent hours and hours researching the best place for our wedding, especially within our budget and we totally did!
    The wedding coordinator they provided us as apart of their services was Crystal Robinson and she was so amazing! I couldn't imagine planning the wedding without her! She was so helpful! She had tons of ideas, references and suggestions! The day of the wedding I didn't have a worry in the world. Crystal took care of everything. Thank you Crystal!
    I had a small budget for the flowers for our wedding and we didn't need much of one because the vineyards and the grounds were so beautiful! Our ceremony was perfect (:
    The cocktail hour was held in the barrel room! Every one of our guests LOVED the wine and the yummy appetizers they served! To this day they still rave about how much they enjoyed the wine and champagne.
    We then moved into the ballroom for our reception, which leaves me speechless.... I can't thank Crystal enough for transforming the room into everything I had dreamed it could be (:
    The decor was fabulous! The food was not typical wedding food, it was delicious!
    Crystal had an awesome idea for sparklers! At the end of the night all of the employees passed them out to all of our friends and family for our sparkler farwell, we loved it!
    After seeing all of our wedding photos, I couldn't have imagined a better place to have our wedding at, our day was perfect!
    Thank you to everyone at Wilson Creek Winery who made our day the most memorable day our lives, especially Crystal!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/01/2010

I was so happy with Wilson Creek Winery as my ceremony & reception vendor. They have a great wedding package that includes everything which made it so much easier to budget for.

My wedding planner, Jennifer, was amazing. She was right on top of things and when it rained on my wedding day she turned their foyer into an incredible location to hold the ceremony.

Their food is also so delicious, not the mention their wines and almond champagne! We actually know of the venue because of their almond champagne.

Overall I was so pleased with my experience at Wilson Creek Winery.

Sent on 12/09/2010
  • Cogley

Crystal · Married on 09/05/2010

Our venue was stunning! The food was amazing & the staff was great to work with.

Sent on 09/16/2010

Vanessa · Married on 07/09/2016

I can't say enough about Wilson creek winery! We had our wedding at this georgeous venue and we couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. Sean Faustina was our venue coordinator, she worked with me through the planning process and did not disappoint. Sean was so helpful, professional and responsive, making sure we always had what we needed. All our guests had nothing but great things to say about the staff and the beatiful grounds of the property. Mrs. Wilson spent some time with me before the ceremony began, she was such a pleasure. I can't thank the Wilson family enough for providing the best wedding experience for my husband and I.

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2012

Wilson Creek was an absolutely beautiful place to have my special day. The staff is great, the grounds are gorgeous, and the service provided exceeds expectations ..and who doesn't love a great wedding photo in the grape vines? :)

Sent on 02/19/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/11/2015

We could not be happier with our decision to choose Wilson Creek as our venue location. We looked at several venues, but in the end, Wilson Creek was by far the most professional, the most organized, and the most well maintained. The property is beautiful and the staff is absolutely amazing, which ultimately made for a perfect day. There were so many things to worry about and keep track of with the wedding planning, it was essential that we had a venue that helped to keep us organized and on schedule. Wilson Creek simplified the process and made it all come together perfectly. We have no regrets with our decision and would highly recommend Wilson Creek as a wedding venue. We also booked the entire Manor for the weekend as well, and though that got to be a bit expensive, it was well worth it to have so many of our close friends and family together in one place for the weekend.

Sent on 05/02/2015
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/10/2012

Everything was gorgeous and turned out just how I wanted it to. We had several meetings to make sure everything was set to go and I was in contact with the coordinator throughout the whole process.

Sent on 12/17/2012

They are great! they helped out so much. Never give up because you will find what you are looking for here.

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Marilyn

Marilyn · Married on 09/23/2016

3.5

This was one of the last wineries we were going to consider because we knew that it would be a little more in cost than we were willing to spend. However, after reviewing and comparing the ceremony and reception options with the other wineries....we felt that Wilson Creek was a much better value and offered more of what we were seeking. We even decided to rent the entire Wilson Creek Manor for us, our bridal party and close family members. We are not getting married until September 2016, but we are counting down the days and looking forward to our special day! Our onsite wedding coordinator Sarah has been very friendly and helpful. :)

Sent on 10/01/2015

Laura · Married on 09/21/2014

From the moment we saw the property we fell in love! We love wine, so joining their wine club was a no-brainer, it also got us 10% our wedding bill! We love being able to bring friends to complimentary tastings! The grounds are absolutely beautiful! We got married under the white gazebo, had cocktail hour inside the ballroom, and came back outside for dinner and dancing. Ashley and Jessica were our coordinators and were extremely helpful throughout the whole process. They were always very prompt and helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. Our day went off without a hitch, we couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. The weather (September), the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, the professionalism, the organization, the decor we were able to borrow - everything was wonderful! A huge thank you to Wilson Creek and their staff!

Sent on 10/14/2014

3.5

Lyndsey had been really kind and helpful. It was nice to have her as our coordinator.

Sent on 08/20/2014
  • randi

Randi · Married on 10/08/2010

4.2

the venue was beautiful! the food was awesome, and the best part was everything was set up and torn down for me so i had not stress on the day of. the only thing i want to mention is that im not sure if they get many "partier crowds" like us so they did run out of cold beer several times and the bartenders were making little remarks about it. the place is so beautiful, especially for an outdoor ceremony/reception that you hardly need any decor or flowers.

Sent on 11/03/2010

Randi · Married on 10/08/2010

3.5

Beautiful location, food was great, amazing wines. Our guest still tell me how beautiful my wedding was! :)

Sent on 12/04/2014

Amber · Married on 02/14/2015

3.4
      2.5

I have to say up till the day of the wedding the venue was pretty helpful and very personal. However I had a multiple problems with the day of wedding coordinator that they provided. The person that I first had was great. However apparently she left and I was not informed of the situation until three months before the wedding when I was trying to get in touch with her. The person then that was assigned to me continued to blow me off and then when I had an appointment with her and a tasting she was not present. I then at that point asked for the coordinator who was present since we would be going over many details and I did not want someone who was not responsible enough to contact me to let me know that she would not be present for an appointment we specifically set up to meet that she had already canceled the weekend before as well. The new coordinator I had I thought was great until the day of the wedding. I was told throughout the time that I was the first person who booked the day so I would get priority. However, all of the sudden the day of my bridal suite is changed. Which wasn't too bad however my husbands was changed to this office room where he could not get ready in due to big windows and lack of privacy. He had to use a public restroom that was near my room and constantly had to wait to get in and out of. My day of coordinator was nowhere in sight the whole day. She was also sent a long email three weeks prior to the event with detailed pictures and instructions on how the tables where to be set up. I figured it would be easier for her. However, apparently she did not understand and my mom was continuously called down to help her. She also pulled my mom away from my reception to show off the valentines gift she got from her boyfriend and my mom missed some of the events in my reception due to this! There were many times throughout the day I really needed the coordinator. However, despite those issues the venue was beautiful and the owners were very nice

Sent on 02/21/2015

Gina · Married on 10/16/2014

2.6
      2.0

We picked Wilson Creek for our wedding venue because of the beautiful wine country scenery. We wanted a "rustic chic" feel to our day and Wilson Creek had that special charm we were looking for! Our experience overall was very good and our main complaint (which has already been brought to the attention of the staff) was that our coordinator was less than accommodating. I felt as if we were just another event on her calendar and after we signed our contract, we were less important than the potential clients.
    The day of our wedding we did have a few incidents that had been discussed and clearly not implemented in our event order. The bar staff was incredible and took great care of us as well as the event staff that day. We were so happy to be married we chose not to let these incidents steal our joy- and they didn't!
    Overall, we would recommend this venue for the scenery, food, and location however we advise choosing your coordinator carefully.

Sent on 04/09/2015

2.0

My bridal room was not reserved, ended up getting ready in one of the offices.
    Gave the seating layout in advance but had extra chairs and plates at the table.
    Day of the coordinator didn't show up on time...

The venue is wonderful and wine is great, but not a perfect place for wedding.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Brittanie · Married on 01/31/2015

1.0

DO NOT GET MARRIED HERE (I did & never will return), spend a dime here or support Wilson Creek. My husband and I recently lost our identical twin sons 20 days before their delivery to dr error and we wanted to take our first trip, as it has only been 3 months. We chose to go on our actual wedding anniversary 1/31/17, marking 2 years of marriage at Wilson Creek. We had the privilege of getting a run in with Jennifer Wilson and Misty on the day of our 2 year anniversary, 3 months from losing our sons, our first get away to reminisce at the place we said our "I dos". Big Mistake but huge blessing as we learned that Wilson Creek is absolute trash allowing Jennifer to walk around like she owns the place, oh wait she really does. You would think she would have some common manners and courtesy towards her guests, not to mention ones who spent a lot of money there, made memories and were celebrating their anniversary. Here is what happened on our 2-year anniversary:

At 3:40 pm on 1/31/17 we arrived with our 2 small service pets and our lab in training to go walk the grounds and have some lunch. We walked to the grill and they told us they could not serve us because they close at 4 pm. People had just sat. I told her it was our anniversary and we saved our entire appetite to come down and the hostess didn't care. I was trying to make the most so I told my husband that we should just walk the grounds real quick and go somewhere else. We were talking about our wedding when Misty the golden came charging out of a door full speed at our dogs very aggressive with the devil herself Mrs. Jennifer Wilson in tow. Jennifer caused a HUGE scene while yelling at her dog and us at the same time. She screamed at us that dogs were not welcome and how could we not have read the sign as if we were idiots. I being very shocked from being charged apologized and said we did not see a sign and it was our anniversary and we had not checked into our hotel yet to drop the dogs.

Sent on 02/04/2017