Willow Wood Golf Club Reviews

16 | Portland, MI

16 Reviews for Willow Wood Golf Club

Pauline · Married on 09/01/2018

The venue is very nice and affordable . A huge thank you to LeeAnn who is a very professional and helpful woman.

Cristina · Married on 10/15/2016

Amazing! Willow Wood was beautiful, clean and affordable! LeeAnn and Kristen made it a night to remember! Very nice and helpful and they made everything so easy! It was the perfect place for our wedding day!

Alivia · Married on 10/03/2015

I would recommend Willow Wood to all brides in the area who are looking for a beautiful place to get married. We initially planned to get married outside with the beautiful backdrop of the pond at the 10th hole, but Michigan's unpredictable weather had other plans. Luckily, the banquet room worked wonderfully for our wedding as well as our reception. LeeAnn was AMAZING from the second we came to look at the venue to the end of our reception when she started cleaning up. She was super responsive, very helpful, upbeat, and VERY knowledgeable. Our day would not have gone half as smoothly without her. My husband and I had the perfect day and we could not have done it without LeeAnn. I am so grateful for everything LeeAnn did and will forever remember how beautiful our wedding and reception were.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Alicia- Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you and Julian. Your grace and patience, as we made last minute changes, was amazing! It was an honor to be a part of your special day and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review! All the best!

Holly · Married on 10/02/2015

Willow Wood is a great venue for a reception of about 200 people. The facility is clean and modern. The bar pricing is very fair. However, the absolute best part of booking with Willow Wood is LeeAnn Robbins, the reception coordinator. From the first time I spoke with her on the phone, not even knowing if we'd book with them, LeeAnn was offering helpful advice, regardless of our decison. She met with us as needed and quickly answered all our questions in a matter of minutes through email and almost as quickly on the phone. I was not worried about a thing for our reception, knowing all the logistics were in LeeAnn's hands. I'm a bit of a "control freak" and I was easily able to not worry about a thing. We would not change a thing about our perfect night. Thank you LeeAnn!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Holly- Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! You were a pleasure to work with and we couldn't be prouder to have been a part of your special day. Best wishes and continued happiness to you and Eric!

Willow Wood was the perfect place to have our wedding! The price was great and it was such a pleasure to work with LeeAnn! She made the whole experience stress free, which every bride loves!

Sent on 10/24/2015

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for such a positive review! We work very hard at Willow Wood to attend to every detail leaving our brides, grooms and families to enjoy a very special day.

I am the mother of the bride. I have had two daughters who have used this venue for their wedding receptions. The service is wonderful! LeeAnn thinks of everything and is very kind, organized, and helpful. The staff is pleasant, hardworking, and very helpful as well. It is a beautiful and well kept venue. I feel they are very reasonably priced. We have been very pleased and would defiantly consider using this venue again. I highly recommend using Willow Wood for your occasion!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! We work very hard to provide exceptional service to all our brides and their families. We were honored that you made the decision to return to Willow Wood! All the best to both your girls, their husbands and your families!

Laura · Married on 09/27/2014

LeeAnn, the Events Coordinator at Willow Wood is absolutely fantastic. She is very professional and will do whatever it takes to make your wedding day run smooth. LeeAnn also had lots of recommendations and advice to give as well - she was super helpful and knowledgable! We had an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception on the golf course. Both went great, absolutely no complaints. Willow Wood holds approximately 200 guests and is an absolute steal price wise. Great venue, great staff, we couldn't have asked for a better day!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Laura- Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and for such wonderful comments. It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of your and John's special day. I'm so thrilled that your weather was PERFECT! Everything anyone wanting a September wedding day would want. All the best!

We recently had our reception here and it was wonderful. They are very helpful and accommodating. LeeAnn is the wedding coordinator and she is on top of everything. She reminded us of things we did not think about. LeeAnn kept everything organized and on schedule for us. It was a very stress free night. I would highly recommend Willow Wood.

Heather · Married on 07/26/2014

From the first time we toured Willow Wood we were very impressed. Willow Wood offered everything we had been looking for: updated room for 200+ people, large dance floor, high ceilings, romantic lighting, HUGE patio to offer an outdoor environment for partying, and located on a beautiful golf course surrounded by woods. If that wasn't enough to say 'yes' to Willow Wood we became completely convinced after we met LeeAnn the banquet coordinator. We couldn't be more blessed to work with such an amazing women! LeeAnn was extremely helpful, accommodating, and answered all of our constant questions. LeeAnn met with us a couple different times and was always available via email or phone. She helped make the planning so much easier. LeeAnn went above and beyond our expectations such as: having her staff roll the silverware & tying purple ribbon around each one, pricing out & special ordering my favorite wine, and allowed us to get into the venue the day before. We spent majority of that day decorating and LeeAnn was there the WHOLE time making sure everything was perfect for us. She also was at the reception making sure everything ran smoothly, appetizers we ready to go, bar stocked and ready for the arrival of the guests. We were very happy with our decision to have our reception at Willow Wood - it was the perfect venue and all of guests were very happy and raved about the patio.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Heather- I couldn't have been more honored to be a part of your day. Thank you so much for your kind words. We work hard on the details and I, and the staff, appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. Thank you, Josh and your families again for choosing Willow Wood.

Christine · Married on 07/19/2014

We decided to rent Willow Wood Golf Club for our reception venue. It is close to home, low key, gorgeous property and extremely accommodating. We loved working with LeeAnn, she is a very sweet individual and strives to make the day special and drama free. My family has used this venue several times in the past and has never been dissatisfied, in our book; this is the best location in the area. Way to go Willow Wood for another extraordinary event.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Christine- Thank you so much for the kind words! We're thrilled you were happy with our venue and services. We wish you and Rob all the best and thank you for returning to Willow Wood!

Savannah · Married on 06/28/2014

From the moment I walked in to Willow Wood Golf Club, I knew it was the perfect location for my wedding and reception. The high ceilings, big windows, and romantic lighting was exactly what we were looking for. I was even more convinced when I met LeeAnn, the banquet coordinator. LeeAnn gave me a tour of the facility, answered all of my questions, and even offered up suggestions for things weren’t on my radar. She also coordinated with our DJ, photographer, and cake baker to ensure that all of their requests were fulfilled.

Our original plan was to get married right outside of the building on the first tee box, which would have been beautiful. We did get rained out for our ceremony but LeeAnn handled the situation with ease and arranged the dining room to accommodate our guests for the ceremony. She took control of the situation so that there was no confusion for our guests.

Our 200 guests raved about the service the bartenders provided and the extensive list of drink options. The rental cost and bar costs was more than reasonable and well worth the fun times and memories that we will cherish forever at Willow Wood.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Savannah- Thank you, Derek and your families, again, for choosing Willow Wood. You were an absolute joy to work with and your incredible poise and patience during those unfortunate minutes before your ceremony were nothing short of amazing. All the best to you two!

Laura · Married on 05/31/2014

My husband and I had researched many reception vendors prior to Willow Wood but just couldn't find the "right fit" for our wedding reception. When we came across Willow Wood, details just seemed to fall into place. I contacted LeeAnn and promptly received a response back. LeeAnn and Willow Wood were very flexible and accommodating with all of our wants and needs for our special day. LeeAnn was more than willing to work with us and answer my thousands of questions almost immediately via email. Willow Wood moved tables, chairs and furniture to accommodate the reception feel that we wanted. Willow wood has beautiful grounds and a lovely building that is perfect for a reception. They were flexible with the use of all the other vendors we wanted to use (e.g. cake, DJ, catering, photography, etc.) LeeAnn bent over backwards to make our day as special and smooth as possible. I was very impressed with how much time and energy she put into details prior to our big day but even more impressed with how much she effort she put forth to making the actual reception so smooth, she was there from beginning to end.
    We also used Taste of Heaven Catering and loved it! We were so happy with our decision. Reasonable prices and excellent food. We are still getting compliments on how delicious the food was at our reception.
    I would highly recommend Willow Wood to anyone looking for a beautiful setting and facilities, friendly and flexible staff as well as reasonable prices.

Betsy · Married on 11/03/2007

They were one of my fave vendors and made a stressful time, that much more relaxed! They were so easy to work with, and extremely helpful! They were by far the least expensive venue in the area, but above and beyond the nicest venue! All the things that the other banquet halls said "no" to, Willow Wood was more than happy to help us out! I can't say enough about them! Beautiful place, amazing people!

LindSAY · Married on 06/23/2007

Bent over backwards for us!

• Z

Zac · Married on 08/29/2015

My wife and I had planned an outdoor ceremony on the tenth hole at the golf course and were rained out. Leeann (the banquet coordinator) had a back up plan in minutes. We had the ceremony inside the reception hall which turned out awesome. The ceremony turned out to be more intimate and we didn't have to be concerned with the weather or mosquito. The helpful and attentive staff at Willow Wood made our special day a huge success.

Zac Fox

Sent on 10/27/2015

Willow Wood Golf Club's reply:

Zac- Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We very much appreciate your kind words. It is always disappointing when the weather does not cooperate but all the credit goes to you, Chelsea and your bridal party. You guys handled an unfortunately situation with patience and grace. We were honored to be a part of your special day!

Thomas · Married on 11/03/2007

Amazing people. Cater bailed 3 days before wedding and they let us use the kitchens with only 3 days notice!