77 Reviews for MKJ Farm Barn Weddings

Uncovered Outdoor (9)
Indoor (8)
Event Planning (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)

We recently got married at MKJ and I don’t even know where to start with how much we loved this experience!! The owner, Jack, is amazing!! He helped through the whole process. From the first meeting, to the planning, to the dealing with the stress and anxiety any bride has for her wedding! He makes everything so easy! He provides his house to have the bridal party get ready in overlooking the beautiful barn. He will shuttle guests up in the “limo” and makes everyone feel so comfortable. During the night he checked in with us to see if there was anything we needed or wanted. That night he will pack everything up for you and place it on the bar so when you come back in the morning it’s an easy clean up. Thank you so much Jack for the best wedding experience!!

Profile Picture Chelsea , 9/22/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have asked for anything more for my daughter's wedding. Jack makes the entire experience stress free, from the initial meeting, to the planning before, set-up of the venue, rehearsal and the day of the wedding. The bridal party gets ready right there in a beautiful house at the top of the hill. He steps in to do whatever whenever. He shuttles guests, lights candles, scoops ice cream if needed! Whether the wedding is outside with the pond as the backdrop or in the big beautiful barn, you will not be disappointed. I've included just one picture so you can see the view at this beautiful countryside setting. He makes sure that the gifts and cards are secure (unfortunately apparently there are people who take cards knowing that there's money in them) and he cleans everything up, packs/stacks neatly for your pickup the next day. Please consider MKJ Farm for your wedding: http://mkjfarm.com/pricing-faq.php

Photo for MKJ Farm Barn Weddings Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Rhonda , 8/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our wedding at this venue in late July. This is by far the best place in upstate New York to hold a wedding. The scenery is absolutely amazing for pictures, the grounds are very well kept, the barn is amazing inside and out, the ceremony location at the pond is great as well. This venue overall for appearance is A+. The owner Jack, I can't say anywhere near enough good things about him. He isn't a wedding planner, but you wouldn't know that. You'd think that's his full time job with how well everything runs up there. He's always around doing things in the background to make sure your event goes as smooth as it can, but you'll hardly see him if at all. I would very highly recommend this venue to anyone solely on Jack's abilities and his attitude. Absolutely wonderful.

Profile Picture Mark, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved this venue and the owner, jack. He plays such an important roll, he has a preferred list of vendors that he has had dealt with and had nothing but s good experience, he has options for you (fireworks, multiple ceremony spots, party bus, use of his house), he goes above and beyond. Not only did he pick up our alcohol order but he stocked the bar and had everything cold, he provided us with our liquor license as well as a bartender, he was available to answer any and all calls, knowledgeable of his venue and ideas and ways that’s worked in the past (decorating, set up..). I also loved that we had use of his house, everyone came to me. Make up, hair, family. It was so important that I wasn’t running around anymore than need be just due to the fact the day already flies to begin with. The people that help when it comes to weddings are just as nice. Everyone had a smile, everyone had a good time and everyone enjoyed the space. I would chose jack and his venue 10 times over again. He truly does it for couples happily ever after rather then to make a buck or two and it def shows! Thanks so much Jack!

Profile Picture Megan, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough about this venue or the owner, Jack! We booked our wedding about a year in advance, and Jack was there to answer any and every question during that time. Texts at 10:00 pm at night, early phone calls, Jack was happy to take them all. We visited the venue several times, and Jack was always there to hang with us and answer by 42346238 questions.

The venue itself is simply wonderful. MKJ is one of the biggest barns in the area that happily fit our guests. Other barns may charge you for every little extra thing (chairs, tables, etc.) Jack has it all included in venue price. He even lets you have the ceremony there included in the price, which most barns charge you $700-$1,000 more for. He said "why would I charge you to get married here if you're going to be there anyway?" Ha! That just sums up who Jack is. The way he organizes everything for you such as the bar, pickups and drop-offs is so incredibly helpful. He works with so many amazing vendors and had great recommendations for us as we were narrowing down who we wanted to choose. There is also an option to rent a shuttle from him at a low price which was very convenient for us. He has horses too which all my guests loved.

I never once had to worry about if things would run smoothly. The day of our wedding was about 94 degrees, and I'm writing this now saying I truly wouldn't change a thing! We had an absolute bast. Jack took care of everything, and he truly has become part of the family. I had tears in my eyes saying goodbye to Jack yesterday! I am so appreciative for all of his hard work. To him, you're not a number and it's obvious by the way he makes you feel. He is simply a great person who is amazing at what he does. The venue is breathtaking, and although some other venues may have nice views as well, no one compares to the hospitality and love Jack brings. Thank you will never be enough, Jack. You've become family to us. We love you!

Gina and Andrew
06.30.18

Profile Picture Gina, 7/1/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

My husband and I recently got married at MKJ, on May 19, 2018. We had searched high and low for a venue and were never satisfied until we found MKJ! The minute we stepped on the property and met Jack, we were in love! The barn is absolutely spectacular and Jack is the absolute best!! He will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy and pleased! He is so friendly and kind and selfless! He lent my bridal party and I his house on the property to get ready and it was perfect! We had plenty of room and everyone was able to get their hair and makeup done and get dressed all in one place. We didn’t have to travel or anything to get to the ceremony! On the day of our wedding it poured in the morning and I was devastated but Jack assured me that it would all be fine and he set up the ceremony space inside the barn and made it look amazing! I was actually grateful it rained because the space was so gorgeous and intimate. I could go on for days about how stunning the barn is! It’s unique, spacious, rustic, and authentic. Our guests are still raving about it. It was such an amazing day and having it at MKJ Farms really made it so much more special! If you’re looking for a barn type venue, stop looking because MKJ is the best place to have it!!

Profile Picture Kerry, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at this venue and it was absolutely perfect! Jack was great about everything and was very flexible and accommodating with every detail from vendor recommendations to last minute decisions. It ended up raining but Jack was great about making sure we were prepared for both options and gave plenty of time to decide. Overall the venue is incredible and we knew after our first visit this was the perfect place! We highly recommend and thank Jack and his staff for everything!

Profile Picture Corianne, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jack has a beautiful spot of heaven at MKJ. We got married by the pond and it was just gorgeous. In fact, I realized about an hour before the ceremony was to start that no one had decorated that area (We handled all of that with the help of friends and Family) and he immediately went out to handle it for us! He went out of his way to be helpful not o ly to us, but to our guests. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place or perfect person to work with!!! Go check out MKJ! You won't be sorry!!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Don't go anywhere else besides here. This venue is amazing! Let's start off with the good stuff. First and foremost it is absolutely breathtaking at the farm! The barn is huge! We had 240 people at our wedding and we had plenty of room to move around and a huge area for the dance floor. And speaking of huge, the barn has a 19 foot bar, kitchen which your catering company can use, and a separate room for a just in case situation if it rains you can have your ceremony in the separate room. But if you are as lucky as my wife and I were the best location for the ceremony is at the pond. Now the pond is on a hill but don't let that scare you off! The owner has a nice size golf cart that he uses to transport people from the parking area to the pond. Every one at the wedding loved it! The seating at the pond fits 75 people and there is plenty of standing room in the back of the seating area if you need more room. The view is breathtaking as you have beautiful hills in the background. But if I haven't convinced you to have it here yet let's talk about Jack, the owner. Once we met Jack we knew we had our venue! This man is absolutely fantastic! He will go way above and beyond to make sure your day is amazing! Before the wedding if you have any questions day or night he tells you do not hesitate to contact him. I would call with a question at 1 am - 4 am some times and he would call me back as soon as possible which would be just a few hours later. The day of he opens up his home for you to use. He makes you feel like you're part of the family, and during the reception he makes your family feel like family. Everyone loved it and loved him! Don't go anywhere else, because here, they've got it all, and more!

Profile Picture Brandon, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Wedding Planning

AMAZING! If I had one word to describe this venue, experience and the owner (Jack) it would be amazing! My husband and I wanted a romantic outdoor wedding and the barn was perfect! Jack couldn't have been any more accommodating, responsive and overall helpful. He made sure everything was taken care of and made wedding planning and the wedding day less stressful. Jack, not only handled everything as it pertained to the venue but actively coordinated with our other vendors to lighten our workload. He has extensive connections in the area that make finding all the right pieces that much easier (and more affordable). The way that he handled us, our wedding party, our friends and our family was with the utmost professionalism and on numerous occasions went above and beyond to ensure us and our guests had the experience we always dreamed of. He is a genuine human being who takes great pride in ensuring this special day is perfect and we can't thank him enough for achieving just that for us. His kindness and generosity started from the minute we met him and extended through the days and weeks following the completion of the wedding. There is no one better than Jack and we would HIGHLY recommend MKJ Barn!

Profile Picture Nerissa, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The owner of MKJ Farms is absolutely amazing! He opens up his property to you the entire day of your wedding. To his house, the ceremony site, the barn, his horses, everything. He is extremely helpful is making your special day go off without a hitch. He is by far the best to deal with. Thank you, Jack!!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Jack at MKJ Farms was the easiest part of our wedding. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly what we were expecting. We planned our wedding in Deansboro mainly from New Jersey. Jack made everything seamless and simple. When were in town he would let us swing by and discuss options. The day of was perfect, when little things came up (like a sprinkle of rain) he handled everything and gave us some options for our cocktail hour. In the end our day was even more than we could have imagined. The venue was perfect, if you're looking for a wedding location and reception all in one MKJ is the place to be!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The owner, Jack was AMAZING. He made sure I had everything I could have possibly dreamed of on my wedding day. He wasn't just a vendor, he became our friend throughout the process. His home is your home, and your day is his priority. We couldn't have asked for a better day, the weather wasn't cooperating with us but he reassured me the entire day and it ended up being beautiful, beyond any expectations! BOOK AT MKJ! The views, service, and comfort is beyond what we saw anywhere else!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Jack and the staff were able to play an important role in our wedding day! The guests all loved the barn and the drinks, and so did we! Also, Jack can get the liquor license and picks up all of the beverages for you and takes care of them the day of the wedding! The best part is that after the party was over, we didn't have to do any clean up, they took care of all of it so we could continue to start off our marriage as relaxed and happy as possible!

Profile Picture Shian, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

The stupid question is the question not asked

Profile Picture Saharah, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough great things about MKJ Farms and it's owner, Jack. We had our wedding there this past weekend and it was a truly amazing venue. Jack was always available to contact throughout the year of planning, allowing us to visit the venue whenever we were passing through. He helped a tremendous amount with everything from hiring babysitters for guests children to finding local vendors that fit our tastes to providing a comfortable location for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. The barn is huge, and absolutely beautiful; it's strung with lights throughout and there are horses galloping outside. While we got married in a seperate ceremony room in the barn (easily held 200), there is also a location by their pond if you're interested in getting married outdoors. If you're looking for flexibility (particularly with finding your own vendors), a absolutely beautiful location, and a fun venue where the party goes on late into the night, this is it.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

As the mother of the bride, Jack took care of every need of the bride and bridal party. He was outstanding to work with and I would recommend him for any event. He was very accommodating of all of the guests, and transported everyone from the ceremony to the reception. The onsite bridal suite made getting ready a very simple process. Jack let us have complete freedom when it came to decorating, including using what he had if we wanted. The icing on the cake was that Jack completes the cleanup process and we didn't have to worry about a thing afterwards! On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give Jack an 11!!

Profile Picture Terry, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

**From a groom's perspective... MJK Farms is a wonderful place to have a wedding. If you're the type of couple looking for a laid-back and informal type of celebratory affair, then the barn is the best place to do so. Jack (the owner) works hard to maintain a very relaxed atmosphere so that his facilitating behind-the-scenes makes everything easy for the bride and groom. My wife had a image in mind that she wanted for her wedding day, and I was just happy to know that Jack could help accommodate her in achieving this... the pictures around the barn and view overlooking the valley atop the hill by pond made everybody comment on how beautiful and fitting it was for such an occasion, and Jack even brought out his horses for the kids to pet and take photos with, which proved to be very a wonderful bonus. Barn is plenty large enough for dancing, conversation, and hanging at the bar, and when I needed to catch my breath and escape the crowd I simply walked out by the grass to play frisbee or admire the horses. At one point in the night we ran out of beer, and without asking Jack made a trip to the store for us. He is extremely helpful and very friendly and only wants to help make your day as perfect as possible and does everything in his power to make it go according to your plans. I highly recommend MJK Farms to any couples who may be looking for something a bit different. It is decorated very appropriately in a rustic but very elegant way, and Jack will insist on the wedding party taking his "redneck limo" for a spin, a fun lil vehicle that he motors all over the property to help transport the older guests to and from the ceremony to barn/reception area. Very considerate, very polite and pleasant. The night was as perfect as could be, and again, this is coming from a guy. So really, my bride was happy, so I was happy, because Jack made it possible. And very affordable as well when compared with other venues.

Profile Picture Jacques, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor

Choosing MKJ Farm was one of the best decisions of my life (behind marrying my husband of course!) Jack, the owner, goes above and beyond for all of his guests! He welcomes you into his home with no requests except to "please make yourself at home". Mind you this isn't just any home! It has an open floor plan with large glass windows everywhere so no matter where you are in the house you have spectacular views. Massive glass sliding windows open up to a wraparound deck overlooking the farm and the valley.As if that wasn't enough, he also has horses he brings out to a fenced in area between the barn and his house . So many guest commented on the horses! How beautiful and sweet they were! Many even posed with them for pics! They were a big hit with both and the children and the adults!
The pond area for the ceremony is to die for! Large willow trees and hanging paper lanterns make for the most magical setting. There's a dock for the wedding party and a birch arch for the couple to stand under which allows the guests to still take in those stunning views! After the ceremony Jack uses his "redneck limo" to escort older guests down the the barn.
The barn comes pre-lit with string lights and paper lanterns and Jack let's you add whatever your heart desires! Anything he has he lets you use! This includes decor that has been left over from previous weddings! Which saves you the hassle and expense!
Halfway through the reception we ran out of beer and Jack was quick to let us know and run out for us! He really makes this whole place worthwhile! His fun-loving, easy going personality keeps the bride and groom at ease. I really feel like we came in as strangers and left as family! Thank you so much Jack! You and this farm will always have a special place in our hearts!

Profile Picture Judith , 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

After visiting MKJ farm and meeting Jack we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. Jack was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. He was always available to answer questions and give suggestions to us. Throughout the day of our wedding, he was there to guide us and make sure our day ran smoothly. When the officiant wasn't available to do the rehearsal, he dis it for us. He was there to send us off 1 by 1 down the "aisle". When we ran out of liquor, he went and picked more up for us... When we couldn't find the keys to our car he offered to help get the doors open. He truly went above and beyond to ensure that our day was a complete success. All the guest were so please with how everything went, we were even asked multiple times if we knew Jack personally. We do not, but that's how much effort he puts into everything. He made me feel so special on our day. Besides getting a beautiful venue for a great price, you get an amazing person who genuinely cares about your day and make sure it is everything you hoped and dreamed it could be.

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

MKJ is the perfect place for your wedding, Jack is amazing and truly makes your wedding a dream come true. I cannot wait to have my next event there!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation

We were married at MKJ Farm on June 30, 2017 and couldn't have been happier! The weather did not cooperate and there were last minute changes that had to be made on our big day, but everything was taken care of and our wedding was beautiful. The owner, Jack is just awesome, so nice to work with, and does whatever he can to make sure you have a wonderful wedding experiance! We highly recommend MKJ Farm!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I were recently married at this amazing venue on June 10th of 2017. From the first time we saw the venue in October of 2015 until the day we got married, I knew it was the perfect rustic venue we were looking for. Jack is an exceptional guy to work with and he bent over backwards to ensure that everything was perfect for our special day. Everyone loved the barn and the beautiful property he has. It was a beautiful ceremony next to the pond and an unforgettable reception in the barn. The whole bridal party had the opportunity to get hair and makeup done right at the house on the property which made it that much more convienent and stress free. Every request we had was accomodated without a problem and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you again to Jack, his staff, and all others who contributed to making our wedding a dream come true!

Macey Rorick

Profile Picture Macey, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

MKJ farm was a great place the wedding ceremony and reception. The owner is great and will help you with anything you need.

Profile Picture Daisy, 6/4/17, 3 Reviews