68 Reviews for MKJ Farm Barn Weddings

Uncovered Outdoor (9)
Indoor (7)
Event Planning (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)

Jack has a beautiful spot of heaven at MKJ. We got married by the pond and it was just gorgeous. In fact, I realized about an hour before the ceremony was to start that no one had decorated that area (We handled all of that with the help of friends and Family) and he immediately went out to handle it for us! He went out of his way to be helpful not o ly to us, but to our guests. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place or perfect person to work with!!! Go check out MKJ! You won't be sorry!!

Profile Picture Mary, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Don't go anywhere else besides here. This venue is amazing! Let's start off with the good stuff. First and foremost it is absolutely breathtaking at the farm! The barn is huge! We had 240 people at our wedding and we had plenty of room to move around and a huge area for the dance floor. And speaking of huge, the barn has a 19 foot bar, kitchen which your catering company can use, and a separate room for a just in case situation if it rains you can have your ceremony in the separate room. But if you are as lucky as my wife and I were the best location for the ceremony is at the pond. Now the pond is on a hill but don't let that scare you off! The owner has a nice size golf cart that he uses to transport people from the parking area to the pond. Every one at the wedding loved it! The seating at the pond fits 75 people and there is plenty of standing room in the back of the seating area if you need more room. The view is breathtaking as you have beautiful hills in the background. But if I haven't convinced you to have it here yet let's talk about Jack, the owner. Once we met Jack we knew we had our venue! This man is absolutely fantastic! He will go way above and beyond to make sure your day is amazing! Before the wedding if you have any questions day or night he tells you do not hesitate to contact him. I would call with a question at 1 am - 4 am some times and he would call me back as soon as possible which would be just a few hours later. The day of he opens up his home for you to use. He makes you feel like you're part of the family, and during the reception he makes your family feel like family. Everyone loved it and loved him! Don't go anywhere else, because here, they've got it all, and more!

Profile Picture Brandon, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Transportation, Wedding Planning

AMAZING! If I had one word to describe this venue, experience and the owner (Jack) it would be amazing! My husband and I wanted a romantic outdoor wedding and the barn was perfect! Jack couldn't have been any more accommodating, responsive and overall helpful. He made sure everything was taken care of and made wedding planning and the wedding day less stressful. Jack, not only handled everything as it pertained to the venue but actively coordinated with our other vendors to lighten our workload. He has extensive connections in the area that make finding all the right pieces that much easier (and more affordable). The way that he handled us, our wedding party, our friends and our family was with the utmost professionalism and on numerous occasions went above and beyond to ensure us and our guests had the experience we always dreamed of. He is a genuine human being who takes great pride in ensuring this special day is perfect and we can't thank him enough for achieving just that for us. His kindness and generosity started from the minute we met him and extended through the days and weeks following the completion of the wedding. There is no one better than Jack and we would HIGHLY recommend MKJ Barn!

Profile Picture Nerissa, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The owner of MKJ Farms is absolutely amazing! He opens up his property to you the entire day of your wedding. To his house, the ceremony site, the barn, his horses, everything. He is extremely helpful is making your special day go off without a hitch. He is by far the best to deal with. Thank you, Jack!!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 9/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with Jack at MKJ Farms was the easiest part of our wedding. He went above and beyond to make sure everything was exactly what we were expecting. We planned our wedding in Deansboro mainly from New Jersey. Jack made everything seamless and simple. When were in town he would let us swing by and discuss options. The day of was perfect, when little things came up (like a sprinkle of rain) he handled everything and gave us some options for our cocktail hour. In the end our day was even more than we could have imagined. The venue was perfect, if you're looking for a wedding location and reception all in one MKJ is the place to be!

Profile Picture Kristen, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The owner, Jack was AMAZING. He made sure I had everything I could have possibly dreamed of on my wedding day. He wasn't just a vendor, he became our friend throughout the process. His home is your home, and your day is his priority. We couldn't have asked for a better day, the weather wasn't cooperating with us but he reassured me the entire day and it ended up being beautiful, beyond any expectations! BOOK AT MKJ! The views, service, and comfort is beyond what we saw anywhere else!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Jack and the staff were able to play an important role in our wedding day! The guests all loved the barn and the drinks, and so did we! Also, Jack can get the liquor license and picks up all of the beverages for you and takes care of them the day of the wedding! The best part is that after the party was over, we didn't have to do any clean up, they took care of all of it so we could continue to start off our marriage as relaxed and happy as possible!

Profile Picture Shian, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

The stupid question is the question not asked

Profile Picture Saharah, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough great things about MKJ Farms and it's owner, Jack. We had our wedding there this past weekend and it was a truly amazing venue. Jack was always available to contact throughout the year of planning, allowing us to visit the venue whenever we were passing through. He helped a tremendous amount with everything from hiring babysitters for guests children to finding local vendors that fit our tastes to providing a comfortable location for the bridal party to get ready the day of the wedding. The barn is huge, and absolutely beautiful; it's strung with lights throughout and there are horses galloping outside. While we got married in a seperate ceremony room in the barn (easily held 200), there is also a location by their pond if you're interested in getting married outdoors. If you're looking for flexibility (particularly with finding your own vendors), a absolutely beautiful location, and a fun venue where the party goes on late into the night, this is it.

Profile Picture Katie, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

As the mother of the bride, Jack took care of every need of the bride and bridal party. He was outstanding to work with and I would recommend him for any event. He was very accommodating of all of the guests, and transported everyone from the ceremony to the reception. The onsite bridal suite made getting ready a very simple process. Jack let us have complete freedom when it came to decorating, including using what he had if we wanted. The icing on the cake was that Jack completes the cleanup process and we didn't have to worry about a thing afterwards! On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give Jack an 11!!

Profile Picture Terry, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

**From a groom's perspective... MJK Farms is a wonderful place to have a wedding. If you're the type of couple looking for a laid-back and informal type of celebratory affair, then the barn is the best place to do so. Jack (the owner) works hard to maintain a very relaxed atmosphere so that his facilitating behind-the-scenes makes everything easy for the bride and groom. My wife had a image in mind that she wanted for her wedding day, and I was just happy to know that Jack could help accommodate her in achieving this... the pictures around the barn and view overlooking the valley atop the hill by pond made everybody comment on how beautiful and fitting it was for such an occasion, and Jack even brought out his horses for the kids to pet and take photos with, which proved to be very a wonderful bonus. Barn is plenty large enough for dancing, conversation, and hanging at the bar, and when I needed to catch my breath and escape the crowd I simply walked out by the grass to play frisbee or admire the horses. At one point in the night we ran out of beer, and without asking Jack made a trip to the store for us. He is extremely helpful and very friendly and only wants to help make your day as perfect as possible and does everything in his power to make it go according to your plans. I highly recommend MJK Farms to any couples who may be looking for something a bit different. It is decorated very appropriately in a rustic but very elegant way, and Jack will insist on the wedding party taking his "redneck limo" for a spin, a fun lil vehicle that he motors all over the property to help transport the older guests to and from the ceremony to barn/reception area. Very considerate, very polite and pleasant. The night was as perfect as could be, and again, this is coming from a guy. So really, my bride was happy, so I was happy, because Jack made it possible. And very affordable as well when compared with other venues.

Profile Picture Jacques, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor

Choosing MKJ Farm was one of the best decisions of my life (behind marrying my husband of course!) Jack, the owner, goes above and beyond for all of his guests! He welcomes you into his home with no requests except to "please make yourself at home". Mind you this isn't just any home! It has an open floor plan with large glass windows everywhere so no matter where you are in the house you have spectacular views. Massive glass sliding windows open up to a wraparound deck overlooking the farm and the valley.As if that wasn't enough, he also has horses he brings out to a fenced in area between the barn and his house . So many guest commented on the horses! How beautiful and sweet they were! Many even posed with them for pics! They were a big hit with both and the children and the adults!
The pond area for the ceremony is to die for! Large willow trees and hanging paper lanterns make for the most magical setting. There's a dock for the wedding party and a birch arch for the couple to stand under which allows the guests to still take in those stunning views! After the ceremony Jack uses his "redneck limo" to escort older guests down the the barn.
The barn comes pre-lit with string lights and paper lanterns and Jack let's you add whatever your heart desires! Anything he has he lets you use! This includes decor that has been left over from previous weddings! Which saves you the hassle and expense!
Halfway through the reception we ran out of beer and Jack was quick to let us know and run out for us! He really makes this whole place worthwhile! His fun-loving, easy going personality keeps the bride and groom at ease. I really feel like we came in as strangers and left as family! Thank you so much Jack! You and this farm will always have a special place in our hearts!

Profile Picture Judith , 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

After visiting MKJ farm and meeting Jack we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. Jack was extremely helpful throughout the planning process. He was always available to answer questions and give suggestions to us. Throughout the day of our wedding, he was there to guide us and make sure our day ran smoothly. When the officiant wasn't available to do the rehearsal, he dis it for us. He was there to send us off 1 by 1 down the "aisle". When we ran out of liquor, he went and picked more up for us... When we couldn't find the keys to our car he offered to help get the doors open. He truly went above and beyond to ensure that our day was a complete success. All the guest were so please with how everything went, we were even asked multiple times if we knew Jack personally. We do not, but that's how much effort he puts into everything. He made me feel so special on our day. Besides getting a beautiful venue for a great price, you get an amazing person who genuinely cares about your day and make sure it is everything you hoped and dreamed it could be.

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

MKJ is the perfect place for your wedding, Jack is amazing and truly makes your wedding a dream come true. I cannot wait to have my next event there!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation

We were married at MKJ Farm on June 30, 2017 and couldn't have been happier! The weather did not cooperate and there were last minute changes that had to be made on our big day, but everything was taken care of and our wedding was beautiful. The owner, Jack is just awesome, so nice to work with, and does whatever he can to make sure you have a wonderful wedding experiance! We highly recommend MKJ Farm!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I were recently married at this amazing venue on June 10th of 2017. From the first time we saw the venue in October of 2015 until the day we got married, I knew it was the perfect rustic venue we were looking for. Jack is an exceptional guy to work with and he bent over backwards to ensure that everything was perfect for our special day. Everyone loved the barn and the beautiful property he has. It was a beautiful ceremony next to the pond and an unforgettable reception in the barn. The whole bridal party had the opportunity to get hair and makeup done right at the house on the property which made it that much more convienent and stress free. Every request we had was accomodated without a problem and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you again to Jack, his staff, and all others who contributed to making our wedding a dream come true!

Macey Rorick

Profile Picture Macey, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

MKJ farm was a great place the wedding ceremony and reception. The owner is great and will help you with anything you need.

Profile Picture Daisy, 6/4/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is where you want to have your wedding. I kind of want to get married again just so we can work with Jack and his excellent team for a second time. To say that Jack goes above and beyond to make sure you have the perfect day is an understatement. These people are true professionals, and they're also extremely nice and tons of fun. For all brides and grooms to be- get married here, listen to their advice, take their suggestions, and appreciate how flexible and accommodating they are. There is no problem they can't solve and their generosity and really goes beyond anything you'd anticipate from a wedding venue. These guys are your friends by the end of the evening, and you'll want to send them a Christmas card every year.

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

October 22, 2016-My daughters wedding 4:30 pm. Weather was a nightmare (RAIN), BUT you would never know it, the wedding was inside and was absolutely beautiful!! The guests had a great time dancing and just got lost in the fun! From the moment my daughter and son in law visited Jack, the owner of MKJ Farms, they knew immediately where they wanted to have their wedding! Jack was helpful provided the tables and chairs, the lights and was very easy to work with. Anytime I needed to call him with a question, he answered right away! Jack provided his home for the wedding party to get ready, which was such a key component when making the decision to get married at MKJ Farms, as most everybody attending the wedding, including the bride and groom, lived an hour away! Another plus is that Jack has a big van to drive guests to and from the wedding. It put our minds at peace knowing that there would be NO drinking and driving!! The couple plans a 1 year anniversary picture back at MKJ in hopes of a beautiful fall day! Thank-you, Jack, Frank and Lori Ann and Lori Ann's daughter.

Profile Picture Patricia, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Recently Married 10/15/16 at MKJ Farms. I cannot say enough GREAT things about Jack and his staff. He is so inviting and went over every detail. He gives you the house for the day to get ready in. We purchased the bus which was great for out of town guests. Jack ironed out all the details with the Beer and Liquor. I recommend MKJ, Jack and his staff very highly! He really made this such an easy process and a day to remember his property is just majestic!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation

We were married 10/1/2016. We only had our reception at the venue. From the moment I saw it I knew it was where I wanted to have our reception. Many of the barns in the area cannot accommodate a large wedding. We had approx 250 guests and one of my main concerns was to not be crowded. This barn allowed ample space for all my guests. Jack, the owner, will help you from start to finish. He is knowledgeable and never makes you feel like you are bothering him. He wants your day to be awesome and does everything he can to ensure that. We were married at a church in my hometown and then went directly to the barn to take advantage of the amazing backdrops for photos. Jack will take you anywhere on the property you want to go. He opens his home to you whether you just have to pee or need to make a stiff drink and relax on the deck. He will set the barn up however you want and takes care of clean up. If you are looking for a rustic, country, spacious place to seal the deal I would absolutely recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

I cannot say enough good things about this venue! Jack is seriously the most outgoing and sweetest people I have ever met. He will go out of his way to make sure everything is perfect. The property has so many different areas for photos and is very well maintained. The barn itself is simply beautiful! So many compliments from guests. Our wedding was everything we hoped for and more.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation

For the short amount of time we had to plan, finding MKJ on wedding wire was a blessing. The response time from the owner was fast. After many venues either never called back. My husband and I wanted an outdoor wedding, when we saw the pond it was EXACTLY what we were looking for. The scenery is just impeccable, breathtaking, and highlights why upstate NY is a gem. Jack the owner is friendly, and genuinely cares how your special day pans out. He gave us advise that certainly helped in our planning process. Overall this place is worth the time and the money!

Profile Picture Ana, 9/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our wedding here, literally yesterday! My new husband and I couldn't wait to get home and write all amazing things about MKJ Farm! The owner Jack is amazing and knows exactly what to do to make the day go off without any issues what so ever!! Jack is more than just the venue owner he is the full package providing clean up, bus service, bar, etc he was better than a wedding planner! And the scenery!!! Don't get me started! I can't say enough good things about the whole day! Jack and this amazing venue/experience made our wedding more than we could ever imagine!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other)