William Arthur Fine Stationery Reviews

View more information

4.3

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • User1937428 2+ years ago
    Purchased from Charlotte's Inc., in Raleigh, NC.

Amazing product, couldn't be more pleased!
  • User1361655 2+ years ago
    My invitations were PERFECT! I had to change the color and style of the font after the order had already been submitted and they changed the order with no question! So great!
  • User1318018 2+ years ago
    Excellent customer service! Beautiful, one of a kind design!
    Dana Married on 08/17/2013
    William Arthur's customer service is outstanding! Their flexibility, generosity, and guidance throughout the invitation process was uncanny. Employees were always well-versed in my order and knowledgeable about their inventory and products. I know firsthand why William Arthur is so highly respected.

After a complicated decision process, we ended up with the invitations in a timely fashion and were thrilled with the outcome. I would absolutely recommend William Arthur to friends and family and hope to use them again in the future!!!
  • User1084621 2+ years ago
    Their customer service is awesome and super helpful!
    Anastashia Married on 11/10/2012
    I cannot say enough about our invitation suite! It was absolutely stunning and W.A. did a wonderful job of bringing my vision to life.
    Chris Married on 06/16/2012
    William Arthur made the most stunning invitations that we have ever seen!!! The detail and elegance was more than we could have ever dreamed of!
    G Married on 02/25/2012
    The quality and timelessness of our wedding invitations was very important to me, as they are the one element apart from photos that are a true memento of the occasion, and can be kept by all invitees and handed down through generations. I searched a great deal to find a beautiful combination of paper and design and it proved more difficult to find than I had anticipated.

Then I discovered that via William Arthur's own website, one can design directly onto the stationery of choice from an array of design elements, motifs and fonts, and I was able to create an elegant and one-of-a-kind suite of invitations that thoroughly suited our vision for the wedding. These were done on warm white "truly weddings" paper, excellent weight, with black thermographic ink. We were thrilled with the invitations and many of our guests commented on their elegance, uniqueness and quality. (This is the one area where I did splurge, but still the price was far more reasonable than what many boutique stationers would charge.)

I will certainly be purchasing from William Arthur again, for our personal family stationery and more.
    Samantha Married on 09/25/2011
    Our invitations were flawless! They were perfectly customized to make the perfect first impression of our wedding on our guests. The quality of the stationery was top notch. We recieved so many compliments on our invitations, menu cards, and envelope liners. William Arthur provided excellent execution through the proofing process, and nailed it!
    Elissa Married on 07/29/2011
    Loved my invites! Loved my invites!
    Lucy Married on 05/28/2011
    I used William Arthur for my Invitations, Response cards, and menus. They were all so beautiful and I received many compliments. They came soon after ordered, and were incredibly high quality!
    Amy Married on 08/28/2010
    We LOVED our invitations! They were beautiful and we received tons of complements on them. They were easy to order, the proof was received quickly, and we picked them up exactly when we were told they would be in. The quality of paper was great and the printing was too. Someone framed ours for us and it is hanging in our dining room and looks so elegant. They were the only ones that we fell in love with and we were so happy with our selection.
    Erin Married on 10/03/2009
    My William Arthur invitations and save the date cards were amazing!! The quality and the colors available were impressive. I wanted to use a local vendor and this was a perfect match!!
    Dana Married on 12/30/2011
    We ordered our invitations far in advance in order to take advantage of a discount that was being offered at the time, but it was a good choice. The set we chose allowed us to design our own invitations, pretty much, but I used a template shown on the website (we bought online). I also bought monogrammed stationary for thank you cards and they were absolutely beautiful. There were so many choices it was hard to decide what to go with- but William Arthur offers a good value and choices for letterpress, engraving, and thermography, different styles of invitation and stationary, and packages, and also often has discounts. The only reason I give it a 4 for value is because when there is no discount, the prices can be high. Wait for a discount and then buy even if it's early. Just keep the invitations in a safe place in the original packaging and they will look brand new.
    Heather Married on 11/06/2010
    William arthur did my wedding invitations "draped elegance" and they were gorgeous. I got so many compliments and they actually arrived earlier than planned. I used a different company for my rehearsal dinner invitations and was a lot less happy with the results. they have beautiful high quality invitations and I strongly suggest their products.
    Julie Married on 09/03/2011
    We used the easy-to-navigate online tools to design our own invitation set and they were beautiful! Their products are timeless and high quality...
    Jennette Married on 06/01/2013
    I ordered my wedding William Arthur wedding invitations from KT Janes in Tampa. Katie was wonderful to work with and the process was easier than I thought. At first, invitations can be so time consuming and overwhelming but Katie simplified it and helped me narrow down the selection of invitations. The quality of WA invites are superior and I was set on gold thermography font and gold edges. The price range can go quite high but what you pay for is truly what you get. I'm very happy with my selection!
  • W
    Beth Married on 05/22/2010
    Watch out on their website:
    I ordered the invitations on the website and did not see a place to order double envelopes so I assumed that I was getting them- I wasn't! I had to rush order new envelopes.

A few of the invitations at the bottom of the stack were way off center and could not be used. Some of the envelopes were not made correctly and an invitation would not slide in. Overall they looked beautiful but as my mother was helping me stuff the invitations she could not figure out why they were so expensive.
    Allison Married on 09/28/2013
    Initiations from William Arthur were purchased through Fine Stationary. At the time William Arthur was being sold to a new company. At first it took 1 1/2 weeks to get wedding proof, the it took a long time to finally get them. The invitations were missing their inner envelope. Their responsiveness is what I felt lacked some good follow through.
  • User1274331 2+ years ago
    I ordered invitations and no where on the website did it say that they were running behind in production time. When I had not received a proof within a week, I called and was finally told this. Then when I approved the proof, I was emailed to inform me that my invitations could take as long as 12 business days in production. The website said 5.
    When I called and asked why they didn't have the delay noted on the website, they told me they chose not to. They would wait until the customer's order came in to inform them! Isn't this too late? I would have ordered invitations from somewhere else had I known this.
    Kelsey Married on 08/17/2013
    Working with William Arthur was an absolute nightmare. I spent four hours with the woman at my local stationery shop going through all of the details for my wedding invitations, only to have the people at William Arthur forget to put any capitalized letters in my first proof. Not even my name or my parents's were capitalized. They also made mistakes in colors and fonts on this first proof. I had 5 different pieces of the invitation (the actual invitation, the envelope, the RSVP card, RSVP envelope, and the accommodations page) and every single piece had a glaring error on it. Once these were all corrected and the final proof was approved, I waited several weeks and heard nothing. When I called asking where my invitations were, they said that there was a mistake with shipping and that they hadn't even gone out the door yet (they should have arrived the week before I called.) When they did arrive, the envelopes didn't even have the lining I paid for, but since they were already so late, I did not have time to send them back and wait for new ones. I will never order anything from William Arthur again, and I would NOT recommend them to anyone.
  • User1573822 2+ years ago
    I would just like to say. William Arthur's company it's one of the worst company's ever, and sadly i MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE ORDERING MY WEDDING INVITATIONS FROM them. My fiancé and I waited 3 months to receive our invitations. When it was time for them to arrive, we find out, our invitations never made it out the door. And not only that they where never even made. That entire time they had us confuse with someone else. When we had been checking up with the company regarding our invitations since the time we purchased them. Really? Who does that?! It's just really unacceptable.