Wicks Florist Reviews

39 Reviews for Wicks Florist

Wicks Florist 1
Wicks Florist 2

Megan · Married on 10/11/2009

Wick?s Florist is actually the house florist for my reception hall and I had free centerpieces included in my wedding package. However, the free centerpieces were basic & not what I wanted.
    I first met with the florist and went over what I was looking for. They showed me someone?s actual centerpiece & I was in love with it! They quoted me a terrific price for a lot of flowers.
    When I went to actually book the florist, they had a sample centerpiece waiting for me?and I loved it more than the example I saw when I first met with them. They even put together a sample bouquet for me.

On the day of the wedding, the flowers looked beyond amazing! I?ve received so many compliments on the centerpieces and the choice of colors. I cant get over how beautiful my bouquet and dais flowers were. Stephanie does fantastic work!

Sent on 11/03/2009
  • futuremrsjay

Regina · Married on 10/04/2009

Wick's Florist did a stand up job on the flowers for my wedding. They are the house vendor for the Coral House so the centerpieces would have been done by them anyway. Needless to say at the end of the reception everyone wanted to take the centerpieces home! They were a beautiful combination of fall colors and beautiful flowers. I absolutely loved my bouquet, it was full and heavy but well worth it. I showed them a picture of what I envisioned from a magazine and I must say the resemblance to the photo was uncanny. It was full of bright beautiful calla lillies and berries. The bridesmaid's bouquet were very nice replica's of my bouquet as well as the junior bridesmaid and flower girl basket. The boutinnere's lasted throughout the ceremony and reception and they even gave us two extra. My mom's corsage died a little early but it was still beautiful. The flowers lasted at least a week and a half after the wedding too. The prices were reasonable too.

Sent on 10/22/2009

Gina · Married on 10/13/2007

All my flowers were perfect! I described what I wanted and they presented the centerpieces and my bouquet perfectly. I didn't have to change a thing!

They were helpful with ideas and were so friendly!

We received compliments all night! My husband's boutineere stayed perfect the entire day and night! My flowers were beautiful and the girls too!

Wicks did a great job!

Sent on 05/18/2008

Flowers were not a priority to me. Yet, Stefanie and the Wick's team came up with amazing flowers for my event and were so flexible to my needs and wants. I love my flowers so much, I'm having them preserved. They give you the most for your money with throw in's like petals, cake flowers, sweetheart centerpiece and more. Will always recommend them. Loved working together.

Sent on 12/04/2015

allison · Married on 07/24/2010

I'm originally from Long Island, and have been going to Wicks for years. When they told me they delivered to Manhattan, I was so happy to have them provide the flowers for our wedding. They exceeded my expectations. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous! The women in the department were very accomidating and helpful, and the delivery was perfect on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 08/11/2010

Erica · Married on 03/19/2016

Stephanie at Wicks did a great job of fulfilling my vision while respecting my budget - I had my heart set on cherry blossoms and forsythia, but the timing of our wedding made that an unreasonable expectation both in terms of cost and availability. But, she was able to suggest alternative flowers that would give me a similar look, and the finished centerpieces were absolutely breathtaking. My bouquet was stunning and absolutely packed with flowers, my sister’s maid-of-honor bouquet and the wrist corsages for the moms were a perfect match and sized just right for everyone’s comfort, the guys’ bouttonieres were fresh and beautiful, and everything lasted right up until the end of the evening and beyond. What really knocked me out were all the extras - the HUGE arrangement for our head table, the flowers for our cake, the arrangement for the ladies room, petals for all our tables, AND an entire extra toss bouquet that I didn’t even need but was thrilled to keep were all included! I was not even that interested in the flowers when I first started planning my wedding but by the end I was just so incredibly thrilled with them. Compliments from all around!

Sent on 03/27/2016

Katie · Married on 05/25/2013

My flowers were beautiful. Everything was delivered early and bouquet was exactly how I pictured it. The only problem was the forgot one boutonniere for my FIL. We subbed out an extra groomsmen boutonnière and it worked out fine. My center pieces were perfect and worked well in the room. There prices and service was fantastic!

Sent on 06/11/2013

Stacy-ann · Married on 07/20/2012

I used wicks Florist for my wedding and they were great to work with. I spoke to Stephanie and she was so patient. She listened to what I wanted and my budget and then tried he hardest to give me everything I wanted. Seeing the mock centerpieces didn't so justice to what we received on the day of the wedding. the bouquets were absolutely beautiful and the centerpieces where the talk of the party especially the piece done for the head table. I would recommend wicks florist to anyone and i would use them again.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Electa · Married on 09/27/2015

Wicks was amazing, we worked with Stephanie who did my centerpiece samples over more than once until it was just what I wanted. She was able to work within our budget which for flowers wasn't much and created a vision that matched our theme. My bouquet was absolutely beautiful and we were very pleased with the quality of work.

Sent on 09/30/2015

Toni · Married on 10/30/2011

3.5

The flowers turned out beautiful. My bouquet was amazing! It was so full my arms were actually sore from it! I lost some flowers throughout the night, but there were so many to begin with, that I didn’t really notice. My wedding was Sunday night and the flowers in my bouquet were still in great condition on Tuesday afternoon!
    The centerpieces surprised me. Stefani described them as being in a 6 x 6 in. square glass vase and they were so full they looked much larger than they really were. My guests complimented them and also loved the fact that were weren't so high that they prevented them from talking to other people at the table.
    We ordered pumpkins for our ceremony/cocktail hour- they came much smaller than I had wanted and we ordered preserved fall leaves to line the aisle and I heard from my husband that they were a little scarce. I personally did not get the chance to notice!
    It was a little bit hard to keep in contact with Stefani, she worked certain days and I live across the country with a 3 hr time diff., so it would take days for some questions to be answered. Stressful, but nobody's fault.
    Overall, I was impressed with Wick's. I would definitely recommend them to another bride. I was also happy that they recently updated their website...it really displays the good work they can do!

Sent on 11/03/2011

DEebra · Married on 02/01/2011

Very helpful. My bouquet came wilted and they sent a new one to my RH

Sent on 09/07/2011
  • Korinne

Korinne · Married on 11/03/2012

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

I've been buying flowers from Wick's Florist for many years so it was a no brainer as to who we wanted to do our flowers. They were easy to work with and provided helpful suggestions about our centerpieces and bouquets. Then Superstorm Sandy hit Long Island 5 days prior to our wedding and we had no idea if our wedding was going to take place. The Riviera was our venue, which is located on the bay in Massapequa. We weren't sure if they sustained damage from the storm but later found out that our wedding was proceeding accordingly.

Two days after the storm, I received a call from Stephanie letting me know that Wick's lost power and they weren't sure if I would have flowers. She left it off as she would call me the next day to let me know. To be honest, I felt that she was a little indifferent and flippant and maybe could have said something more to ease the uncertainty or suggested another florist if they were unable to provide the flowers. Needless to say, it freaked me out so I started to devise a back up plan. Anxiously, I called Wick's the next day to check the status and spoke to Stephanie again. She said they got power back and were going to put together beautiful flowers for my wedding. I was totally relieved! They were expecting a delivery from their wholesaler which never came but were going to make do with what they had available. That was fine by me since having flowers was way better than not having flowers. And I must say, they did a beautiful job!! Our bouquets were gorgeous (very similar to what I originally selected) and the centerpieces were stunning even though some of the flowers I wanted were omitted (due to non-delivery by their wholesaler). It didn't bother me in the least bit because they were still so beautiful and I received many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Veronica · Married on 10/08/2010

Wick's was great to work with through the planning process but we were disappointed that a lot of work seemed to get lost the day of the wedding. My bouquet had to be fixed because they forgot an important element they had suggested. The girl came right away but her attitude was clear she wasn't happy about it. The throw away bouquet was different from what was implied to me so I wish that had been more clearly stated during planning. The arbor we paid to have specially decorated was not decorated to the extent we discussed and was also slightly damaged when they put it together for us. Otherwise they did great centerpieces except our sweetheart table did not compliment the rest of our decor at all. I have no doubt they could have gotten the job done better if they had been clearer about each element was going to be like.

Sent on 10/10/2010

0.4
      2.5
      0.0

Wicks had a great price and the centerpieces did come out beautiful, however I would be careful using wicks. Stephine was difficult to work with an always had an attitude as if she was the bride. I repeatedly told her not to use certain flowers and the day before the wedding I stopped by to see the centerpieces and she did not listen. The bouquets were dissapointing. My bridesmaids had to pick off the dead flowers in all of the bouquets. The mothers flowers were horrible. They were so small and pathetic. I was so embarrassed my mother in law had to walk down the aslie with a bouquet smaller than her hand. I not going I even go into the flowers on the cake. If you are looking for a florist keep trying local vendors don't be fools by wicks reasonable prices

Sent on 08/04/2014