Whiteface Club & Resort Reviews

Whiteface Club & Resort 5
Whiteface Club & Resort 6
Whiteface Club & Resort 7

Vicky · Married on 07/09/2011

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Whiteface Club & Resort! We had our son's rehearsal dinner at the Boathouse on a beautiful July evening 2011. It was a perfect setting and absolutely exceeded our expectations. We loved working with Kristin Parker, the experienced and highly professional event planner at The Whiteface Club & Resort. Kristin is charming, creative, and offered expert guidance and advice throughout the process. Chef Richard created an exquisite dinner, we loved the layout of the Boathouse and the wonderful wrap-around porch that overlooks Lake Placid, and the waitstaff went out of their way to be helpful. Most important, our bride and groom and all our guests had a wonderful and memorable evening!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Meghan · Married on 08/28/2010

Kristin and the Whiteface Club in general made my wedding unforgettable. Kristin was available and responsive for the entire year leading up to my wedding, had some great suggestions and was such a pleasure to work with. I feel like she really got excited about the details of my wedding as much as I did! She clearly loves her job and it shows. Her staff was top notch- they went above and beyond my expectations many times leading up to the wedding day and on the day itself. There is not a single thing I would have changed and this is THE BEST place to get married in the Adirondacks!

Sent on 10/15/2010

brooke · Married on 08/13/2010

Everything from the location to the food and most of all, the people, were absolutely wonderful! I could not have asked for a better day!

Sent on 10/09/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/31/2010

My Husband and I are so happy with our choice to have our wedding at Whiteface Club and Resort. Everything went perfectly. Kristin was wonderful to work with. Every vendor she suggested was excellent. She made my family and I feel so important and well taken care of. If you are not from the area I would recommend renting one of the properties at the Whiteface Club and Resort for your wedding weekend. Being onsite made our wedding a really unique and stress-free experience. I would also suggest hosting a brunch after catered by Whiteface Club and Resort; really the staff was amazing. Listen to Kristen she knows what she is doing!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Margaret · Married on 10/22/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at Whiteface Club and Resort last month and it was beautiful. Our daughter and son-in law loved the outdoor garden and that was what convinced them to book The Whiteface Club and Resort. Unfortunately mother nature had another plan, 6 inches of snow! Plan B was the Boathouse but our daughter didn't really want it there so Kristin came up with plan C that went beyond their dreams! They got married on the veranda, with the snow falling in the background it was magical. Every part of the day was wonderful, Kristin and the rest of the staff are incredible.

Sent on 11/13/2016

M · Married on 12/07/2013

Aside from the fact that the venue is absolutely stunning, Kristin Parker was the determining factor in our decision to chose the WFC for our wedding reception. From day one, she was incredibly friendly, responsive, and honest. She made the entire process and breeze and was never once fazed by our questions, last minutes changes, and obsessive emails! Kristin went above and beyond her call of duty: from volunteering to help with the ceremony rehearsal at the church, to fluffing my dress before I walked down the aisle, to staying later than expected on Sunday to help us clean-up. I swear she doesn't sleep! In addition, the chef was outstanding and we had many positive comments from our guests, many of whom work in the food industry. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that wedding planning could be such a breeze - not to mention from so far away - but because of Kristin's poise, calm under pressure, and passion for weddings, this dream became a reality.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Denja · Married on 09/02/2012

Oh where to start! The Whiteface Club and Resort is absolutely the most beautiful place to have a wedding. I always pictured getting married here and as I expected our expectations were far beyond exceeded. From the details to the amazing scenery, we could not have asked for more. Kristin Parker is fantastic, experienced, creative, flexible, and wonderful to work with. Thank you Kristin!!! We were looking for a nontraditional wedding (without the sit-down dinner) where our guests could eat, drink, dance, and simply have a great time. It was everything we wanted and more. Fabulous day! Thanks again to Kristin and everyone at the Whiteface Club and Resort who made our wedding so spectacular! -Denja and Andrew Weibrecht

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/07/2019

Best of the best

We can not say enough amazing things about The Whiteface Club for our perfect day in June. Kristin was nothing short of the best to have with us every step of the way. She was there for whatever we needed help with, from touring the venue throughout all of planning and the entire day. We were able to customize our event for what would make it perfect for us. Our guests couldn’t get over the beauty of the grounds and the attention they put into everything. The service and the food were phenomenal, many guests still bring up how fantastic it was months later! It was the most perfect day and it wouldn’t have been without Kristin and her team!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Mary · Married on 08/12/2017

The wedding weekend was spectacular! The venue is gorgeous with a beautiful flower garden and Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain as a backdrop. Kristin Parker is the perfect wedding planner - helpful with every detail and calm when everyone else gets nervous. The chef prepared delicious food for the rehearsal dinner and sit down wedding reception. The places to stay at the resort were fabulous.

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 10/08/2016

The whole weekend was wonderful. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch at the club. Every event was set up beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was great. Their wedding coordinator Kristin Parker made the whole weekend run smoothly. I was nervous about the rain but Kristin had a perfect solution and the ceremony was still perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Elaine · Married on 09/03/2016

My daughter's September ceremony and reception at the Whiteface Club and Resort were absolutely perfect. The wedding garden flowers and scenery were stunning. The Moose Lodge appetizers were delicious as guests gazed at majestic Whiteface Mountain over Lake Placid. Many guests complimented the chef's dinner preparations as the best they had ever tasted. The canoe over the bar, the stone fireplace, the plaid rug, and the fire pit and Adirondack chairs all added a comfortable, hospitable ambiance. Best of all, Kristin Parker sincerely guided our preparation with a friendly, helpful, caring personality. She is a sparkling gem, and our lifetime memories remain a once-in-a-lifetime treasure because of Kristin's dedication to ensure each Whiteface Club wedding is the top of the class. Thank you, Kristin, for all you do!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Alison · Married on 07/15/2016

I would highly recommend the Whiteface Club. The Mooselodge Boathouse was the perfect setting for our daughters wedding welcome party. The setting is incredible with the Lake Placid in the foreground and Whiteface Mountain in the background. Kristin Parker was very warm, knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Deborah · Married on 07/06/2015

We were married at Whiteface Club and Resort on July 6, 2015 and had our reception in the Moose Lodge Boathouse. The venue was absolutely beautiful in the garden. All our guests raved about the food, each menu choice we made was exceptional. Kristin Parker, our wedding coordinator was a pleasure to work with and she was on point at every step of the planning. Everyone says that something will go wrong at every wedding, but ours was the exception. Our day was flawless and perfect.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I, and our parents absolutely could not have been more pleased with our decision to host our wedding reception at the Whiteface Club & Resort. Of course, the venue is absolutely gorgeous - from the Boathouse on the water, to the garden (also on the water), to the ADK Dining room, which is the perfect combination of rustic/authentic LP, but elegant. Relative to the other venues we considered, this was the perfect combination. Chef Peter is fantastic – beyond his talent and interesting experience (he was trained in Japan and made a delicious sushi hors d’oeuvre), he was friendly, flexible, attentive to detail, and answered our every request. Most importantly, the food on the wedding day was cooked to perfection and served hot -- an essential challenge for that many people. Every single staff member was friendly, professional, and helpful. A number of our guests commented on the fact that everyone they encountered was pleasant. Last but certainly not least…Kristin Parker, the wedding coordinator at Whiteface was the key to it all. We planned our wedding from afar, and could not have done it without her support. Kristin is passionate about what she does, and it shows in her work. Kristin is organized, attentive, detail-oriented, and extremely professional. She worked within the confines of everyone involved in the process, and did whatever it took to pull everything together and make things seamless and beautiful. Kristin went above and beyond to consider details that we didn’t even address, and without question played a significant role in our wedding reception being even better than we had envisioned. From top to bottom, Whiteface Club & Resort offered a truly perfect wedding experience. We couldn’t have asked for anything more, and will recommend it to anyone who plans to get married in beautiful Lake Placid. Cheers to June 20, 2015!!!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kristin Parker and her team at the Whiteface Club & Resort helped us have the perfect wedding! Throughout the whole process, they worked with us to ensure that every detail was taken care of. Never once did I have to worry--not during the planning process, nor on my actual wedding day. We had a larger wedding--about 160 guests--and the venue did not feel crowded. The location is unparalleled, the food is delicious and the process was seamless. I highly recommend the Whiteface Club and Resort!

Sent on 09/07/2015

3.5

This venue is absolutely beautiful--our wedding guests were so impressed. Their wedding planner is amazing and truly loves her job. It is very expensive, but the food was great quality and the view is stunning. Everything about our wedding here was perfect.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/22/2011

This was an absolutely perfect place to get married. The setting is beautiful, the food was delicious, and Kristin, the coordinator, is amazing. We and our guests all had a fantastic time. The club worked with us to plan our perfect day, and Kristin was very responsive as far as incorporating our requests and ideas. She even let us use a bunch of photobooth props left over from her own wedding! The entire staff was very professional and cheerful, and our guests all commented on the great food and service. Yes, it's expensive, but built into the food cost is the venue, furniture/equipment, and the coordination that allows you as a bride to not have to worry about anything on your wedding day. I can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else - the Whiteface Club was a dream.

Sent on 06/09/2011

Elisabeth · Married on 05/27/2016

The Whiteface Club is an amazing venue for your wedding day. We arrived via boat to the cocktail hour and then went up to the restaurent for dinner. Kristin Parker was amazing and helps you ensure that you think of all the details for your special day. On the day of the wedding, Kristin and her team did a great job ensuring that we had nothing to worry about. Our guests and family gave us so many compliments about the venue, food and atmosphere.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Michael · Married on 09/04/2016

Whiteface Club & Resort is a rock solid wedding venue. You will get what you pay for and your guests will love it!

Sent on 05/29/2017

4.2
      3.0

Whiteface Club and Resort is the place for the small, intimate wedding. They even let me have my dog there, which was a deal breaker for me. The food was wonderful. They even made custom cocktails for me, but they charged me extra. This place is wonderful, just made sure if your contract that for the price you agree you it includes everything you want, or they will charge you extra after.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Alana · Married on 08/20/2016

4.2
      3.5

Amazing venue for a wedding, just gorgeous! The staff was friendly, helpful and aiming to please, Kristin was so happy to make the family happy and worked so well with the planner for an amazing day/event!!!!!. The location itself is incredible and super wedding friendly! Only draw was the sister property spa The Spa at Mirror Lake, sadly had to redo all the bridesmaids make up at home which meant little time for bride make up/ get ready time, and it was expensive. No other draw back, so if you are looking for an Adirondack wedding than congrats, you have found your location, and Whiteface Club and Resort is it!! Just amazing you will not regret it!! Did I mention I loved this place, the people and the amazing gardens? :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2012

3.8
      2.0

My wedding was in September 2012, usually September is not known for rain. Of course, 90% chance of rain in the forecast. The staff where accomodating in moving the ceremony inside the boathouse. The rain did stop for about 25 minutes for the ceremony and where were able to move it back out Lake side. Kristin was great, instructing everyone on what to do. It was very difficult getting everything organized because the rain stopped about 10 minutes before the ceremony started. Leading up to the wedding, she was very easy to get in touch with and always had a quick response to any questions I had. The quality of the food is fantastic,We had Steak, Chicken Fontina and Pasta Primavera. I was able to customize our hors d'evores to fit my fall theme. The chef was great in creating some of my different requests! Although, I was upset with the way my cake was handled. I brought in my own cake and was told there was no refridgerator room to store my cake overnight and they would not be able to stack the tiers the day of. I had to find a outside location to store my cake, and have someone come in the put the cake together. I also had to bring in my own boxes to take any leftover cake. I brought in my own Maple Syrup to have feature shots at the bar mixed with Southern Comfort and I was informed that the do not serve shots due to a liability and can only service mixed drinks and beer. We ended the night with a bonfire & Smores & Tess the owl even made a appearance!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2010

3.6
      3.5

Great Location for both wedding and reception for the price. It is right on Lake Placid and nice grounds near the Moose Lodge and where the weddings take place. Only drawback is no air conditioning in the Moose Boat Lodge. I was not expecting an 80 degree day in June but that's what we got and it got really warm in the Lodge when everyone was dancing.

Sent on 10/08/2010

sarah · Married on 08/16/2008

2.0
      3.0

Our ceremony + reception were both held here at the Whiteface Club & Resort. It was an absolutely beautiful location to have our wedding and the views alone were worth it. But...while I couldn't have wished for a better location, the club itself was not very flexible or accommodating to us. There were no food tastings, we couldn't bring in our own cake (unless we wanted hefty fees), they sold the venue as an outdoor ceremony--which is what we wanted, but the club was of no assistance with helping us secure a tent to use, there were additional fees for everything and you had to watch the bills and invoices very closely because they added gratuity to everything.

In the end, even with all of our complaints, we wouldn't have changed the venue for anywhere else in the world and were thrilled with how everything turned out. My best advice is just to be aware of what you're getting yourselves into!

Sent on 09/02/2008