Whiteface Club & Resort Reviews

106 | Lake Placid, NY

106 Reviews for Whiteface Club & Resort

Brooke · Married on 10/01/2011

Whiteface Club was a perfect location for our wedding, blending elegance with the natural beauty of the Adirondacks. The staff, particularly Kristin, was friendly, professional and attentive to detail throughout the process. Due to rain, our outdoor ceremony had to be moved indoors, but the staff worked magic transforming the Boat House into a cozy, romantic space where we were married. And the Clubhouse, complete with roaring fire, was exactly the right space to celebrate and dance the night away. The staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day beautiful and unforgettable! You will not regret booking your special day at Whiteface Club!

Mary Ann · Married on 09/17/2011

We had a beautiful fall wedding on the shore of Lake Placid in the gardens at the Whiteface Club and Resort...it was perfect! Kristen Parker, the coordinator, is FABULOUS!!! The food was excellent, the service was first class and the scenery was stunning!!!!

Kaylee · Married on 09/10/2011

The Whiteface Club and Resort was our ceremony location and it was absolutely gorgeous, the wedding garden is the best location for an "Adirondack by the water" wedding. The staff is very professional and helpful with all your wedding needs!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2011

Everything was wonderful! The AMAZING Kristin Parker helped with anything and everything that had to do with the Whiteface Club. She eased me through all of the huge decisions (keeping the ceremony on track, determining the best schedule for the reception) and excelled at helping decide and carry out all of the tiny details (arranging everything to my little OCD's desire and even finding my husband's favorite beer....not an easy task). I can't sing her praises enough!!!! And the night of the wedding and reception, the entire staff was great! They were all so friendly and helpful. And the food was DELICIOUS! Best wedding cake I've ever tasted. If I had it all to do over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Mary · Married on 08/21/2011

My husband and I were married at the Whiteface Club & Resort this past August (2011) and it was spectacular! The garden was in full bloom and Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain were in full view. We could not have found a more beautiful setting for our wedding ceremony. Following the ceremony our guests enjoyed cocktails at the Moose Lodge Boathouse and everyone loved the Adirondack style architecture and the breathtaking views from indoors and outside on the wrap around deck. We had dinner and dancing in the Adirondack Dining Room and the food was AMAZING! Kudos to Chef Brosseau! It was by far the best food that we have ever eaten at a wedding. In fact, we enjoyed the food and views so much that we returned two days later to dine at the boathouse. Further, we were extremely happy with the staff at the Whiteface Club & Resort. In particular, Kristin Parker did an excellent job helping us plan the perfect wedding day for us. She is amazingly organized and patient! She was also very accommodating to our special requests, such as arranging for us to bring in a goat cheese cake from an outside vendor and to have french-style wedding cake (Croquembouche). Chef Brosseau made the cake in-house and it was delicious! We also wanted to add sparklers to the cake to make it extra celebratory and Kristin made it happen. Overall, we had an excellent experience at the Whiteface Club & Resort - the venue and staff exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend this venue and would give it more stars if that were possible. Lastly, the Whiteface Club & Resort often works with Trillium Florist and we highly recommend them as well. We worked with Kris Breitmeyer on our floral arrangements (bouquets, centerpieces, etc) and they were stunning.

Jill · Married on 08/20/2011

My husband and I got married here this past August and it was amazing! The backdrop and flower garden for an outdoor ceremony is one of a kind. Kristin, the planner, worked very hard to make sure everything was organized and put together. She truly loves her job and makes being a bride so much easier! The Boathouse made for a wonderful cocktail hour and our guests loved it so much. The dining room is beautiful with great views. We have received so many compliments about our wedding and how gorgeous and amazing it was! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is getting married!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Vicky · Married on 07/09/2011

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Whiteface Club & Resort! We had our son's rehearsal dinner at the Boathouse on a beautiful July evening 2011. It was a perfect setting and absolutely exceeded our expectations. We loved working with Kristin Parker, the experienced and highly professional event planner at The Whiteface Club & Resort. Kristin is charming, creative, and offered expert guidance and advice throughout the process. Chef Richard created an exquisite dinner, we loved the layout of the Boathouse and the wonderful wrap-around porch that overlooks Lake Placid, and the waitstaff went out of their way to be helpful. Most important, our bride and groom and all our guests had a wonderful and memorable evening!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Meghan · Married on 08/28/2010

Kristin and the Whiteface Club in general made my wedding unforgettable. Kristin was available and responsive for the entire year leading up to my wedding, had some great suggestions and was such a pleasure to work with. I feel like she really got excited about the details of my wedding as much as I did! She clearly loves her job and it shows. Her staff was top notch- they went above and beyond my expectations many times leading up to the wedding day and on the day itself. There is not a single thing I would have changed and this is THE BEST place to get married in the Adirondacks!

Sent on 10/15/2010

brooke · Married on 08/13/2010

Everything from the location to the food and most of all, the people, were absolutely wonderful! I could not have asked for a better day!

Sent on 10/09/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/31/2010

My Husband and I are so happy with our choice to have our wedding at Whiteface Club and Resort. Everything went perfectly. Kristin was wonderful to work with. Every vendor she suggested was excellent. She made my family and I feel so important and well taken care of. If you are not from the area I would recommend renting one of the properties at the Whiteface Club and Resort for your wedding weekend. Being onsite made our wedding a really unique and stress-free experience. I would also suggest hosting a brunch after catered by Whiteface Club and Resort; really the staff was amazing. Listen to Kristen she knows what she is doing!!!!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Margaret · Married on 10/22/2016

We had our daughter's wedding at Whiteface Club and Resort last month and it was beautiful. Our daughter and son-in law loved the outdoor garden and that was what convinced them to book The Whiteface Club and Resort. Unfortunately mother nature had another plan, 6 inches of snow! Plan B was the Boathouse but our daughter didn't really want it there so Kristin came up with plan C that went beyond their dreams! They got married on the veranda, with the snow falling in the background it was magical. Every part of the day was wonderful, Kristin and the rest of the staff are incredible.

Sent on 11/13/2016

M · Married on 12/07/2013

Aside from the fact that the venue is absolutely stunning, Kristin Parker was the determining factor in our decision to chose the WFC for our wedding reception. From day one, she was incredibly friendly, responsive, and honest. She made the entire process and breeze and was never once fazed by our questions, last minutes changes, and obsessive emails! Kristin went above and beyond her call of duty: from volunteering to help with the ceremony rehearsal at the church, to fluffing my dress before I walked down the aisle, to staying later than expected on Sunday to help us clean-up. I swear she doesn't sleep! In addition, the chef was outstanding and we had many positive comments from our guests, many of whom work in the food industry. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that wedding planning could be such a breeze - not to mention from so far away - but because of Kristin's poise, calm under pressure, and passion for weddings, this dream became a reality.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Denja · Married on 09/02/2012

Oh where to start! The Whiteface Club and Resort is absolutely the most beautiful place to have a wedding. I always pictured getting married here and as I expected our expectations were far beyond exceeded. From the details to the amazing scenery, we could not have asked for more. Kristin Parker is fantastic, experienced, creative, flexible, and wonderful to work with. Thank you Kristin!!! We were looking for a nontraditional wedding (without the sit-down dinner) where our guests could eat, drink, dance, and simply have a great time. It was everything we wanted and more. Fabulous day! Thanks again to Kristin and everyone at the Whiteface Club and Resort who made our wedding so spectacular! -Denja and Andrew Weibrecht

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/07/2019

Best of the best

We can not say enough amazing things about The Whiteface Club for our perfect day in June. Kristin was nothing short of the best to have with us every step of the way. She was there for whatever we needed help with, from touring the venue throughout all of planning and the entire day. We were able to customize our event for what would make it perfect for us. Our guests couldn’t get over the beauty of the grounds and the attention they put into everything. The service and the food were phenomenal, many guests still bring up how fantastic it was months later! It was the most perfect day and it wouldn’t have been without Kristin and her team!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Mary · Married on 08/12/2017

The wedding weekend was spectacular! The venue is gorgeous with a beautiful flower garden and Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain as a backdrop. Kristin Parker is the perfect wedding planner - helpful with every detail and calm when everyone else gets nervous. The chef prepared delicious food for the rehearsal dinner and sit down wedding reception. The places to stay at the resort were fabulous.

Sent on 08/22/2017
  • Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 10/08/2016

The whole weekend was wonderful. We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding, and brunch at the club. Every event was set up beautiful, the food was delicious and the service was great. Their wedding coordinator Kristin Parker made the whole weekend run smoothly. I was nervous about the rain but Kristin had a perfect solution and the ceremony was still perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Elaine · Married on 09/03/2016

My daughter's September ceremony and reception at the Whiteface Club and Resort were absolutely perfect. The wedding garden flowers and scenery were stunning. The Moose Lodge appetizers were delicious as guests gazed at majestic Whiteface Mountain over Lake Placid. Many guests complimented the chef's dinner preparations as the best they had ever tasted. The canoe over the bar, the stone fireplace, the plaid rug, and the fire pit and Adirondack chairs all added a comfortable, hospitable ambiance. Best of all, Kristin Parker sincerely guided our preparation with a friendly, helpful, caring personality. She is a sparkling gem, and our lifetime memories remain a once-in-a-lifetime treasure because of Kristin's dedication to ensure each Whiteface Club wedding is the top of the class. Thank you, Kristin, for all you do!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Alison · Married on 07/15/2016

I would highly recommend the Whiteface Club. The Mooselodge Boathouse was the perfect setting for our daughters wedding welcome party. The setting is incredible with the Lake Placid in the foreground and Whiteface Mountain in the background. Kristin Parker was very warm, knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 07/29/2016

Deborah · Married on 07/06/2015

We were married at Whiteface Club and Resort on July 6, 2015 and had our reception in the Moose Lodge Boathouse. The venue was absolutely beautiful in the garden. All our guests raved about the food, each menu choice we made was exceptional. Kristin Parker, our wedding coordinator was a pleasure to work with and she was on point at every step of the planning. Everyone says that something will go wrong at every wedding, but ours was the exception. Our day was flawless and perfect.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

My husband and I, and our parents absolutely could not have been more pleased with our decision to host our wedding reception at the Whiteface Club & Resort. Of course, the venue is absolutely gorgeous - from the Boathouse on the water, to the garden (also on the water), to the ADK Dining room, which is the perfect combination of rustic/authentic LP, but elegant. Relative to the other venues we considered, this was the perfect combination. Chef Peter is fantastic – beyond his talent and interesting experience (he was trained in Japan and made a delicious sushi hors d’oeuvre), he was friendly, flexible, attentive to detail, and answered our every request. Most importantly, the food on the wedding day was cooked to perfection and served hot -- an essential challenge for that many people. Every single staff member was friendly, professional, and helpful. A number of our guests commented on the fact that everyone they encountered was pleasant. Last but certainly not least…Kristin Parker, the wedding coordinator at Whiteface was the key to it all. We planned our wedding from afar, and could not have done it without her support. Kristin is passionate about what she does, and it shows in her work. Kristin is organized, attentive, detail-oriented, and extremely professional. She worked within the confines of everyone involved in the process, and did whatever it took to pull everything together and make things seamless and beautiful. Kristin went above and beyond to consider details that we didn’t even address, and without question played a significant role in our wedding reception being even better than we had envisioned. From top to bottom, Whiteface Club & Resort offered a truly perfect wedding experience. We couldn’t have asked for anything more, and will recommend it to anyone who plans to get married in beautiful Lake Placid. Cheers to June 20, 2015!!!

Sent on 09/01/2015

Kristin Parker and her team at the Whiteface Club & Resort helped us have the perfect wedding! Throughout the whole process, they worked with us to ensure that every detail was taken care of. Never once did I have to worry--not during the planning process, nor on my actual wedding day. We had a larger wedding--about 160 guests--and the venue did not feel crowded. The location is unparalleled, the food is delicious and the process was seamless. I highly recommend the Whiteface Club and Resort!

Sent on 09/07/2015

3.5

This venue is absolutely beautiful--our wedding guests were so impressed. Their wedding planner is amazing and truly loves her job. It is very expensive, but the food was great quality and the view is stunning. Everything about our wedding here was perfect.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/22/2011

This was an absolutely perfect place to get married. The setting is beautiful, the food was delicious, and Kristin, the coordinator, is amazing. We and our guests all had a fantastic time. The club worked with us to plan our perfect day, and Kristin was very responsive as far as incorporating our requests and ideas. She even let us use a bunch of photobooth props left over from her own wedding! The entire staff was very professional and cheerful, and our guests all commented on the great food and service. Yes, it's expensive, but built into the food cost is the venue, furniture/equipment, and the coordination that allows you as a bride to not have to worry about anything on your wedding day. I can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else - the Whiteface Club was a dream.

Sent on 06/09/2011

Alexandra M Lucey-Carra · Married on 05/07/2019

3.0

Such a magical experience!

My husband and I got married on July 5th and we had the most spectacular day at the Whiteface Club and Resort. My family stayed at one of the rental properties, which was so convenient. My husband and I loved the fact that we were able to customize our day so much, it was really important to us that our wedding feel very personal. Kristen Parker and her staff were incredibly professional and accommodating. It was the biggest relief knowing that I really did not need to sweat the small things because she and her team were so on top of everything. You literally could not ask for a more picture-perfect ceremony setting, the boat ride around Lake Placid was nothing short of magical, the reception space was absolutely beautiful, and the food was beyond delicious. We could not have asked for a more perfect day anywhere else.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Elisabeth · Married on 05/27/2016

The Whiteface Club is an amazing venue for your wedding day. We arrived via boat to the cocktail hour and then went up to the restaurent for dinner. Kristin Parker was amazing and helps you ensure that you think of all the details for your special day. On the day of the wedding, Kristin and her team did a great job ensuring that we had nothing to worry about. Our guests and family gave us so many compliments about the venue, food and atmosphere.

Sent on 06/21/2016