Whiteface Club & Resort Reviews

106 | Lake Placid, NY

106 Reviews for Whiteface Club & Resort

Nikki · Married on 09/04/2016

Kristin Parker is FAB-U-LOUS!! She was always so easily accessible and always responded to every need in a MORE than timely manner. I don't know how she does it, but she works miracles. She has such a calming presence and her experience is above all others. She went out of her way on more than one occasion to make sure every detail was exactly what we wanted. To say she is accommodating is a complete understatement. With her help our wedding day was absolutely perfect! She guided us every step of the way from the day we chose Whiteface Club & Resort as our destination wedding up until we left the wedding reception. I am of the firm belief there is no better place to get married and nobody better equipped to take care of you and your wedding plans than Kristin Parker and the staff at WFC. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/27/2016

We definitely recommend that you book your wedding with the Whiteface Club and Resort!! The venue is absolutely stunning, the wait, bar, and kitchen staff are incredible - and Kristin Parker who is the events coordinator is absolutely amazing at her job and a pleasure to work with! She cares so much about the details of every single wedding and making sure that the bride and groom have the most perfect wedding day from the day you sign the contract all the way through. We could not be happier that we were fortunate enough to have our wedding at WFCR and work with Kristin and her team. We were married in the most picturesque place on earth - the mountains are of course beautiful, and the gardens maintained by WFCR truly take your breath away. On top of that the venues (ceremony lawn, boathouse, and reception hall) are perfect, the food was great, and there is a really awesome bar selection! It is a great feeling to look back on our wedding day without a single regret or bad memory - it was everything we could have imagined it to be and so much more. Don't drag your feet on deciding to book this venue because dates fill up quickly - you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

We couldn't have imagined a better place to get married. From the day you contact Kristen (wedding coordinator and resident angel.. more later!), you get personalized attention to create the day of your dreams, you never feel like a number like some other resorts. When we first visited, it was snowing, so we couldn't see how gorgeous the gardens are during their peak. But, we did see a couple who had been married 3 years prior at the resort coming back to visit and racing to hug staff members. It just reaffirmed how special this place was, that you are a part of their family. Needless to say we fell in love. From there, Kristin didn't disappear. She didn't just sell us on the place, she was our wedding coordinator and day of angel. We could call or text her any time and she gave us her honest opinion. It was just so natural, feeling like that friend you've known forever. Basically, a bride's dream! Fast forward to the day of the wedding, the weather outlook wasn't so hot. But, Kristin re-assured us that everything would be alright. And it was, we had 30 mins of non-rain to get the ceremony in and it was incredible. Then we shuttled everyone up to the club house, rather then the boat house as originally planned, for cocktails. The team at WCR made it perfect! There was even our beer canoe on the patio. O and the food... it was amazing! The steak was perfectly cooked at medium for everyone I talked to and the veggie dish was a winner! By the end of the night, everyone had danced, eaten and drank their hearts out, helping us to make it a day we will never forget. Kristin and the Club is to thank for that. I can't wait to visit, like the couple we ran into, over the years and to relive the magic they created for us.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/06/2016

The Whiteface Club & Resort is one of the most beautiful venues I've ever seen. They are very flexible with package options and have many wonderful spaces available for a wedding. But most of all, their venue/event coordinator Kristin was absolutely amazing to work with. She was on top of everything, quickly answering every random email, providing helpful reminders of what she needed from us, and ensuring the wedding day itself went off without a hitch. It was hands down the best day of our lives, and much of the credit is due to Kristin and the rest of the team at Whiteface Club & Resort. Can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Susan · Married on 07/25/2016

I cannot imagine a more beautiful venue. Food was delicious, Kristen Parker and her staff could not possibly have been more attentive and helpful. We got married the day after the Ironman and they were extremely flexible about holding the rehearsal early so that it wouldn't interfere with the race.. All my guests kept saying they had never been to such a beautiful wedding and I have to agree!!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/17/2016

My husband and I got married at the Whiteface Club and resort on July 17, 2016. We had an 11am ceremony in the garden followed by brunch in the Adirondack Lodge. Everything turned out wonderful. The brunch buffet was delicious and the best part was how Kristin helped us work with the GM on getting the best bang for our buck. We really appreciated Kristin and it felt like she was always working to get us the best and she truly became one of our friends through this process. We highly recommend having Kristin plan your wedding at the Whiteface Club and Resort.

Sent on 08/08/2016

We got married two weeks ago (07/16/16) and it was absolutely perfect. We booked this venue in a panic - worried we might lose the date of we waited too long and only had reviews/pictures to go by upon making the deposit. We never regretted that decision! WFC far exceeded any dreams I had even imagined about my wedding. Kristin Parker was amazing to work with. I emailed her and texted her questions and she always got back to me quickly. She was there for every step in planning, shared my tears before going down the aisle, and was the last one to fluff my dress and take a picture with my daddy as we started our walk. She made every experience even better. The venue was gorgeous, the views spectacular, and the food delicious. Kristin and her staff made everything flow perfectly. Thank you Kristin and WFC for a perfect day!!!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Alex · Married on 07/05/2016

Everything about Whiteface Club & Resort and Kristin Parker, the wedding coordinator, was terrific. I highly recommend this place to any couple that loves natural beauty, serenity, and peace. My wife and I would not change a thing!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Josh · Married on 07/02/2016

When you begin to plan a wedding you have a vision of how that day will go and how everything will look. My guess is that most weddings get close to that vision. The Whiteface Club & Resort exceeded every vision and every idea my wife and I had. The venue was more beautiful than we thought a venue could be. The food was better than we thought. The staff was nicer and more accommodating than we believed a group could be. There is no part of the experience from our first tour of the facilities to our multiple meetings at the venue to our taste testings to the moment we left after our reception that we were not blown away with the level of excellence and detail the staff and venue displayed. On top of all this is the WFCR event coordinator Kristin Parker. Kristin made every step of the process easy and accommodated all of our special requests and ideas. She truly cared about our special day and all the details within it. By the time our wedding was over we felt Kristin was a close friend and part of our growing family. We could not have done it without her and are so happy to have her as a friend for the rest of our lives. ~Josh & Abby

Sent on 07/10/2016

Jane · Married on 06/11/2016

After your first conversation with Kristin Parker, you will know that you are in caring professional hands. She will guide you exquisitely through the entire process with joy and wisdom. And before you know it, your day will arrive and she will be there every second to execute your dream.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Victoria · Married on 06/11/2016

Two months ago, my fiance and I woke up to a cool, misty Saturday morning excited to be saying our vows in front of our family and closest friends. The day before, we had an Adirondack Blue sky above us as the amazing Kristin Parker walked us through our rehearsal and smoothed out all the wrinkles in the events of our wedding day. The whole weekend was simply magical. We decided to get married at the Whiteface Club and Resort about a year ago, but it was not until December that we called up Kristin to ask about availability. June 11th was the only date left, and so we took it. We knew that that the Adirondacks would present us with either a hot sunny day or a cool rainy one, and we loved either possibility as we enjoy all aspects of the area. We ended up with a rainy and misty day that really added a magical ambiance to the whole event. When the ceremony began, the rain had stopped and we were provided a window of time which allowed us to be married in the garden filled with Forget-Me-Nots! Kristin was wonderful helping us put together what would be a very intimate wedding. We only asked for recommendations about a photographer, as it would be family members and friends who put together the flowers, music for the night, as well as sing during the processional. Kristin and the staff went above and beyond in providing us the most exquisite hor d'oeuvres and dinner. Since we were such a small wedding, 28 people, we were able to have our dinner in the boathouse, which afforded us amazing views of Lake Placid all afternoon and evening. The ambiance was spectacular with the fireplace glowing while we danced the night away! The cake was designed like a birch tree and tasted awesome! The Whiteface Club and Resort is an incredible venue with a mountain, lake, and gorgeous garden that is all brought to its height of awesomeness by Kristin and her staff! Thank you for an amazing day!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Paige · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I got married at the Whiteface Club & Resort last October. The venue is amazing. Truly beautiful, and the food incredible! The chef's team took great care in helping us plan a delicious menu for our guests.

Our wedding day was perfect and the staff made it so. Kristin Parker and her team are not only top notch in executing large events, noting every tiny detail, they are caring and kind. They make you feel like family, which makes your special day all the more special. We even had a difficult guest, Kristin and her team handled everything with grace and class.

We loved it, our guests loved it, I hope I am one day invited to another wedding at the Whiteface Club & Resort! - Paige Swanepoel

Sent on 03/22/2016

Ellen · Married on 09/26/2015

FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BEAUTIFUL VENUE! Kristin Parker, and the staff at the Whiteface Club & Resort are absolutely amazing. From the initial meeting and tour of the grounds, to the last hug goodbye on our wedding night, Kristin and her staff were reliable, accommodating, friendly, professional, and kept the entire day running smoothly and on time. Being a destination site meant that my husband and I needed to be able to rely on the help and guidance of a venue coordinator to help point us in the right direction with planning, and execute things for our guests since no one is familiar with the location. Kristin far exceeded our expectations, and did not miss a single detail. Her vendor contacts were also friendly, talented and professional. Matthew Baldwin, the executive chef created a menu that was interesting, seasonal, and out of this world delicious. Guests commented all night on the quality and presentation of the food. The ceremony grounds are breathtaking, the lodge is a perfect balance of elegance and Adirondack feel. Our wedding day was better than we ever could have imagined, thanks in large part to the incredible staff at the Whiteface Club and Resort. I can not imagine a better place anywhere to celebrate such an important day.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Our wedding at the Whiteface Club was absolutely perfect. The setting is spectacular and the staff really goes above and beyond to deliver your unique wedding vision. Kristin Parker, the wedding coordinator at WFCR, is a pleasure to work with. She's warm, responsive, and super detail-oriented and on top of things, which was important to us since we were planning from out of town. Kristin thinks of everything, has a great recommendation for every question you're stuck on, is incredibly accommodating of all kinds of specific or random requests, and really seems to be having fun along with you throughout the process. On the wedding day, she and the rest of the WFCR staff made our vision come to life with lots of little touches to the ceremony and reception space. She even made sure we got a takeout box full of wedding cake at the end of the night :) All of our guests raved about our wedding, and we couldn't have pulled it off without Kristin. It also didn't hurt that we got amazing weather for our outdoor ceremony, so our guests could fully enjoy the gardens and a bonfire at the end of the night. Both the outdoor and indoor spaces at the Whiteface Club are really special and unique, and filling them with our loved ones made for the most wonderful day. We promise you will not be disappointed if you choose the Whiteface Club for your wedding!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Dawn · Married on 07/11/2015

The Whiteface Club and Resort was an outstandingly beautiful venue to have a garden wedding. My daughter and her husband were married under crystal blue skies among the most beautifully arranged gardens, with Whiteface Mountain and Lake Placid as the backdrop on July 11, 2015. The cocktail reception was held at the Moose Lodge Boathouse and the dinner reception for 130 in the Clubhouse. Our wedding coordinator Kristin Parker, always made us feel as if we were her only client. Kristin answered all of our emails and phone calls in a timely manner. She was very detailed and an organized professional, who worked with many of our special requests. I was planning this wedding from New Jersey, and while my daughter lived in California. It was Kristin's creative, enthusiastic, and easy going manner that really kept all the planning on course and the event itself running smoothly that day. She has great ideas and a very professional, high quality list of vendors to choose from. I can not say enough good accolades about Kristin and the Staff at Whiteface Club and Resort. The food was amazing, fresh and flavorful, with many wonderful selection combinations to choose from and price points for every budget. Like Kristin, the wait staff was friendly and professional. Our guests and family members continue to mention how much fun, magical, and beautiful the wedding was. I could not agree more. I highly recommend the Whiteface Club and Resort and Kristin Parker to anyone who is considering having their wedding in Lake Placid.

Sent on 09/03/2015
  • Faith Adams & Peter Dulany

Faith · Married on 09/27/2014

Amazing - Kristen and the event team at Whiteface Club & Resort cover every detail. Perfect wedding location - gorgeous flower garden - nice to have several venues for different events on the property.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Jaymie · Married on 08/30/2014

We got married at the Whiteface Club & Resort Labor Day weekend of 2014. Living in NYC, my husband and I knew we wanted to get married in the Adirondacks with mountain and lake views. From our very first interaction via email seeking information about the venue to our very first visit to the venue to working throughout the year with Kristen was well beyond any of our expectations. To say that this venue is absolutely stunning does not even capture how beautiful it really is. We were able to be married in the most amazing garden overlooking Whiteface Mountain and Lake Placid. Then we had our cocktail hour in the Boathouse, again overlooking Whiteface Mountain and Lake Placid. The building where we had our reception (also with mountain and lake views) was absolutely perfect. We were calling it rustic chic, as it captured the vibe of the Adirondacks perfectly and had the right amount of class we needed for our wedding. Kristen was super helpful, informative and really made it easy to coordinate our wedding from 5 1/2 hours away. Not only did she provide us with a list of amazing vendors and then provide guidance based on what we said our preference was, but she was there for us every step of the way. I contacted her A LOT during the year, and with every contact she was friendly, helpful and got me the info I needed. I was super stressed that weekend, but her and her team were great with helping us coordinate and get things perfect. I truly cannot say enough about the ease and professionalism of Kristen and her team, and the amazing beauty (as well as yummy food) of the venue!

Sent on 09/02/2015

Laura · Married on 07/12/2014

I had known for many years that my wedding would be in LP. The WFC was the last of three venues we visited, and after meeting Kristin and exploring the property, there was no question that we would have our wedding there.
    The ceremony site is second to none in the area; situated directly on the LP shore with Whiteface Mt on the horizon. Besides that, you have an amazing garden surrounding the entire area and a beautiful arbor to be married under. Even if it rains, you can have the area tented! The boathouse (cocktail hour) and Adirondack room (reception) are both very beautiful in their own right, but the beauty of the wedding garden cannot be emphasized enough.
    Besides the gorgeous setting, you have the BEST coordinator (Kristin Parker) that's ever been put on this earth. Emails were always answered within a day, often within minutes, and with straightforward and meticulous detail. If you have Kristin Parker, you do not need a wedding planner. She arranged the event down to the very last detail so that everything went off without a hitch, even when she literally gave birth a mere 72hrs before our wedding!! Although she could not be there in person, we felt like she was there the whole time. She had an amazing assistant (Callie) who was there the day before, day of, and day after our wedding making sure everything was perfect. I really have to give her credit, because ours was her very first wedding that she coordinated, and she did an incredible job. Both of these ladies deserve some type of medal.
    We were completely floored by the DELICIOUS food and professional service provided by the club. Although the price did seem high when we first started the process, you really get what you pay for and much more. Everyone told us about how they loved the venue, that the food was to die for, and that this was the best wedding they've ever been to! We had an absolute blast and loved every second. I can't recommend this venue enough for anyone wanting a perfect ADK wedding

Sent on 09/24/2014

Allie · Married on 07/05/2014

My husband and I were married at the Whiteface Club & Resort over July 4th weekend and could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and experience!

We have been coming to Lake Placid for many years, and we know there is no other venue that comes close to the WFC. In addition to the stunning setting right on Lake Placid, we received many compliments from our nearly 100 guests on the food, the beautiful and delicious cake, included in our package, and of course, Kristin Parker, their on-site wedding coordinator.

Kristin is an incredible asset to work with and it is clear that she loves her job, to make couple's wedding dreams come true! Every email, phone call, and many questions from me or my mom over 17 months was answered quickly and she is filled with great, creative ideas we hadn't even thought of. Did I also mention that Kristin was nine months pregnant at our wedding, and was still running around making sure everything was perfect! Truly dedication at the highest level.

We also planned the entire wedding long distance - without issue. We are so grateful to her for organization and planning for every scenario - though everything went exactly as planned! The wedding garden grows more beautiful every year, the moose lodge for cocktails is unbeatable, and don't skip the campfire with s'mores!

A very special place, and all of our family and friends can't wait to come back to Lake Placid and the WFC. We can't wait to be back there too, and look forward to reminiscing about our unforgettable wedding at the Whiteface Club for years to come.

Sent on 09/01/2015

From the moment I saw the fabulous wedding garden, I knew we had to get married at the Whiteface Club. Kristin and the whole team were incredibly accommodating and helpful (and patient) despite our constant questions from afar. On the day of the wedding, the garden, the boathouse and the clubhouse looked stunning. The team set up all the DIY decorations we provided and were incredibly patient with how late we ended up finishing them. Thanks to Kristin's oversight, everything ran incredibly smoothly - we didn't have any hiccups or stressful moments throughout the evening.

I also must say the food was incredible. Chef Phil set up a tasting for my mother and I to choose the menu in March (we happened to be in town for a weekend), when the kitchen isn't even usually open and we were incredibly impressed. My husband's family is Indian and Chef Phil did a tasting with my mother-in-law to get the level of spice right in the tofu curry the day before the wedding - which his family really appreciated. Everything we had was just delicious.

Our guests are still all raving about the wedding - and that is in large part to everyone at the Whiteface Club who went out of their way with a smile to help us get everything perfect. I would highly recommend the Whiteface Club to any bride looking to get married in the Adirondacks!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Amazing wedding at WC&R. What sets this venue apart from the rest is the personalized and amazing service provided by Kristin Parker, Wedding Coordinator. Also, the AMAZING views of the Lake and Whiteface Mountain.

Kristin was flexible with us and worked with us from the moment she met us a year before the wedding to make the day perfect. I was cool and calm knowing we were in good hands and that the day would turn out exactly as we planned- and it did. It also helped that we had the most gorgeous sunny day!

People are still talking about what a unique and fun location it was --- wouldn't have done anything different! Thank you Kristin and WFC&R!!!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Caitlyn · Married on 04/19/2013

My husband and I were married at the Whiteface Club & Resort on 10/15/2016. I can say without a doubt, choosing WFCR for our wedding was hands down, the absolute best choice we could have made. From the first moment I stepped on the grounds, I got this "pinch me" feeling about how special a space it is. I can't say enough about Kristin Parker. She is an absolute joy to work with. Despite the fact that she is obviously a very busy woman, I ALWAYS felt as though I was her priority. She has become a true friend I was glad to have by my side on our wedding day. Kristin and the staff all went above and beyond to make the day perfect for us -- including all of our friends and family. Several guests have told us in the days since the wedding that it was one of the best they've ever attended! The weather for our day was picture perfect, but even if it hadn't been, the day would have been beautiful in the gorgeous setting that Lake Placid provides. If you want a picture perfect wedding experience from beginning to end look no further than the Whiteface Club!!

Sent on 10/20/2016

We planned our wedding from a distance with ease. Kristin was absolutely amazing! She was tremendous during the planning stages and was with us throughout the rehearsal, wedding and reception. She kept us calm throughout the entire process and on our wedding day, and made sure that every last detail was taken care of. We could not imagine having our wedding without her! The wedding garden was gorgeous and in full bloom. Our guests are still talking about the view. The Adirondack dining room was a great space, and we received many compliments from our guests about the delicious food. The staff were very friendly and attentive to our guests. They were also very accommodating to the bride's food allergy. Many of our guests have told us that this is the absolutely best wedding they have ever attended! We highly recommend the Whiteface Club!

Sent on 09/19/2012

My husband and I fell in love with the Whiteface Club and Resort the moment we stepped foot on the property. The garden is stunning, and Whiteface Mountain makes the perfect backdrop for your ceremony. The Boathouse is literally steps away from the garden and allows your guests to move on to the cocktail hour easily and enjoy the fantastic views. The Clubhouse is so beautifully decorated that I didn't feel the need to add much extra decoration aside from the centerpieces. But aside from the venue itself, Kristin and her staff are beyond excellent!! I was planning my wedding from western Canada and had a million questions.....Kristin answered every single one promptly and invited me to phone her if I needed clarification. She was also there on the day of the wedding to queue my bridal party during the ceremony, made sure Greg and I got a plate of hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour, and kept the rest of the night running smoothly. The chef whipped up amazing meals for our guests and the cake was to die for!!! You simply can't go wrong having your wedding at the Whiteface Club and Resort!!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Lois · Married on 08/04/2012

Kristin the wedding planner at Whiteface Club and Resort was extremely helpful both before the wedding and during it. As mother of the groom Kristin helped me plan the rehearsal dinner which was in the Adirondack Cafe. I am very thankful to Kristin for all she did to help me. The setting and the food were excellent. I highly recommend the Whiteface Club and Resort.

Sent on 09/30/2012