Whiteface Club & Resort Reviews

Whiteface Club & Resort 5
Whiteface Club & Resort 6
Whiteface Club & Resort 7

Diana · Married on 08/12/2017

Honestly I have no invested reason to praise them this highly other than they deserve it! Incredible venue, only surpassed by the quality of the staff. Top to bottom each person and detail exceeded my very high expectations!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Jay · Married on 08/12/2017

I never write reviews for anything, but our experience with Kristin and the Whiteface Club was amazing. They went above and beyond on everything for us, from the surprise wooden boat rides to our amazing cake, everything exceeded our expectations. We couldn't have asked for a better weekend or wedding location, honestly.

Sent on 08/24/2017

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I just got married on 8/12, and I feel I could go on forever about how every detail was literally perfect. To say we had the wedding of our dreams feels like the understatement of the century, and we have Kristin Parker & the staff at the Whiteface Club & Resort to thank for exceeding ALL of our expectations in every way possible. Kristin Parker is SO much more than a wedding coordinator. She is a full wedding planner with impeccable taste & unparalleled knowledge about all the best vendors for any price point in literally every category based on exactly what you are looking for to realize your dream wedding. From day one, she made me feel like I was the only wedding on her plate for the year, despite actually having at least one wedding almost every week from the time we booked back in Jan. We encouraged our guests to stay on the WFC property & planned all of our activities there from Thur-Sun. We couldn't have made a better choice. Our guests LOVED (and can't stop talking about!) the convenience & being able to take advantage of all the Resort has to offer. Our rehearsal dinner at the Boathouse was an absolute dream, including a surprise trip out on the Lake in their new wooden boat with cocktails and a spread of appetizers to die for. The wedding garden the next day with pristine Lake Placid in the background was the most magical setting on earth for our wedding, and despite some hecticness with a few sudden rain showers, Kristin and the staff helped us all stay calm, seeing to every detail so we didn't have to worry about a single thing. The food and drinks couldn't have been better, the venue couldn't have been more beautiful and Kristin and her team truly couldn't have done a better job pulling off the most magical wedding we could possibly imagine. Thank you Kristin, Mark and all of WFC for everything you did to give Jay & me the absolute BEST wedding & most special weekend of our lives - it truly exceeded even our wildest dreams!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

As a bridesmaid for a wedding on August 12th this year, I can say without a doubt that Laura's wedding at the Whiteface Club and Resort was absolute perfection. I've been to Lake Placid before, but never to Whiteface. It was so special to be a part of Laura's wedding in such a stunning and breathtaking place - what a venue! Everything was beautifully appointed and close by. The cocktails and delicious hors d'oeuvres and dinner menus were all impeccably done, and the staff was so attentive, making all of the events for over 200 guests somehow feel completely effortless. Kristin Parker and her team did a great job!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Alexa · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I had our wedding here on July 15, 2017. It was absolutely amazing! The venue is beautiful, the service is great and we highly recommend the staff at Whiteface Club, particularly our wedding planner Kristin. She is professional, quick to respond and helped us throughout, with finding vendors and making decisions about our day. She really knows what she is doing and made the day so special. We highly recommend Whiteface Club to anyone considering getting married in the Adirondacks.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Dana · Married on 06/24/2017

Our daughter's wedding on June 24, 2017 was every parent's dream come true. The Whiteface Club and Resort is an absolutely magical venue for a wedding ceremony and reception. The wedding garden was in full bloom which made the lakeside setting even more beautiful! Kristin is the most amazing event planner - she helped us with every aspect of the planning from providing us with vendor contacts to offering personal ideas. She was always available to answer any questions we had. The Bride and Groom were overjoyed. The day was beautiful, the food fantastic, the staff gracious and helpful. Our guests are still raving about the day!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2017

Wow! What a day. Our wedding was everything we could have hoped it to be, and Kristen and her wonderful team at the Whiteface Club & Resort collaborated seamlessly to make it happen. As with most weddings, the planning started months in advance, and though we planned the wedding long distance, it felt easy and stress-free.

By the time the big day came, everything was perfectly in place. The day of the wedding is busy, and Kristen helped to move us through the different phases so that we could get all the right pictures and were in the right places for the toasts and dances. Very helpful! The venue looked stunning, and our friends and family had a wonderful time, with many guests stating it was one of the best/nicest weddings they had attended. All in all, a perfect day. Wish we could do it all over again! Thanks so much!

Sent on 08/19/2017

Alena · Married on 06/23/2017

Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Kristin and the rest of the staff at Whiteface Club and Resort. Our guests are still telling us about how beautiful the venue was, how helpful the staff was, and how flawless everything went off, and that is all due to Kristin's hard work and attention to detail. She was so willing to work within our budget, and you'd never even know we had a tight budget. The food was amazing, the service was great, and Kristin was always one step ahead. I wish I could relive my wedding day for many reasons, but a lot of that is because of the absolutely amazing venue we chose. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/28/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/19/2017

Perfection. That is the best way to describe our wedding at Whiteface Club & Resort. We were married in May 2017 and could not have asked for a better location to start the rest of our lives together. Living out of state, Lake Placid is our favorite place and we knew it would be a wonderful location for our family and friends to share our special day. We looked at several sites in the area and Whiteface Club & Resort left us speechless! The grounds are impeccable, the food is stellar and the views breathtaking! We had a small ceremony in the wedding garden and cocktail reception in the Boathouse. The Boathouse fireplace kept guests comfortable and cozy with panoramic views of the Adirondacks on all sides of the room. Kristin, the wedding coordinator, is like a fairy godmother and it was just wonderful to have a wedding coordinator right at the venue so we didn't have to hire someone and could use that extra money for the ceremony. She made everything so special for us. It rained the morning of our wedding day, but Kristin was so upbeat and updated us on the weather, reassuring us the storms would pass. She was right! At the time of our ceremony the clouds departed and it was glorious! She helped me with my gown as I prepared to walk down the aisle and she was truly so excited and happy for us! We just love Kristin and all that she did to make our wedding day so very special! We are honored to have shared our day with her and the team at Whiteface Club & Resort. For couples looking to get married in Lake Placid and the Adirondacks, do not waste your time looking at other venues! Kristin and Whiteface Club & Resort will not disappoint you! Thank you Kristin for being so awesome and giving us a wedding day that was truly perfect!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Cait · Married on 01/07/2017

We just got married here on January 7, 2017 and it was the most perfect day!
    I have a lot of good things to say, but I’ll start with Kristin Parker, the on-site event coordinator. She’s the most organized, detail-oriented, knowledgable person… yet she’s incredibly calm, down-to-earth, and kind! I’m a very specific person and emailed her A LOT during the course of a year when we planned our wedding. She was so communicative and offered incredible guidance and truly helped us bring our dream day to life! She really went above and beyond on our big day too, keeping everything running smoothly and especially going out of her way and helping us diffuse a stressful situation with our shuttle. I feel like she’s not only someone who played a huge role in our wedding, but someone who has become a friend.
    We also got tons of compliments on the food here! This doesn’t happen at a lot of weddings, and we had a big wedding with a lot of “wedding vets” (our friends in their late 20s and early 30s who have been to countless weddings in the past few years AND family/friends who are older and have been to many weddings in their lifetime) and people from the NYC area (“foodies”). Everyone was raving about the food, and my husband and I agreed. The steak was juicy, the chicken was seasoned perfectly, and the vegetarians in our group also had great things to say.
    We also had a lot of friends/family tell us that it was the most incredible and unique venue they had ever been to—there are views of Whiteface Mountain, it’s ON the shores of Lake Placid, and has an unparalleled ADK charm, both inside and out.
    Our wedding took place on the perfect snowy, wintry day, and Kristin and the staff at WFC really worked hard to make a lot of winter wedding details come to life. We had horse-drawn sleigh rides, spiked hot chocolate for signature drinks, and tons of little details and signage that they helped us bring to life!
    Thank you guys so much for everything! We can’t wait to visit!

Sent on 01/14/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/29/2016

We got married on October 29, 2016 at Whiteface Club & Resort and couldn’t be happier with our decision. BEST DAY EVER!! I have always dreamt of a fairly tale wedding and Kristin, the staff and the venue delivered on our every wish. After the tour and booking the venue, we had 6 short weeks to plan our dream wedding. Kristin made it feel stress free by helping answer all our questions which we threw at her day and night. She never ceased to amaze us with her help, patience and understanding of our vision for the perfect wedding day, not only for us, but our family and friends also.

We were planning for an outdoor ceremony at the end of October and the weather was a definite concern. We arrived at the venue a day before the wedding, and rain was in the forecast. Kristen went over all of our options with us in case the weather forced us to have an indoor ceremony. The gardeners were prepared, the boathouse was set up in case of heavy rain, and the outside was also ready to go so we could make a last minute decision with little to no worry. Both options were beautiful, however Kristen was determined to have the ceremony outside like we wanted. Although we thought that the rain was our worst fear, it turned out to be an amazing memory. The pictures with everyone holding a matching umbrella were unique and priceless. We wouldn’t have had it any other way. Kristen and the staff are truly prepared for anything so you can enjoy your special day.

It meant the world to us that our family, friends, and vendors felt at home at the Whiteface Club & Resort from the moment they arrived. None of us wanted the night to end, it was truly magical. I don’t feel as if this review would be complete without mentioning the beautiful gardens, exquisite scenery (rain, snow or shine) and wonderful staff, including Kristin who was more like a close friend helping to plan our special day.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/22/2016

Book it! The venue, wedding coordinator and the owner are absolutely amazing!

Our wedding at the Whiteface Club & Resort was absolutely magical. From day one we were sold on the venue's rustic Adirondack feel, and it's amazing location on Lake Placid. We planned our wedding for October, hoping for the best, as we wanted to have our ceremony outside in their incredible gardens by the lake. A few days before the wedding, we realized that the weather wasn't going in our favor. It only took a quick call to Kristin, the wedding coordinator who works for the venue, to figured out a plan B. It snowed 5 inches on our wedding day, and it couldn't have been more magical and cozy. Our guests had a blast and enjoyed a fire roaring in the fireplace, amazing food and marveled over the birch cake.

Kristin was such a great help, and helped our day go seamlessly from the ceremony to the last dance.

I would recommend this venue to anyone in a heart beat.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Ron · Married on 10/09/2016

My wife and I recently held our daughter's wedding reception at the Whiteface Club and Resort. This is a special day for sure, and you want everything to be perfect. Well, it was. The venue is incredibly beautiful, but our wedding coordinator and her staff made sure the event was flawless. The preplanning, insight, and professionalism is obvious from the moment you make your commitment. We are still hearing from our many guests how wonderful everything was. Kristin Parker, events coordinator, added several touches that showed she would go the extra mile, and exceed our expectations . What a day it was

Sent on 10/20/2016

Josh · Married on 10/01/2016

I’m a fellow disc jockey that DJs throughout New England for various events. During the wedding seasons I have the pleasure of working at some of New England’s most beautiful venues. To say the least, my experience DJing at Whiteface Club and Resort was very enjoyable. Whiteface Club and Resort has a gorgeous atmosphere, incredible view of the Adirondack mountains, and the resort’s campus allows an enjoyable walk along their vast golf course, scenic waterfront, and breathtaking flower garden. Throughout the evening the staff had great communication, and went the extra mile to deliver exceptional customer service. It was a pleasure working there, and I would recommend Whiteface Club and Resort for anyone who is interested in getting married in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.

Respectfully,

Josh Kerman
    www.KermiTT.com

Sent on 10/03/2016

Brittni · Married on 10/01/2016

Our wedding was perfect in every way! Kristin and the staff at the Whiteface Club and Resort work so hard to make your day the best it can be. I would recommend WFCR to everyone. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Julie · Married on 09/25/2016

Quite simply, our wedding at Whiteface Club and Resort was pure magic. How to put into words? The scenery, the setting, the gardens... all simply breathtaking. We and all of our guests were all equally astounded by the beauty and utter perfection of the setting. And what can be said about Kristin and the staff? Again, how to put into words?! As I said to Kristin many times throughout, I was just so thankful that she was the one to be there just before walking down the aisle, guiding and coordinating the day. She genuinely loves her job and is sincerely moved and invested in the beauty and magic of your day. Even though she has clearly seen so many weddings, you get the feeling that your one special day is special to her too. Quite remarkable. Our wedding was a dream in every way. If only we could do it again next year!

Two tips I would offer. f you are planning to DIY flowers, I'd recommend having a conversation with Kristin weeks in advance to figure out the logistics of how that happens on the actual day. All went great, and ultimately, as always, Kristin and her staff made it happen, but I was definitely confused and unclear about how it was all going down day of. Didn't take more than a few moments away from the otherwise magical and smooth events, but, for future couples, definitely worth a heads up so even that piece can go as smooth as all else. Same with DIY transportation. If you are planning to have your guests drive themselves to the clubhouse and/or ceremony site, might be worth putting up signage as we eventually did. Most couples arrange for transportation to the site, so, not necessary. For us, we had our guests drive themselves there which worked great for the most part. We did have a few folks who missed the ceremony rehearsal cause some of the turns aren't that clearly marked. Again, not a big deal, easily handled, but, if you can get a heads up, worth taking care of ahead of time.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Meg · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I knew from getting engaged in Lake Placid on Whiteface that there was no other place we could possibly get married. With tons of venues in the area, we didn't know where to start when we began sourcing them. We initially liked some of them but wasn't as impressed with their wedding coordinators and that left us looking for other places. When we went to WCR and met with Kristin - we immediately knew that was were we were going to get married! And a month after our wedding, I can say that our attendees had the best time with many saying it was the best wedding they have ever attended. From the picturesque mountains and gardens that line the venue - it is the perfect backdrop for your wedding day. The team is very accommodating on your ideas and always trying to make what you want for your day happen. Kristin is always available for questions that come up in the planning process. I don't think throughout the entire planning stage that we couldn't do something that we thought of. The boat ride to the cocktail hour was a big hit with our guests! We can honestly say this was the best day and that Kristin and her team will work hard to make your wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Greer · Married on 09/18/2016

Chris and I got married at the Whiteface Club at the beginning of October. We heard of the club's remarkable work at making 'one of a kind' and 'perfect' weddings so we decided to get a tour; we booked before the end. That being said, Kristin and the entire staff at the club totally blew us away, exceeded our every expectation, and topped it all off with a million and one surprises! Their dedication to details and seamless execution came through in every aspect of our special day. You start with the picture perfect venue… award winning gardens and views of Whiteface Mountain on Lake Placid tied with the boathouse, and the rustic yet elegant Adirondack clubhouse. Kristin Parker is more of a wedding 'fairy godmother' over wedding planner who ensures your wedding day is fairy tale perfect. Chef Matthew Baldwin sat with us and our families to plan out a custom menu (we ended up with tuna wontons, butternut squash and asiago risotto balls, duck confit spanakopita, a duet of crab cakes and braised short ribs – all so delicious). The entire team was professional, efficient, and clearly loves what they do. With so many options to couples, it can get overwhelming to pick, however, at the Whiteface Club should not be missed. We truly cannot thank everyone at the club for making our wedding absolutely perfect in every way!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Keli · Married on 09/10/2016

My husband and I don't quite know how to put into words our sincere appreciation and gratitude for Kristin Parker and staff. When you plan a destination wedding, you are more often than not selecting a venue for the setting more so than the food and services provided. However, when we chose The Whiteface Club & Resort, we got more than we could have asked for or imagined. From the first contact with Kristin Parker, it was obvious she loved what she did and was extremely conscientious in her role as a wedding planner. She was easily reached via phone and/or email and was very helpful in suggesting other vendors that would work well with us. Not only did she recommend these amazing wedding professionals, but also coordinated with them in the weeks leading up to the event as well as throughout the day itself so as to take the pressure and stress off of my husband and me. She attended to every detail on our wedding day and kept everything running according to schedule. She even went so far as to send a staff member to a local house under construction to request the workers take a 20-minute break from making noise so as not to disturb our ceremony. This attitude of hospitality and service was embodied in all of the staff. Our wedding was truly magical, from the wedding ceremony in the magnificent gardens on Lake Placid with the majestic Whiteface Mountain towering in the background, to the beautiful cocktail hour at the boathouse, and the incredible food served during both the cocktail hour and reception. Our guests haven’t stopped talking about it. Getting married at The Whiteface Club & Resort is more than just getting married on Lake Placid; it’s like walking into a fairytale, where you are the prince and princess in this beautiful land where everyone smiles and attends to your every need. Kristin is more than a wedding planner; she’s a friend. Thank you all so very much for making this special day more than we could have ever dreamed it could be.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Nikki · Married on 09/04/2016

Kristin Parker is FAB-U-LOUS!! She was always so easily accessible and always responded to every need in a MORE than timely manner. I don't know how she does it, but she works miracles. She has such a calming presence and her experience is above all others. She went out of her way on more than one occasion to make sure every detail was exactly what we wanted. To say she is accommodating is a complete understatement. With her help our wedding day was absolutely perfect! She guided us every step of the way from the day we chose Whiteface Club & Resort as our destination wedding up until we left the wedding reception. I am of the firm belief there is no better place to get married and nobody better equipped to take care of you and your wedding plans than Kristin Parker and the staff at WFC. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE!!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Andrea · Married on 08/27/2016

We definitely recommend that you book your wedding with the Whiteface Club and Resort!! The venue is absolutely stunning, the wait, bar, and kitchen staff are incredible - and Kristin Parker who is the events coordinator is absolutely amazing at her job and a pleasure to work with! She cares so much about the details of every single wedding and making sure that the bride and groom have the most perfect wedding day from the day you sign the contract all the way through. We could not be happier that we were fortunate enough to have our wedding at WFCR and work with Kristin and her team. We were married in the most picturesque place on earth - the mountains are of course beautiful, and the gardens maintained by WFCR truly take your breath away. On top of that the venues (ceremony lawn, boathouse, and reception hall) are perfect, the food was great, and there is a really awesome bar selection! It is a great feeling to look back on our wedding day without a single regret or bad memory - it was everything we could have imagined it to be and so much more. Don't drag your feet on deciding to book this venue because dates fill up quickly - you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/22/2016

Megan · Married on 08/13/2016

We couldn't have imagined a better place to get married. From the day you contact Kristen (wedding coordinator and resident angel.. more later!), you get personalized attention to create the day of your dreams, you never feel like a number like some other resorts. When we first visited, it was snowing, so we couldn't see how gorgeous the gardens are during their peak. But, we did see a couple who had been married 3 years prior at the resort coming back to visit and racing to hug staff members. It just reaffirmed how special this place was, that you are a part of their family. Needless to say we fell in love. From there, Kristin didn't disappear. She didn't just sell us on the place, she was our wedding coordinator and day of angel. We could call or text her any time and she gave us her honest opinion. It was just so natural, feeling like that friend you've known forever. Basically, a bride's dream! Fast forward to the day of the wedding, the weather outlook wasn't so hot. But, Kristin re-assured us that everything would be alright. And it was, we had 30 mins of non-rain to get the ceremony in and it was incredible. Then we shuttled everyone up to the club house, rather then the boat house as originally planned, for cocktails. The team at WCR made it perfect! There was even our beer canoe on the patio. O and the food... it was amazing! The steak was perfectly cooked at medium for everyone I talked to and the veggie dish was a winner! By the end of the night, everyone had danced, eaten and drank their hearts out, helping us to make it a day we will never forget. Kristin and the Club is to thank for that. I can't wait to visit, like the couple we ran into, over the years and to relive the magic they created for us.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/06/2016

The Whiteface Club & Resort is one of the most beautiful venues I've ever seen. They are very flexible with package options and have many wonderful spaces available for a wedding. But most of all, their venue/event coordinator Kristin was absolutely amazing to work with. She was on top of everything, quickly answering every random email, providing helpful reminders of what she needed from us, and ensuring the wedding day itself went off without a hitch. It was hands down the best day of our lives, and much of the credit is due to Kristin and the rest of the team at Whiteface Club & Resort. Can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Susan · Married on 07/25/2016

I cannot imagine a more beautiful venue. Food was delicious, Kristen Parker and her staff could not possibly have been more attentive and helpful. We got married the day after the Ironman and they were extremely flexible about holding the rehearsal early so that it wouldn't interfere with the race.. All my guests kept saying they had never been to such a beautiful wedding and I have to agree!!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/17/2016

My husband and I got married at the Whiteface Club and resort on July 17, 2016. We had an 11am ceremony in the garden followed by brunch in the Adirondack Lodge. Everything turned out wonderful. The brunch buffet was delicious and the best part was how Kristin helped us work with the GM on getting the best bang for our buck. We really appreciated Kristin and it felt like she was always working to get us the best and she truly became one of our friends through this process. We highly recommend having Kristin plan your wedding at the Whiteface Club and Resort.

Sent on 08/08/2016