White Raven Wedding & Event Center Reviews

56 | Alberton, MT

56 Reviews for White Raven Wedding & Event Center

Claire · Married on 05/14/2017

We had the best experience with White Raven! Ashlie and Ryan provided excellent guidance throughout the event, and they are wonderful day of coordinators! We always felt like we had options and contingency plans for the weather. The modern Montana-chic vibe was beautiful, and White Raven's floorplan is exceptional, especially the unique veranda/dance floor (which kept music levels comfortable for both the dancers and the conversational folks). The ceremony setting was very intimate and beautiful. Scenic views abound in all directions from the venue. Our guests particularly loved details like the firepit and had a great time exploring the property. I truly felt like I had the perfect May Wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 04/24/2017

We absolutely loved White Raven Wedding & Event Center. The venue and ceremony sites are beautiful and made for some amazing photographs. Ryan and Ashlie were great to work with, very accommodating to our needs and always very helpful. We have recommended this venue to many of our friends looking for venues and would encourage anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor venue.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Sarah B. · Married on 05/16/2021

A joy to work with

White Raven is owned and operated by a couple who make planning a wedding a breeze. My husband and I always felt like they were working to make sure our wedding day went as smoothly as possible. They are incredibly accommodating and never responded to any of our ideas or plans with negativity. Instead, they are willing to help you and ease your planning stress. The space itself is gorgeous and needs no decorating if you decide to go for a simple aesthetic. It is beautifully landscaped and has the perfect dance floor. Although the property is large, it feels intimate. Our guests absolutely loved it. We also rented out both guest houses - the perfect places to get ready and stay the night. They are clean and updated, with plenty of room. We could not be more happy with our choice to get married at White Raven.

Sent on 06/03/2021

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Thank you so, so much Sarah! We are so happy you had a great wedding with us, and love seeing all the photos you've shared. Wishing you and Jonah all the best!

Brittney · Married on 06/25/2017

My husband and I toured the White Raven property last summer, before the building was even finished, and we knew immediately that this was our place. The location is stunningly beautiful - mountainous, natural yet well-groomed, with a variety of gorgeous spots to take photographs. The reception hall is spacious and elegant, as well as clean and high quality, with plenty of room for getting ready, for prepping food, for dinner, and for dancing. The entire venue is uniquely stylized with a rustic feel, and was so beautiful already that we hardly had to supply any other decorations. As far as value, White Raven is unmatched. Their wedding package is incredibly inclusive - linens, chairs for both the ceremony site and inside, use of the catering food and fire pit, sound system (we didn't need to hire a DJ, just plugged in a Spotify playlist from my phone), and ample parking space. Ashlie and Ryan were incredibly helpful throughout the entire process, and were more than willing to go above and beyond to provide us with whatever we needed to make our day special. Our wedding was a dream come true and having this venue made it that much more perfect. I would highly recommend White Raven to anyone having a wedding, but would advise you to book ASAP - I don't imagine summer dates with last long!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Elke · Married on 07/20/2018

This is a gorgeous venue, well equiped, and amazing design taste. Traffic control was taken care of by Ryan, the owner, thank goodness ! The shuttle was awesome. The honeymoon cabin and guest house were perfect for our family to stay on site. A perfect montana experience for out of town guests. My only wish was that check out time wasn't so early. 9 a.m. was a bit rushed for 12 people, after such a late night of party fun and the bride and groom didnt really get to enjoy their cabin for much time. This venue is sure to be one of the most sought after locations. Im sure with their success they will add more staff and hopefully Ashlie will have more hands, so room turnover can be a bit later. Its a good problem when guests don't want to leave!
    Elke

Sent on 08/06/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/15/2020

Unprofessional and rude

I was so excited about getting married at White Raven! However, I had the unfortunate experience of trying to work with White Raven through the COVID-19 pandemic.
    I wouldn't recommend working with a venue who values their profits so much that they ignore a global pandemic which is killing thousands of Americans. I initially reached out to the venue to see what my options would be to reschedule. This is the response I received, "We are a very popular venue and unfortunately we have a completely full schedule for almost our entire season". When it was clear that I was not going to be able to ask my family and friends to put themselves and their relatives at risk to come to my wedding , nor would I be able to reschedule during the one weekend they had available, I asked White Raven for a portion of the deposit back, to which they responded,"The CDC guideline that we are still following is for gatherings of 50+ people, and is only a recommendation, and this expires on May 8th. We as the venue are currently not under any directives to close down and we did not cancel your event. This was your choice." Not only are they not up to date on health recommendations and willing to put their community at risk, but they are extremely unprofessional in their communication. The bottom line is that if you have any sort of personal emergency or there is a local emergency, they will not work with you to try to come up with a solution. I was already grieving the loss of our one meticulously planned wedding day, but having to deal with White Raven's awful attitude was truly devastating.

Sent on 04/13/2020

White Raven Wedding & Event Center's reply:

Hi Sarah,

We are sorry to hear that you felt that our handling of the COVID-19 situation in regard to your May 2020 event was rude and unprofessional. We feel that, as a venue, we did as much as we could for you and your situation. I would suggest that anyone who reads this review reads the complete emails that we had written to Sarah, so you do not take things out of context.
    Email dated March 18th, 2020 (the first week into this crisis)
    "Hi Sarah,
    Yes the world does seem to be going a bit insane right now! We have been advising all of our clients that have inquired, that we feel the best thing to do right now is wait (at least until the first week of April). We are still a long way out (8 weeks or more) from our Spring events and as we have seen a lot can change in a week or two. As far as your options for a worst case scenario go; you can obviously host your event on the date you've been planning (we would advise you to make appropriate decisions and recommendations when it comes to those individuals who should/should not attend, giving extra consideration to those individuals most at risk). Or you can postpone to a later date within a year per your contract. We are a very popular venue and unfortunately we have a completely full schedule for almost our entire season. The only current open dates are the last two weekends of October, any time in December or January, or you could move all the way out to next April or early May of 2021. If you are interested in exact open dates let us know and we can send over a list of the current availability. Lastly, you could always cancel completely (we obviously think this is ridiculous, but it is an option).
    We are very optimistic that things are going to get back to normal (hopefully sooner than later), we have already started 30 day walk through's with some of our first of May couples and they are all still going forward with their events on schedule. Definitely keep us posted on your plans and at the very least please check back in with us the first week of April and let us know how you are doing.
    All of this is so crazy and we are sorry that you are caught up in it.
    In the meantime, we are hard at work getting the Raven prepped and ready for all of these awesome upcoming events!
    With love,
    -Ryan & Ashlie"

Email dated April 2nd, 2020
    "Hi Sarah,

You’re welcome about the cabins. But unfortunately no, we cannot give any refunds on deposits for the venue. The cabins and the venue have different cancellation policies. It is listed on your venue contract that all deposits are non-refundable should the client choose to cancel their event. What we have as an option in our contract is to cancel and re-book the venue with us at a later alternate date. Your deposit would then have been credited to the new date. We gave you options to move your date and you declined. I’m sorry, but that is the situation we are all in right now. If you change your mind and decide you would like to re-book, let us know. We could walk you through what that process would be.

Of note, the CDC guideline that we are still following is for gatherings of 50+ people, and is only a recommendation, and this expires on May 8th. Your event was scheduled on May 15th, a week after this guideline expires. We as the venue are currently not under any directives to close down and we did not cancel your event. This was your choice."

We would also like to take a second to point out what is true in her review and this situation.
    1. Yes, it is true that we are a very popular venue and because of this we had a completely booked calendar for 2020 already in place before March. We mentioned this fact to you, to help you see that we did not have many options to provide in terms of a change of date. We didn’t mean this in a hurtful way, we needed you to see that there was no possibility for moving to a Friday or Saturday later in the season. We are only able to host one event at a time, and I’m sorry that every possible date through October 22nd of 2020 was already booked. We did offer you every single alternate date that we could, these included what we had left open at the end of October, any date in December, any date in January, and several open dates in April and May of 2021. As anyone can see, we gave you many options.
    2. It is also true that the only recommendation that we in Montana and the rest of the country are currently under, that nears your scheduled date, is the recommendation from the CDC to prohibit any events over 50 people, and it is also true that this expires on May 8th. Your date was scheduled outside of this recommendation. You mentioned that we are not up to date with the current directives, so please tell me what we are missing here. (this is dated April 13th, 2020).
    3. It is also true that you asked if you would lose all of your deposit if you decided to cancel. We were simply reminding you of the stipulations in the contract that we both agreed upon and signed when you originally booked with us. We also needed to point out the fact that we did not choose to cancel your event, that this was completely your choosing. We would have greatly understood your reasoning for postponing your event, we do greatly understand the gravity of the situation and how truly devastating this is, especially for our May couples. This is why we gave you options to postpone. Per our contract, we would have transferred any and all payments to a new date. We wanted you to postpone, we even said in our email that we thought it would be ridiculous to cancel. Since your decision, we have been in great communication with our other May and June couples and have successfully postponed their events. Please understand that at no point during our communication with you about your options, were we thinking about profits. In fact, because you decided to cancel, we paid you money back for cabins that were no longer going to be used, and we paid you back for patio heaters that we no longer going to be used. And we lost 50% of your venue fee that we would have received should you have postponed. We lost money because you decided to cancel. This is in no way a benefit to us. We are a small business run by my husband and I. We have two small children. We are as much affected by this situation as you are, and it hurts us deeply that you chose to write this and defile our attempts to help you in a situation where none of us were at fault.

Please help me understand what we could have done better. We are at a loss.
    -Ashlie and Ryan, White Raven