White Pines Resort Weddings Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Victoria G. Getting married on 12/10/2021

Beautiful outdoor venue and kind, professional owner

We had the pleasure of working with Beth to plan our ceremony and reception at White Pines. She was so professional, had answers to every question, and lots of amazing ideas based on so many decades of experience running weddings at White Pines. The wedding canyon is BEAUTIFUL, perfect for anyone wanting an outdoor ceremony. The price is affordable (especially compared with Chicago locations- you can't beat it) and the staff is experienced and professional. You can have a whole weekend with cabins, campfires, and cookouts- highly recommend this experience for Chicago and Illinois couples!

White Pines Resort Weddings's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful comments. It was a pleasure working with both of you. Best of luck to you and Kate.
  • Maeva
    Maeva K. Married on 01/04/2020

Dream Wedding because of White Pines!

We had our wedding in April there of 2019, Beth was great to work with, took criticism well and did not hesitate to do her best to fulfill every request given. Even if she could not she always did her best to find the best alternative. The scenery here, even in April is amazing. We had cold conditions with no leaves on the trees and we still had amazing photos. The food was fantastic - even with the limited choices we loved everything they had and we had a hard time choosing exactly what we wanted since every plate was delicious! And honestly their wedding packages are very affordable as we looked at other venues and theirs was definitely the best ! I recommend this place 100%

White Pines Resort Weddings's reply:

Thanks to you and Jared for your kind words. It's almost anniversary time.. how did a year fly by already? Come visit us for your anniversary!!!!
    Emilie C. Married on 10/17/2019

Fall Wedding at Wedding Canyon

We had an outdoor reception in the Emerald Aisle. It was absolutely beautiful. We are Jewish so we asked for many special requests and they were so accommodating and flexible. Great, talented staff that are super invested in ensuring it is the most special day. On top of this great service, their honeymoon cabins are absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect ending to an amazing day.

White Pines Resort Weddings's reply:

Emilie, thanks so much for writing a review. We sincerely appeciate it. Our entire staff loved your reception. Seeing all your amazing dances and traditions was such a treat for all of us.
    Jessica W. Married on 10/13/2019

Excellent!

White Pines Weddings was great to work with!! Beth was very professional from the beginning and was super accommodating for my husband who is in a wheelchair. They went out of their way to put us in a cabin that was suitable for his chair and gave us an upgrade when she realized we wouldn’t be able to get him into the honeymoon cabin. The food was excellent and there was plenty to go around. All of our guests said that the venue was gorgeous and enjoyed themselves immensely! The only downfall that we came across was the following morning they were not expecting a large group for breakfast. My husbands family stayed overnight and they didn’t have enough staff to accommodate us right away. They did the best they could but there were still long waits for food. Overall the experience was outstanding and we can’t wait to return again!

White Pines Resort Weddings's reply:

Everyone here at White Pines loved your wedding. The staff is still talking about the buffalo check table runners. I sincerely apologize that we were under staffed for your breakfast group and I thank you for being honest and letting us know. Best of luck to you and Seth.
    Brittany S. Married on 06/01/2019

White pines

We had such an amazing experience at Whitepines. The venue and staff are genuinely one of a kind and We couldn’t have asked for a better team to work with. We would 100% pick Whitepines over and over again!

Brittany & Austin,
    It was such fun getting to know you and your families. Loved working with you all and seeing your dreams come true. We wish you a lifetime of happiness.
  • Tasha
    Tasha D. Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Experience

We had an amazing experience for our wedding. The new owner Becca is very professional, and did everything to make our day special. I recommend this for a wedding venue over another because, everyone who works here doesn't miss a beat to make your wedding day beautiful.

White Pines Resort Weddings's reply:

Tasha & Jamie it was our pleasure to host your wedding. Everyone loved your choral color theme with the tan. We show off the photos all the time!! Thanks, Beth & Becca
  • John
    John M. Married on 03/30/2019

Perfect , flawless

We had our wedding on March 30, 2019. It was perfect. When we say perfect , WE MEAN IT!!! Beth and the entire White Pines Wedding Staff accommodated our every need. Beth made the entire wedding planning process very smooth and easy. We had checked around at other facilities also before making our decision and we thought White Pines offered the best wedding packages at a reasonable price. Beth and the staff stayed in contact with us throughout the entire process as our big day grew closer. The appetizers, main course and desserts were perfect and tasted great. They have a professional chief that prepared everything. Our wedding was held at The Cedar Stone. The building was beautiful and went perfect with our rustic theme wedding. You can’t go wrong having you’re special day with White Pines Weddings. We recommend it , Thanks again Beth and Staff ,sincerely John & Christa. Oh 1 last thing, We’d recommend adding the open bar too as we did, everyone’s happy lol

John & Christa,
    It was a pleasure working with and getting to know you through the whole wedding process. Thanks for all your awesome and kind words. Come see us:)
    Tabbetha C. Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing people and an amazing place

Nothing but pure bliss. The entire process to get married was a breeze. The site is gorgeous, the food amazing (The roast beef is divine!) and the people who run it some of the nicest people I've ever met. They where incredibly flexible and understanding with us, and made sure we felt more like family than anything else. I would never in my life want to get married anywhere else but here. If you want someone to do a good deal of planning so you can relax, I recommend this 100 times over. No place could be better than this location.
    Brittney K. Married on 09/22/2018

The wedding of our dreams!

We had our wedding at White Pines this past September and could not be happier with how everything turned out. Truly, this place is amazing and such a hidden gem. The food and venue are absolutely amazing, and you will not find friendlier or more down-to-earth staff than White Pines. Throughout the entire process, it was so obvious how hard everyone works and how much they care about making you feel special and giving you the wedding of your dreams. The wedding canyon's scenery is breathtaking and so unique for an outdoor wedding. We have received so many compliments from family and friends on White Pines, saying they have never been to a wedding like this and how cool of a place it is.They truly are a one-stop shop for everything you need which took out so much stress and time from our planning. They guide you through everything and are so organized. They have so many options to help customize your day, but also were always willing to let us bring our own ideas and items for decorations. They are truly committed to letting you do what you want and what works best for you. Beth and Kelly are an amazing team - they are so sweet and respectful, I never felt like I was bothering them or nervous to ask questions or bring up ideas, and they were always willing to go the extra mile for us. Looking back on all the vendors I used - that is something that is very hard to find. I can't thank White Pines enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. We will always continue to come back here and they will be a big part of our life forever!
    Melissa B. Married on 09/01/2018

The perfect experience

White Pines Wedding Canyon is a beautiful venue to get married in. The landscape is breathtaking and the Lodge has amazing food and plenty of room for a perfect reception - both inside and outside. Everything about White Pines is beautiful. Even more importantly, the staff is outstanding. They are so accommodating and hardworking. On our wedding day, even though it rained, they did everything to ensure things went flawlessly. Everyone was just so amazing from start to finish. Planning my wedding was never stressful. I feel like I had a team of people helping me the entire time. I am SO happy I got married here!! It was the perfect place!!
    Kylie Married on 04/30/2018

Absolutely amazing

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. I got married back in April and I chose Cedar Stone as my wedding venue. It was the first venue that I had visited, and I knew it was the perfect place the moment I walked in. I checked out a few other places after it because I was told I needed to look around, although I did not feel I had to look around because I knew how much I loved Cedar Stone. I was right, no other venue compared to it. Our wedding was perfect, everything that I had dreamed it would be. Beth and Kelly were so easy and awesome to work with, they made it all a breeze. Even their kitchen staff were so accommodating to everyone who attended my wedding. Everything about Cedar Stone is beautiful. I could not have chosen a better venue or better people to work with for our special day.
    Katelyn S. Married on 04/28/2018

So glad we went with them! You should too!

My husband and I had our wedding here on 4-28-18. it turned out absolutely gorgeous! The staff stayed connected with me through the entire process, double checking what color things needed to be, what music for the ceremony, and what food we wanted. Oh! And the food! it was all AMAZING! Honestly, both my hubby and I ate too much and didnt really drink because it was just so delicious. They really make sure there is plenty for everyone to go back several times for more as well! One of the best parts? They clean up for you!!!! You just take what you want to keep from your decorations and then go! This is probably one of my favorite things because after a long exhausting day you just want to relax, not be clean up crew. We stayed in the honeymoon suite that night as well and the hot tub was so relaxing after having such a long day, and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in! I would defintely recommend having a wedding here to anyone. They help you along every step of the way, even suggesting vendors for photography and DJing if your having issues finding them!
    Theresa Married on 12/22/2017
    We got married on December 22nd, 2017, at White Pines Resort, so it was a winter wedding. Everything was held indoors at the lodge - the wedding ceremony and the reception. We worked with White Pines Weddings in the few months beforehand for planning and they were always great to work with. We were very impressed by the facility, the available resources and the professionalism of the staff. We also felt that sense of belonging as we planned and visited the facility; they always seemed genuinely happy to see us.

The decorations that are up in the banquet room (where everything was held) that time of year are so beautiful and not overdone. We were thrilled with everything including the food and service. Maybe the best compliment that we can give White Pines Weddings is that our wedding day was almost stress free in that we did not have to be concerned that they would follow our wishes and give the highest service possible.

We have had so many compliments from those that attended our wedding as well as those who have viewed our pictures. Of course, we also had other vendors, but they all teamed up to provide us the best of everything we could imagine for our wedding day and for the start of a beautiful marriage.
    Michele Married on 11/24/2017
    We had our wedding and reception at White Pines Cedar Stone. Beautiful building, staff was awesome, food was great - all in one place. Highly recommended White Pines.
    Krystal Married on 11/11/2017
    My wedding at white pines LaFrance was perfect! The food was excellent, the place is beautiful, and everyone was so amazing to work with. I made lots of changes and the staff was so pleasant to work with any time. They did everything exactly how I wanted and made my dream wedding come true. They had everything ready for me so all I had to do was show up and enjoy! I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to get married!
    Anna Married on 09/23/2017
    We got married at the wedding canyon in September 2017, and could not have asked for more! The staff was so friendly and helpful, everything was beautiful, and the day went by so smoothly! This team will totally put your fears to rest, and they will truly handle everything.
    Breanna Married on 09/01/2017
    Everything about this venue was perfect!!! The location was immaculately groomed and picturesque, the food and drinks were fantastic and more than anything; the staff were fantastic! Every last detail was thought of and addressed before we even had a moment to think about something not going right.
    The platinum wedding package encompassed every single thing we could have wanted in a venue and more. If you are looking for a stunning background (and a staff that will make every detail your dream-come-true) for your special day - THIS IS IT!!!
    Kylie Married on 05/27/2017
    If you want a magical, beautiful, and stress-free wedding, the Wedding Canyon is the place to get married! The venue is gorgeous. I wanted a venue that would lend itself to good pictures and little decorating, and the Canyon's natural beauty was just the thing I needed. Beth and all of the staff are super friendly and truly passionate about giving you your dream wedding. They listened intently to my wants and worked with me to establish a schedule and price that suited my needs. The whole experience of planning my wedding was seamless, fun, and exciting thanks to their very experienced and helpful staff. Thank you Beth and everyone else for giving me my dream wedding!

- Kylie
    Koren Married on 04/22/2017
    We had our first date at White Pines State Park, we wanted to go back to where it started. Since we live in Chicago I was worried about having to plan the wedding from here, they made TWO BRIDES very happy with making sure to answer to all of our specific requests. They even recommend Bev Spears as our officiant, she was an amazing part of our wedding as well. We ever so grateful to everyone that made our day special. Love The Buckerts 4/22/17
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 09/20/2014
    The staff was very helpful in the planning process and very flexible with the weather. Our wedding was flawless. We had a bunch of older guests and they were all able get into the canyon with ease. All of our guests said how beautiful the canyon is. We also had our reception at the White Pines Inn and the staff there did an amazing job with the quantity of guest that we had. I was very happy with how everything went and have recommended this location for other people to host their events.
    Angela Married on 04/28/2012
    We had the ceremony in Vegas and the reception at the Pines.The place was so beautiful.The staff went out of there way to make sure every detail was taken care of and they were so polite and pleasant.
    Abigail Married on 07/16/2011
    White Pines offers more than just a venue. The wedding coordinators at White Pines, especially Alana, help you every step of the way. When planning a wedding from 1,750 miles away, it is so much easier when there is someone there making sure you don't forget any details. White Pines offers a gorgeous venue with your choice of scenic backgrounds, multiple reception facilities based upon size of party, catering, cakes, flowers, and more. The services that White Pines does not offer they provide recommendations for. Using White Pines for many services allows one contract with a flexible payment plan that makes the whole process slightly less daunting.
    Hannah Married on 08/14/2010
    This place was perfect for our outdoor wedding. The wedding planners (beth and Alyana) are flexible, professional and sweet. They will work with you from start to finish! Alyana worked with us and was very clear with her communicating and was great at suggesting ideas and getting back to us on questions.

The ceremony at the wedding canyons was great. The space is outdoor romantic because you get to pick what site you like the best (we chose 4). Its a natural space that really lends itself to amazing photos. Our ceremony was perfect thanks to Pastor Bob and his wife Dorothy. They are the residence pastor for WP. You do not have to pick them but they are an amazing couple that really want the best wedding for you. We worked out our whole ceremony in one afternoon from wording to music. It was very us and they were always open to suggestions. Every wedding is unique and you can tell they love what they do!

The reception was wonderful. The food was amazing including the cake, which they can make for you on the premises. Why cater when you can have them make your reception topped off with an amazing spread! The space we used was the Jansen room which the space off their resturant and the head table gets to be on a stage! It has a rustic feel which we liked right away. People could not keep raving about the food later and the staff which were very professional and go above and beyond the call of duty.

The after party was the best we got to hangout by one of the fire pits with all our family and wedding party who had gotten reserved cabins. They will offer reserved cabins as a suggestion I highly recommend it because it allows you to find your wedding people quickly without the hassle of driving and being late and stressed.

If you are an outdoor bride like I was then this is the place for you! The park itself is great for all your guests to enjoy the outdoors and be not very far from the Chicagoland area. It felt like a destination wedding without the plane trip! AMAZING PLACE CHECK IT OUT!
    Sierra Married on 07/07/2007
    The wedding canyon provided us with a beautiful place to get married outdoors, a lovely log cabin environment and delicious food for the reception, and sleeping cabins for the wedding party and family to stay in the night before the wedding.
    Alyson Married on 06/03/2017
    I would like to start out saying that our experience with White Pines was nothing less than amazing. They were always there when I had my 100 questions daily, and any little personal touches I wanted to make they made that happen. We stayed in the cabins for the night of our wedding and that was such a great option, as soon as the wedding reception was over we had a fire for a bit and was just able to walk over to our cabins. For anyone looking for an outdoor wedding look no further that White Pines. Cant wait to come back years later to celebrate future anniversaries.