White Garden Events at Markward Manor Reviews

6 | Lampasas, TX

6 Reviews for White Garden Events at Markward Manor

Connie · Married on 06/04/2016

I wanted to say thank you to the Henry's! The venue was beautiful and Mr. And Mrs. Henry were more than accommodating to our needs. I would highly recommend White Garden's Event to anyone who is wanting to have their wedding in the hill country. Thank you again and may God bless you! The mother of the groom, Connie

Sent on 06/22/2016

Robin and Lee worked very hard to insure our daughter's big day was as beautiful as we could have ever expected. The venue is a quaint B&B on the outskirts of Lampasas. It's a wonderful find in our town!! No need to go to the big cities for a nice venue. They provided all the tables, chairs, linens, utensils, china and so much more! They were so helpful and giving of their time during our planning. All we needed was to call or send and email and we had an almost immediate response. They are adding features to the venue as well as what is already available. If you are in the area and looking for a country/rustic venue for an event (not just a wedding) this a jewel!!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Donna · Married on 06/03/2017

The hosts were very attentive yet not in the way.Although the setting is lovely and country, my only critique would be to work on the parking and grounds., it had rained recently and walking to and from the venue was challenging. It would also be nice to have a dedicated restroom for guests.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Jenifer · Married on 06/03/2017

We loved our experience. They worked well with us and were super helpful. Glad we chose them.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Rebecca · Married on 06/03/2016

3.2
      3.5

Loved the venue as far as the character of the place and how beautiful it was. I did have a few issues they booked another wedding the next day with the rehearsal on our wedding day so there were problems with trying to get enough time for everything so we ended up not getting all the decorations done as needed. We did get to adjust our time back to noon which was a help. 2nd issue I had was that I had paid for appetizers to be put out for the wedding party so that they could eat since we were doing rehearsals at noon. That was explained to them when I placed the order of why I wanted to have the appetizers so that everyone would be able to stay and help with decorating instead of leaving to eat. The appetizers didn't come out until 2pm, which was the original agreed time but since we had to move and pay for the additional time back 2 hours, I would of assumed they would of moved the appetizers back the 2 hours since that was the whole purpose of having the appetizers. After the appetizers were put out, very little was eaten at that point because everyone had left to get something to eat. Now since there was quite a bit of the appetizers left, I would of thought it would of been moved over to the reception area. Instead, when one of the bridal party did go out to get something to eat, it was all gone. Now that was something that I had paid for and should of had it available to do whatever I wanted to with but instead it was gone so more money wasted. I understand they were trying to get pictures for their business but I had gotten complaints from the photographer that she kept trying to get pictures and they were in the way sometimes trying to get their own pictures. Believe that should of been something that was discussed. Deposit another issue though at this point it was just a wash.

Sent on 08/09/2016

White Garden Events at Markward Manor's reply:

We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied. All the issues you describe were part of the contract, which we fulfilled as agreed. We cannot make assumptions, though we are happy to make adjustments when asked to do so. Thank you for giving us feedback to help improve our communication in the future.

DIANNA · Married on 06/03/2017

2.6
      3.0
      1.5
      2.0

SMALL QUAINT PLACE. NBO BATHROOMS FOR GUESTS AND NO DECENT PARKING AREA FOR RAIN AND MAJOR HOLES IN DRIVEWAY AND PARKING. IT WAS VERY INXPENSIVE AND ITS A NEW VENUE SITE. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THE OWNERS WERE NICE. NEED BETTER SIGN AT THE STREET, WE AND SEVERAL OTHERS PASSED IT UP.

Sent on 06/26/2017

White Garden Events at Markward Manor's reply:

Thank you for your comments. We did have an unusual amount of rain in the day preceding the wedding and it continued the day of the wedding--in all over 5.5 inches. In Central Texas, that is quite a bit over the average for any two days in a row. :) We have recently had the driveway repaved, so there are not any big holes in it, although there are some low spots in the parking area.
    We like to think that you are also getting a lot of personal service and help that you might not get at other venues, such as personal requests for food delivery, providing china and washing it (for no extra charge), and providing music on the spur of the moment. We want everyone's experience to be great and we work very hard to make events run smoothly.