Whirlin' Disc Entertainment Reviews

16 | Syracuse, NY

16 Reviews for Whirlin' Disc Entertainment

I do photography and videography at weddings, and saw a few DJs from Whirlin Disc. They are great to work with, and also make sure that photo and video are aware of everything happening. Each wedding was a blast, even for me! So when I got engaged, I looked into them, and found that they're prices were so much better than expected. They were great to work with on the phone, and got all the information back to me quickly! I'm really excited to have them at my wedding :)

Nina · Married on 08/15/2015

Whirlin disk dj was great. We had an unusual request in that the dj needed to provide music for our ceremony , on site at the same location as our reception, yet some distance away from his main table set up. It was pulled off perfect ! Thank you !

• X

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2009

The dj that came was AMAZING!!! he got the party going, got people dancing, and even asked my permission before playing music that was requested by guests!! i was deff. satisfied!! would hire again!!.. He even took his time to hunt me down before the wedding to see how i was.. thank you so much!!

Brenda · Married on 05/17/2009

Very professional and gave us everything we wanted. Very happy with them.

Emilie · Married on 06/11/2005

They were on time and played excellent music. Kept the crowd going and I would definately use them again.

Stacey · Married on 10/22/2016

I was a little upset they kept playing older music. But when I mentioned something about playing new music/Todays hits the party was started. They did a great job on having the music available that was requested and was flexible when we had to move uplights around for the indoor ceremony. They looked great by the way! The up lights really made the ceremony

Emily · Married on 07/26/2008

They will be sure to have any song that you request ahead of time. They didn't have some songs that were requested, despite the songs being rather new and popular. The other downside was not knowing exactly who the DJ was going to be ahead of time. But you do have a choice of the type of DJ you want. Our DJ kept things moving along.

Brienne · Married on 08/22/2015

We were very impressed with Daryl, the DJ from Whirlin Disc who was present at our wedding reception. The music selection was just what we were looking for. During dinner, the music was audible but soft enough that guests were able to converse. After dinner, our guests were out on the floor dancing it up until the end of the night. Great job!

They were easy to work with and very affordable, but the DJ assign for my wedding was not very enthusiastic when we specifically wanted someone outgoing,also seemed very nervous and inexperienced.

erin · Married on 09/20/2008

3.5

very good dj. would reccommend

• Sean

Sean · Married on 05/01/2010

3.6
      3.5

Whirlin Disc DJ's claimed that they were the best in Central New York, but I'm sure I could have found a better DJ service. I guess my problems aren't with the company so much as the acutal DJ that was sent to my wedding. Despite all country songs being on the "No play" list, he was taking requests for country songs, and played four or five in a row before my wife and I jumped on stage and stopped him. He even pulled out a cowboy hat and started dancing to the country music. It was really a comedic scene! Also, when we requested something upbeat and fast to get the people dancing, he plays Patsy Cline's "Crazy"! I will give it to him though; he got all of our songs right, from our first dance to the dollar dance, mother/son and father/daughter dances, and the boquet and garter toss songs. But overall, we requested an upbeat and active DJ from Whirlin Disc, but did not get a very active one. And to top it all off, at the end of the night, he gave me his personal card, and said if anyone wanted to book him, to go through him directly and not through Whirlin Disc! Oh well, he wasn't bad enough to ruin our reception, just not exactly what we were expecting.

Aubrie · Married on 05/30/2009

3.4
      3.0

Whirln' Disc's was great, they were on time and had lots of energy!

Danielle · Married on 10/24/2015

2.8
      2.0
      3.5

We met with our dj Victor 2 days before our wedding and told him what kind of music we like and some songs people suggested playing. At our wedding none of these songs or the genre was played. The dj mostly played oldies music. Thankfully I had a fun group of people and they still danced but I think we would be enjoyed a little more variety or maybe music the bride and groom like and asked for! They were fine otherwise and you can't really beat the price.

• User7037695 · 1+ year ago

1.4
      1.0

We called this dj from a suggestion from our venue. What we were originally quoted was changed three times between two people. The follow up was horrible. Chris was supposed to send paperwork to us and failed to do so twice. We asked to speak with a manager and he said he couldn't give out that information but would have him call us, and we have yet to receive a call. Chris stated he's a new manager so I would be wary to book with them. We're very disappointed as they have good reviews.

Cynthia · Married on 10/21/2017

0.6
      0.5

Beware this business has switched ownership... and unfortunately not for the better. We booked them for our October 2017 wedding because the reviews were good and the price was great. Once the new owner (Derell) took over everything changed. From mid November until 2 days after Christmas we were unable to contact anyone. The phone number and email did not work. I started to panic... the DJ for a wedding is kind of a big deal. Eventually the owner contacted me and stated that due to New Years parties they were too busy and asked could I please give him a week to sort everything out. Two weeks later I called about possibly adding a photo booth and was unable to reach anyone. Sent emails left voicemails and the of course the owners mailbox was full. Having lost any trust in the company I asked for a refund. I was told no problem they just need it in writing. I sent 5 emails and they claimed they didn't receive any of them. Once they admitted they had something in writing I was told I would receive a check for my deposit - guess what months later no check. Upon switching DJ's I found that this was happening to others as well. The owner finally answered his phone (called from another phone - he was blocking my calls) he told me he didn't appreciate me calling the better business bureau..... which I had not done ... which goes to show that he was ripping others off as well. He also owns Ablesmith tents... stay far away for this guy

Madeleine · Married on 10/01/2017

0.4
      0.5

Horrible company would never recommend.