47 Reviews for Whipped Bakeshop

Consultations (3)
Setup (3)
Private Tastings (3)
Cupcakes (1)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOP! My FH and I went for a tasting and we fell in love , Zoe is the Absolute best she helped us realize our dream cake , we can't wait to see the final product . If you want a personalized experience with a professional person who takes in everything you want in a wedding cake and makes your dream cake a reality then this is the place for you. The price is awesome we have our Wedding cake and a cupcake table . You can't beat the price .

Profile Picture Renita , 3/29/19, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
1.2

Please note, the following review is based solely on my Customer Service experience of this bakery, and I have not personally tried their baked goods. However, from the bad taste (pun intended!) my interaction with this business has left in my mouth, I am hesitant to further consider this bakery for my wedding needs. Trying to schedule a tasting with them was a disaster. They do not offer tastings for weddings smaller than 75, which is ok, but Carissa was very rude on the phone. When I finally convinced her to let me try their sample boxes, there was too much back and forth trying to schedule the pick up. She was very unprofessional and audibly moaned and groaned throughout the entire conversation trying to accommodate my needs. I had to pay for my tasting box upfront, she did not give me the option to pay at pick up. Also, I had to convince her to let me pick up my cake since they don't deliver to where my venue is and are closed on Sundays. Carissa did not give me the option to pick up, I had to ask her to let me pick up, and her attitude was as if she were doing me a favor by letting me choose them as my wedding cake vendor. Carissa charged my credit card twice, in the wrong amount. She called me stating that my card was declined and when I explained to her that the transactions already ran twice, she was in a huff and said nothing went through on her end. She asked me to contact my bank to reverse the charges and call her back and ask to reprocess the transaction. All in all a very distasteful, unprofessional interaction. Not a good quality in a potential vendor. If I am spending upwards of $400 for flour and sugar, I expect a better and professional attitude.

Profile Picture Ayesha, 10/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Whipped Bakeshop was amazing! I found a photo online that we wanted for our cake and I sent it over to them and they were able to do it no problem! Since we had mini desserts, we opted for a smaller two-tier cake. The bottom layer was vanilla with espresso filling and the top layer was chocolate truffle (THE BEST!). They were great to work with and great at delivering everything on time!

Profile Picture Dana, 1/7/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes

Whipped provided us with the exact kind of cake we were looking for. Our dessert was waffles & ice cream for our wedding, so we just needed a single tier, simple cake for the photos / tradition of cutting the cake. Whipped worked with us and we settled on a very reasonably priced cake that was delicious and beautiful! It was exactly what we wanted. :) Thanks, Whipped!

Profile Picture Jillian, 10/28/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design

We ordered five different types of cupcakes and a mini cake "topper" for cake cutting from Whipped Bakeshop. My husband and I attended a tasting at Whipped and met with Lisa, who was pleasant and very helpful. Overall, Zoe and her staff were wonderful to work with and the cupcakes were delicious. Many of our guests were raving about them both during and after the wedding! Additionally, Zoe and her staff delivered the cupcakes to our venue (Barn at Ridgeland Mansion in Fairmount Park) and set them up beautifully. I highly recommend Whipped Bakeshop for weddings or other events.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

The cake was AMAZING - we received a ton of compliments (even weeks after the wedding) and everyone loved the choice of vanilla OR carrot cake!
Zoe was great to work with and very responsive via email and phone.
Can't wait for our next event to order another cake :)

Profile Picture Alison, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Whipped created the perfect cake for our wedding. We wanted one that just the two of us could share and they created the perfect small cake for us! It was whimsical and beautiful--I couldn't imagine anything else!

Profile Picture User4893073, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes

We used Whipped Bakeshop to purchase our wedding cake. We read about the amazing reviews online so we decided to give it a try. I went to the tasting by myself (my husband was working) but I was able to bring samples home to him. The process was great, and we were able to customize the cake entirely. We also were having our wedding outside the area where they normally deliver but they agreed to deliver for a little upcharge (no problem there). The tasting was amazing. The flavors were delicious and we were so excited for our cake. The day of the wedding, my husband and I both found the cake very dried out. Thinking that maybe we were just being picky we just put it to the side and continued on our night. The next day, and other days thereafter we met up with people who were at the wedding, and they all commented that the wedding was great, but they weren't impressed with the cake. I'm not sure if something happened since all the reviews on here are excellent. The cupcakes I've purchased from here are amazing, so I would definitely recommend them in that department!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Christine, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

A lot of cake places get raves reviews on WeddingWire, but after tasting cake from 5 different vendors, I can truly say that Whipped is exceptional. We wanted a chocolate wedding cake with chocolate frosting and Whipped nailed it. Whipped make a truly outstanding cake that not only tasted fabulous, but also looked wonderful! We are very fussy about food and had a clear vision for our cake - moist, chocolatey and rich, but not too rich. No one uses better quality or tasting chocolate than Whipped and the results really showed. Everyone raved about the cake! Working with Whipped was truly a pleasure. We had strange experiences with other vendors, one of which was not respectful that we are a same sex couple, another who reminded us repeatedly that our cake wouldn't be white, as if we are stupid! Whipped was engaged, embracing and most of all, wanted to please us. They came up with a design that exactly suited our tastes. It was so much fun to look at our cake table all night and salivate over our chocolate masterpiece. We loved the cake so much, we decided to eat our anniversary cake far before our anniversary and order a new one for the actual anniversary!

Profile Picture Mandy, 9/12/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I preferred the cake at another bakery, so we only used Whipped for our wedding favors, and this of a review of those -- the Love & Liberty cookies. The cookies were beautifully decorated, tasted delicious, had a long shelf life, and were able to be customized to our wedding colors. These cookies are a little pricey but totally worth it and they are such a cute favor for a Philadelphia wedding.

Profile Picture User5035695, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts

Our wedding cake was perfect and delicious!

Profile Picture User4448563, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I used Whipped Bake Shop for my Engagement Party Cake, Wedding Cake & my husbands Birthday cake this year and every time they went above and beyond to do a fantastic job!! They gave us the most spectacular & beautiful wedding cake i've ever seen! Zoe took my vision and created a beautiful masterpiece that was better than I could have dreamed of! The Whipped Bakeshop Team is so talented and not only does amazing work but their cakes are delicious too! I highly recommend using them for any bakery need & can't say enough great things about them. Thank you Whipped Bakeshop for making my wedding cake dreams come true!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Zoe from whipped bakeshop was a pleasure to work with. She worked with us and our budget to make us a cake that would work for us and our guest count. Her cake was by far the most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted, and our wedding guests all agreed. It was also beautiful.

Profile Picture User3365041, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was gorgeous, and it tasted incredible. People came up to us throughout the night to tell us how delicious it was. Zoe was very accommodating throughout the process, and I couldn't have been happier with the results. I did a lot of "research" (of the tasting and Flickr-account-viewing variety) before I selected Whipped Bakeshop, and it all paid off. It was one of the highlights of the best night of my life!

Profile Picture Brittaney, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I chose Whipped Bakeshop for my wedding cake based on the pictures of other cakes that they had created, as well as their wonderful reviews on every website. I felt so strongly about working with them based on these two factors that I never even tasted the cake before the reception. I wasn't disappointed! Our cake wasn't cheap, but I knew that Zoe and her team were the only option for us; every other bakery that we came across either seemed to specialize in very traditional cakes, which just wasn't us, or focused mainly on providing a big selection of pastries rather than a single, elaborate cake. Zoe was so sweet in our exchanges and was great about providing us with updated information in response to the changes that we made in the course of designing the perfect cake. Having the cake delivered was an extra charge, but I really didn't want any of our friends or family to have the burden of ensuring that the cake got to us in one piece (literally), so I was extremely happy that they offered this option. The cake turned out beautifully and was delicious and enjoyed by all (red velvet really is the best cake flavor).

Profile Picture Robin, 4/26/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Zoe on our wedding cake was a dream - and perhaps the easiest part of our wedding planning! My husband and I enjoyed a lovely cake tasting, which made it hard to choose on our flavors because everything was SO GOOD. We ultimately went with Red Velvet and Coconut - and our guests couldn't stop raving about how good the cake was! Zoe was willing to style the cake however we wanted - which was simple - and was nothing but wonderful! I would certainly go back to get another cake (or cupcakes!) for any other event we may hold. You cannot go wrong with Whipped!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Zoe at Whipped Bakeshop is so sweet and nice she made picking out our flavors and type of cake a breeze! Our rustic wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious! We had the top layers in vanilla and the bottom layer was their seasonal pumpkin spice which fit our fall wedding perfectly. Both flavors are to die for and the icing is so creamy! Everyone loved the cake and I can't wait to dig into our top layer on our anniversary! She even sent us a little hand written thank you note in the mail which I thought was a nice touch and really made us feel valued. Go try one of their cupcakes and trust me, you'll be hooked!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/8/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I used Whipped Bakeshop for a small cutting cake for our wedding in October. We decided the cake was one area we wanted to save but still wanted something really lovely to cut for the photographer. Zoe took our limited budget and made a showstopper of a cake! Exactly what I had envisioned, so cute and so much attention to detail. We liked them so much we decided to use them for a graduation party and that cake was a knockout as well. We will definitely use them for all our events going forward!

Profile Picture User4286657, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake and groom's cake were both beautifully made and incredibly delicious! My husband collects old 45 records so the groom's cake was made to look like an old jukebox, and it was such a huge hit. They are geniuses, and are super friendly and professional to work with. They have so many yummy flavors to choose from. I'm so glad we chose them to make our cakes for our big day!

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Beautiful and delicious couldn't have asked for more!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn and Neil, 8/3/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From the start, we knew we wanted cupcakes. After a friend recommended this place on a whim, we decided that it would be worth it to check out this place, which was near our house-- rather than our wedding venue. Amongst the other numerous compliments we got about our wedding, many people commented on our cupcakes! One of the great things about cupcakes is that you get a variety of flavors. This can also be a problem! Since every cupcake's flavor was so good-- and since they all LOOKED beautiful-- most people couldn't eat but just one! Sometimes, when I see the great cakes that they hatch up for weddings-- the artistry involved is just unreal-- I almost wish we'd gone with a cake. So whether you're in it for a beautiful cake--unique or traditional-- or a cupcake tier, like we had, check out Whipped! It was worth the hassle of having to transport the confections from one state to the next.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/8/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Holy f’ing crap, I am so happy I went with Whipped for our wedding cupcakes. The service was excellent and they clearly care deeply about making customers happy. And oh, we were very happy together, those cupcakes and I.

We ordered four flavors: Vanilla, red velvet w/ buttercream, chocolate peanut butter, and carrot cake. The first three were all my favorites, and I plan on finding an excuse to order them for family parties from now on. I’m not even a big cake person, but these were phenomenal. After the wedding, we froze some so we could eat them throughout the next week or so. They all kept beautifully and were somehow still moist when we thawed them out. AMAZING.

They came to set up the cupcakes and our venue loved them, even though they had never worked together before. Everything was done perfectly and well in advance. We had nothing to worry about. Definitely suggest them!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/18/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

What a cake! I wanted to surprise my soon-to-be husband with a Flyers groom's cake the night of our rehearsal dinner. Boy did they hit it on the nose! The Flyers hat was so realistic that people couldn't believe it was a cake! Almond pound cake...mmmmmmmm!

Profile Picture Colleen, 3/17/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Whipped Bakeshop is one of the most incredible businesses I have ever dealt with! Zoe is awesome - she really takes the time to make sure it is the way you want it. We did real simple vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with a small round cake to cut in to for our wedding. I love cupcakes and the bakeshop did not disappoint. They were light and delicious! We sent everyone home with at least one and many were eaten right then and there. When my husband and I got back from our honeymoon Zoe had sent us a handwritten thank you note for using their business. I heard nothing but good things about their product, but to have them go above and beyond in their customer service should be a standard for every business! They are a true gem and can't wait to use them again! (or just pop in for a scrumptious cupcake)

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/5/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We did not use Whipped for a wedding cake only because we did not want cake in favor of pumpkin pie, however, we did use Whipped for cupcakes and a birthday cake for the after-party which were both DELICIOUS. Zoe was incredibly responsive either time my mom or I contacted her and Whipped delivered the cake and cupcakes directly or our after party location. Both the cake and cupcakes were incredibly moist (and still are almost a week later) and tasty. I would recommend Whipped for any celebration that calls for cake!

Profile Picture Victoria, 10/20/12, 11 Reviews