Whimsy Weddings Reviews

Whimsy Weddings 7
  • Y

Yana Manevich · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing, amazing, amazing!

There are truly no words to describe what an amazing job Whimsy Weddings did for our wedding at the Green Building in Brooklyn! I have never seen such beautiful florals in my life - I knew from their Instagram what a great eye Tatiana and Erich have, but when I walked into our venue and saw what they did for our wedding day, I was completely blown away!!!

Working with Tatiana and Erich was such a breeze - from their initial floral proposal, they got exactly the vibe I was going for and were so easy to communicate with and so responsive!

Florals were really important to me for our wedding, especially because the Green Building is a raw venue, and Whimsy Weddings completely knocked it out the park and exceeded even my wildest expectations! I could not have dreamt up a more beautiful job than what they did!

Tatiana and Erich are talented beyond words and also the sweetest couple to work with - hire them and you will be so glad you did!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Kemp · Married on 03/24/2019

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatiana and Erich are incredible! We hired Whimsy Weddings for planning and flowers for our wedding last month at 26 Bridge and they exceeded our expectations! The flowers were gorgeous and the whole night just went so smoothly because of their expert planning.

Sent on 04/10/2019

Laura · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely AMAZING !

I CANNOT say enough about Whimsy Weddings and their insanely beautiful work! I found Whimsy Weddings while browsing through Instagram; I was quickly sucked into their page after scrolling and seeing all of the absolutely stunning weddings that they had done before. I had fallen in love with how elegant, classic and romantic they made each venue look along with their breathtaking bouquets for the bride/bridal party.. but I figured it would be way over my budget. I contacted Erich & Tatiana, the friendliest and most adorable couple/team, and was pleasantly surprised at how they would be able to make my vision a reality all within my budget ! Planning with Erich and Tatiana was an absolute pleasure and they blew my expectations out of the water. From the ceremony florals that spiraled down the stairwell, the elegant arch that they decorated with florals and fabric, to the menus & place cards and the incredible table decor...I was in awe when I walked into both the ceremony as well as the reception. I am SO happy that I stumbled across them and I would book them again in a heartbeat. They are more than worth it and my our day so perfect !

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Whimsy Weddings 8
    Whimsy Weddings 9

Taylor · Married on 06/30/2018

We had gone to a wedding in 2015 that Whimsy had done, and we fell in love. When we had gotten engaged I knew that Whimsy was who we needed to execute our wedding plans and ideas. We chose the Day of Planning, &Floral Design.Tatiana and Erich answered any email or question I had. When it came time for the walk-through I really felt like my vision came alive, it was easy to see how hard Tatiana and Erich work to plan eveything out. They work with the logistics so well and really tamed our large (25 ppl) wild bridal party and ensured that everyone was where they were supposed to be. It wouldn't be a wedding without a few mishaps but Tati, Erich, and Carina handled everything like the professionals that they are. If you are on the fence about the day of planning, I highly suggest that you just do it.There are certain stresses that you just don't have the capacity to handle on your big day, and the day of planning really saved the day for us.Tatiana and the team's floral design was just PERFECTION. Tatiana's design surpassed my expectations. I have never seen such a beauty before, my bridal bouquet was MAJOR. Needless to say Whimsy nailed it, the bouquets, the ceremony, the centerpieces,the small side tables and how can I forget the PHOTOBOOTH FLORAL BACKDROP! If you are looking for the total package don't waste another minute, Whimsy is the way to go. If we could do it again we would chose Whimsy every time. Tati, Erich and Carina are like the 1992 Olympic Basketball dream team!

Sent on 07/14/2018
  • Noelle

Noelle · Married on 06/02/2018

My experience with Whimsy Weddings was simply amazing from start to finish and beyond. I initially hired Whimsy Weddings for day of coordination and ended up adding the contract for florals later on. Erich and Tatiana are such an incredible duo to work with. They’re professional but also incredibly personable, warm, passionate, and creative. For my florals and décor, I sent them a screenshot of a bouquet and escort card display from their Instagram that I fell in love with. They took these two images and turned my wedding into a dreamland. Their day-of coordination is also fantastic. My venue contract came with a coordinator so I wasn’t sure if I would need day-of coordination, but I’m so glad I had Tatiana there. Don’t get me wrong – my venue coordinator was great. However, there were still other external issues that came up (i.e. my husband being late and last minute transportation coordination) that Tatiana took care of without skipping a beat. Simply put, hiring Whimsy Weddings was one of the best choices I made during my entire wedding planning process and I will forever be thankful for the gorgeous décor and the sanity-saving support they provided on our big day!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Poolori · Married on 11/10/2017

If you want to (1) work with only the best vendors, (2) get the most bang for your budget, and (3) relax and enjoy the fun parts of planning and attending your wedding, there is NO choice other than Whimsy Weddings. Hiring them was the best decision we made. From one picky bride to another, do yourself a favor and stop searching--you've found them.

Unlike other recommended planners, Tatiana right away made it clear that she would help us make decisions to maximize the impact of our established budget. She really listened to our priorities and guided us accordingly. She hand-picked all our vendors, from the venue to the photo booth. She told us what was worth the money and what wasn't, based on OUR vision for our wedding.

Tatiana has impeccable taste. I did wonder if her established aesthetic might mean that our event would have a cookie-cutter feel, but her approach would never let that happen. She translated our poorly-articulated tastes into an event that looked and felt like US--but more beautiful, cohesive, and elegant, from start to finish.

Whimsy Weddings has a combination of brilliant creative vision, client centered approach, deep industry knowledge, iron-clad vendor relationships, and flawless execution that I just haven't seen in other event planners. PLUS they are lovely, kind, warm, down-to-earth humans whom everyone loves--which makes vendors excited to work with them, and the regular check-ins required leading up to the wedding fun rather than tense.

Sent on 01/18/2018

Nichole · Married on 10/07/2017

I wish I could rate them 100. 5/5 just doesn’t do justice to the absolute pleasure and magic that is having Whimsy Weddings help design, plan, coordinate, and execute your wedding. My (now) husband (originally skeptical about hiring event planners) and I CONSTANTLY list hiring WW as one of the best wedding-related decisions we made. Our day was beyond perfect, despite having to work with a modest budget, a gigantic raw space that hadn’t hosted many weddings, and a rather needy bride (that’s me lol) with big ideas and even bigger asks. I honestly cannot recommend WW highly enough. Just hire them. You really won’t regret it.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Meredith · Married on 09/30/2017

There are few words to describe Tatiana and Corinna, but since I have to find some more than "STOP READING THIS HIRE THEM NOW," I will. Our wedding would not have come together without them; I wouldn't have gotten through the month leading up to the day without murdering someone, either. (And Tati can attest to me being a relatively chill bride, truly.) Through licensing and logistical challenges (read: nightmares) and other unforeseen hiccups, the day came together. Whimsy are superheroes and will design the day you've always imagined—even things you never did.

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Whimsy Weddings 14
    Whimsy Weddings 15
    Whimsy Weddings 16

Cat · Married on 09/03/2017

Tatiana and her team (husband Erich and sister Corinna) put together our wedding on September 3rd 2017 from start to finish! We opted for her full planning services because living in Texas and planning a wedding in Pennsylvania was going to be difficult. Tati helped with EVERYTHING! We are a pretty scatter-brained couple so she really helped us focus in on the things that mattered to us on our big day.
    Tati organized every last detail! We went over our budget and she helped us pick our venue, gave us a short list (as not to get over whelmed) of photographers that she has worked with and knows do good work, helped pick a DJ, her husband Erich was our officiant, gave us a heads up on coupons or discounts for our invitations and photo booth, and she did ALL our flowers! During the planning process Tatiana was available via text or email and as long as she was not at another event she was urgent with responding to our questions and concerns. Tatiana was the one with direct contact to our venue's event planning team (who were not as nearly as organized as her) to be sure she was in the loop with details and to be sure we did not get over whelmed with details and questions she already had answers to!
    Tatiana came up with a design board and went over the details with us to really make it a stress-free planning process! Some of the décor items that she incorporated were from her own collection so she saved us money on décor items we would only use once. The day of the event Tatiana and her team worked tirelessly to make the event space, cocktail hour and ceremony space were decorated perfectly! She checked in on me while I was getting ready to make sure we were running on time and she kept track of all the vendors to make sure they were all running on schedule! Tatianna really made the day of my wedding a much LESS stressful day! We highly recommend working with Whimsy Weddings!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Whimsy Weddings 17
    Whimsy Weddings 18
    Whimsy Weddings 19
    Whimsy Weddings 20

Theresa · Married on 08/27/2017

I cannot say enough about the wonderful team of Whimsy Weddings! Tatiana and Erich were a pleasure from start to finish. I lost count of the number of times my husband and I turned to each other and said, "what would we have done without them?" They were both my florist and day of coordinator, and I loved everything they did. You want this A team!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Juliana · Married on 06/03/2017

You know the wedding coordinator did her job when someone throws up on the dance floor and the bride doesn't find out until the next afternoon via someone's SnapStory.

We hired Whimsy Weddings for day of coordination. We booked them about a year before our wedding, so it was great to have Tatiana as a resource for that time. Whenever I had a question, she replied right away. All the vendors she recommended were great. We worked with Gerdy on the day of and she is worth her weight in gold. It was so great to have someone else worry about all the nitty gritty logistical details and figure out a timeline, as well as controlling and answering all my crazy bride questions and fears. Gerdy speaks Spanish, which is fantastic as my mom doesn't speak much English. She is terrific, sweet, smart and made sure our day went by perfectly even when things didn't go to plan, like someone showing up with their uninvited kids and the aforementioned throw up incident. In the end, our venue looked amazing, our guests had a fantastic time and it was absolutely everything we wanted!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/27/2017

Emily Canterbury of Whimsy Weddings was our day-of coordinator for our wedding last weekend, and we literally could not have done it without her!!! We decided to look into hiring a coordinator pretty late in the game, and it was the BEST, I repeat, the BEST decision we made. Emily put together an amazingly helpful timeline for us. She was in contact with all of our vendors in the weeks and days leading up to the big day. She kept everyone organized and on track and made the day as smooth and seamless and perfect as possible. She allowed us to be at ease and enjoy the best party of our lives while she kept the wheels turning. She made sure all of those special moments happened when they were supposed to. She helped set up all of our hand done touches and decor so that we could spend the morning getting ready with our friends and family and relaxing. She's the best! Thank you for everything, Emily!!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2016

We recently used Whimsy Weddings for our August 13th wedding. Tatiana and Erich were such a pleasure to work with!! We did day-of coordination with design since I had time to find most of our vendors, but they stayed in contact with us about everything via email throughout the planing process. They took over with a month to go and were on top of everything for us. They kept us organized and focused on what was important! For example, we couldn't have been near as organized or even had a clue at our floral mock-up meeting!! Tatiana knew exactly how many arrangements should go on various sizes of tables, appropriate flower counts for each vase size, and even made recommendations to the florist about different greenery options when I didn't like the one used. This alone was above and beyond. Their design ideas to tie in our theme and colors throughout the wedding were thoughtful and just what we wanted. They also worked a miracle with our lighting vendor when they took over as the main contact. We highly recommend Whimsy Weddings. We're so happy they were a part of our day.

Sent on 09/29/2016

My venue recommended Whimsy Weddings in their vendor packet when we booked. I was actually not considering having a day of coordinator but as I looked through their website I loved the work they did. I also happened to find them when I was looking at pictures of my venue - Tatiana and Erich had gotten married there also! I was pretty much all set at this point and knew I wanted to book them. Tatiana and Erich have been extremely responsive and organized since we have booked. I also like that they offer just the day of coordination in addition to full wedding planning. We are also using them for florals. We did not book the decoration service but they also offer that as well - for someone like me who wants to have a minimum amount of vendors as possible, this is great. My fiancee and I met Tatiana and Erich after booking them during a wedding event in Brooklyn and they were lovely. Great energy, so pleasant and had lots of ideas to share with us even in that small moment. I am very excited to be working with them and I know the product will be great - you should definitely check them out!

Sent on 12/16/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/01/2016

Working with Tatiana and her team was truly a pleasure. I had lots of vague ideas for what I wanted in a wedding, and they helped bring my scattered Pinterest board to life. It was also great to have a planner with recommended vendors (ie, the photographer we chose is someone she’s worked with many times), which made everything go very smoothly the day of.

Over the 1.5 years of planning, I would send a LOT of emails to Tatiana (particularly as the wedding was getting close), and she pretty much always responded within minutes. This was incredibly comforting to have a capable and experienced planner one step ahead of me at all times.

The week of the wedding, we didn’t have to worry about coordinating details with our vendors, putting together favors, etc – Tatiana and her team took care of all of that. Best part of all – my dress ripped shortly before our grand entrance at the reception, and Tatiana sewed it up with a needle and thread she brought with her. Life saver!

Lastly, even now that the wedding is over, Tatiana and I are still occasionally emailing to swoon over the wedding photos, videos, etc. She clearly still cares about her clients, long after her job is done. I wholeheartedly recommend!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Erin · Married on 09/04/2016

Tatiana and Erich were the absolute best! We hired Whimsy for day of coordination, decor and florals and it was probably our best wedding decision. For coordination, they were so responsive and handled everything like pros (to be honest, I have no idea if anything went wrong the day of the wedding because it was absolutely perfect from our perspective). Everyone on the team was awesome to work with and made everything run so smoothly.

For decor, we have pretty particular taste and were a bit nervous to hand off our vision to anyone to execute but Tatiana completely knocked it out of the park. Everything was even better than we envisioned. We let Tatiana run with the color palette and aesthetic and are so happy we handed over the reigns to her and didn't micromanage the details.

For the florals, they were the most beautiful arrangements and completely blew us away. Pretty much every guest gushed over how stunning they were.

I can't recommend Tatiana enough, she made our wedding day so relaxed and absolutely crushed it. We also kept hearing from our other vendors how great she was to work with both leading up to and on the day of our wedding.

Sent on 09/21/2016
  • Margarita

Margarita · Married on 09/03/2016

My husband and I were very overwhelmed at the thought of planning a wedding, especially since none of the venues we first looked at were very accommodating to the things we wanted. I emailed one planner and was given an insane quote. Then I found Whimsy Weddings on Wedding Wire and within 10 minutes of reaching out to them, I received an email from Tatiana. I instantly had a feeling that she would be perfect for us - and I was right!

I truly have no idea how my husband and I would have managed planning our wedding without Tatiana and her team. She took so much stress and anxiety off of us. Her warmth and kindness put us at ease many times throughout the year leading up to the wedding. Tatiana answered all of my emails with amazing speed and never made me feel guilty for asking so many questions (and I had a ton!) Her knowledge of vendors and the planning process in general were life-saving. She only recommended vendors she worked with before and had good experience with, so we felt comfortable taking her advice and recommendations. (She recommended our venue, DJ, florist, photographer, videographer, transportation, and caterer: EVERY SINGLE ONE of whom we were immensely happy with). We wanted a vegan wedding? No problem! A venue that would give us the rustic NY glamour we envisioned? Done. Eucalyptus table runners? Got it. She understood from the get-go what it was we were after, and when the day finally came it was like walking through a dream.

Tatiana, Erich, Gerdy, and Emily all were spectacular during the day of the wedding. They were kind, organized, professional, and overall fun and delightful to be around (which I can imagine is not easy when dealing with a bride and groom). Many of my guests and family members commented on how great they were to be around.

We cannot thank them enough and wish we had the words to express just how much they mean to us. Hire Whimsy Weddings to plan your wedding - it will be the best decision you make!!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

jaclyn · Married on 07/03/2016

I could ever put into words how wonderful the Whimsy team made our wedding experience and how beautiful the day was. All expectations were far surpassed and the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception decor were everything that we had dreamed of. All far fetched ideas were completed by their team, and they came forward with even more amazing concepts. They were there from the rehearsal dinner until when the wedding ended, at 6am, and were on top of all details.

Tatiana and Erich were our day to day contacts and they made the whole planning process enjoyable and we couldn't have imagined anyone better to work with. If you are looking to a young, amazing, hands-on planning team that remain calm at all times, Whimsy is the team to use.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Sammie · Married on 06/12/2016

If you want the best of everything, with flawless and tasteful execution and a planner who makes your special day as important as their own, Tatiana and her team at Whimsy Weddings should be your go to! Tatiana's attention to detail, responsiveness, organization, and outstanding vision is like no other. We recommend her without any reservations :) SIMPLY THE BEST.

Sent on 10/18/2016

Cayla · Married on 06/04/2016

Tatiana and her team were so amazing throughout the entire process! They worked with our budget to make our vision happen, and were always honest and helpful with suggestions and feedback. Everyone on the Whimsy team has a great attitude and really helped keep us calm as we planned our wedding. It was honestly the most amazing day ever, too!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Adam · Married on 05/28/2016

Erich and Tatiana are true professionals and the best in the business. They played a crucial role in allowing us to enjoy the wedding process and have every single detail that we hoped for planned and executed to perfection. They are such a great team together (as husband and wife!) and they both bring different qualities to the table that make their services and abilities so broad, yet so precise. The best decision we made in the planning process was to bring on Whimsy Weddings and allow them to take the reigns on the details and execution of both the rehearsal day and the ceremony/reception day. Tatiana is a strong and diligent leader who worked amazingly with all of the vendors and kept everything organized (which of course plays a major factor in your anxiety and stress levels!). Erich is the calm, collect and proactive player who can get anything and everything done in moments time - without any issues. On top of being a wonderful and fun team to work with, they are also incredibly creative and talented in their design/ideas with the venue space and tiny little details that make weddings unique and memorable. Again, we couldn't be more happy that we were able to work with Whimsy Weddings, and we would HIGHLY recommend them to all couples who are about to begin planning their wedding! - Adam Mariucci

Sent on 10/04/2016

Tatiana and the entire team at Whimsy Weddings turned our wedding dreams into reality! We hired Whimsy Weddings for full planning services and they were with us since day one of wedding planning. With my now husband finishing up school a few hours away from NYC while we were planning, Tatiana was there to visit venues with me and was my right hand person. Throughout our year and half of planning, Tatiana was always so responsive and was able to figuratively hold my hand through making wedding decisions. All the while, calming my wedding planning anxiety! She really took the time to get to know my style and figure out what my husband and I were envisioning for our wedding. All of her vendor recommendations were definitely tailored to our style and with her help, we booked the most amazing photographer, videographer, and band!

The team at Whimsy Weddings helped us put together all of the little quirks we wanted at our wedding - doughnut cake, you got it...flowers in bud vases for seating arrangements, done...gondola ride to our venue, handled. They even went the extra mile to put together things I would have never have thought of but they knew fit the aesthetic of our wedding.

I'm so thankful for Tatiana and Whimsy Weddings and highly recommend them!! Everyone on the team is so sweet and down to earth, qualities you need to get you through the stress of wedding planning. Best wedding decision we ever made was hiring Whimsy Weddings. Hands down.

Sent on 09/28/2016

danni · Married on 04/16/2016

I really tried to save as much as possible for my wedding and there was a point where I wondered if I need a wedding coordinator -- I'm generally super organized so wasn't sure if I would get as much value out of a coordinator. I am so incredibly happy I went w/ Tatiana and Eric because without them, the wedding would have been a mess. There were just small unplanned things that bubbled up day of that these two handled like a pro.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Absolute perfection, Tati and her team are simply the best you will ever find. They went above and beyond for our big day and envisioned more then I could have ever imagined to complete the day of our DREAMS. Not to mention they are phenomal people to hang out with! If your considering them for you event think no further because they are a true GEM in the wedding industry.

Sent on 11/17/2015