Whim Catering Reviews

1 User photo

Whim Catering 1

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing, delicious, beautiful

Courtney at Whim took care of everything.. even all my last minute changes and indecissiveness with colors and arrangements. she was great and I would highly recommend working with her. The food was fantastic and everyone is still raving about it. We wanted a twist on clastic Austin, Texas food and Whim outdid themselves. The rentals were perfect and made our wedding feel like a dream. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Whim Catering's reply:

Megan, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled our staff and services exceeded your expectations. It was a joy to be a part of your special day!
  • Sharla

Sharla · Married on 10/04/2018

You’ll wish you had more food!

Ok so here’s the thing...I couldn’t wait to get to the reception because I knew that food was amazing! The tasting we had...goodness, so beyond what you think!! I couldn’t believe how well the chef truly cares about the presentation and my goodness that taste! I’ll put it this way, after you have the tasting, you’ll slap anyone that try’s to make it better! Just not possible. We asked our guest what they thought of everything and they kept bringing up how over the top the food was!
    You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Whim Catering's reply:

Sharla, thank you so much for the kind words. We are thrilled you and your guests enjoyed. It was such a joy to be a part of your special day. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2017

The ENTIRE Whim Catering team is A+ Rockstars! We envisioned an elevated Tex-Mex dinner with twists on some of our favorite dishes, and Whim knocked it out of the park!

Sent on 07/06/2018
    Whim Catering 2

Whim Catering's reply:

Ashley, thank you for the kind words! We are so thrilled we were able to provide special and delicious touches to your special day! We hope to work with you again in the future.

Rachella · Married on 07/14/2017

Chef Rob & Whim Catering Team,
    Good god, it has been a week since we got married, people still talk about how amazing the food was, especially Chef Rob's famous green chile mac n' cheese. Our guests kept on asking us whether Chef Rob owned a restaurant so they could come back, just to have more of his food. Thank you, Whim Catering, for making our wedding a delicious one! ;)

Sent on 07/21/2017

Rachella,
    Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are so glad that you had such a fabulous time and enjoyed the food so much! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Stephanie · Married on 03/11/2017

Whim Catering was great! The staff was nice and on point and my guests ranted and raved about how delicious the food was. 5 stars!

Sent on 04/13/2017

Stephanie,
    Thank you for the glowing review! We are so honored to have been a part of your event. Thank you for sharing!

Aimee · Married on 09/24/2016

We were so pleased with our decision to use Whim Catering for our wedding! The planning process was so easy - Rachel and Carly responded to all of our questions and changes in a timely, professional, and helpful manner. Our tasting meeting was a breeze and fun, to boot! On the day of the wedding, the staff were so professional and experienced (and helped remind my husband and I to eat, which was sweet and much appreciated). And of course, the food was simply incredible! We received so many well-deserved compliments on the meal and appetizers, and Whim also sent my husband and I with to-go boxes at our send off, which we loved! Thank you for making our wedding day so smooth, enjoyable, and delicious!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Whim Catering's reply:

Aimee, Thank you very much for all of your kind words. We are thrilled that your overall experience with us was one to remember and that our teams were helpful to you on your special day. We appreciate you sharing your guests and your happiness with our menus. Thank you again for sharing all of your great feedback with us.

Barb · Married on 09/24/2016

In planning for my daughter's wedding, we checked out 3 different caterers. I am SO GLAD that we chose Whim! They were extremely accommodating, from start to finish. Customer service over the phone and on email was exceptional and as I was in MA planning a TX wedding, this was important. On the day of the wedding, I did not worry about a thing. Their staff was so professional and saw to every little detail. And did I mention how DELICIOUS the food was?! We received so many compliments, including from my "foodie" sister who exclaimed it was the best wedding food she had ever tasted. Thanks Whim, for everything!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Whim Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled that your experience with our great was great from start to finish. We are even happier that you enjoyed all of the food and guests were so please. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us!

Christine · Married on 07/09/2016

Delicious food and friendly service.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Whim Catering's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/04/2016

We booked with Camp Lucy and in the past, CL has allowed external catering and have recently switched to Whim Catering which was fine by us because we did our research and saw nothing but great reviews and it was one less thing for us to spend time on! We worked very closely with Lauren and I couldn't tell you how many times we went back and forth with modifying our proposals (seriously we probably exchanged 50 emails) and she was always descriptive, friendly, helpful, and professional. They are very flexible with your needs, have a large menu to select from, have a recommended pairing menu if you simply don't want to spend time on selecting each item, and also provide a variety of alcohol options. We were able to pick and choose our dinner tasting options, had a private table along with our coordinator, and Lauren and Chef Rob served us and explained our options to us! It felt like first class service and the food was amazing! We choose buffet style (the presentation was actually very elegant) and selected dinner rolls, beef, chicken, vegetables, mac&cheese, salad and two hors d'oeuvre to pass during cocktail hour. Our guests absolutely loved the food and the BEST part is that the bride and groom are served at their head table (no need to walk through the line!) and you are given a to-go box at the end of the night for those late night munchies! Since we had a coordinator we did not work directly with the waiters, bartenders, and manager on duty but no news is great news! We couldn't be happier and we thank Lauren and the Whim Catering crew for the impeccable food and wonderful service!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/26/2016

Whim Catering was absolutely phenomenal and I am SO glad we chose them to cater our cocktail hour & reception. Food & drinks were obviously super important to us, and we ended up doing tastings at three different caterers. After the first two tastings went well but didn't blow us away, we were SO relieved when we did our tasting at Whim. Everything was absolutely delicious. I was planning our wedding in Dripping Springs (at Heritage House) from my home California, and they were so accommodating with scheduling tastings for when I was in town on planning visits. The chef is incredibly talented and is willing to alter any dish to your exact preference. They offer themed menus that are so incredibly helpful for figuring out what items work well together. I had multiple people tell me it was the best wedding food they had ever had, and this was coming from people who had been to some wayyyy fancier weddings than ours. Another thing I have to mention is the presentation was exquisite. The photos my photographer took of the hours oeuvres and cheese boards look like they came out of Bon Appetit.

Rachel was such a pleasure to work with. She was so professional and responsive and made the whole process so smooth. The staff that they had working our wedding was so professional and I was just so impressed with literally everything. Choosing Whim was one of the best vendor decisions we made and I can't thank them enough for how wonderful and flawless the service was.

Sent on 03/28/2017

Whim Catering did an outstanding job with our wedding. The only people who didn't say it was the best wedding food they'd ever had were people who had already attended weddings at Camp Lucy. Everything was so delicious and beautifully presented. The staff was great - they had someone basically attending to our every need the whole night and there was leftover cake and dinner packed up in our get away car at the end of the night. Hope I get invited to many more weddings at Camp Lucy so I can experience the deliciousness again!

Sent on 03/14/2016

Leyat · Married on 10/18/2015

Whim Catering is amazing. We had our wedding at Camp Lucy and had to use Whim Catering which was fine by us because it was one less thing we had to do. Some people are under the impression that places that include catering may not be as good, but that is definitely not the case here. Chef Rob is great! We created a custom Thai menu and the food was unbelievable. Probably the best Thai food I have ever had. We had buffet style with multiple entrees meat and vegetarian. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how good the food was (we were lucky to get leftovers)!!! The waiters, bartenders, and manager on duty were all great and professional. At Camp Lucy we got our own VIP waiter which we loved because we really wanted to make sure we ate the food since we created it. It was a wonderful experience and we thank the Whim Catering for the delicious food and wonderful service!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Whim Catering is THE BEST! The catered our October wedding at Ma Maison and our guests are still talking about the food. In fact, many of our guests have asked us to try to get in touch with the chef to get his recipes. Aside from serving the best food ever their staff is amazing. We worked with Tiffany on the planning and she was always very fast to respond and answered my 1000 questions. She helped us with the timeline, how much alcohol to order, what to rent – everything. Jeffery was our day-of catering manager and he was awesome – so nice and fun to work with! On our wedding day he made sure everything was set up correctly (ceremony, reception, cocktail hour space) and it really looked amazing. At the end of the night Jeffery helped my parents pack up all of our personal decorations and take them out to their car. He didn’t have to do that – their whole team really went above and beyond and we HIGHLY recommend them to anyone getting married in the Dripping Springs area.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Charlene · Married on 06/13/2015

Whim Catering did an outstanding job of catering for my daughter's wedding. From the minute we did the tasting through the evening of the event, Whim listened to our requests and answered our questions. The food was amazing - the charcuterie station, the appetizers, the salad and entrees, the mac and cheese bar - and there was more than enough for everyone. We received lots of compliments from our guests on the food. At the end of the night they packed up some of the deliciousness for the bride and groom to enjoy later. I highly recommend Whim Catering for all of your catering needs.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Jessi · Married on 02/27/2015

The food at our wedding was beyond anything we could ask for! Everyone complimented how great everything tasted and the staff was wonderful as well they took such great care of us , highly recommended!

Sent on 03/10/2015

Kamilla · Married on 01/03/2015

Randi was great to work with. The food was wonderful. We received many complements from our guest on the food, device and presentation. Whim did everything to make the wedding stress free for all of us.

Sent on 01/08/2015
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 10/01/2017

The food from whim catering was to die for! We left our tasting so full, chef Rob is amazing at what he does! The food on our wedding day turned out fabulous and exactly how we wanted it. Chef and his team accommodated many dietary restrictions that my guests had and each meal was fabulous. They also accomadted the fact I wanted I different type of salad rom everyone else. Overall, our experience with Whim catering was fantastic and I would reimmend them day in and day out!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Whim Catering's reply:

Autumn, we are so glad that your experience with Whim Catering exceeded your expectations from the very beginning. We pride ourselves on making your special day that much more special and are thrilled that we were able to accomplish this for you and your guests. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we hope to serve you again in the future!

3.5

In the planning process they would take 24 to 48 hours to reply. They also turned over an employee during the process so the contact would change. However, the actual food was delicious. The taste testing process went well. Their staff was amazing the day of. The appetizers everyone loved (mini tacos and bacon wrapped quail). The mac n cheese was wonderful. They really paid attention to the wedding guests and were on their toes. I highly recommend having food cooked onsite with whim for any event at Camp Lucy.

Sent on 10/08/2015

3.0

I got married at Camp Lucy and they require you to use Whim Catering. I recommend taking a good look at the menu and pricing before you choose this gorgeous venue.
    Like everything else in Camp Lucy, the food was absolutely perfect. People keep telling me how amazing the food was. We went with buffet style and got chicken with some kind of sauce on it, veggies, Mac and cheese, and a salad with strawberries and nuts in it. I don't remember the fancy names for it but that's basically what it is. The food was beyond amazing and my husband and I were super disappointed that they didn't keep their promise to give us a plate to take at night. When we got to the room we were starving and we wanted another bite of the amazing food at our wedding.
    Whatever food you choose, don't worry, it will be amazing.

Sent on 03/30/2015

Candace · Married on 02/12/2016

1.0

Food was absolutely delicious but there is NO flexibility with this company. We got told NO several times which was pretty frustrating. However, at the wedding several guests commented how delicious the food was and how smooth the food service was as well.

Sent on 09/17/2015