When Sparks Fly Events Reviews

12 | Parker Dam, CA

12 Reviews for When Sparks Fly Events

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2015

Where do we begin? We decided we needed to consider hiring Karen after seeing her save the day at a friends wedding two years ago. From our first meeting we knew Karen was going to be one of the best investments we would be making. And boy was she EVER. Throughout the last two years she has been an invaluable source for inspiration, information and support. There wasn't anything we asked of her that she didn't deliver on in full, and she was the one who introduced us to our eventual wedding venue because she is just that good at knowing exactly what we wanted. I know not many people could say this, but our experience planning our wedding was calm, easy and just plain fun and we owe that to Karen. She was conscious of our wants and needs while also keeping our budget in mind the whole way. We can confidently say that you can hire Karen and know that your big day is in the hands of a knowledgable and trustworthy planner. And who knows, you might just be lucky enough to come out the other side with a new friend :) thanks for everything, Karen! Love, The Murphy's

Sent on 09/07/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/29/2015

Glen and I hired Karen to help us plan our wedding and coordinate the day of. From the first meeting we felt so comfortable with Karen and reassured that we would be able to pull off our dream wedding with her help - and we did! Karen is very professional, friendly, open and accommodating. She gave us very helpful guidance on our wedding budget and timelines. She also made great vendor recommendations based on our budget and vision for the wedding.

When the big day arrived, Karen took the reigns. She coordinated everything. She made sure everyone - from our vendors, to our guests, to our wedding party - was at the right place at the right time. Karen and her assistant also set up all the decor for our ceremony and reception. She even came to the rescue of my bridesmaids and I with band-aids and tums! If anything didn't go according to plan on our wedding day... we still don't know about it! Having Karen there allowed Glen and I to relax, have fun and enjoy our day with friends and family.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Nathalie · Married on 08/22/2015

Words cannot describe how much I appreciated everything Karen did for us on our wedding day! I truly don't know how we would have done it without her. From begin to end, Karen was a joy to work with, she always responded to my emails/ questions in a timely manner (trust me there were a bunch). She always made me feel calm, especially during our main planning meeting (a few weeks before the wedding) and I was feeling stressed. After that meeting, I felt amazing and definitely more calm. I knew that Karen would execute everything (including all the small details) I wanted perfectly, and she did not disappoint. My vision of the day was perfect, thanks to her. I can truly say, nothing (to my knowledge) went wrong that day and I was able to enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything. Karen was ALSO so helpful during the rehearsal the day before the wedding and she made sure the flow of the reception went well and was on time! I cannot recommend Karen enough! THANK YOU SO much!!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

ashley · Married on 10/25/2014

Karen was exactly what I needed even before I knew I needed her. When Sparks Fly was essential to my wedding happening exactly as I've always dreamt it. I could not imagine ever doing this without her assistance throughout and direction and leadership the day of.
    Karen was always a source of support, and knowledge throughout the planning process and flawless execution on the day of. Her professionalism, positive attitude and superior attention to detail makes her one of the best.
    As someone who had a very specific idea of what I wanted Karen was absolutely the best person for me, she went above and beyond especially on the day of and the day following. I could not imagine my wedding going as smoothly as it did without her. She was worth every penny and I would highly recommend Karen and When Sparks Fly to anyone.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Braden · Married on 09/13/2014

Karen was one of our top vendors, and certainly our go-to on our wedding day. The reason we were able to be laid back and enjoy our day was because we had such a reliable coordinator to help us. We really wouldn't have such happy memories of our wedding day if it wasn't for Karen's assistance. She understood how we wanted our wedding day to look and feel, and executed it to perfection. Karen's calm presence and reassurance ensured that even when there was a hiccup, we hardly realised and it was always under control; it never affected us and our guests were none the wiser to what was happening behind the scenes. We appreciate all the hard work and commitment that Karen and her assistant put into making our wedding day a reality. - M & B

Sent on 09/15/2014

Meg · Married on 06/14/2014

We hired Karen from When Sparks Fly to be there on our wedding day to help set up, make sure things ran smoothly and generally troubleshoot. She was amazing. We were married at our cottage, so it wasn't an easy job. She went above and beyond to make our wedding day relaxing. From picking up flowers and cupcakes to setting them both up (and making sure everything looked beautiful), to ensuring candles were lit, music was cued, and everyone was having a good time, Karen and her assistant, Kerri, were absolutely wonderful to work with. I can't say enough about how great having them there was; I got to spend my wedding day laughing, eating, dancing and drinking instead of having to worry about all there was to do that day. I am so happy they were there!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Julie · Married on 03/29/2014

Karen was the glue that kept our wedding day together. She went above and beyond and exceeded all our expectations. Karen ensured that our day went smoothly and flawlessly. Her organizational skills, her professionalism, her attention to detail, along with her ability to remain calm throughout the entire event made our wedding day a complete success. She allowed us to enjoy our wedding as if we were guests, and completely took care of everything else. From our initial meeting with her, we immediately felt comfortable with her and could tell that her experience in event planning was tremendous. Thank you so much Karen for making our wedding the most special day of our lives.
    Julie and Andrew

Sent on 04/01/2014
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/28/2013

Although I was hesitant on the idea of hiring a wedding planner (day of services) primarily for setting up my decor, this changed quite quickly when I needed help with last minute things. Karen has been patient and kind, and very accommodating to what I needed. She sent me regular emails and responded to me quickly, and always asked that if I needed anything, to let her know. The day of my wedding we had a problem when our florist decided to drop off the flowers for my church ceremony and left, soon before the ceremony started. When we called her, she and her assistant bolted (no exaggeration) over from my reception area, and they proceeded to set up the flowers with no hesitation. It was flawless and really rescued us at that moment. Everyone (myself included) were extremely impressed from that, and it was that moment that I realized that hiring her was the best decision I could have made. She helped the timeline flow, and the decorations she set up for me were absolutely beautiful. My husband and I are extremely grateful and without Karen, it wouldn't have been the success it was. So, thank you. - Jennifer Bonner (Rapkins)

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/22/2013

Karen was amazing! I seriously don't know what we would have done without her! She was present for every little detail that needed to be arranged/changed/organized. She was EXTREMELY responsive and professional. I can't imagine how my day would have gone without her!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Having Karen from When Sparks Fly as our wedding day co-ordinator was integral to the success of our special day. Months before the wedding date we met with her (multiple times!) to explain how we wanted the process to unfold and she was a wealth of knowledge that helped organize and clarify our vision. Her calming demeanor and professionalism were an anchor during a stressful planning time. Karen was always available to talk or answer questions, even offering to drive across the city on a Tuesday night to help with a craft project gone bad! All of this is nothing compared to how amazing she was on the actual wedding day. We had a sick bridesmaid and Karen had her fixed up just in time for the walk down the isle...then the seating plan showed up without place cards and it was a plated dinner for 130 people! Unbelievably Karen had name cards made up and placed on the tables, complete with the guests dinner choices in less than 2 hours. How she found time to do this, decorate the venue, calm me and supervise the ceremony I'll never know but I do know that we couldn't have had a wedding without her. From keeping the speeches on track to dealing with any issues or concerns Karen was friendly and efficient. My husband and I had the best and most stress free day because of Karen and believe that having her there was one of the best decisions we made regarding the wedding. We highly recommend using When Sparks Fly if having a wedding.....AMAZING!!!!!!!
    Cass and Aaron Kelly

Sent on 10/02/2013
  • User3519154 · 2+ years ago

Karen was awesome. She provided us with help in setting up a schedule for the day, and was a calming factor leading up to our wedding. On the day of, she was amazing! I didn't have to worry about anything getting done, any vendors getting there/set up or any details at all. She executed our plan perfectly. By far the best money we spent, we'd highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Heather · event on 06/09/2013

We used "When Sparks Fly" to plan our spring baby shower. Karen was friendly, flexible and accommodating. She took the time to really get to know our family, listen to our ideas and plan something that was perfect - beautiful, comfortable & fun. From the location to the table settings to the favors, we were more than pleased with every aspect of the baby shower & have beautiful memories from the day. We highly recommend When Sparks Fly and would use them again!

Sent on 09/06/2013