What's the Event? Reviews

20 | San Antonio, TX

20 Reviews for What's the Event?

Caitlin · Married on 08/01/2015

Very attentive. Can't wait until they DJ my wedding in August!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Marissa · Married on 05/09/2015

We hired Josh as our DJ and he went above and beyond the call of duty! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Josh with What's The Event. He assisted us with a crisis when I wasn't able to find someone to videotape our ceremony with our camera (I was going to do all of the editing myself - I just needed someone to point and shoot the camera) and Josh stepped up to the plate and offered his assistance. I had also called him about a month away from our wedding day asking if he could also play music during our ceremony when our original plans fell through and he said not a problem. We had hired him from a bridal extravaganza about 10 months before our wedding because they had an awesome deal of $750 at the time- he is worth every penny and then some! I highly recommend Josh if you are looking for a DJ and MC for your special day.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Cynthia · Married on 01/22/2015

Josh was great to work with. First impression I knew I could trust his judgement and expertise about music and the do's and dont's. He followed up with me as I was overwhelmed with planning and provided his guidance with creating us a timeline that was flawless. He works well with other vendors and ensure music with in tune with the attendees. Thanks Josh for providing great DJ services.

Sent on 02/02/2015

Roxanne · Married on 10/25/2014

Our guests never left the dance floor! Everything from the procession to the exit song flowed smoothly because Josh really knew what he was doing! I have recommended him to several people who have been highly satisfied!!

Sent on 06/09/2015
  • AMANDA

AMANDA · Married on 09/27/2014

I got married in September and hired a DJ that was not too great. In October my cousin got married and hired Josh, the DJ. He was awesome! I was so mad at myself for not finding him first! My husband and I made small talk with him that night and we told him we would keep in touch. This month my company had a holiday Christmas party and they wanted a DJ, I knew I had to call him. Hands down, a great guy and an awesome entertainer!

Sent on 12/17/2014

The DJ was one of my husband’s top priorities and Josh was perfect for the job. Josh was just what we needed for our wedding. He was so very organized and helpful in the couple weeks leading up to our wedding day, and his timeline for us was on point. He was the reason everything fell into place. He listened, took note, gave suggestions, and definitely lived up to everything he said he would do. Josh was very professional, genuine, and even dressed up to fit the style of our wedding. He had everybody on the dance floor, most importantly, he had my husband and I on the dance floor all night!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Becci was always there for me no matter what. She helped me design most elements of the wedding: table decor, ceremony decor and layout, my cake and the groom's cake, and DJ. She found our amazing venue that fit our price range and was absolutely perfect for our vintage theme. When I couldn't find a hair/makeup professional or a bilingual officiant 4 weeks before the wedding, she managed to find several of each that were still available and put me in contact with them. She was there for me almost like a mother or close aunt, which was so comforting because all my family lives out of town and couldn't be as much a part of the planning as they would have wanted. She came with me to try on wedding dresses and was even there when I had my first fitting. Thank goodness for her being there and standing up for me. The seamstress wasn't listening to me and my concerns about the adjustments until Becci found a manager and made her listen. She came to all cake tastings and really listened to our feedback and concerns and also helped us figure out exactly what we wanted our cakes to look like. Since her husband, Josh Brockman, was the DJ, she was able to be a part of the planning for the order of the reception as well. They were so organized and knew exactly what to ask us to help us figure out what we wanted in our reception. We had some unusual music choices, but no matter how obscure the song was, Josh made it all easy. I can't imagine how it all would have gone without them!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Marissa · Married on 10/19/2013

We were very happy with the DJ services by Josh of What's the Event. Before the event he was very organized and professional. He was also very flexible with all our requests and was understanding of our hectic schedule. We're glad that we was on top of things and was able to steer us the right direction when all the crazy wedding planning had us running around like crazy. Oh..and the crowd loved the music! We partied it up all night and all our guests loved the variety of music that he played throughout the night! A+

Sent on 11/14/2013

Martin and Alyssa · Married on 07/21/2013

Saved us in a last minute crisis. We had booked another DJ who ended up requesting more money than the contract stated. Thanks for helping and making it a great night!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Amber · Married on 07/20/2013

My husband and I worked along side Josh, as he was our DJ and officiant! He is super helpful and very friendly. The prices are so affordable and they offer a great military discount too! Josh tailored our music selection to be perfect for our ceremony and reception, as well as keeping on track with the timeline of events and announcements to keep the night flowing well. He went above and beyond for us, our original officiant fell through and Josh didn't hesitate to take the stress off of us by offering his services. He even ran to the corner store to grab bags of ice for our wedding just a few hours before the ceremony started! We have absolutely nothing but great things to say about Josh and would recommend him to anyone searching for a DJ or officiant!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2013

We met Becci at our last Bridal extravaganza and I knew I had to have her! She didn’t let us down, about a month out I gave her all of my vendor information and by the end of the day she had already emailed me back saying that she had been in contact with all my vendors and we are set to go. She is very well organized, she would send me time lines of what the Bride and Groom should be doing 2 weeks out and then the final week before. We gave her all of the information for our wedding and she was able to create a timeline that flowed throughout the night. THE DAY OF: I’m not sure if I would have survived without her, I arrived at my venue at noon to start hair and make-up and mostly everything had been completed, all of the programs and decorations were already out and we still had 5 hours to go. She would come in to my room frequently and make sure all was good. The make-up artist who came that day was not the same who had done my trial run, not even knowing a full picture of what I was wanting worried me, I turned to Becci, told her what my thoughts were and she was all over it. We had 1 minor issue the day of my wedding and that was that we had a bottle of red wine fall out of the fridge and break on the floor, of course I come running down to find Becci from her knees down with RED wine all over her WHITE pants and she was cool as a cucumber, without even a blink she was in the sink washing her pants off making sure I did get worried. Once the ceremony started everything was perfect, she helped line everyone up and came to get me when it was time and everything was perfect! My parents were able to enjoy the whole day and not stress a single moment. If you want a wedding planner who will make your day all about you and everything and more for you, go with Becci! She will be with you every step of the way, we can’t begin to thank her enough for everything she did for our wedding, it was truly magical!
    Samantha & Kevin Risner

Sent on 05/29/2013

Kisselda · Married on 01/11/2013

I met Heather middle of this year and right away I felt an instant connection. She is AMAZING! Very professional, knowledgable, responds quickly, never made me feel like I was bothering her (w/ so many questions) and friendly. I've been telling her (and I still do even though the wedding is done) that without her, I don't know how I would've done it! Our wedding day went very smoothly because Heather was organized and on top of things. She kept checking on me to make sure I am on time and that I don't forget anything. Our reception was beautiful because Heather made sure that everything we want is there and in place. There are SOOO many things Heather helped us with and I can go on and on, but no doubt, if we are given a chance to redo our wedding, I would not think twice about hiring Heather again! I am 100% sure that you will NOT regret it! Best decision!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Jessica · Married on 12/28/2012

Wow I honestly don't even know where to start. Bekki and her husband Josh, Helped me so much! My husband and I were active duty military when we first got married so we wanted a vow renewal in front of family and friends at home. In our unique situation Bekki was so helpful, understanding, professional and just brilliant. I enjoyed everything about her from her design ideas to just her easy going personality. We clicked right away and now I can say not only did I walk away with an Amazing wedding but a great friend as well. And if your worried about your budget don't be Bekki can work with anything! There is always a price you can find that works for you. I also want to add how much I love that her company is an all in one stop shop. Not only do they have DJ's and coordinator covered. But Bekki knows so many great people to get you the right price, the right idea, just the fit for you. I encourage you to contact her immediately and if your still unsure you can always call me for a reference at 757-513-2189

Sent on 02/20/2013

Lisa · Married on 12/15/2012

Ms. Becci and Mr. Josh were great working with us. Ms. Becci was able to help us along the way with the planning and the music Mr.Josh played was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 01/28/2013

Tawny · Married on 04/20/2012

Becci was very patient and understanding with the demands of my large wedding. She was always there to answer any questions I had. She made the process so easy for me. I had to work full time and I never took a day off to go meet vendors. She worked around my schedule and I never had to compromise my dreams and visions. Love Becci and her team

Sent on 01/16/2013

April · Married on 04/07/2012

Thanks to Becci my wedding ran very smoothly, I was so happy to have her there so I didn't have to stress about anything.

Sent on 01/23/2013

Joan · Married on 10/18/2008

Wow where to begin? After I got engaged and was thinking about starting the wedding planning, I was talking to Becci and she mentioned she would like to help us. The moment Becci became involved in our planning we realized we needed her so we did not stress ourselves out. Like most we were on a budget and Becci took the time to help us find the vendors we needed that fit our price range. She made sure when it came down to the day of that everything ran smoothly. Her relationship with vendors made us not even have to think about who to use for our DJ, linens, chairs, and photographer. Becci will not let you down she was always there every step of the way. We wanted a Tropical themed wedding and Becci did an AMAZING job. I just remember coming to the wedding site and not knowing what to expect and was so happy to see how beautiful it all turned out. You could not tell we were on a budget. All I have to say is if you need a wedding planner who knows her stuff and won't let you down, Becci is the one!!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Karen · Married on 10/26/2013

As the Mother of the bride she made it care free event for me.

Sent on 11/08/2013

emily · Married on 04/27/2013

What's the Event provided day of services for my wedding. While I had previously arranged the location, florist, photographer,entertainment, and food, What's the Event contacted all vendors to make sure the day went smoothly. Our only recommendations would be to make sure before Becci leaves that everything to follow is organized, after Becci left we were supposed to do the flower toss and garter toss- the photographer actually reminded us about these two events and there was no bouquet to throw so my photographer made a make shift bouquet out of a centerpiece and some lace. Becci and Josh were very helpful throughout the day of the wedding, it was nice not having to worry about arranging people's arrivals. If I had it to do over again I would not change a thing.

Sent on 07/13/2013

0.6
      1.0
      1.0

Unfortunately, we didn't have the greatest experience with this wedding planning business. We paid Becci $1,500 for month-of planning services which included her calling the cake vendor when I couldn't get in touch with her, scheduling vendors to arrive on site, showing up at the 30 day meeting (with her family), creating a timeline (which she doesn't want your input for), showing up at the rehearsal (family too), and showing up to the wedding (in jeans). She said she'd be responsible for getting gifts in the car but she actually got the groomsmen to do it. To be quite honest, she didn't even call me the week of the wedding nor did she follow up after the wedding. She was so uninvolved with me and my wedding, that she left around 6:15 to visit her husband DJing an event down the road. On the upside, her spouse is looking to get into personal training so he helped get me wedding dress ready within about 8 workout sessions. He called to offer it for free so that I could be a testimonial... seems I paid for that. If you want to feel great on your wedding day AND feel supported during the process, find someone else!

Sent on 08/16/2014