WG Special Events Coordinator Reviews

65 | San Juan, PR

65 Reviews for WG Special Events Coordinator

• Liz

Liz · Married on 04/15/2012

We recently had our wedding in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our ceremony was at El Morro and our reception was at El Convento. We cannot say enough about our wedding planner Wanda Garcia. This was a destination wedding so it was so crucial to have Wanda in San Juan. She provided us with names for all of our vendors and everyone she suggested was absolutely wonderful. She was timely in her communication with us and so knowledgeable in all she did. Wanda is extremely professional and remained calm throughout the whole wedding process. She planned events for us on Friday night, Saturday night, and coordinated our wedding day on Sunday. We had many different events and she made it all happen! All our special events were organized and we did not have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. Wanda also worked hard to coordinate two trips for us to Puerto Rico prior to the wedding and arranged for us to meet all the vendors . Wanda's focus was always making sure we were happy with everything! I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Angel · Married on 02/18/2012

I started working with Wanda a year in advance of my wedding date, and she helped me through almost every aspect of the wedding planning process for all items being handled in Puerto Rico. I had the privilege of traveling to Puerto Rico to interview wedding planners in person, and I was most impressed with Wanda. She was sophisticated, knowledgeable, and she seemed like someone who would be easy to work with. And I was right! Hiring Wanda was one of the best decisions we made - she was a true professional the entire process. I was in New York and finishing school, so I have very little time to research vendors and vet them. Wanda was able to provide multiple recommendations of vendors she worked with and trusted, which gave me a sense of ease when making decisions. Also, because she had relationships with the various vendors we worked with, she was able to facilitate certain things that I might not have been able to do so - relationships do matter.

I was able to travel to Puerto Rico a couple of times before the wedding so I did chose both locations that we used. We hosted a Welcome Party and the El San Juan Hotel and our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at El Convento. Wanda knew and had relationships with the catering managers at both hotels, and she did a lot of work behind the scenes with them to make sure that both events were perfect. When we traveled to Puerto Rico, Wanda was able to set up meetings with all of the vendors that I had requested. She kept us on schedule, and put us a great ease. Wanda was always in contact with the vendors, staying on top of things, and reconfirming details and changes. Working with Wanda was easy because I knew exactly what I wanted from various vendors, and she knew who to go to and how to make it happen.

Wanda was irreplaceable on the day of. I did not have to answer a call from a single vendor. She handled all the day of details and she did a great job. She knew what I wanted and I trusted her. I was able to enjoy my day and be stress free, and that is the most important feeling when you are about to walk down the isle. She was the first person there and the last person to leave - and she had all the details of the event under control, which was a tall order. For our weekend we had 5 vendors alone for music, a cigar roller, a photo booth, photographer for two parties, two full scale events, two florists and lots of other vendors and details which she managed very well. I would recommend Wanda without a doubt - she was a terrific person to work with.

Sent on 03/14/2012

Paola · Married on 10/15/2011

Wanda is an excellent wedding planner! I contacted several wedding coordinators prior to deciding on one and what stood out about Wanda was her level of professionalism from the get go. She was the only one who responded promptly and sent me a proposal that detailed everything she would do for us.

I live in Michigan so we communicated mainly by e-mail and a few phone calls. She was very prompt in responding to my e-mails and in finding vendors that I still needed. She also provided ideas and suggestions based on her vast experience. Although I have lived in Puerto Rico in the past planning our wedding from Michigan was challenging. Hiring Wanda was the best decision we made. She made everything run smoothly and if anything did not go according to plan, I did not even notice because Wanda was there all day to make sure I did not worry about a thing.

I truly enjoyed working with Wanda. She took much of the stress of the wedding off my shoulders. She is a very pleasant person and her level of organization was amazing. Even my guests commented on her performance the day of the wedding. She did an excellent job planning our rehearsal dinner as well. Even though I did not meet her personally until a couple days before the wedding she did an excellent job of capturing the ideas and ambiance I wanted for my wedding. Everything was perfect! I would recommend her to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Katelyn · Married on 06/18/2011

Wanda was absolutely terrific and by far exceeded all our expectations as our wedding planner! We are from NYC and were having a destination wedding in Puerto Rico, so it was very important we had someone focused on our wedding who knew the area and vendors very well. From day one, Wanda was a pleasure to work with and truly made our day a dream come true! Given we were not located where the wedding was, I was concerned at first with not being able to be there all the time, but Wanda made everything so smooth and took away all the stress of the planning process. Most of our communication was done over email, and Wanda was very prompt and detailed in her responses to us. The couple of times we did go to PR before the wedding, she was on top of everything and had all the appropiate meetings in place for us. We could not have been happier with all the vendors she suggested as well and Wanda thought of every small detail possible. She truly tied everything together and it was the perfect wedding thanks to all of her planning. I only wish i could do it again :) I would highly recommend Wanda to anyone having a wedding in PR! Thank you again Wanda for everything - we appreciate it all so much!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Christina · Married on 01/15/2011

This review is long overdue, but almost 2 1/2 years later (our actual wedding date was 2/26/11 - ignore Jan date below), we still receive so many compliments on how great our wedding in Puerto Rico was to attend. I have no doubt that the reason that our wedding went so well was because of the planning and coordination that Wanda Garcia provided for us.

Being based in New York, we had limited availability to fly down to PR and look at venues and vendors, but Wanda was incredibly responsive and helpful in guiding us through the process. When we did manage to fly down to PR before our wedding, our visits were carefully coordinated and our time was used very efficiently making the visit productive.

All in all, I highly recommend using Wanda as your wedding coordinator - you will be in very good hands and have the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • Raquel

Raquel · Married on 11/13/2010

Wanda Garcia is a great wedding planner! We hired her about 5 months before our wedding and met two months later in August. I must have drove her crazy with the amount of emails and pictures I sent her. At first, I couldn't make up my mind about the color scheme for my Spanish themed wedding. I had so many concerns about how they would look in the very artsy/busy Salon Martorell at the Hotel El Convento. She was so patient with me and offered many ideas and combination ideas. She was also extremely helpful in securing the vendors. Cakemaster Cassandra Davis recreated a cake that I sent her a picture of and it was so delicious that we ate the top part during our honeymoon. It never made it into the freezer! She was on target with the florist Gadiel Valentin who did the most amazing work on my imperial table centerpieces and bouquets. She secured the most amazing flamenco dancers, cigar rollers, ceremony musicians, cocktail trio and welcome dinner steel band. I truly got the best prices going through her.

During our weekend trip in August she even secured a tasting for us at our reception venue even though they don't normally do that for smaller weddings. We were treated like royalty. She also took us to meet the florist and gave us samples of cake and favors. We ended up ordering beautiful wooden boxes of Spanish Turron candy from Wanda directly. She personalized the gift cards to coordinate with our theme.

When we arrived in Puerto Rico for our wedding, she took us to get all of the marriage paperwork. We had forgotten a very important notarized letter and she went out of her way to find us a local notary and drove us there. This proved not to be so easy in PR as it is in the states but she made it happen. She was present at both my welcome reception Friday night as well as my wedding on Saturday and ready to take care of anything that came up. There were definitely a few kinks as to be expected but she kept her cool and always managed to calm me down. I would highly recommend her and feel free to email me with questions or for pictures.

Sent on 11/24/2010

Karisa · Married on 10/10/2010

I recently got married on October 10, 2010 at the Gran Melia in Puerto Rico. I started working with Wanda about eight months prior to my wedding date. I am from New York and knew that I needed someone to help me coordinate my special day, especially because of the language barrier (since spanish is the primary language in Puerto Rico). I interviewed several wedding coordinators in addition to Wanda. I chose Wanda because she gave me the best ideas and scenarios for my wedding which told me that she really listened to my vision.

So I went into contract with her and continued to experience great service. She linked me up with vendors who had professional websites which displayed pictures of their high quality work. This gave me confidence in her and the vendors.

Wanda had our best interest at heart and went the extra mile to ensure our happiness. For example, when we were trying to find a location and were quoted an amount that was ridiculously too high, she told me so and advised me against that option. Also, she originally quoted us a higher fee for her service if we chose a location outside of the metro area because of the extra cost of her travel but when we couldnt find a venue in the metro area that would satisfy us and told her that we were going to have the ceremony at our resort (45 minutes from the metro area) she told us that she would not charge us the higher fee saying that our satisfication was more important to her.

When I finally met Wanda, the first thing I noticed was her immaculate appearance. Right then and there I knew she took pride in her work because of the way she took care of herself. When we went to the goverment center to apply for the marriage license and were told that we would have to come back because staff went on a lunch break, she went above and beyond her call of duty and treated us to lunch at a very nice bistro, which reaffirmed her good taste.

Before the wedding, I watched Wanda in action with the vendors and she was completely determined to make this day as special as possible for me and was very enthusiastic when dealing with me. As the wedding day started to unfold, I saw first hand the professionalism and quality of work of the vendors that Wanda works with. We received fabulous service from everyone involved.

Everything went very smoothly to my knowledge because Wanda dealth with everything behind the scenes and told me not to worry about a thing.

I would highly recommend her service to any bride. She is fantastic! Thanks again Wanda!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Camille · Married on 10/09/2010

I highly recommend using Wanda Garcia's services. We are based in the DC area and there was so much that I didn't have to worry about with Wanda as our coordinator.

She was excellent with following up with us and making sure that we had everything we needed to help the wedding day go smoothly. The marriage license process was so much easier with Wanda's help.

Wanda helped recommend a few of our vendors and they were excellent recommendations.

I know that the wedding day would have been much more stressful without Wanda's calm presence and ability to manage the entire wedding day.

My husband and I will be forever grateful for the services that Wanda provided for the events leading up to and on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/26/2010
  • leah51pr

Isaura · Married on 12/20/2009

Hiring Wanda Garcia as our wedding planner was absolutely the best decision we made in regards to our wedding. I'm in the military and got engaged six months into a 15 month deployment to Iraq. I contacted Wanda and other wedding coordinators around Puerto Rico's metro area through wedding wire. She replied immediately and we were impressed with her professionalism, knowledge and experience. I was probably a nightmare for Wanda. I'm Puerto Rican so I knew the area and wanted everything to be perfect. We planned the whole wedding by email. Wanda helped me with every little detail from calling my dad to get addresses for the guests to finding the best fashion designer in Puerto Rico to make my wedding dress for a fraction of the cost. I saw my dress for the first time six days before the wedding and it was gorgeous! The wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Wanda. All my friends from the US and Puerto Rico loved it. But most importantly we enjoyed the whole experience because Wanda was always there to take care of everything. She is simply the best!

Sent on 01/16/2010

Arwen · Married on 06/20/2009

My Wedding Planner, Wanda Garcia from WG Special Events, was so outstanding. I would highly recommend her if you are considering using a wedding planner. She has wonderful vendors and her professionalism is above and beyond.

She handled every detail of my destination wedding perfectly! She is very detailed and doesn't miss anything!

Sent on 07/01/2009

Myra · Married on 01/26/2008

My destination wedding in San Juan, P.R. was exactly as I imagined it. Thanks to Wanda at WG for all her knowkedge, experience, patience and the ability to resolve any last minute issue, I had my "Dream Wedding". Wanda is the most detailed-oriented person I've ever met, and she is absolutely the right person for any couple seeking a destination wedding in San Juan, P.R. My husband and I, my family and friends will always remember my wedding as "one of a kind".

Sent on 06/11/2008

Christal · Married on 05/25/2014

We hired Wanda Garcia as our wedding coordinator in Puerto Rico. My (now) husband and I were dead set on making our destination wedding become a reality, so we interviewed 4 coordinators in total and were blown away by Wanda's professionalism, creativity, responsiveness and just overall industry experience. Wanda is native to Puerto Rico, which means that her network of vendors is beyond imagination. We had a "budget" for the wedding and Wanda provided a Plan A, B, C, etc and then a contingency plan to ensure that our vision came to life. Wanda was completely supportive and available throughout our 18 month engagement and even coordinated prep trips for us. During the prep trips, we met our vendors, completed food tastings, cake tastings, etc. Upon arrival for the wedding (May 2014), Wanda worked her magic behind the scenes and executed the week long festivities leading up to the wedding. My wedding.. I mean, we could not have asked for a more perfect event. Wanda provided recommendations for everything! She knew each vendor/site like the back of her hand. I trusted her 100% and she exceeded all expectations. The wedding day was flawless, the vendors.. flawless, caterer.. flawless. I honestly have no complaints. All I can do is sing Wanda's praises. Thank you Wanda Garcia for making our dreams come true!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Jill · Married on 06/05/2011

I highly recommend Wanda Garcia as your Puerto Rico wedding planner. She did a fantastic job for my wedding. I was based in New York while wedding planning, my mother was in Alabama, and my mother-in-law was in Georgia, so we were a bit complicated to work with and keep everyone informed and comfortable with all decisions. Our wedding was larger than a typical destination (175 people) and included multiple events throughout a 4 days weekend at multiple venues. We also had religious needs (Jewish) which is not common in PR so that required some extra detailed planning. Wanda handled everything beautifully! She was most helpful leading up to the wedding when we visited Puerto Rico to meet with vendors and make decisions. She would block off multiple entire days to spend with us driving all over town. Most of the vendor she recommended turned out great, although we did spend a bit more than we meant to because Wanda has good taste :) I think Wanda charges an extremely reasonable fee for her services, especially considering the amount of time she is willing to spend with you if you visit PR before your wedding. You can trust a wedding in her hands!

Sent on 01/09/2012

pari · Married on 11/27/2009

I would recommend Wanda to anyone looking to get married in San Juan, PR. I had a destination wedding and Wanda was great with planning my wedding even though I live all the way in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Wanda looked for great vendors that were within our budget and was always very professional yet friendly. She also stayed all through the wedding as a coordinator for the day. I had an exceptional wedding thanks to friends, family and good planning :)
    Pariola

Sent on 03/17/2010

Kara · Married on 08/03/2017

I thought I could plan my desitnation wedding all by myself. I did a pretty decent job but in the last few weeks I realized I didn't want to have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. I wanted to focus on me and enjoy every minute of the days events. After contacting several planners and getting quotes I decided to hire Wanda. It was one of the best decisions I made in regards to my wedding. She made sure all of our ducks were in a row before the big day and suggested several great ideas that realy enhanced the ceremony and reception. She was always quick to respond when I had questions and kept an open line of communcation between me and the vendors. Our wedding day went as smooth as anyone could have dreamed and we owe a majority of that to Wanda!

Sent on 08/07/2017