WG Special Events Coordinator Reviews

65 | San Juan, PR

65 Reviews for WG Special Events Coordinator

We live in Virginia and decided to host our wedding in Puerto Rico since my grandmother was unable to travel outside PR. A family friend referred us to Wanda Garcia. We had contacted several wedding planners that were not responsive to our calls and emails. Wanda returned our call the same day we called her. Wanda is a professional wedding planner with almost 20 years of experience in the industry and has many established reputable connections. Wanda responded to every single email and phone call we made to her over the course of our wedding preparations and afterwards. There are many planners in this industry in PR but I can say that Wanda is the ultimate professional. We wanted a planner skilled in interfaith weddings, and mindful of religious and cultural customs; excellent time management skills; and outstanding wedding vendors. My husband and I also wanted to see ‘creativity’ in the wedding décor and design. Wanda delivered to help us create a wedding that shined with unity, harmony, beauty and excellence. She made it easier for us since she knew the protocol and traditions for Hindu wedding ceremonies. We had an interfaith wedding, Hindu & Christian, with two ceremonies and reception. One ceremony was in the morning and one in the afternoon right before the reception. My husband brought his Hindu priest to officiate the Hindu ceremony. I had contacted a minister known to my family to officiate our Christian ceremony but she was not responsive. I mentioned this situation to Wanda and she quickly contacted a minister she had worked with in other weddings. She confirmed his availability for our wedding. We had two guest lists and a very tight schedule to have these three events on the same day. My two recommendations for anyone planning a wedding: hire Wanda Garcia as your planner and secondly, hire a videographer to memorialize your ceremony. Through the video we were able relive each moment and share it with family and friends.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Laura · Married on 03/07/2015

Professional, patient and your best resource when planning a destination wedding.
    Wanda made sure that everything was perfect for our wedding. Her experience as event planner made a BIG difference for us. All the vendors that she suggested where great and we could not have dreamed of a wedding like ours if it was not for her advice and professionalism.
    We interviewed 5 wedding planners and she was the only one we wanted to work with. Do yourself a favor and hire this wonderful wedding planner!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Eden · Married on 03/01/2015

Wanda was amazing! Early on in the planning process, I thought I could handle planning a destination wedding myself. About two months before the wedding, I realized in order to ensure everything was executed the way we had envisioned it, we would need someone on the ground. From the moment we started working with Wanda our stress level decreased. She "fixed" so many issues for us so that our day could be perfect. As with other reviews, I completely agree that she is a bargain, for the level of service she provides, at the prices she charges. I would highly recommend Wanda to anyone who is planning a destination wedding.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Kelly · Married on 01/18/2015

A GREAT pick for any mainland-US clients doing a Puerto Rico destination wedding.

Wanda provided my husband and I with the wedding of our dreams at the El San Juan Resort & Casino in San Juan, PR. The best thing about Wanda is that if you are getting married at the ESJ, Wanda knows EVERYONE at the hotel as well as all of the hotel's preferred vendors. She can make things happen on her own as well as advise you on how best to plan your ESJ event since she's done it so many times before there. This was important to us because we are not from Puerto Rico, don't speak Spanish, and didn't have much time to visit the venue or meet with vendors away from our home in New Jersey.

Aside from her knowledge of my wedding venue, Wanda was so meticulous, detail-oriented, professional, punctual, and organized with planning my events (we had a welcome reception, rehearsal dinner, wedding-day events, and farewell brunch)! When my makeup artist told me Wanda was like a drill sergeant, she wasn't lying!! I highly, highly recommend her as she really stays on top of things ahead of time and hangs back once the events are underway so that you can just relax and enjoy yourself. She is much more reasonably priced than some other coordinators on the island, and if you are prepared to do some of the prep work on your own and ship items to her, she is great with handling a destination wedding for mainland US clients such as my husband and I since she will take up to 5 boxes of shipped supplies ahead of time, and transport them to your hotel/venue in Puerto Rico.

Best wedding planner EVER! Thanks, Wanda!

Cheers!

Sent on 05/09/2015

Wanda Garcia was extremely professional, very personable and responsive and willing to spend as much time as necessary to discuss all aspects of the event. She was very organized and a great resource for other vendors that we used for our event. Ms. Garcia was also willing to go beyond the terms of the contract in order to assist us with other event related activities. We were extremely pleased with her service, felt very comfortable communicating with her and would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Sarah · Married on 12/13/2014

Wanda was AMAZING. We live in DC and decided to have a destination wedding at Hotel El Convento in San Juan. While doing research, I had fallen in love with a picture of a wedding at the hotel and almost a year later, Wanda recreated the picture for our wedding and helped us add the extra details that made it our perfect wedding. Wanda even tracked down the same beautiful linens!

Throughout the year of planning, Wanda always responded promptly via email. We also had several long phone calls. We joked that these were our therapy sessions because by the end each call, we were so relaxed. When we arrived in Puerto Rico and met Wanda, she lived up to our expectations. She helped us seamlessly navigate the Puerto Rican marriage requirements, ensured the set up of the ceremony and reception and that the day flowed the way we had planned, only offering suggestions that enhanced the experience.

On the day of the wedding, we were able to concentrate on being bride and groom and not worry about the planning. It wasn't until after the wedding, that we realized how much Wanda had done behind the scenes. For example, throughout the year, we had sent her a list of ideas for the wedding such as having balloons for a fun picture. On the day of the wedding, the balloons arrived and we got our perfect picture. It wasn't until the next day that we learned that Wanda's daughter had fought festival traffic to bring us the balloons from a Party City on the other side on San Juan.

Wanda went above her duties as a wedding planner and helped us arrange activities for our guests including a hike in El Yunque for 20 people and a Bacardi Rum Tour for 15 people. She also helped us arrange our rehearsal dinner at Barrachina. When working with the other vendors, it was clear that there were giving us 100% of their attention knowing that Wanda would check in with us and that nothing less than perfection was expected.

We whole heartedly recommend Wanda!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2014

Wanda is has by far exceeded any expectations of a wedding planner. Not only was she a mentor through the entire year and a half of wedding planning but she made my welcome party, rehearsal dinner and wedding day the best days of my life and I owe it to her. Wanda is professional and came very highly recommended from the ritz and I am so grateful we hired her. The vendors she recommended were fantastic she ensured everything went as smoothly as physically possible. My wedding was flawless Wanda was early for everything and stayed later than I did for each event. She advocated for my husband and my needs when it came to budgets and desires and it would not have been even half as successful if it weren't for her, there is NO way she charges enough for all she did and words cannot express our gratitude for the ease of planning and outcome of all our collaboration. If you question who to hire I am telling you you are a fool if you pick any other wedding planner. I've made a friend and highly highly highly recommend her for any function that anyone wants to be phenomenal! And my husband and parents and in laws agree- she was available to everyone and everyone will be recommending destination weddings in PR by Wanda Garcia!!

Colleen · Married on 11/08/2014

Wanda was fabulous!! There is absolutely nothing that was overlooked. All her referred vendors were very professional and I would recommend them highly. From start to finish she was there every step of the way. I truly wish I had another affair to plan so I could use her again!!!

Celine · Married on 09/20/2014

Best wedding planner ever. She was super professional and worked well with me, my husband, and my in-laws to plan a great wedding. Has great advice, not super pushy and very well organized. I would recommend her. She was very responsive with her emails and helping us when we made our menu's ourselves and our rehearsal dinner e-vites. She help planned my rehearsal dinner as well together with my in-laws which is a big plus and help with a few surprises such as our best man singing opera and surprising us with a Mariachi band. Great help with budgeting as well, saved us a lot by working on the quote with the venue. She received great compliments from everybody at our wedding for going so smoothly and making it look great.

Sonia A · Married on 08/09/2014

We hired the services of MS Wanda Garcia to coordinate our 40TH Aniversary dinner and reception at the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel in Condado, San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The experience was excellent and the outcome more than expected. My husband and I are very happy to have had the Help and assistance of Ms Wanda Garcia.\ It was a dream event, beautiful, elegant and well planned.\
    We wish everyone the same luck we had..

Sent on 08/21/2014

Marisel · Married on 06/24/2014

I had a destination wedding, arriving from a cruise ship to San Juan PR. Wanda was so helpful in all the planning aspects. Wanda recommended vendors that where very professional, all my vendors were great! I could not have done it without her. All my guests said how beautiful everything turned out to be considering I wasn't there on a daily basis, thanks to my wedding planner Wanda she made it possible, everything was perfect!
    Thank you Wanda for making my day so special!!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Megan · Married on 06/21/2014

Wanda was amazing! We interviewed several wedding planners and she is the ONLY person we even considered working with. Our wedding weekend in Puerto Rico was perfect thanks to all of Wanda's help and ideas!

Sent on 07/09/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/10/2014

Wanda is simply amazing! She took all the worry out of planning a destination wedding and went above and beyond to help us create the most amazing wedding, and rehearsal dinner! Not only was she ever only an hour or two away from responding to an email, but she always seemed to be a step ahead in the process. Her calm demeanor, and her amazing attention to detail helped ease our nerves as the weekend approached. She sent us the best vendors in PR, and never gave up until we were satisfied. It was clear that all of our vendors loved working with her too.
    Due to weather, our wedding day was not exactly the day we planned--but thanks to Wanda, it was truly exceptional. Once it was clear we would not be able to have our ceremony outside, she was able to help create, in a limited amount of time, the most magical ceremony experience. Our ceremony ended up being a complete surprise to me, which made it that much more special and amazing when I finally got to walk down the aisle. Wanda is worth her wait in gold! The weekend could not have gone any better, and we are so thankful for her unbelievable services!

Sent on 07/05/2014

mary · Married on 02/08/2014

Wanda is the absolute best! From the beginning stages of planning, to the big day and even afterwards she was great to work with. She helped make our wedding better than I could have imagined. We used her recommendations for vendors, all of which were wonderful. She was easy to work with from far away, over email and phone calls. When I did got o San Juan to do some planning, she set up all of the appointments and made it super easy.
    I went from not wanting to be too involved in planning, to wanting to be involved completely. She transitioned well with me, which makes me confident she can perfect fit for all kinds of brides.
    I can honestly say that Wanda went above and beyond for our wedding. I can't say enough about her! I would 100% recommend her.

Sent on 04/30/2014

Sheena · Married on 08/31/2013

I cannot praise Wanda Garcia enough--She was fabulous to work with!!! Her attention to detail and her level of organization took away a lot of the stress that is associated with planning a wedding. She has long-standing relationships with very reputable vendors in Puerto Rico, and a TON of experience under her belt. She made my wedding event truly memorable, and I am indebted to her!!! I wouldn't have changed a thing, and many of guests wanted to know "who was the mastermind behind it all." I will certainly use Wanda again if I ever have a special event to plan in the future--even if I have to fly her to Upstate New York!!!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Sezen · Married on 04/13/2013

Wanda Garcia, we are so grateful to you for such an amazing destination wedding weekend in Puerto Rico . We live in New York and Wanda made sure that we were matched with the best vendors in Puerto Rico that would give us the best service. We met up with her in PR twice before our wedding to select a venue, and vendors. She joined all the meetings with us and shared her extensive experience with us to help us in our selections Thanks to her we did not have to worry about a thing once we arrived in PR with our family and friends.She even came to our welcome party the day before the wedding just to make sure that everything was going to go flawless. We had a complicated wedding since our ceremony was at El Morro, the reception at El Convento, and we stayed at La Concha . Wanda took care of all the transportation arrangements so well that everything worked out so smoothly and just as planned .She is super professional, responsive, understanding , and such a pleasure to work with it. She has this extra calming affect when you are having your little bride moments feeling overwhelmed . Our wedding was so beautiful and I as a bride could not have asked for anything better really. Whatever we asked for she made sure that she found it . We had flamenco dancers and even a belly dancer at our wedding . I highly recommend Wanda as a wedding planner if you are looking for the best ! Thank you so much again Wanda Garcia .

Sent on 06/23/2013

Lydia · Married on 03/23/2013

Wanda was amazing and an excellent choice for any bride looking to get married in PR. Our wedding in PR was a destination that had people coming from all across the country. When we decide on PR we took a trip there and met with different planners because we knew we needed someone there to help us. We knew we wanted to work with Wanda immediately.
    I can't say enough how great she is to work with. She was always responsive in answering any questions we had via email or phone. She was not only great at recommending vendors to choose from, but helped us though every step including setting up and going to all the final meetings with us. I think it is also important to note that every vendor genuinely loved working with her as well.
    We had our final vendor meetings on Wednesday and Thursday, a day of planned outings and events on Friday, and the wedding on Saturday. Wanda was there each day and helped us plan all of it. The day of the wedding, she made sure everything ran smoothly and we could not have been happier! We had a long day since we decided to take our photos at El Morro before the ceremony. Afterward, the ceremony and reception were at the Condado Vanderbilt - which we would have never found if she had not recommend we stop by during our first trip. She was also very friendly with our families and everyone was amazed at how beautiful and great everything turned out.
    If you are planning a destination wedding in PR I highly suggest going with Wanda. She really did help us make our wedding everything we wanted and more.

Sent on 09/15/2013

Tameka · Married on 01/05/2013

In September 2012 my fiancé and I decided to wed in San Juan, PR. Neither of us had been to Puerto Rico, but after extensive research we felt it would fit our travel needs and the backdrop for a destination wedding seemed phenomenal.

I knew I wanted the ceremony to take place at El Morro, so I began looking for wedding coordinators that had experience with my location of choice. Through my research, I found Wanda Garcia and high reviews regarding her services. After communicating with Wanda through email and over the phone, I was excited to begin working with her.

Wanda is very professional, prompt, and knowledgeable. She has exceeded our expectations in every way, from helping us secure El Morro for our ceremony and El Convento for our reception to answering any and every question I had regarding music, the marriage license, transportation and so on. I had a specific look I wanted for the wedding/reception and Wanda was able to help create and facilitate my dream wedding. Although we did everything by phone and email, Wanda was wonderful with large and small details. We all were wowed with how everything turned out and my guests commented on how great the ceremony and reception were.

I am extremely happy with the decision we made and wouldn't change any aspect of it. Thank you Wanda!!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Kate · Married on 10/27/2012

Nine months ago I read reviews on this website while planning my wedding. I saw glowing recommendations for Wanda and decided to sign with her without even meeting her. It was hands down the best decision I made throughout all my wedding planning. Quite frankly, I do not know what I would have done without her. I am so excited to now share my glowing recommendation as I consider her to be absolutely amazing.

I am from Boston and planned my wedding in Puerto Rico through email and one visit to meet with vendors and Wanda. I have very little time at work to be in front of a computer. Wanda helped me with every single detail. She was always quick to respond to emails. She gave me multiple vendors to choose from. Most importantly, she guided me through the process. She would tell me things I would need to consider and then give me space to make the decision that felt right for us. She worked with us to find a vision and was flexible when we made changes. Wanda made everything easier and fun. There were so many things I would never have thought of without her guidance. The vendors she works with respect her and are motivated to provide a wonderful experience.

I was moved by her dedication to create the perfect wedding for us. She was so motivated to have everything just as we hoped. She even worked with my mother in law to insure that the rehearsal dinner was perfect.

I could not have been more pleased on the day of the wedding. Everything was beautiful. She was instrumental in making sure the night ran smoothly. I feel blessed that I found Wanda. My mom and I said to each other over and over this year, we would be lost without her. I have friends that have used wedding planners in the states and NONE have even come close to the service that Wanda provides. I would recommend her whole heartedly to anyone looking to add ease and joy to the process of planning a wedding. She is passionate about her work and an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 11/13/2012

N. · Married on 08/18/2012

These comments will seem redundant after reading all the other fantastic reviews of Wanda Garcia's services as a wedding planner, however, she was SO GOOD that we must add to the compliments. We had a destination wedding at the San Juan Ritz Carlton and engaged Wanda to assist us with only 3 months lead time. Wanda made herself available at our convenience to do whatever was needed. Her recommendations for the florist, the entertainment, the cake, the wedding favors and the rehearsal dinner location were terific, and each treated us, like Wanda, as if we were the only event they had to serve.

As great as Wanda's services were, what makes her truly special (and unusual), is her attitude, professionalism and sincere desire to make your wedding the unforgetable event that it should be. Being a professional that works on an hourly basis myself, i was stunned by the amount of time that Wanda spent with my wife and I on every detail, including attending not only the rehearsal dinner to its conclusion (while refusing to eat anything), but also staying through to the end of the reception to make sure all the billing details were properly handled. Her fee was more than reasonable, in fact, for the time and quality provided, she was a bargain.

My wife and I would recommend Wanda to anyone who wants assistance in Puerto Rico with any type of event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/26/2012

Ally · Married on 08/18/2012

I really cannot say enough about Wanda Garcia. She is absolutely wonderful! She has a lot of experience and knows the best people to use to keep stress down. She has an excellent reputation in the community. She is very professional yet caring and humble at the same time. I felt that her prices were reasonable considering all the work she did. I would highly recommend Wanda to any bride getting married in Puerto Rico. Leave the preparation in her hands, she's a professional.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Diana · Married on 08/10/2012

Wanda was awesome. She keeps everyone on track and ensures everything goes as smooth as possible. She is very familiar with destination weddings and has wonderful expertise in weddings. My bridesmaids didn't like her bossiness but I loved it. If they would have paid attention, then they wouldn't have gotten yelled at!haha

Sent on 08/27/2012

Tori · Married on 08/04/2012

I can't even begin to express how much my wedding coordinator Wanda Garcia helped make my wedding fun and memorable. It was very difficult for me to even concentrate on a wedding when my husband was deployed in afganistan and i was stationed overseas. But wanda made it all happen with her patience, professionalism, and knowledge of wedding planning. Even when things started to take a turn for the worst, two days before the wedding, I found out that my parents were not coming to my wedding. They were a very important part of my big day. I was so devistated. But wanda stepped in and not only calmed me down, but she made it so the wedding still went perfectly to plan and even better than I expected. For this i will always remember and be thankful for Wanda Garcia. I would recommend her to anyone. she is the best! thank you so much once again wanda.

Sent on 08/17/2012

Jannies · Married on 07/07/2012

I attempted to plan my destination wedding in Puerto Rico from Chicago on my own and found that I needed help. We received a handful of references for a wedding planner from our hotel catering manager. Wanda stood out to us right away as she was very responsive and provided references to vendors for us right away. With her connections, she practically paid for her fees as I was getting quoted some pretty outrageouse prices from various vendors.

Wanda takes the time to explain the process and her years of experience is very evident in her advice and direction. She is concise and does not waste time and is completely professional from the beginning to the end. I would have been completely lost with out her insight.

My wedding was absolutely beautiful, thanks to the recommended florist and event disigner reffered by Wanda and it was practially stress free because of her great planning and resourcefulness.

Thanks for making my life so much easier during the entire planning process. You are wonderful and I wish you the absolute best!!!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Susana · Married on 05/18/2012

There a no words to describe what a big role Wanda Garcia played in making my wedding day a magical one. I started working with Wanda about 8 months prior to my wedding date and I can honestly say that the day would not have been same without her. I had my ceremony at the Cathedral in Old San Juan and my reception in El Convento. Not only did she make the planning an easy process, considering it was a destination wedding, but her relationships with vendors was truly impressive. Anyone who has tried to work with the Cathedral knows how difficult it is to be on the same page with the people in charge there, but Wanda made the process so easy. From the moment I met Wanda, I knew I had lucked out. Not only does she look professional, but her organization and attention to detail really help you feel at ease when planning a destination wedding.

She was able to make recommendations that enhanced our wedding day so much and was there every step of the way. We only visited PR once prior to the big day, but her immediate email responses and availability truly made me feel like I was the only bride in the world. Being a perfectionist myself, I thought it would be very difficult to not have control of a lot of things during the big day, but I felt extremely comfortable and at ease with Wanda being there every step of the way.

All of our guests raved about how organized and well thought out every aspect of our wedding was, and it was thanks to Wanda that I managed to survive the stress of such a big event. I would recommend her instantly to any bride out there who appreciates dedication, hard work, attention to detail, timely responses, knowledge of the industry and professionalism. I literally just got married 4 days ago so I have yet to receive my photographs and video but based on the service we received from all the other vendors she recommended I am positive that everything will be of superior quality.

She was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!