Westminster Reviews

Westminster 5
Westminster 6
Westminster 7

Julia · Married on 06/26/2014

Westminster Hall & Chapel was the perfect venue for our wedding and reception! The chapel was nondenominational and its stained glass windows on all four sides provided light and incredible character to the room. Plenty of beautiful wooden pews and a nicely arranged altar worked well for pictures. The hall was gorgeous - two levels, a bar, a buffet room, and a room to hide the bride while the groom got ready for the ceremony. Outside was picturesque and the park behind was great for romantic photos.

Rachel and her crew were nothing but professional and clearly knew exactly what they were doing! Every question I had along the way was answered and the day of was smooth as butter due to their coordination of all the vendors and the event itself.

I would HIGHLY recommend having your wedding at Westminster Hall & Chapel. It was the best place I could have chosen to have the best day of my life.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Chris · Married on 04/08/2017

The staff (Angela and Rachel) were amazing to work with. They were very good with organizing all the components that made the day great. They were in constant contact and were attentive to all the requests we had. The only concern I had was with the caterer that works with Westminster- there were some issues with a few of the meals being cold when served. Luckily, the staff was able to remedy that quickly so the few guests impacted could have a hot meal. The DJ service that was recommended to us was amazing and we loved the way the reception hall and chapel were decorated for our wedding. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Linda · Married on 10/04/2015

I couldn't wait to get on here and write a review, I was that excited about our experience at Westminster. Not only is the venue beautiful but Rachel and Angela are a joy to work with. They truly made us and our event feel special, as if we were the only people they were working with although it's obvious that they have a lot going on there, which they run smoothly and flawlessly, by the way. They thought of everything right down to the smallest detail. They happily responded to every question we had and accommodated several special requests. I could go on and on, but I'll just say that I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/05/2015
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 08/06/2010

I fell in love with the Westminster Hall and Chapel just from looking at the pictures online. But once I arrived onsite, I knew it was the perfect place for my wedding. My husband and I are both from out of town and we also had alot of people driving from Albany and NYC so having the ceremony and the reception in the same place was a must. Angela was so helpful from begining till the very end, she was very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Michelle · Married on 01/06/2018

Christina was a pleasure to work with! Was very responsive throughout the planning process. She took care of everything the day of the wedding to ensure our only job was to have fun! There’s no one else I would have rather had helping me along the way.

Sent on 02/27/2018
  • Hannah

Hannah Stewart-Wheeler · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Amazing first visit

Meeting Christina was so helpful! First meeting we had a lot planned out and she gave us so many suggestion for other vendors and everything is going very smoothly.

Sent on 03/08/2019

Eva · Married on 09/22/2018

4.2
      3.0
      3.5

Westminster was amazing, everything I could have wished for and more! Christina was phenomenal, so responsive!! They allowed us to have our dogs walk down the asile!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Westminster 8
    Westminster 9

3.0
      3.5

This venue worked perfectly. Angela, Rachel and Karen were a big help in bringing everything together and having Rachel and Angela there during the ceremony and reception was a huge help in making sure everything went off the way it was supposed to. They handled all the set up of decorations and coordinating with our vendors. They made sure we were where we should be and that everything was running on schedule. It really made for a stress-free day and gave us time to really enjoy our family and friends.

My only complaint was that things were a little rigid. They work only with one caterer for appetizers, dinner and other snacks (Madeline's, actually turned out to be delicious and pretty well priced!). The food was good, but options are nice. I sort of feel like if a vendor doesn't have to win your business, and can just expect it, you probably aren't getting the best service/deal. The other thing was that all vendors had to be insured and licensed in Monroe County so you couldn't serve homemade goods like beers or cakes.

Overall, it was a great experience and I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 05/24/2016