Westminster Reviews

Westminster 5
Westminster 6
Westminster 7

Ryann · Married on 09/30/2016

I absolutely LOVED everything about Westminster - from the chapel itself, to Angela and Rachel being the greatest women to work with and the response we received from family and friends. We were told over and over again that this was the best ceremony our guests had ever been to. Westminster is quaint, personal, beautiful, natural and you can make your ceremony whatever you want! Angela and Rachel will go above and beyond to make your wedding ceremony everything you ever dreamed of (and more). I could not be happier (and more thankful) for meeting these ladies. My only regret is that I will only have one wedding! I wish I could do this over and over (with the same husband of course), and would use Westminster every single time. Thanks for making our day so special. Angela and Rachel, never change and thanks for being you!

Love,
    Ryann & Paul Guglielmo

Sent on 10/08/2016

Annie · Married on 09/17/2016

Westminster is NOT a huge, open sterile square room! It is so quaint and charming. After visiting many venues, I knew this was the right place the moment we walked through the doors. Angela and Rachel were incredibly helpful with all the wedding planning.

Sent on 11/03/2016

Julia · Married on 07/16/2016

Rachel and Angela are absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and made our wedding day perfect. They made sure we had everything we needed and made sure the whole day went smoothly. Along with an incredible staff, Westminster is stunning. The chapel was perfect for the ceremony with the stained glass windows and chiavari chairs. It was so fun to have the 2nd level for the reception and it allowed us to have all of the guests that we wanted. The hard wood floors, chiavari chairs, fireplace and the brand new bar added so many beautiful details. We took pictures outside of the chapel with the gorgeous brick building in the background. We also went back out to take more pictures during the sunset behind Westminster. I could not have imagined a better venue to get married at!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Lani · Married on 07/16/2016

For the price, you get two wedding coordinators that walk you through the planning process so nothing is missed, it's crazy! I love the chapel and the overall space, it was big enough to hold our families and friends, yet felt intimate. I can't say enough about how much love this place!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/18/2016

Angela and Rachel at Westminster were so, so, so helpful, accommodating, professional, flexible, and every good thing in between!!! They truly helped to be sure that everything was picture perfect for our big day and we can't thank them enough for their amazing expertise. If we could re-do our day again and again, we would pick Westminster every time. Thank you both for all of your help to make our day the most perfect one of our lives!!!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

Angela and Rachel are amazing! They answered all my questions quickly and made the process of planning a wedding easy.Angela and Rachel are very friendly and open people to work with and offered many suggestions as well as helped me to find the right caterer, DJ, and florist. They pointed me in the right direction when I had no clue how to plan a wedding. Plus, the venue is absolutely beautiful, the stained glass and original church organ are all still there so it feels like a church setting but you can decorate it to fit your personal style. The best feature is the church bell that they ring as you walk out of the church during your grand exit. One other feature that sold me on the venue and was very convenient is the fact that the reception hall is connected to the chapel. The reception hall is just as beautiful as the chapel and has an amazing balcony that adds so much character to the room and guests can watch what is going on from above. Plus it makes for some awesome photo opportunities. The best part of this venue is that Angela and Rachel are your personal coordinators and they take care of all the little things such as setting up the reception hall exactly how you want it and making sure everything is perfect for your special night. During my reception I knew everything was under control and didn't have to worry about a single thing which allowed me to really enjoy my night and have fun celebrating with my family. I cant say enough nice things about both Angela and Rachel and this beautiful venue, I will definitely recommend this venue to future friends who get engaged or to family or friends looking to host a party.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Karen · Married on 09/05/2015

Westminster is an amazing venue, and Angela and Rachael are totally awesome to work with. They were exceptionally accommodating and flexible to our numerous (Last minute) requests. Our daughter's wedding took place the week before our event with a full reception in another city. This party was to gather local friends and neighbors together to celebrate our daughter's marriage. Angela has a great recommended business partner list, and we used Madeline's catering ( awesome!) and Gourmet Goodies for the cake and cookies. We selected a cake to match our daughter's favorite flavors: 2 layers of dark chocolate and 2 layers of carrot cake with chocolate frosting. They were able to support a custom made ceramic cake top. We are still enjoying the last of this yummy cake!! Our florist, Through the Garden Gate in Macedon created beautiful trees for centerpieces. Angela did all of the coordination with Encore DJ's and photo booth, specialty lighting and monograms. Our party was a spectacular success and I highly recommend Westminster for anyone else.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Jodi · Married on 08/01/2015

My daughter's wedding and reception at Westminster Hall and Chapel was simply perfection. From beginning to end we were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism, and attention to every detail was obviously of paramount importance to them. Every single question or concern we had going into our last planning stages was whisked away by Angela and Rachel, because they are such knowledgeable experts, and consequently, our minds were put at ease during a time when we needed it most.

I simply can't recommend them enough. I would use their services again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/10/2015

My daughter and son-in-law's wedding could not have been anymore perfect than it happened to be! Angela and Rachael at WMC took care of every detail - from little to big! We just showed up and enjoyed a wonderful time with family and friends! The venue is amazing and offers anything or everything you wish! We still have guests telling us that it was one of the best weddings that they have ever attended!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Westminster Chapel is the perfect place to get married! My husband and I were thrilled when we randomly stopped by on a Saturday morning and Angela was there and graciously showed us around. We knew as soon as we walked in that this was the place we would get married. The chapel is stunning, the reception hall is spacious and offers lots of options. The newly added tent was a huge bonus and allowed people to get outside and enjoy the nice weather. We had a bit of a non-traditional wedding and they had no problem working with our plan to have everything all in one day (rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception).

Angela and Rachel make Westminster the best deal there is.....they are super responsive, always there to bounce ideas off of, and ensured everything went perfectly on our wedding day.

We would highly recommend Westminster for any event you are considering! There isn't one thing about this event space we would change....they have done a wonderful job keeping it updated, and the layout flows perfectly for guests.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2015

Words cant begin to describe how perfect out day was! Angela and Rachel do an amazing job to ensure everything goes smoothly!!!!!!! Angela and Rachel both are responsive, patient, and truly enjoy what they do.....and boy do they do it well!
    Could not have been better! Right down to help pin my dress after I had a little malfunction! Amazing all around!!! Check it out! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/09/2015

I wish I could write a hundred reviews of how impressed and pleased we are with the services of Westminster, Rachel and Angela! The chapel is gorgeous with it's stained glass windows, chiavari chairs, and updated getting ready rooms. Rachel was a huge asset, and made sure our ceremony went exactly as planned. She met with us a week before our ceremony, and made sure every detail was accounted for. She also coordinated the rehearsal in a thorough and professional manner. We are absolutely THRILLED that we chose Westminster. We only wish we had had our reception there!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Margaret · Married on 05/16/2015

You cannot ask for a better place to have your event. Angela went beyond anything we ever imagined. After our last "meeting" before the wedding, we brought our simple ideas for table settings & design and it was setup & ready to go. No worries, no hassles.
    She was professional, courteous, thoughtful, attentive to our needs & compassionate in the wake of a unfortunate crisis! We are so very happy that our daughter made the decision to hold everything at Westminster Chapel. The day was perfect !
    I would highly recommend Angela & Rachel. Madeline's Catering was delicious.

Awesome experience!!!!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Alena · Married on 11/08/2014

My husband Dan and I fell in love with Westminster Hall & Chapel from the minute we saw a picture of it. Once we took a tour we were even more blown away by its elegance and beauty. The beautiful stained glass windows and wood detail in the chapel was exactly what the two of us were looking for. Our tour of the facility was during the early afternoon when the sun was shining bright through the stained glass. If you have the opportunity to take a tour while the sun is starting to go down, the glass turns a beautiful blue color from the change in lighting. I wish I could upload a picture from our wedding ceremony, the glass looked amazing!

Dan's family was coming in from California and Washington so we wanted there to be as little driving on the day of our wedding for our family. The hall was ideal for holding our reception after the service. Because we chose Hampton Inn & Suites Victor, NY and had enough guests staying on the night of the wedding, we had a free shuttle between the hotel and the chapel. This was ideal for our relatives and anyone that wanted to drink and not have to worry about driving.

Angela and her staff were very professional and a dream to work with! I would highly recommend this venue for your wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2014

Philip · Married on 09/12/2014

My husband Darryl and I had been considering wedding venues and hadn't come across anything that seemed appropriate for our circumstances - a smaller, friends and family-focused event. On a whim, we took a drive out to Mendon one weekend day and stopped at Westminster - just happening to come by when Angela and her staff were getting ready for an upcoming wedding.

Angela was so gracious, even though we were interrupting their work, and took us through the charming brick former church building with lively stained glass windows and pews curving in a arc towards the front of the room. it was a comforting, intimate chapel, perfect for the ceremony that we envisioned. Right next door, she showed us the reception hall - amply sized, with a balcony and plenty of room for caterers and other vendors to operate. All the facilities were clean and well kept. Plus, the grounds around the buildings were landscaped and trim.

We knew that day that this was the place for our wedding! From the time we made the arrangements to set the date until the day of our ceremony (and after), Angela and her staff were amazingly helpful and accommodating. They offered very smart advice and they were organized and pro-active in regard to managing the event. In fact, I think that the best part was that Darryl felt like he had a good friend in Angela who he could turn to whenever he had a question about what to do as the planning progressed.

For us, this was the perfect wedding setting. The added value that came from the attention and assistance of Angela and Rachel throughout the time that we worked with them, makes this a venue that we can earnestly recommend.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Angela and Rachel were amazing, very responsive, and were actually willing to go out and get something our caterer forgot to add to our menu. The chapel was a great size for our smaller wedding and was beautiful. The reception hall, while it could have been large for our guest numbers, was laid out perfectly so everyone had plenty of space but didn't feel distant from everyone else. There were two places for the dance floor, both of which would be fitting for different groups. The gardens outside also allow for some great photos. Overall a fantastic venue that will not disappoint.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/19/2014

Angela, the owner, was a tremendous help in planning not only our ceremony, but all areas of our wedding day. She provided invaluable advice on making our day special, both from her experience as a bride and as a wedding coordinator. She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went off without any issues, taking care of details we would have otherwise overlooked. Angela and her staff provided us with wonderful suggestions and guidance, that resulted in a wedding ceremony our guests still gush about months afterwards. They truly love weddings and are passionate about their business. The venue is not only breathtaking and intimate, it is clean and well cared for. We really didn't have to stress with them working our wedding, as they took care of so many details. They are wedding experts, and will give you the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 12/31/2014
  • F

Faye · Married on 06/27/2014

Rachel and Angela were wonderful to work with! The Chapel is beautiful and the reception area is perfect for a small to medium size wedding.
    We would highly recommend Westminster for any special occasion.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Richard · Married on 05/31/2014

Well, we had a big change-up in my wife and my wedding plans. All of a sudden we needed a new venue to fit the new guests and the wedding was LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY!

Westminster really stepped up and made it happen. Not only did they help us plan the whole event but they did so quickly, putting both my wife's and my nerves at ease. We could actually begin to get excited about our wedding instead of dreading that we're forgetting something or someone!

Westminster also helped us choose the right caterer for our wedding, we were not disappointed in their suggestion!

Overall it was a fantastic experience and we recommended Westminster to every couple we know! Great atmosphere, great service and they kept my wife happy and worry-free the entire time! What more could I ask for?!?

We were so happy with Westminster we also booked them for our son's first birthday party!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/12/2011

I only looked at one other venue before Westminster and was able to stop my search right away once I went there! Look no further brides, you will love it! We have a lot of out of town guests so it was the perfect location because there is a free shuttle bus service that runs to the nearest hotel (5-10 minutes away) and none of your guests will have to worry about driving. The site itself is perfect. We were able to have a wedding ceremony there and cater everything to our wants/needs. It has a church feel but you can have a civil ceremony in it, which we loved. The reception hall is literally 10 feet away from the ceremony site. This made our lives and the lives of our guests so much easier. We just got married and moved into the reception hall to keep the party going, and it was so wonderful. The reception hall has been beautifully updated by the owner and her father, and it is neutral so you can do what you want with the decorating. No ugly green paisley carpeting! Ick! Just gorgeous hardwoods and a beautiful balcony. The best part about Westminster: the owner, Angela. She is responsive, creative, professional, and so friendly. We have remained friends! She has an attention to detail that is flawless. She was there for us the entire time of our ceremony/reception and kept things running smoothly. She even sees little problems before they come up so they can be prevented. Who needs a wedding planner when you have Angela?? She is happy to help answer your questions. Our wedding day was so wonderful thanks to her and we couldn't have been happier having everything at Westminster.

Sent on 02/01/2012
  • I

Lisa · Married on 08/14/2010

Loved thgis place so much! My brother got married their the following year!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Cathy · Married on 05/15/2010

Angela at the Westminster Hall and Chapel was helpful, professional, and responsive. The facilities are gorgeous. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted -- Angela was so flexible and all of the vendors she recommended were excellent as well.

Sent on 07/14/2010

Brandy · Married on 04/16/2010

This Place was amasing and the story behind it is cute. Angela was great, very professional and down to earth. Made things happen. Beautiful place, Loved the balcony. Could be a good thing or a bad thing but you have to bring everything in, caterer, bar, liniens center pieces, But she doesnt make you pick from a select list like most places so you can have whatever you want! It rained on our wedding day so it was nice that the guests could go from the church to the reception and not go outside :)

Sent on 12/02/2010

Tai · Married on 06/12/2009

Beautiful church, Angela was always quick to respond to any questions and provided wonderful options for the organist, etc. Such a beautiful venue, they even rung the bell once we were announced as husband and wife. A bit of a drive but well worth it!

Sent on 07/15/2009

andrea · Married on 10/04/2014

We had our wedding at Westminster a month ago and it was absolutely beautiful. Angela saved my mind and my life the day of my wedding and the months leading up to it. She responded to my essays worth of emails promptly and professionally and answered all the questions a bride might have while planning her wedding with no experience or outside help. They setup my decorations exactly to my specifications and the hall looked stunning. Our meeting with them the week before the wedding made me feel so much better about everything--and they spent a long time with us--our meeting was almost 2-3 hours long. We wanted to go bowling after the wedding and the alley we picked was full, so Angela called around to local bowling alleys and made reservations for us so we didn't have to worry when we left!

The hall and chapel were perfect--we wanted to be married with a justice of the peace because we're not religious, and their beautiful non denominational chapel was able to accommodate the ceremony we had-which included a judge and a reverend who happened to be a family friend. The chapel is especially nice because it's simple, yet beautiful with its hardwood floors and beautiful stained glass. I really love how there are no gigantic/hideous stations of the cross statues everywhere like you would find in a Catholic church.
    The hall is just as beautiful--hardwood floors, wrought iron chandeliers and staircase accents, and they recently updated the bar room as well so I was easily convinced to use it. There's a huge bride's bathroom as well as beautiful modern guest bathrooms. It's a wonderful setting that's perfect for intimate groups of 50 or less but makes big groups feel intimate.

My only gripe--and I can understand why they would do this though--is not having enough catering options. You only get 4 caterers to choose from. Everything else was absolutely perfect. I would have not chosen any other place and we stopped looking after we found Westminster.

Sent on 11/05/2014