Western Edge Studios Reviews

29 | Colorado Springs, CO

29 Reviews for Western Edge Studios

brenda · Married on 08/15/2015

Western Edge Studios was FANTASTIC!!! I am not a photogenic and I am shy in front of cameras but Sandra and Shad made me feel very comfortable. Their work is a piece of art as our wedding pictures were captivated beautifully! Not only are they professional but they are very flexible! My husband and I are amazed in how they were able to work with us budget wise and transportation. My guests and family couldn't believe how great the pictures came out and keep complimenting. We are very grateful for them as a picture is known to say a thousand words and they were able to help us write a whole new chapter of our lives! THANK YOU WESTERN EDGE STUDIOS!! Your business is truly appreciated!

Sent on 09/08/2015
  • User3961987 · 2+ years ago

Sandra and Shad are wonderful people! They are fun and great to work with. We were able to do our engagement shoot with them, as well as wedding day photography. They are good at telling you how to hold your position so there are no awkward poses. We did the crazy wall and our guests loved it. The photos are so fun and you really get to see the personality of everyone, and Shad did a great job of getting the best photos there.

Sandra did a wonderful job of filling our "must have" list for every step of the big day.

We looked at other photographers that charge an arm and leg, but then only give you ownership of maybe 100 photos. Western Edge goes gives you permission to print all of the photos that they sort through and process. After getting our photos the other day, we are just in love and can't wait to share them with our guests.

Thank you Sandra and Shad!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Christina · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I planned our wedding from Korea that was going to be in Colorado. I found Sandra online and immediately she was incredibly accommodating. The most user-friendly individual and very professional. Even though I didn't go to a fair to learn about her, she still informed me they were having a discounted price for the package I chose and gave it to me. This shows immaculate integrity because we could have paid full price and not have even known about their current discount. Brandon and I met Sandra and her husband at my parents house once we arrived in country and they were super fun and easy to talk to! We turned a should be 30 minute consult into a 2 hour laugh fest! We felt like we knew them for a long time which made the day of the event even easier to work with them. The day of the event, they captured EVERYTHING perfectly. They used their own lighting and truly photographed our day perfectly. I honestly can't think of a single moment where I was even aware they were running around us photographing. They were like ninja photographers and didn't interfere with the day at all!!!!! The were so much fun and made us laugh a lot during the picture sessions. Sandra's turn around was within the week before we flew back to Korea which totally surprised me because most my married friends waited months to see the results. I can't even say enough of how amazing all the photos were!!!! I am so pleased and I would recommend them to ANYONE and EVERYONE who truly wants a fantastic experience with ninja photographers that make you feel comfortable and at home!!! I cannot put into words how very pleased both my husband and I are. We have gotten so many compliments from all the guests on their amazing work!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Dani · Married on 08/02/2014

We found Western Edge Studio's at the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show and I was having a hard time deciding on the style I liked. After sitting down with Sandra and Shad we knew they were the right photographers for us, they take timeless images and really use the lighting to the best of their ability. We did our engagement photos and were absolutely thrilled with them and they delivered our wedding images a little over a week after the wedding. We were so happy with all of our pictures that we are having a hard time deciding what to do with all of them because it's so hard to choose some over others! Thanks Sandra and Shad for all your hard work on our Wedding day!!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Jeanette · Married on 07/20/2013

Shad & Sandra did our engagement and wedding photos and both turned out beautifully! Being a husband and wife team I just feel they have that extra edge over other photographers in that they know what each other is thinking without either of them saying a word. Because of this everything went so smoothly and we had no worries on our big day. They captured all of our special moments so we could share them with our friends and family! By the end of the night we even had our guests coming up and telling us how great of a job our photographers were doing! We couldn't be any happier with how our pictures turned out! Highly recommend them!

Alexander · Married on 06/23/2013

When we found Sandra and Shad, we knew right away that they were the photographers to shoot our engagement and wedding. Immediately, we felt connected with them on a personal level and had great conversation, not only about their experiences but about them as people. Their work clearly speaks for itself and our engagement shoot only reinforced that. We loved the images we got from that day; we also had a great time.

Our wedding day was nothing short of spectacular and Sandra and Shad made it easy for us to take care of all the photo-related stuff. Unsurprisingly, the wedding photos came out great, as well. We highly recommend them to shoot your wedding.

We talked to many people and very few (if any) were prompt to respond to our inquiries or engaging when we did talk to them. Sandra and Shad were fast and very enjoyable to work with. A+++ service, product and people!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Sandra Reed was wonderful and very flexible. She was able to capture our precious memories and the results were priceless! I would recommend anyone who is looking for a photographer for weddings, maternity photos or engagement photos to choose Sandra above all rest!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Ken · Married on 05/30/2013

Western Edge takes wonderful pictures for engagement shoots and weddings. They have a unique style that captures moments I would have not have thought of. Professional and their photography is incredible. Highly recommend.

Brittany · Married on 05/30/2013

Western Edge Studios was amazing!!! They were really flexible with our location and ideas for our engagement shoot as well as coming up with ideas that lead to great shoots. On the day of the wedding they caught all the best shots and I never once felt they were in the way. They made sure to get all the shots I had requested and so much more. They were easy to work with as bride and groom, but what I heard from the family is that they loved working with them too!

tory · Married on 05/27/2013

Sandra and Shad were heaven sent!! They made the experience of taking pictures so laid back and fun! Not only were they amazing to work with, and a great value, but they captured phenomenal pictures and knew how to have us turn and where we should look to make us and our wedding party look amazing in every picture. I am forever grateful to them for the amazing work they did. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Lindsey · Married on 10/20/2012

Sandra and Shad were absoutely amazing!!!!! I could have not asked for better potographers to shoot our engagement pictures, my boudior photos and most importantly wedding photos! They were easy to work with, made everything so comfortable and their professionalism and creativty were perfect. There was not a single shot that i was disappointed with. Even our guests and people we showed the pictures to were toally impressed! Would not have gone another route, we loved them!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Simone · Married on 08/25/2012

Do not hesitate to book Western Edge studios. Shad and Sandra are amazing photographers. We have many professional photographers in the family, but didn't want them to "work" on our wedding. We received so many compliments. This was by far the BEST decision we made and well worth the money spent. You will not regret the wonderful, spontaneous memories they will create for you.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Marion · Married on 07/22/2012

Our wedding pictures were amazing! Sandy was professional and very accommodating as she drove over 3 hours from Colorado Springs to the Piney River Ranch in Vail. Thanks for capturing our wedding day so beautifully!!!

Sent on 12/09/2012

Heather · Married on 05/19/2012

As you travel through your search of wedding vendors, it gets very easy to get extremely detail oriented... then you meet a wedding vendor that you just inherently know will be perfect. I met Sandra in a last minute change for my wedding photographer, needless to say, she is amazing for stepping into shoot my wedding. I actually met Sandra the day of my wedding, outside of a brief Skype conversation. Seems crazy right? But it wasn't... meeting Sandra you know she will get the job done and she is going to do so beautifly! She takes beautfiul images, is an absolute pleasure to work with and is extraordinarly professional and fun! My husband and I are extremely luck to have had Sandra as part of our wedding, we have amazing photos and have many great memories. My only regret is that I don't live close enough to work with her again!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Chelsea · Married on 06/25/2011

We really could not have asked for a better photography team for our wedding! Sandra was so easy to work with and totally understood our vision. They got a great mix of classic, timeless shots along with some very modern images. All of our friends and family loved every picture they saw!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Thomas · Married on 08/14/2010

Sandra and Shad were extremely professional and took amazing photos for our engagement and wedding. Their eye for photography in an urban setting has really given our photos a unique flare that I don't believe we could've gotten with another photographer. Overall, my wife and I are extremely pleased with both our photos and experience.

Additionally, I recently lost the digital files for our photos, and after contacting Sandra three years after our wedding, she promptly replied and send us another copy of our photos.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Tamara · Married on 07/04/2010

Sandra and Shad are so awesome to work with. They photographed our engagement and our Jewish wedding. They are incredibly talented, professional and totally down-to-earth people. They were always open to suggestions and made having our picture taken fun.The images they provided me are some of the most priceless things I own and worth every penny (also our guests were WOWED by the reception slide show!) I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking to capture memories of their special day.

Sent on 06/30/2012

Lindsay · Married on 05/23/2010

Absolutely loved working with Sandra and Shad-- can't wait to see the final photos! Highly recommend them. Worth every penny!

Sent on 05/29/2010

Kate · Married on 10/03/2009

We worked with Sandra, Shad and Tracy for our engagement pictures, His Eyes Only session as well as wedding pictures. All turned out beautifully and we couldn't be happier. We flew Tracy and Shad to Hilton Head for our wedding because we wanted to ensure that our wedding pictures would be as special as our engagement pictures. Everyone comments how natural and happy we looked in our pictures. And our shots are so original. Well worth what we paid for. And the trash the dress session on the beach was a blast. Thanks....

Sent on 10/28/2009

Rebecca · Married on 09/27/2009

I was very happy that I chose Sandra and Shad to shoot my wedding. Photography was one of the most important thing when planning for my big day. Their style fit exactly the look of what I was searching for. I was very pleased with their creativity and professionalism. Working with them was fun and relaxing...allowing us to have the best possible final wedding and engagement photos. The final images were modern, yet classic and timeless that I think will hold up for 40 plus years. I would recommend them to anyone that thinks photography is a key component to capturing the memories of the their wedding day!

Sent on 06/29/2012

Julie · Married on 08/15/2009

Tracy and Shad from Sandra Reed Photography were our photographers for our wedding. Tracy is who I worked with from the beginning. She was fantastic! Very easy going and knew what shots she wanted. We met prior to the wedding a few times. We went over our list of shots we wanted on the wedding day. On the day, Tracy and Shad were very organized and got all the shots we wanted quickly! Which was great, because pictures can take forever! Then we had lots of time for some creative and artistic shots, which Tracy and Shad are excellent at! We didn't want the typical portrait shots. BORING! We wanted artistic shots that we could hang as artwork! Tracy knows how to use light and shadows to make an awesome picture! Overall, their professionalism and flexibility were great! Tracy gave me her cell phone number whenever I needed to call her prior and after the wedding. She always answered her phone and quickly answered any quesitons I had. The costs were a little more than we originally wanted to spend, but they are totally worth every penny! We were able to pick and choose exactly what we wanted and were able to save some money here and there. Tracy and Shad definitely made our wedding day fun and exciting! Our wedding party kept telling us how fun the group pictures were! Tracy and Shad both have great personalities and sense of humor, which made spending the whole day with them enjoyable! I highly recommend Tracy/Shad and Sandra Reed Photography!

Sent on 09/01/2009

Holly · Married on 12/22/2007

Sandra and her husband took pictures on our wedding day and the pictures turned out amazing. I'm so glad we trusted this part of our wedding to her. She was polite and made everyone feel comfortable and helped us to create special moments that looked great in the pictures.

Sent on 09/28/2008

Ashley · Married on 05/14/2005

Shad and Sandra were wonderful to work with.. Whatever I wanted to do they did it.. They are VERY personable and professional. I would recommend them and their services to anyone. They also shot my maturity pictures, (which we LOVED)... I have had friends ask about Sandra, because they LOVED our pictures but they moved... They come highly recommend!! you will LOVE your pictures and just working with these great people..

Ashley Mattingly

Sent on 07/11/2012

Western Edge Studios are great to work with. They want you to look your best, capture the entire event and will listen if there are certain aspects in your pictures you want or don't want. They sent us a proofing website of our pictures within two weeks of our wedding which was awesome! Very friendly couple as well!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 08/31/2008

Sandra and Shad were great to work with and really made the whole day memorable and stress-free. They have great creativity and lots of experience. After the wedding we had numerous guests tell us how great the photographers were. I would recommend them 100%, well worth the cost.

Sent on 11/13/2008