Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings Reviews

70 | Naperville, IL

70 Reviews for Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings

Kristin · Married on 04/29/2011

Where do I even begin? Wes was hands down the best vendor my husband and I hired for our wedding. Wes was extremely professional, but at the same time SO MUCH FUN! He had us, our wedding party, and family laughing the whole day. It was an absolute blast hanging out with him. Not only is Wes a great person, his photographs are amazing. The wedding photos were above and beyond our expectations. I absolutely loved every single shot, and we have over 1,000 pictures. Wes is truly blessed with a wonderful talent, and with it he was able to capture such special moments for us that we will be able to enjoy forever.

My advice to future brides....On your wedding day, you will spend just as much time with your photographer as you will your new husband. And when the wedding party is over and the cake is all gone, the only thing you really have left is your photographs. So make sure you hire someone that will be great to hang out with and will take super hot photos of you. Pick your photographer wisely and hire Wes!!

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Kristin, you guys rocked! I'm definitely entering pics from your wedding in some contests. Thanks for being such great subjects to record and thank you for this wonderful write up!

Anna · Married on 04/03/2011

Choosing Wes as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions ever. From the get-go, I felt very comfortable with Wes and I felt that my husband, who's not the biggest fan of being photographed, would feel at ease with him as well. Wes did not dismiss my concerns or questions, as some of the other photographers I've met with have, and he answered everything, was very honest and straight forward. Wes took the initiative to set up a meeting with us and his wife to discuss everything a few weeks before the event and kept following up with me with questions or ideas, and he was the one who kept the channels of communication going. He was also very quick to respond to my questions and concerns. To me, this was a welcomed touch because I didn't have to manage Wes like I had to most of the other vendors who I had to reach out to and coordinate with myself. Also, 3 weeks before the wedding I still didn't have anyone to do hair and make up, so it was Wes who gave me an amazing recommendation who I couldn't have been more happier with.

On the day of the wedding, Wes did an amazing job. He was on time and he made sure that we stayed on schedule. When my train wouldn't bustle (ladies, please ensure that your seamstresses don't over complicate the bustling and make sure that more than 1 person in your bridal party knows how to bustle it if it is on the complicated side), he shifted some things around and spent more time taking pictures with the guys, which worked out great! Also, Wes was always there to take the shot but he was never intrusive either during the ceremony or during the party itself; it was like he wasn't there, except that he was. And perhaps most importantly, he was always there when I needed him for a certain shot with people at the party.

Oh, and my mom just loved him!!!! She came up to me twice during the course of the day and said that she's been observing him at work and said that he's really creative and really knows what he's doing and that the pictures would be out of the world. And boy, was she right!!!

Now we get to my favorite part: the pictures themselves, which were amazing and exceeded my expectations beyond anything. I loved Wes' work, that's why I wanted him to photograph my wedding, but he really knocked not only my socks off, but everyone else's!!! His pictures don't feel posed or forced, even though we did some posing pictures for portraits and for getting ready. Everything looks really natural and genuine. The colors are soft and vibrant, the happiness just illuminates everyone's faces, and Wes really knows how to capture people's emotions! The action shots that he took really captured the essence of our wedding and the portraits came out soooo true to life. Honestly, the price to quality ratio is just too good to be true!!!

Considering how busy Wes is, the turnaround time for a few dozen preview pictures and then the proofs was really fast. Wes put together an incredible slide show of 200 pictures of his favorite moments with an amazing soundtrack, and I, along with many others, have been mesmerized by it. Wes is very professional, very responsive, very customer focused, and he really goes out of his way to make you happy. Given the everlasting power of pictures, choosing Wes as our wedding photographer was perhaps the best decision we made about this wedding!!!!

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

I'm so glad I was able to coax some magic out of your husband! Did you notice that he really wasn't blinking in any of the pictures which was your main concern before hand. My tricks worked!

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review! Have fun on your trip to Russia!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/22/2011

My husband and I were quite picky when choosing our photographer, but we were completely sold when we reviewed Wes' portfolio and met him for an engagement session. He is laid back and super fun, but also very professional (which seems like an oxymoron). He knew how to make us feel at ease, even though my husband and I felt a little out of sorts getting our pictures taken for an hour.

I've been in a few weddings and have seen what kind of wedding photographers are out there – none had the skill, care or friendliness that Wes had. He was not only very professional, but he made taking photos fun, without being cheesy (no pun intended). He could make the group laugh and get natural shots, rather than (the perhaps all too common) 'everyone laugh'. The time he took to set up each photo shows how much he is invested in the photographs themselves – photography is his passion, not just his job. I've never seen a wedding photographer act with as much care and consideration for the frame.

My family adored him, as did I. They appreciated that he took the time to make sure everyone's faces would be seen in the large group photos. Having your photograph taken for hours on end can be a grueling process, I think, but he made it so easy. He is easy to talk to, listens to what you want in your wedding photographs, and gives you even more. We were so happy with all of our photos and had trouble picking just a handful for our album.

I've seen photos from other weddings he has photographed – none are the same. Sometimes you see a sample of pictures from photographers, and the people are in the same poses all the time. Looking at Wes' work, you can see he is very creative and is always trying new and fun things. You'll rarely see the same style photo twice.

The special day goes by in a whirlwind, and it's so nice to see the photos taken and say, 'I didn't even remember this.' He was everywhere without you even noticing him – he was able to get the shots he needed without being obtrusive. I would recommend him to anyone getting married (and I do!). He's an amazing guy, and an even more amazing photographer.

Sent on 06/10/2011
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/20/2010

Wes was my wedding photographer in November of 2010. Throughout the entire wedding process, from engagement photos to receiving the proofs online, Wes truly put my mind at ease. I am a scrapbooker and photos are probably the most important part of the wedding for me, so I needed them to be amazing... and they were!

Wes even captured the unfortunate moment when our limo had a flat tire. He spotted our limo on the side of the road, pulled over, jumped out, snapped some shots of the sad-looking tire, got some shots of the bridal party, and was on his way to the reception making sure to be ready for us when we arrived. I'm so glad he took these shots because now it's a story we can look back on and smile about.

Wes does a great job of inspiring the bridal party to take risks and gets them laughing, in order to capture unique and classic moments. My husband and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Erin · Married on 11/13/2010

My husband and I could not be happier with the photos Wes took on our special day! The entire wedding party loved his fun spirit and direction. We would highly recommend Wes Craft Weddings to anyone!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

I loved photographing your downtown wedding and your cheesecake was unforgettable! Thanks Erin!
  • TSauce

Teresa · Married on 10/22/2010

Wes photographed our wedding in October of 2010.... 8 months later we are still hearing stories about Wes. Everyone loved him. Not only is he extremely talented behind the lens, he is professional, fun and so creative. His portfolio stands out above every competitor. My husband and I loved Wes and wished we would've had a picture with him! He was the only photographer at our wedding and he worked his tail off. He was constantly moving throughout the entire day in order to catch every special moment. I have referred all of my engaged friends to Wes - he's the best!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

T, Way to post our moonlight shot as a profile pic here! Thanks for reviewing me.
  • Jacki

Jacki · Married on 10/02/2010

Wes and Necia Craft are the best of the best when it comes to wedding photography. They shot our wedding on October 2, 2010.

Wes was a joy to work with. He held my hand and guided me through the planning process. He knew the questions to ask that I didn't. He sat me down and asked me what was important to me, and what shots I absolutely had to have. (My set of photos completely reflects my wishes. I couldn't be more pleased.)

On the wedding day, Wes and Necia were awesome. Wes kept everyone at ease and laughing the entire time - and even got my Dad to smile a few times. (Trust me. That's a feat!) In fact, one of my favorite shots is one that Wes took of my dad as he was waiting for me to finish getting ready. Dad was sitting ON THE FLOOR in a room that was full of chairs. Ha! I love that shot because it completely captures my dad's goofy personality. All of my guests loved him!

Oh, and on top of being an absolute pleasure to be around and work with, Wes is amazingly talented as a photographer. The photos from our wedding are about the most beautiful things I've ever seen in my life. Wes has such an artistic eye and can see photo opportunities where you don't. For example, it was wet and rainy on our wedding day. Wes turned the weather into an opportunity for a beauitful shot of the groomsmen with their refelctions in a huge puddle that had collected outside the church. Even 8 months later, I often find myself flipping through my set of photos, and finding a new one to add to my favorites. I love all the ceremony pictures. Wes did a great job of capturing our joy in all of those photos.

I would highly reccomend Wes Craft Weddings to anyone. He's the best. I was blessed and lucky to have him as our photographer.

Julia · Married on 09/05/2010

Wes was absolutely amazing when he captured the memories of our wedding day. I was completely blown away when I received our proofs quicker than imagined, and with so much creative quality.

Wes was so much fun to share our celebration with. He made me (bride) feel amazing and that showed in my photos. His artistic eye showed through every image. When creating our album, we had such a hard time deciding on images because there were so many unbelievably beautiful ones.

My family and friends ordered many photos which is an excellent example of quality work.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for more. Excellent value price, courteous and timely communication, fun company on the day of the wedding, and beautiful results that last a lifetime.

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

You get the award for longest wedding shoot of my career. I think we clocked in at 15 hours?! Everything was gorgeous from your hair to your dance floor lighting. You gave me plenty of fantastic people and lovely decor to photograph all day long. Thank you for your support and the glowing review!

Heather · Married on 07/09/2010

I can go on and on about Wes Craft. He is simply amazing and extremely talented. My husband and I feel so grateful for coming across Wes while searching (we were quite picky) for the perfect photographer on our wedding day.

You can always tell when someone is passionate about their work and it makes it so much more fun to be around those types of people. Wes is one of them. He loves to get to know his couples as he did with us. By the time our reception came around, we felt as if he was a good friend of ours. While being professional the entire day, he was also HILARIOUS and he continued to crack up the entire bridal party, our family, and friends throughout the entire day. This just added to our perfect day.

He worked his butt off on our day! We had an outdoor ceremony on a hot day, but this didn't stop him from running around all day long to get those creating, amazing shots.

When we saw our proofs online for the first time, we were blown away. I almost wanted to cry because the pictures were so extremely important to me and for the pictures to be as amazing as they were, I was so happy. He made sure he took all the shots that we requested and more. It was so nice to see those special moments that you don't get to see when you're in the moment on your wedding day. Some of the shots were just so creative that I know other photographers would not have thought of. We received so many compliments on our photos. It was almost impossible to create my wedding album because there were just TOO many to choose! My family and friends loved the photos as well and they definitely ordered quite a few of them!

It says something when two of my friends booked Wes almost immediately after my wedding photos were published. They were in awe of his work and loved his personality, just like my husband and I did.

I continue to recommend Wes Craft to anybody I know. You're the best Wes!!

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

I'm glad everyone found me so funny. I was trying to keep it serious. Honest. We really did have fun out there and should've. It's a celebration day after all!

Thank you for bringing back the memories of you and Ken's wedding day for me. Beautiful review. I'm humbled. Thank you.

Kate · Married on 06/25/2010

I highly recommend Wes if you're looking for a wedding photographer of HIGH QUALITY and TALENT. Before signing with Wes for our wedding, I researched over 25 photographers from famous studios, boutiques, and freelancers. We chose Wes for our engagement and wedding photos because he is very creative and wonderful to work with. Our pictures turned out amazing. He has an eye for making the ordinary look extraordinary. Here are a few of a long list of things I like about Wes.

- Great personality – you want a photographer you feel comfortable with and who listens to you
    - Creative and eye for detail – Wes is talented in using the natural elements around him (ex: lighting, background, weather conditions, etc.) which results to amazing photos unique to you
    - Genuine – from the first time you meet Wes, you can tell that he is passionate about photography and he is always pushing himself and his work to new heights
    - Responsive and Reliable – Wes really listens to your ideas and he provides suggestions if you ask for it. Any time we emailed or called him for questions, he responded quickly. Having Wes as our photographer gave me confidence and alleviated wedding stress because I can rely on him and trust he'll do a great job

My husband and I are already planning to renew our vows at a destination wedding and we are planning on working with Wes again. I am someone with high standards and likes to thoroughly research before making a commitment, and Wes exceeded my expectations. Certain things are worth the investment especially in your wedding. Invest in your wedding photos/photographer because that’s what you’ll have to remember your special day. -BKJ

Sent on 06/23/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Yay! Vow renewals! I can't wait to see you two (three) again. Thank you for the thoughtful review.

Allison · Married on 06/13/2010

Wes had a great sense of humor and a high sense of professionalism. He was able to engage everyone from our youngest to oldest guests in order to get wonderful photographs. He has an eye for unique locations and lighting to take his pictures. He didn't take a single "bad" shot!

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

I was just looking at your photos again when you posted on your social network. We did get some gorgeous stuff. The barn setting was really cool.

Thank you for taking the time to review me!

Merisa · Married on 05/22/2010

We got married in May of 2010 and Wes was fantastic, he did our amazing engagement pictures where he used the light so perfectly it brought out all our natural beauties. For the wedding he was very creative in using items that represented us as a couple and encorporated them into our photos. He was flexible in different pictures I needed and everyone had the wedding was amazed at how personable and professional he was. The pictures he got on the dance floor were incredible. He got so many different angles of the people without being intrucive and many of my friends commented that they didn't even remember him being around. I would recommend Wes for any of there picture taking needs!

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Merisa we did get some fantastic shots at your wedding. I'm still bummed we didn't have a helicopter bring you and your father in! Ha!
  • mandiluv

Amanda · Married on 11/20/2009

Wes is the best photographer to have on your "big day"!

WE LOVE WES!!!! From the first consult we knew Wes was the guy for our wedding! He kept everyone laughing and made the nervousness of the day go away! The pictures came out beautiful for our day and we recieved a TON of compliements on our photographer, Wes as well. If you're looking for a great photographer and someone who will capture everything you're looking for, AND makes you laugh in the process, than Wes is your guy! :)
    I would recommend Wes 100% and will call on him for furture photography needs for sure!

Thank you Mandi.
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 08/14/2009

My husband and I consider ourselves lucky to have found Wes Craft to photograph our wedding in 2009, as he is quickly becoming a premier wedding photographer in Chicago. Wes captured every moment of the day beautifully, beyond what we ever could have imagined.

My husband and I wanted a photographer with a photo journalistic style, which Wes does so well. But beyond that, we discovered that Wes has a superb knack for taking portraits as well. We have such a wonderful mix of photos from that day of our families and everyone at our wedding that don't feel staged or posed, even though many were. Wes just has a flare for photography that we didn't find anywhere else.

One of my favorite memories from that day took place before our wedding even started that day. My husband and I decided to see each other before the wedding at the beach that he played growing up near his home. Prior to that day, we never discussed how we would first get a glimpse of each other. Wes had the idea for us to each stand back to back on opposite sides of a large tree. We reached back with our hands until our hands found each other, then turned around face to face. He was able to capture the initial look on both of our faces perfectly. Even better I was able to take still photos from that moment and put them in chronological order in our wedding album to recreate that exact moment frame by frame.

Wes was there for every minute of the most important day of our lives. He was timely, courteous, professional and funny. He is extremely easy to get along with, our entire wedding party and family loved him. He captured every moment of that day, ensuring that we will have those memories forever.

Sent on 06/19/2011
  • Dutchess

Amanda · Married on 05/02/2009

Wes was the single best decision I made for our wedding, hands down.

He shot our wedding over two years ago, and to this day, Wes is the one person that still sticks out in my mind as having such a positive impact on our wedding day. In fact, every singe one of my friends and family that attended the wedding still rave about him!

Think of it this way - the one vendor that will be with you for the entire day will be your photographer. It is SO important to find one who makes you feel at ease, who makes the day fun instead of stressful, and who you can be real with. Wes? He is the epitome of all these things.

Do not skimp on your photographer. These pictures will be with you for the rest of your life, and even after. I cannot tell you how happy I am that Wes was our photographer. His images don't just capture the typical wedding scenes, they capture pure emotions. He has an eye for finding beautiful, vibrant images that tell a story.

The days leading up to the wedding are always stressful. We had a limited amount of time between the ceremony and the reception, and I could not figure out where to take pictures during that time. As soon as I told Wes my predicament, he put my mind at ease. A few days later, he called me with a suggestion - an alley near our church with a painted red brick wall. While some people may have found this suggestion odd, I absolutely trusted Wes and the experience he has with lighting, backgrounds, color composition, and environment. The pictures he took in the alley were PHENOMENAL.

Wes was so much fun to work with. He knows exactly how to make people relax, and that is so important when getting natural pictures. In fact, a lot of the hilarious things he said throughout the day are still used in my conversation ("BAM. Stay sassy! Bring the heat!"). By the end of the day, I was joking around with him like he was an old friend.

This might have been a long, drawn-out review, but I cannot stress enough just how much we appreciate him and his work. Choose Wes. You will not regret it.

Sent on 11/05/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

"Dutchess" thank you so much! It's bride's like you that make what we do not only possible but enjoyable!

Kinsey · Married on 03/21/2009

Wes was a great photographer! He took some amazing photos and was able to deal well with a pretty rowdy wedding party! :) His style and attention to details were phenomenal! I would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 06/16/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

There's a warm blast from the past! Thank you!

Shari · Married on 12/20/2008

Wes is an outstanding photographer and artist! After I saw the photos for the first time I was truly amazed. I am an interior designer and therefore was very picky and worried about my photographs, but once I chose Wes I was completely at ease. He captured so many special moments and the beauty of the whole day! Anyone can take pictures, but not everyone has the gift of artistic photography like Wes does. 110% recommended!!!!

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Shari! We miss you. How is Virginia treating you? Thank you for the accolades!
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 05/31/2008

My husband Matt and I were married May 2008 and Wes was our photographer. He did an amazing job! His very laid back and friendly demeanor made our day so special. He is creative and talented and it shows in his work. We couldn't thank him enough for the way he captured our day! Thanks, Wes!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Angela · Married on 03/06/2010

I would highly recommend Wes Craft's services if you are planning your wedding or just a photo shoot. From the moment we saw his past work we knew that we wanted him to shoot our wedding. It was wonderful doing our engagement photoes also with him. It gave us a chance to really get to know him and how this will all work before the big day. He was so helpful during that day coming up with awesome ideas and greats spots to try even though our weather wasn't so great. Our wedding day was more of the same when it comes to Wes being able to direct the whole crew to get the best picture out of us. We are so happy with our final product. Thank you Angela Ferrarini 3-6-2010

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

We had some really unique settings to work in for your wedding. It was a pleasure working with you two. Thank you so much for your review.

C · Married on 06/20/2009

Highly recommended! My wedding and engagement photos were stunning and it was such a pleasure working with Wes Craft. For me, the wedding photography was one of my top priorities, so I did a lot of research and went on many consultations. Wes did not disappoint. He was very personable and made my family and I feel comfortable in front of the camera.

Sent on 08/19/2011