Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings Reviews

70 | Naperville, IL

70 Reviews for Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings

Lauren · Married on 07/12/2014

A beautiful couple who do BEAUTIFUL work!!!!!!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Laura · Married on 06/07/2014

We cannot express how grateful we are to have found Wes & Necia to capture our wedding. I can be particular about photo style and editing, so I spent a lot of time looking for the best photographer for us. Initially looking for wedding photographers was disappointing, as many of the photographers we were interested in were way outside our price range. When I found Wes Craft Photography, I was absolutely blown away by the pictures on their website and could not believe how affordable they were. I can honestly say the value went beyond our expectations. Their attitude, professionalism, and expertise showed through, and from wedding day to the photo reveal we had the entire wedding party and many guests commenting that "we picked a REALLY great photographer".

There were two main things I appreciated with Wes Craft Photography, that I hadn't experienced from other photographers (as bridesmaids in friend's/family's weddings): 1) Attention to detail and precise direction - Setting up portrait shots can be tricky, but Wes Craft carefully selected how each person was positioned. This involved paying close attention to lighting so every single person in the shot looked great. 2) Bringing out positive emotion in portrait shots - Wes does a great job at saying things that make people smile or laugh, so happiness and joy come through. In making things more fun, better pictures result.

The pictures that we have from our wedding are absolutely beautiful and when I saw them for the first time I was brought to tears. We're glad we found Wes Craft Photography and appreciated their strong work ethic and attention to detail. There are so many photos that were taken that we will treasure for years to come.

Sent on 07/27/2014
  • User4248612 · event on: 04/26/2014

Wes is amazing during our engagement shoot. He has a great eye for making pictures unique even if they are in iconic Chicago spots. He uses really cool angles, shadows, and colors and the photos always seem to pop off the page. He is fun to work with and makes you feel comfortable even though it can be awkward posing for photos. He also tailors the experience to each couple and is in close contact throughout the experience to help plan and execute everything you want done. And he loves trying new things, which makes it more fun since he is on his toes looking for new ways to shoot the pictures. We are so excited for him to shoot our wedding in a couple weeks. He makes sure to talk to you beforehand to discuss the entire timeline of the day in detail and where the photos will be taken place and when. He walks you through it and offers advice but never pushes one thing or another to ensure it's really you making the final decisions to get what you want.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/28/2013

I would recommend Wes and Necia as wedding photographers. This was one area where choosing a photographer was difficult because we wanted to have the best possible pictures of our special day. Once we met with Wes and Necia, we knew that they would be the perfect choice. Our engagement pictures were everything we wanted and the pictures we have seen of our wedding so far are so perfect. Wes and Necia made taking pictures fun and were so accommodating throughout the whole process. We would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 01/12/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 12/20/2013

What can I say but AWESOME!!! Wes and Necia were fabulous!!!! They worked with our schedule, the engagement photos were phenomenal! Wes also has that eye for those very unique photos using light!!! Definitely, model magazine quality! I'm waiting for our wedding photos, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will be perfect!!! Wes showed me a few photos during our wedding, he asked for any requested photos, he is by the far, the greatest especially for the $$$!! I love that he offers the disk of ALLLL photos!!! Some of the poses feel very awkward but turn out better than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 12/27/2013
  • Cindy

Cindy · Married on 10/26/2013

Professional. Amazing. Soothing to the bride. Detail oriented. Did I say amazing? Wes and Necia also did the engagement session with my daughter and her fiance in downtown Chicago . . . GORGEOUS results!!

The dance floor was full all night long. Every I saw something or noticed someone and thought to myself, "Oh! We need a picture of that!" I looked and Wes and/or Necia were already "on it".

I cannot wait to see the end result of this most wonderful day. I said it when I had my own wedding nearly 25 years ago, .... the pictures are the only thing that we will be paying for that will last .... I want the best and I don't mind spending the money. I told her daddy the same thing when we started planning our daughters wedding this time, and my daughter and new son-in-law have been as impressed as I am. Spend the money . . . get the best. It's worth it. This is what lasts a lifetime and more.

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2013

Where do we begin? From the moment we met Wes and Necia, we knew we were in good hands. Let me start by saying that Wes and Necia are very easy to work with and by far made our special day memories come to life with their beautiful photographs. Their quality of work and the attention to details is paramount and allows them to stand out among other Chicago photographers. From the engagement session to planning out the entire day, Wes really took the time to make sure he had everything down and understood exactly what we were trying to capture. I can say with 100% confidence, if you hire Wes, you won't have to worry about a thing and can know without a doubt your wedding photos will be flawless.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Dana · Married on 09/15/2013

My husband Lin and I used Wes and Necia for engagement photos (he wasn't available for our wedding date). The focus and attention he paid to every detail of the shoot was really incredible. You know from the moment the camera comes out of the bag you're working with a true professional, not a fly by night photographer. Wes asks the right questions before the shoot even begins to tee up the right location, look, and mood for the pictures. Truly a professional pairing I'd highly recommend.
    Dana + Lin

Sent on 10/12/2013

Photography was high on our priority list for our wedding. Some "advice" we were given was that you get to take away 2 things from your wedding: a spouse and the pictures. I ended up browsing wedding wire for photographers and Wes Craft's page caught my attention. After talking with him on the phone to get more information, I could tell that this was the photographer for us! He was very easy to talk to and never felt like a stranger. He was very flexible with our engagement photo session as I wanted to try to get a snowy day to take them on (and we did get one!). We loved all of our photos! He was always cool and calm on the wedding day which was helpful since I kept worrying about the time. He captured all the photos we wanted from our day and some of our favorites are the great candid shots Wes and his wife captured. We ordered our wedding album with them and it is better than I could have imagined! I also recommend trying the canvas photos you can order from them. We have a big canvas of one of our engagement photos hanging in our living room and we constantly get compliments on it!

Sent on 07/16/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/03/2013

Wes Craft was our favorite vender for our wedding. Photography was the one area that mean't the most to my husband and I so we wanted someone great and boy did we get someone better than just great. Wes Craft is absolutely the best! From the first meeting to the personal delivery of our wedding album, the whole experience with Wes and his wife Necia was very fun and professional.

They were always quick to respond whether it be by phone call, text or e-mail. Every form of communication was easy and always helpful. Very flexible with your schedule. I remember never feeling stressed regarding photography for our wedding.

Wes and Necia are very respectable people and care so much about their work and their clients. At the same time, they like to have fun with the whole process and enjoy being apart of your day with being very respectful to all the guests. One of my bridesmaids said, "One of things I will remember about your wedding is your photographer and how he was so great with making us laugh, he was awesome!" Being photographed is a little hard to get use to but the engagement session helps you feel comfortable with the camera and more importantly with Wes and how he works. In order to have fabulous photos, you need an excellent photographer who can make you laugh and tell you what to do.

My husband I knew our wedding photos were going to be great when we first saw our engagement photos. We loved them all, and when we saw the hundreds of photos from our wedding, we knew we were very blessed to have booked such a wonderful photographer to capture our beautiful day. The photos mean so much to us and we couldn't be happier. If you are considering a wedding album from them, do it! Our wedding album is absolutely beautiful and this is just another reason out of hundreds why we will recommend Wes Craft Photography to everyone we know.

Sent on 03/03/2014

Alicia · Married on 07/19/2013

My husband and I couldn't be more pleased with our experience with Wes Craft Photography and the amazing photographs from our engagement session and wedding day! It was a delight to work with Wes and his wife Necia. They make a great team and are extremely talented. Wes has a gift for putting everyone at ease which is a really important quality in your wedding photographer – after all, your photographer is the one vendor you interact with throughout your entire wedding day. As a visual artist myself, top quality photography of my wedding was a personal requirement and Wes Craft Weddings definitely delivered. We have had sooo many compliments on our wedding photos. Hire Wes. Hire him now. You won't regret it!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Monica · Married on 06/29/2013

We couldn't have asked for a better photography team and our pictures are definite proof! Wes and Necia are completely professional but my hubs and I were so comfortable around them! On our wedding day we went to multiple places to photograph and with the weather being kinda risky for rain, Necia and Wes took the most incredible pictures of us, family, friends and the entire wedding party! Thank you Wes Craft Photography!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Katie · Married on 03/23/2013

WOW!! I used Wes Craft Weddings for my photographer for my engagement photo session as well as my wedding. I could not have been happier!! Wes and Necia are a fun, hip, creative duo that were so easy to work with. I was absolutely thrilled with the outcome of the photos. The way they utilize lighting was incredible! Not only are they extremely talented, but they make the experience very fun and effortless. I will definitely keep in touch with them for my future needs. They are absolute perfection!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Heidi · Married on 03/09/2013

Wes Craft Wedding exceeded our expectations. He and his wife have a way of making a simple shot look like a piece of art. They made us feel very relaxed, and gave us good suggestions as to what we should wear, especially for the engagement photos so that the photos would look better. We were very happy with our engagement and wedding photos and feel that they were worth every penny. It's going to be hard to choose which ones to frame!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Brian · Married on 11/17/2012

What a tremendous experience we had working with Wes and Necia! We couldn't be happier with the service they gave us, from initial meeting, to engagement shoot, to wedding day, to album drafts and final product, to ordering individual prints afterward. We and our friends and family absolutely love our pictures, Wes and Necia were both a lot of fun to work with, and their expertise helped us tremendously in pre-wedding planning, in wedding day ease, and in a final product that is phenomenal. Pictures were high in importance to us to tell the story of our day, particularly because we knew we were going to opt out of having any additional videographer, and these two well exceeded our expectations with their photojournalism mixed with the requisite family portraits. These two are good at what they do, without a doubt. Timely, professional, knowledgeable, fun, personable. We very much would recommend Wes Craft Photography!

Sent on 07/03/2013
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 10/13/2012

I loved everything about Wes Craft Photography. I knew the minute I got engaged that Wes had to be my photographer. I looked through tons of albums at bridal shows, surfed so many websites, and found myself comparing them to Wes and Necias business: the others style of photography did not compare! They are a great team and work well together. My guests all complimented on how friendly they were and how wonderful all of our photos turned out. If you are debating between booking with them, you wont regret it. At the end of the day your photos and your wedding dress is all you have left from that day you planned so much for and you need to make sure your photographer is great like Wes Craft Photography. ;)

Sent on 03/18/2013
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/22/2012

When I saw my friends' breathtaking professional wedding photos, I knew I had to contact their photographer for my own wedding. When I met with their photographer, I was so impressed with what he had to offer that I knew I had to book him. I cannot say enough good things about Wes' talent and passion for photography. He was open to all of our ideas and even provided us with creative suggestions of his own that made our wedding truly unique. His photographic talent is evident by viewing his gallery, but his passion for what he does is what made my husband and I certain that Wes was the right fit for our wedding. I am so happy that we were able to have Wes capture our wedding day and provide us with beautiful pictures that will last us a lifetime.

Sent on 03/19/2013
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 06/10/2012

Hire Wes Craft to photograph your wedding.

We are beyond happy we were able to have Wes photograph our engagement photos and our 6.10.12 wedding day!

Wes is a phenomenal photographer and a true artist. As a graphic designer, I was looking for a photographer who was the total package: creative, passionate, easy-going personality, and highly concerned with composition, light, color, texture, and the overall mood of each photograph to make every person and object look amazing. He surpassed our expectations.

Not only is Wes an artist, but he's also incredibly personable, knowledgeable, easy to contact, fun, and within our wedding budget. We first worked with Wes during our Oct 2011 engagement shoot. Our engagement photos were gorgeous. Many of our guests told us that whenever anyone saw our Save-The-Date magnet, they thought it was a photograph from a magazine.

Wes was also an absolute pleasure to work with on the wedding day. He called us the week before the wedding to go over everything and make sure he knew our priorities and overall vibe we wanted. We had a lot of laughs, a lot of serious moments, and a lot of fun. He made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful.

His wife, Necia, also a graphic artist, was his assistant on our wedding day and was his right-hand woman. Wes and Necia are a wonderful example of a married couple that works as "one." Necia also took photos on the wedding day and they turned out wonderfully too.

When we received our photos, we were overjoyed with how Wes captured our wedding day perfectly. He was able to represent all the emotion, fun, and beauty of our wedding and reception. His execution demonstrated creative vision and true talent. Each shot wasn't just a snapshot, but an honest moment saved for all time. Check out our photos at vimeo.com/wescraftphotography/bethandrick

Free "extras" that are included with Wes' photography services are: wedding day slideshow that brings your day to life, photo-retouching, full-resolution images on a disc, and ordering site to share with family and friends. You can also order a wide selection of beautiful albums and professional, archival quality prints.

We are thrilled we chose Wes Craft as our wedding photographer and will treasure our engagement and wedding photos forever!

Sent on 07/12/2012
  • Kace

Kace · Married on 05/05/2012

Wes & Necia were so wonderful to work with. They were very professional, but also very personable and funny. They made everyone feel comfortable while taking portraits, and I barely noticed they were there taking pictures of the party, and boy what great shots they got! Our wedding album turned out absolutely amazing, and I recommend them to everyone I know getting married or wanting family photos. Hire them - they are the best!

Sent on 01/31/2013
  • eethorne

Emily · Married on 04/21/2012

Wes was AMAZING!!!! He is the best photographer EVER!!!!!!!! Next to saying yes to the proposal Wes was the best decision I made!!! Wes is so approachable and friendly and professional! Wes made my wedding day less stressful and more fun! Family and friends all mentioned how impressed they were with him. Wes is some how everywhere for each shot yet in the background. He got along with everyone! Wes makes everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera! He is also very funny! We have been so happy to have worked with Wes!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Em. You and Colin have been so gracious through the whole process. You're ideal clients to have and make our job so rewarding. We look forward to making a gorgeous album for you.

Khushali · Married on 11/18/2011

Wes is the best photographer EVER!!! He's is very personable and as a bride you don't have to worry about anything! He gets along with everyone and is very friendly. My sister had him as her photographer and after seeing his work, I was determined to have him for my wedding, and I did!!! The best decision I ever made!! I would recommend him to all of the brides out there. He'll do an amazing job.

From: One satisfied customer

Sent on 12/19/2011

Audra · Married on 09/23/2011

We are so thankful that we chose Wes Craft Photography to shoot our wedding in Denver, Colorado. We have always been a huge fans of Wes's photography and when we found out that he was available on our wedding day this past September we just had to fly him out to shoot our big day. Wes made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and really took time to listen to exactly what wanted in our wedding photography. His fun and out-going personality also helped to liven up some of our bridal party during pictures. He made everyone laugh and they all had a great time! Wes truly takes his time to capture the most important moments of the day. When we saw our pictures we were floored!!!! They were absolutely STUNNING! We would highly recommend Wes Craft Photography to any bride and groom that is looking for exceptional customer service, amazingly beautiful pictures and a photographer to use for a lifetime!!!

Audra & Rich Mincey
    Denver, CO

Sent on 12/19/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Audra, it's been a blessing having you as a client. I may just have to hire you for some P.R. You're good!

Alice · Married on 08/26/2011

The best photographer hands down. Wes made everyone feel comfortable, he was very funny and had the bridal party laughing during some of the photos...which made for real genuine smiles. He kept it fresh and professional. The pictures turned out better than I could have ever hoped for - quality wise and creatively. I've gotten nothing but compliments on the pictures, they are amazing!

Sent on 10/07/2011
  • Scarlett

Scarlett · Married on 05/29/2011

After getting engaged in May 2009, I immediately started looking for the right photographer for my May 2011 wedding. I searched "The Knot," "WeddingWire," and asked married and engaged friends for recommendations. While searching "The Knot" Chicago boards quite frequently, Wes Craft's name was mentioned several times as being a great wedding photographer. I looked at Wes' portfolio and was really amazed at what I saw. I gave my now-husband the task of interviewing wedding photographers and he spoke with Wes and came away impressed. I knew from reading the boards that Wes booked up fast, so we booked him right away. He did our engagement session in Chicago in the summer of 2010. The photos he took were gorgeous and he stayed over the one-hour allotted time to get extra shots that I wanted. After our engagement shoot I was really excited for the wedding because Wes was very friendly and fun to be around. I was very nervous during the shoot and he made me laugh and open up. Us, our family, and friends loved our engagements photos. Wes' attention to detail is extraordinary. He is always looking through his camera lens for inspiration for interesting, artistic, and candid photos that make his work stand out from ordinary wedding photographers.

On the day of our wedding, Wes arrived 30 minutes early to my house to take photos of us getting ready and he immediately started working. I was very flustered at this time and his humor calmed my nerves during our first photo shoot. He was rocking to Jock Jams in our living room with my family while taking photos. My entire family and Wes looked like they were having a good time. During this session even though he was having fun he was very focused. Again, his attention to detail is amazing. If one thing was out of place in photo he would go remove it and then take the photo. He really cares about the quality of the photos and wants to make sure they are the best that they can be. Before, the wedding I gave Wes a hefty shot list and I must say he went above and beyond to try to get every photo on that list. My family and bridal party absolutely loved Wes. My favorite line that my Dad said while Wes was shooting was, "Man this guy really knows what he is doing!" The bridal party – especially the girls – loved Wes. He kept cracking jokes and making everyone smile and have a good time. Also, during the wedding he did not interrupt the ceremony or block any guests’ view of the ceremony. I have been to a handful of weddings where the photographer stands in front of guests to get certain photos, which Wes did not. Honestly, during the ceremony I did not even notice Wes was there. I know from the wonderful pictures he took. After the ceremony Wes took all of the family photos with the bride and groom. Even through it was a little disorganized (due to me), Wes went with the flow and got some amazing shots. I could tell he was very inspired by the architecture of our church and he took many artistic shots. Toward the end of this shoot he was begging me to take more photos because he was so inspired, which really showed me was enjoying what he was doing.

After church photos we moved to our reception site, which was a resort located off Lake Michigan. Wes took some beautiful pictures of us on the beach. He also delivered on some of the special shots I requested with the bridal party on the beach. I wanted a "jump shot" and “a feet in the sand” shot, which turned out well. I also wanted a night time shot. I had seen some of his night shots on Facebook and asked if he could take one of us. The night shot he took was amazing. It is one of my favorite shots. I am going to have it made into a large canvas and put on my wall at home. Wes stayed late in order to get that night shot and I am so happy he did. Wes definitely made my wedding day more enjoyable, considering the amount of time that is spent taking pictures.

The photos themselves blew me away. We got a sneak peak about week after the wedding and Wes posted some of his favorites before that on Facebook. The vibrant colors and raw emotion in the photos he was able to capture was amazing. I loved all the candid and artistic photos he took. Wes did such a wonderful job capturing our wedding. I would say you’d be crazy not to book him for your wedding. And I hope in the future he gets shoot my four other sisters’ weddings.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Regina · Married on 04/30/2011

My husband and I were blessed beyond measure to have had Wes Craft as the photographer for our wedding on April 30, 2011 in Chicago. I don't know where to begin in detailing how incredible our experience was with Wes! To start, Wes came to my parents' home to photograph me for a bridal session about two weeks before the wedding, and he spent nearly two extra hours getting additional shots of me throughout the house to ensure that he had a) a plethora of great photos and b) photos in all the areas that my mom kept requesting. The photos looked like they came out of "Vogue" or "Vanity Fair" (according to my sisters and several friends). I'm so grateful that he took the time to take these photos prior to the wedding day, when everything tends to get very hectic.

On the wedding day itself, Wes did an absolutely phenomenal job. He arrived early for both the bridal session and the wedding day photos and took STUNNING detail shots of the ring bearer pillow; invitation; bouquets; and rings while my bridesmaids were getting ready. Even though my family was a little crazy at the house before the wedding, Wes was a TRUE pro and got everyone in place for photos that ended up turning out like they came out of a fairy tale.

It gets even better. Wes' photos of our Nuptial Mass will be treasured always, as I feel like he captured the grace and meaning of the sacrament itself on camera. I don't think I can say that for any other wedding photos I've ever seen. It's like he knew exactly what moments to shoot and when, and it means the world to me that he captured my husband's face as I came down the aisle (something I'm not sure I noticed or remembered because I was crying so hard :). He took some amazing photos of the bridal party during the vows; great candid shots; a really breathtaking black-and-white photo of my husband and I during the presentation of the flowers; and really memorable photos of my facial expressions when my husband disclosed our honeymoon location to me as we were leaving the altar (the trip was a surprise!).

Things just kept getting better at the reception, which was held at my parents' house. Due to bad weather the week prior, we couldn't go to a neutral location for photos, and despite all the guests mingling around for cocktails while photos were being taken, Wes was AMAZING at getting everyone together and taking splendid group shots. He also took a series of photos of my husband and me near a magnolia tree in full bloom, and those are definitely getting printed on canvases and hung in our house. He captures color, details, expressions like you wouldn't believe. Wes continued to snap amazing photos of the dinner, speeches, and dancing throughout the night, including some hilarious before-and-after photos of my wedding cake before it toppled onto the floor.

In summary, Wes captured my wedding day better than I could have imagined or expected, and the photos will be treasured always. You could not pick a better guy for your wedding than Wes!

Oh, and P.S. Wes is HILARIOUS! He can make even the grumpiest, most obnoxious person in your wedding party crack a smile, and my mother was just about ready to adopt him. He's so personable, friendly, funny, and accommodating, and you feel like he's another amazing guest at your wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2011

Wes Craft Photography - Wes Craft Weddings's reply:

Your review has me tearing up. Thank you Regina! Your wedding was a rich banquet for the eyes and the heart. Warm Regards,
    Wes