Wendi's Cakes Reviews

30 | Ephrata, PA

30 Reviews for Wendi's Cakes

Kimberly · Married on 05/09/2015

Amazing cake. Great taste just like when we went to taste test in November.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Meghan · Married on 11/15/2014

The cakes at Wendi's are delicious!! She did our wedding cake and it was delicious. The cakes are gorgeous and the best part is that she doesn't use fondant!! The way she does the icing, she makes it look perfectly smooth like fondant but without the waxy taste of it since she's using butter cream.

She has tons of wedding cake designs, cake flavors & icing flavors. She was a joy to work with and I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Taminicka · Married on 11/08/2014

We loved our wedding cake. Wendi designed our cake better than we could have imagined. The cake tasted amazing. Our guest loved it.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Wendi did a wonderful job listening to what we were looking for in a cake and working with us to get the design we wanted with a wonderful taste. She did not use any fondant (which was delightful to find out!) and makes an amazing cake called "creme bouquet." She put a raspberry cream in the center and buttercream on the outside, and this was one of the layers we chose for our cake after tasting it at her bakery. She works directly with Foxchase Golf Club and all money was handled between her and the Club. She heard about how my cake topper broke and that "Wedding Planner" at Foxchase hot glued it back together and called me the first business day after the wedding to check in. Her bakery is amazing and located across the street from Wilbur Chocolate Factory! A day spent getting desserts and treats is in store when you go to visit her! Her staff is also very friendly. We had a wonderful experience working with her.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delicous. We told Wendi what we wanted to have done with our cake and she did excellent work. I even had a family member tell me she thought it was fake because it looked so perfect sitting on the table! It was moist and delicious with a fantastic strawberry cream filling. So many people told me how good it was--and now I'm really excited for our anniversary so we can eat the top! Hopefully my husband I will get a chance to come to their shop in Lititz or the stand at the Green Dragon for some cupcakes in the future!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/13/2013

We had cupcakes at our wedding! Super delicious! Oreo cream, pineapple inside out and raspberry cream! They were all fantastic and our guests loved them!

Sent on 07/23/2013

My husband and I had an unconventional request; we wanted chocolate icing. It was amazing. The cake was super moist, the filling with delicious. After an easy consult, I didn't have to think about the cake until it was time to cut it. Rebecca's and my venue handled everything in between.

Sent on 08/03/2013
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 10/20/2012

Rebecca's Heavenly Goodies lives up to its name! Our wedding cake was so moist and delicious, and we had a bunch of different flavors to choose from! Wendy, the owner, is very nice and easy to work with as well. My husband and I often stop in there for some cupcakes because her 'Goodies' are so good!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Karen · Married on 05/28/2011

Rebecca's cake was not only beautiful, but it was absolutely delicious. She helped me determine how to get the biggest bang for my buck. She was flexible when I changed my mind and provided suggestions when I was overwhelmed. I would highly recommend her cakes.

Sent on 01/11/2012

diane · Married on 10/09/2010

Rebeccas is a pleasure to work with. Very efficient and has a lot of experience. Not to mention the cake is amazing!!!

Sent on 10/31/2010

Jodi · Married on 10/02/2010

Rebecca's did an Amazing job on our wedding cake. She matched the colors of our wedding perfectly. The cake was so moist and everyone loved it. I would recommend her to anyone! Thank you Rebecca!!!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Tami · Married on 09/25/2010

The best cake by far! I went to 3 other bakery's trying to find one for my wedding. My stepmother had mentioned Rebecca's and so she made the appointment to go taste testing... I was sold on the first bite! All the other cakes where to dry or did not taste right, but this one, moist as could be with just enough flavor!!

Sent on 10/01/2010

Carmen and Erin · Married on 05/29/2010

Rebecca not only provided us with a wonderful cake that looked great and was delicious, but she also helped us with many other aspects of our wedding. It was great to work with someone with the knowledge, patience, and professionalism of Rebecca. She took the time to help us go over the "loose ends" and make sure that we were more than ready to enjoy our day without worries. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a cake, flowers, invitations, or probably any other need for a wedding and reception.

Sent on 08/02/2010
  • LR1904

Lisa · Married on 05/22/2010

The place that we had our ceremony/reception has a contract with Rebecca's Cakes so I decided to use who they recommended and I'm glad I did. Rebecca is a wonderful person to work with!! The cake looked fabulous and tasted fabulous as well. Everyone was raving about the cake after the wedding. I plan to use her in the future!!!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Amy · Married on 05/15/2010

My family has been eating Rebecca's cakes for years, and when it came to planning my wedding and preparing for dessert there was no question who we were going to call on. The cake was FANTASTIC, very flavorful and moist and beautifully decorated. Rebecca really knows her stuff! I was particularly impressed when our photographers complimented the cake and offered that it was the best she's ever had at a wedding (and she's been to many!). Rebecca was very easy to work with and was able to help us make selections very quickly.

Sent on 05/31/2010

Denise · Married on 03/06/2010

The cake was wonderful in appearance and taste. Everyone commented about the cake and how good it was.

Sent on 04/10/2010

Jill · Married on 11/15/2008

Rebecca's was recommended to me by both sister's who had their wedding cakes made by her 10 years ago. I knew she'd do a great job, and she certainly came through. Our cake was delicious and looked amazing - customized to our liking. My husband is very picky and when he met Rebecca he was put right at ease. He actually let me know right away that he wanted her to do our flowers as well because he really trusted her to be reliable, which meant a lot. She helped us decide on something perfect for us, delivered on time, and set up a display that looked great at the reception. She certainly met our expectations in a cake baker/decorator, and we had fun with her along the way!

Sent on 07/01/2009

Laura · Married on 10/11/2008

Rebecca made the most beautiful and delicious cake I have ever seen/tasted for my wedding this past October. The cake was half Autumn spice with a light spice flavor and half white velvet, with apple mouse in between. She decorated it in all ivory with a pattern to match the pattern in my dress, gorgeous flowers, and a very unique monogram cake topper. She really made the entire process of choosing our cake very enjoyable. Her knowledge and experience helped us to make the best decisions regarding our cake and we can not thank her enough for sharing her recommendations with us. Our guests were actually asking for seconds at the reception and to this day we still have people asking us where we got out cake. Many of our guests also commented on how beautiful our cake was, and that they could not believe how good it was. They were amazed that not only did it look fabulous, but it tasted fabulous as well. It really makes me happy to know that people are still talking about our cake more than 6 months later!

Rebeccas made me feel very calm and confident that everything would be exactly the way I wanted it, and it was! I was so excited when we walked into the reception and saw the cake for the first time, it was perfect! I highly recommend Rebecca's Heavenly Goodies for any and all of your cake needs. I have not purchased a cake from anyone else since having one of Rebecca's and I live over half an hour away.

Sent on 04/15/2009

Natalie · Married on 07/12/2008

Best wedding cake I EVER HAD!

Sent on 12/03/2008

John · Married on 07/05/2008

Thank you for making our 1st Anniversary such a great one. Rebecca's is a place I will definitely refer to everyone I know. They did everything I asked in such a short notice. They were fabulous and the cake was awesome as well! Again, thank you so much. Look forward to the next "Heavenly Goodies" we get from you! A++++++

Sent on 07/06/2009
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth · Married on 04/18/2008

Amazing! Flowers were breathtaking (I choose the colors and she put a gorgeous arrangement together!)
    Cake was beautiful! She is also a wedding planner, and is very accessible, and has owned her own business for years! Very knowledgeable about the area and where to go and who to go to!!

Sent on 05/06/2008

Rebekah · Married on 09/15/2007

Rebecca is a treasure. I was so happy with the incredible flowers and wedding cake. The cake was decadent and everyone raved at the flavor and at how ornate and beautiful it was. I ordered the ebony and ivory flavor with the mocha filling and it was out of this world!!!! The icing was ivory with champagne ribbons and roses trailing around the cake. Absolutly wonderful. But, not only was the cake out of this world, the flowers were incredible! They were fresh, vibrant and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined in my head while planning my wedding. Don't make a mistake by going elsewhere! Rebecca was very organized, timely, professional and made the planning fun. I knew I could trust her eye for color and knew that my day was going to be perfect. Thanks to her, it was. I just wish I could have kept my cake and my bouquet forever! I will use her for all my special events in the years to come! (This is true praise considering I live over 1 hour away and will travel for her creations!)

Sent on 07/23/2009

Amanda · Married on 06/07/2003

Rebecca is a "heaven sent" angel for anyone planning a wedding. Our wedding cake exceeded my dream for was I envisioned our cake to be. Not only that, but the personal attention Rebecca and her family devoted to my family was unexpected in a world in which it seems everyone is out for the "buck" rather than doing the right thing! We also went with Rebecca and her daughter for all our flowers. I still pull out our wedding album and admire the beautiful arrangements that fulfilled my wish for a spring garden feel.

I can't express how much I truly value the attention and service Rebecca and her family dedicate to making the lives of others truly beautiful. We continue to frequent Rebecca's bakery for all our special cake needs. When in need of a sweet treat or that truly exceptional cake... there is no comparison to Rebecca's! As a matter of fact... my son, who is 3, knows to call his birthday cake "a Rebecca" because my family will never go anywhere else when a special event is being celebrated.

Sent on 03/28/2009

Joielyn · Married on 10/16/1999

Although it has been a while since Rebecca did my wedding cake...I still visit her frequently for special occasion cakes. I love that I can walk into her fabulous shop for a great cup of coffee and a scrumptious piece of cake! She and her husband are so great and very pleasant to work with and be around! They are wonderful people! I highly recommend Rebecca's Heavenly Goodies for your next special occasion cake! I promise you won't be disappointed. She has a variety of cake flavors and fillings. She is very helpful in the designing of your cake. She wants your day to be perfect, and it shall be with a cake from Rebecca!

Sent on 03/14/2009
  • I

Seneca · Married on 09/10/2010

Rebecca's was a great choice for our wedding cake -- she is very personable and meeting with her was a pleasure - she's very professional and there is a great peace that you get from knowing that someone like her is taking care of your cake! On the day of, there were no problems at all, the cake was beautiful, and we got several compliments on the taste, even from my very picky professional chef cousin. The 4.5/5 on "responsiveness" is because she is a VERY busy woman, and so sometimes you have to wait a bit for her to return your call - but it's worth it! The flat rate is comforting, because then you don't have to sacrifice style to save money, AND you can do fun fillings, like our strawberry cream filling, which was to-die-for. I would recommend Rebecca's to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2010