Wedlock Officiants Reviews

Wedlock Officiants 5
Wedlock Officiants 6
Wedlock Officiants 7

Jane · Married on 08/02/2015

Micah Sturr was so awesome and made our ceremony perfect! He met with us before the wedding to find out about us and how we met and really personalized our ceremony. He was able to add in little things that we wanted and he was so organized and helpful. We have nothing but great things to say about him! Our wedding ceremony was perfect thanks to him and he even put Star Wars references in our ceremony for my husband.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Rudionna · Married on 05/03/2015

Prior to meeting Micah, we felt nervous and lost. Then, in a very informal meeting Micah asked about us and our story. Soon we were laughing and at ease. When all is said and done, we were blessed to have Micah as our officiant.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Ron · Married on 04/24/2015

Weddings are an experience...an experience of a lifetime. What does one do? What do they say? What is required of them to make the day go perfectly? So many questions, so much to think about and often minimal time to do so...

Well... Wedlock Officiants helps guide the entire process. My wife, Jessica and I had the pure pleasure of working with a gentleman named Micah. He led us through the entire process, not only telling us what to expect, but diligently offering insight as to past experiences (both positive and negative) to infer of what will likely work best. Micah was very honest and legitimately excited about our wedding, bringing a hint of his personal character to the wedding itself; which Jessica and I appreciated. That said, Micah was upfront and honest with us as to his involvement and appearance on our day. The little things are often overlooked and Micah made sure we covered everything.

When meeting for the first time or any time, Micah provided the building blocks which were easily accessible and made the ceremony run incredibly smooth. He works with both vows (either secretly or not, at your discretion) and builds the ceremony into something individually defined and that you can personally be proud of. In doing such, he also works with your audience to address questions, concerns or other situations which may arise, per circumstance. We worried there may be some in ours, but Micah eased our concerns greatly through discussion.

Micah was willing to and did work around our schedule (by virtue of arising circumstance{s}) to plan the entire ceremony...a state away! Jessica and I live in Utah and driving back and forth to the Front Range was not always the easiest. Micah understood and gracefully led the way by mobile Skype conversations. The entire experience was simply magnificent and we now feel we have a friend for life! Thanks for making our wedding extraordinary!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Micah is amazing!!!! He has such a great personality and he really makes you feel comfortable in his presence. He provided me with the exact ceremony that I wanted. I received many compliments from my guests on Micah's officiating skills. If you are getting married, hire Micah!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jen · Married on 08/23/2014

We had the pleasure of working with Micah as our officiant for our wedding. He was so much fun to work with. He made us feel at ease during the rehearsal and performed such an amazing ceremony that was written just for us. My parents absolutely loved him, and others kept commenting on how sweet and perfect the ceremony was. If you want an amazing officiant you have to go with Micah!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Wedlock Officiants, specifically Micah Sturr, was referred to us by our photographer - Rachel Abell (who is awesome by the way, http://www.rachelabellphotography.com/). We could not have been happier! I was blown away by Micah's responsiveness to our countless questions and his professionalism both leading up to and during the ceremony. We even changed the time of the wedding the day before and he didn't skip a beat agreeing to meet us at the different time and offering to pick up our bouquet since he new we were on a tight schedule.

If you have a list of officiants that you are trying to decide on, let me save you some time; pick Wedlock Officiants and rest easy knowing your day will be perfect and you'll have an awesome guy there to answer your questions and conduct your ceremony exactly how you envision.

Sent on 09/08/2014

The most important part of any wedding is the ceremony. It is the moment when everything stops and you face each other to make your commitments to each other official.

Knowing how important this part was, we were anxious about using someone we didn't know. We put our faith into the great reviews that Micah and Wedlock Officiants had online.

Based on our experience, I would STRONGLY recommend Wedlock Officiants to you. Our ceremony was the most memorable part of our entire wedding and that is thanks to the great job Micah did from start to finish. It is clear that a combination of experience and ability to read people well resulted in a ceremony we will never forget.

Sent on 07/28/2014

V. Nikkie · Married on 07/04/2014

Each wedding ceremony is unique and should be treated as such by the person performing it. Micah Sturr added his extraordinary touch to our wedding, and provided a heartfelt ceremony that will always be remembered. He is comical, patient, understanding, and extremely creative. Our day could not have been more perfect.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Nikkie · Married on 07/04/2014

Each ceremony is unique and should be treated as such by the person performing it. Micah Sturr added his extraordinary touch to our wedding, and provided a heartfelt ceremony that will always be remembered. He is comical, patient, understanding, and extremely creative. Our day could not have been more perfect.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 06/19/2014

Micah was excellent for our wedding! So many of our guests commented at the wedding what a wonderful ceremony we had. At the rehearsal dinner, Micah kept us all laughing and the mood light and festive as we practiced the ceremony.
    Micah really took the time to get to know the two of us. Even though we had only one in-person meeting and one over the phone meeting, we felt that Micah understood what we wanted to say during our wedding ceremony and we couldn't have been happier with the end result. He got along pleasantly with all of our guests, and was a pleasure to work with!
    Thank you Micah, and we almost wish we could get married again to work with you some more! :)

Sent on 06/29/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/10/2014

Micah sure knows how to make the event special. He is very good at what he does.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Benzir · Married on 03/01/2014

Micah married my husband and I a few weeks ago. He took the time to get to know us and incorporate our personality into the ceremony. He also came to our rehearsal and spoke with our family and friends. Micah is very easy to work with and has a warm and kind way about him, which is everything we could hope for in the person marrying us. We recommended him to a friend who is planning her wedding and she and her fiancee also loved him right away! We have nothing but nice things to say about Micah!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Pinque · Married on 02/13/2014

Micah was absolutely amazing and gave us exactly what we wanted in a ceremony. We contacted Micah at the last minute and he was still able to create a completely customized and personal ceremony that fit just my husband and I.

First, due to my high anxiety with people I'm unfamiliar with, and my hectic work schedule during the very few days leading up to the ceremony, I was not able to meet with Micah in person, but that did not stop him from doing everything he could to make sure it was perfect. He communicated with me exclusively online which made me so much more at ease and comfortable. He went out of his way to see who were ahead of time and then made sure each and every word was meaningful and personal to us. He listened when we asked for changes and made it the most perfect ceremony. He checked up on me daily to make sure I was doing alright and all our last minute wedding plans were coming together and told me that everything was going to be alright, and even after our wedding started 45 minutes late, he was extremely accommodating and told me that nothing else in the world mattered except marrying my love.

I am so incredibly happy I found Micah, because I don't think there is anyone else in the world who could have helped create such a perfectly perfect ceremony. We told him how important little things like Gaming, Zelda, Star Wars and Dr. Who were, and he incorporated each element into our ceremony in a such a beautiful and meaning way.

Sent on 02/15/2014

Crystal · Married on 08/23/2013

Micah officiated our wedding and did such a FANTASTIC job! We were running very short on time with less than two weeks until the wedding day, and he still was able to fit us in and help us craft the perfect ceremony for us! Micah went above and beyond our expectations as he helped us write our vows and add bits of our personalities into the ceremony. We are huge Star Wars geeks and after he pronounced us man and wife, he said with a smile "and may the force be with you, always." Our guests absolutely LOVED it! Months later today our family and friends still happily tell us that our wedding ceremony was the most unique and amazing one they've ever seen - all thanks to Micah! He was extremely flexible with our tight schedule and took care of everything ahead of time.

On our wedding day it started pouring rain just minutes before the ceremony was about to begin, but Micah handled it splendidly by being ready to go the MOMENT it stopped raining, giving us just enough time to do our outdoor wedding ceremony before it rained again! He is a friendly, kind, and dedicated individual and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our choice to have him officiate our wedding! I highly recommend using him if you're wedding is coming up. (Very affordable too!)

Sent on 11/04/2013

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2018

We LOVED working with Scot for our wedding! We found him randomly and couldn't have selected better. He's got some great selections for ceremonies if you don't want to compose one from scratch. At the rehearsal and the big day, he made everyone (including us!) comfortable and at ease. He's obviously experienced and capable. He conducted the ceremony really well without making too big a performance out of it. We'd recommend him without reservation!

Sent on 05/31/2018
  • Ellie

Ellie · Married on 09/09/2017

Scot is on top of everything! He knows what he is doing and was great to work with!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Ricardo · Married on 04/15/2017

My wife and I are extremely grateful to Scot from Wedlock Officiants. Scot was absolutely tremendous! When we first met Scot, he asked us how my wife and I had met. After we told him our story, he said it was so unique and such a great story that he recommended us for his “Make Mine Royal” package (which now we highly recommend). He incorporated our story into his ceremony and it was beautiful! There were laughs and tears of joy from family and friends. We married April 2017 and we still get compliments to this day on how marvelous he captured who we are as a couple. At our first meeting he also guided us through every detail for the ceremony, he was so thorough that he put all of our concerns to rest. We also highly recommend the rehearsal option! Due to some difficulty with our venue, we were not able to schedule the rehearsal on site; but Scot and provided us with a wonderful alternative; this man is very resourceful. During rehearsal, Scot communicated the plan of the ceremony with great detail to our wedding party and made everyone feel comfortable. The day of our wedding, we had some hiccups due to our venue, but through it all, Scot was professional and supportive. It was like I had two “best men” by my side. We can’t thank Scot enough! He was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Ricardo and Adriana were amazing clients to work for and their story is a great one. Ricardo was a dance instructor and Adriana was one of his students. I know, I know, it sounds a bit cliche, but they really were made for each other.

They asked me to write a ceremony for them, so I wrote "Love is Dance". A ceremony that called out the common themes between dancing and marriage. Here is a snippet: "Really, there is no better symbolism to marriage than dancing. It’s just that the song lasts for our entire lives. And while the song may change tempo, get louder and softer or even pause for a rest, we must always keep moving, listen to our partner and mix expressing ourselves and helping our partner express themselves to make it work. Marriage is a promise to be with your partner every step, beat, cross and turn of the way."

Combining the passion of dancing into a ceremony with such a tremendous pair like Ricardo and Adriana and the result was truly electric.

And to follow up on something Ricardo said, a rehearsal is mostly about what and how things are done in the ceremony with the intent of letting you get lost in the moment during your ceremony instead of worrying about things like 'when do we hold hands'. The where is much less important and easy to change. So when the venue wasn't available, we met at a local park and did the rehearsal in the spring sunshine.
  • Emilee and Mike Morgan's Wedding

Emilee · Married on 03/26/2017

Scott was amazing!! He offered us a variety of options and allowed us to create the exact ceremony we wanted! It was perfect and simple! Exactly what we wanted for our big day!!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Hannah · Married on 09/07/2014

Micah was absolutely incredible. We loved that he specialized in non-religious ceremonies and customized each ceremony to fit the couple. We got exactly what we wanted -- a ceremony that fit our personalities and beautifully summed up our lives and future together. Micah was responsive, helpful, and explained the process to us. He provided support, offered suggestions, and completely tailored the ceremony to our needs. We couldn't have been happier with the resulting ceremony and would absolutely recommend Micah. We also highly recommend having Micah lead a rehearsal, we did one with him, our parents, and wedding party the day-before the wedding which was extremely helpful. We also received tons of praise from our guests about how beautiful the ceremony was and what an incredible officiant Micah was -- we couldn't agree more!

Sent on 09/24/2014
  • Hanna

Hanna · Married on 08/11/2018

We could not be happier with Scot and our ceremony. From our first meeting we knew we made the right choice. He had everything extremely organized and we were able to pick one of his scripts and make it our own. He kept in contact with us to make sure everything would go smoothly the day of. Scot showed up early and talked everything through with us making us feel a whole lot more comfortable. One tiny thing that he said he’d mention about putting cameras away wasn’t said, but that wasn’t a big deal. The ceremony was great, I think he was a little off his game and missed our ring exchange, but it definitely gave the ceremony some character and relaxed us a bit (we got introduced twice and got to kiss twice, haha!). He was very professional and fun about correcting the mistake, we loved it. Thank you Scot, our day would not have been the same without you. You truly are the best!

Photos by Alchemy Creative

Wedlock Officiants 13
    Wedlock Officiants 14
    Wedlock Officiants 15

mary · Married on 05/07/2016

Scot was great. He helped us figure out what kind of ceremony we were looking for. We didn't know what we were doing except we didn't want anything religious.
    The day of, he was the easiest and most stream lined of everything we had going on. He briefed my husband and I individually and the ceremony was easy going and exactly what we intended. We were so pleased with everything. Really easy to deal with.
    Thank you again.

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Autumn

Autumn · Married on 07/23/2017

3.5

Scot was such a pleasure to work with! He really tailored our ceremony to match who we are and what we wanted. His vibrant personality hooked our guests attention and really made for a beautiful speech. We aren't super religious and wanted to find someone who could talk about the journey of marriage and the good morals and hard work it takes to maintain it. If I were in search of an officiant I'd highly recommend Scot.

Thanks Again!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Wedlock Officiants's reply:

Autumn and Steven were a pleasure to work with and their wedding was really touching. There really is something amazing about hearing someone read their own vows. And in case you were wondering, the 3.5 stars on responsiveness was not a miss-click on Autumn's part, but is well deserved. I've been in the midst of a personal emergency this summer and it has taken a toll on my responsiveness. However, I have worked hard to not let it impact the quality of my work or the end result of a wonderful wedding. And it warms my heart that Autumn and Steve feel well taken care of.

Katie · Married on 04/20/2017

Defiantly send him a message!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/17/2014

3.5

Micah wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. My husband and I, along with our families, were very impressed with how he handled the group during rehearsal and the ceremony. His experience with teaching, public speaking, and journalism all came together to help everyone with our wedding really relax and enjoy themselves. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2017

4.2
      3.0

I am so grateful to Scot for helping us create an amazing ceremony. It was such a special moment and maybe my favorite part of the day. He was very willing to work with us so that our ceremony would feel like us. He was very professional and had great presence during the ceremony. Many of our guests complimented on how well he did. Scot has a great understanding of what is needed for a ceremony and has good attention to detail. We decided not to do a rehearsal but he still gave some good tips and suggestions that we would not have thought of ourselves. We definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/16/2017