Sterling Hills by Wedgewood Weddings Reviews

Sterling Hills by Wedgewood Weddings 3
Sterling Hills by Wedgewood Weddings 4
Sterling Hills by Wedgewood Weddings 5

Debra · Married on 05/04/2014

We got married on May 4, 2014 at Surfer Knolls Beach and had our reception at San BuenaVentura Golf Course. The service provided by Shannon and Tori was absolutely amazing. They helped each step along the way. We had little stress with the planning of our wedding. The day of our wedding was the best ever!!! I can not express how thankful I am to have found Wedgewood!! Thank you so much for helping us put on the best day of the rest of our lives!!!! Debra and Tom

Sent on 05/14/2014

Megan · Married on 04/05/2014

Wedgewood Wedding and Banquet Center at Buenaventura Golf Course is the best venue! I had a very limited budget and not only did they work with me and create a special package for me they created an experience for me and my guests that felt and looked like I spent a fortune!
    The food was amazing... everyone still comments about it!
    The set up and atmosphere was breathtaking and Robin Sanford our DJ (which is included with their services) was the best DJ ever! Not only did she KNOW what I wanted to hear she kept the whole night flowing effortlessly! I will definitely recommend her services for EVERYTHING!
    The whole staff was very accommodating and Alex, our personal server, always made sure we had drinks and was taken care of.

All the ladies in the office answered all my questions throughout all the planning and Shannon was so attentive the day of and had everything handled.

I wish I could relive my day forever and ever and I wouldn't change a thing!

If anyone ever asks, this is THE PLACE to get married!!!!

Best bang for your buck!!!! :-)

Sent on 04/22/2014

MELINA · Married on 03/28/2014

Wes and Sean were just AMAZEBALLS! They were so attentive and always kept my husband and I with a full drink at our sweetheart table. I am so glad that I chose to have my wedding at Sterling Hills...the experience and the ease of that day was just awesome. I had forgotten a few wedding things in the sales office and Wes and Sean ran to get them for me when I realized that I didn't have them (cake knife, cake to go boxes). The venue looked beautiful and I received so many compliments on how great the place looked. My wedding is a day I will not soon forget and the Sterling Hills team made it that much more wonderful. I will definitely, without hesitation, recommend Sterling Hills to all my friends/family for any future wedding/event they may have.

Sent on 04/09/2014

Keleigh · Married on 02/24/2014

Where to start. We got married at the Sterling Hills location and from day one of planning, which was only four months, things went perfect with them. Honestly I'm not sure anything I say can really explain how amazing my wedding was there. The only word that comes to mind is perfect. Our day went off without a hitch, our coordinators were amazing and super accommodating, the food, cake, set up and just the overall experience was perfect. I have had nothing but raving compliments since and that's saying a lot coming from my family who finds a fault in everything. They are very affordable and do all inclusive packages. I did a lot of inclusions but certain things like centerpieces I chose to do on my own cause I am a D.I.Y. girl. I also had my own photographer because he was a friend and I love his photos. Please consider them it will truly be an unforgettable event.

Sent on 03/16/2014
  • I

Ian · Married on 01/18/2014

They turned our wedding into a dream. My wife and I just had our wedding there over two weeks ago. I couldn't ask for a better venue and staff to work with. Jessica and Shannon were amazing. Wes and the rest of the banquet staff did a wonderful job during our reception. They are such an amazing team. Most of my friends drink Stella beer, but Sterling Hills doesn't caryy it. The Wedgewood in Ventura does though. SO, THEY MADE SURE THEY BROUGHT IT OVER FROM VENTURA. NOW THAT'S SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bartender even kept a case for me on the side. That's a very thoughtful bar tender. They work very hard at their jobs and it shows. Weddings are very stressful, but they didn't even cause any stress or drama. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! No hidden fees, everything is laid out for you. Our guests had nothing but compliments about the food and the venue. The appetizers were wonderful. I suggest the Ahi-Tuna. So happy we chose Wedgewood Sterling Hills as our wedding venue. When you hear from your wife you made her dream come true during the wedding, you know your wedding is magical. You can not go wrong with Wedgewood

Sent on 02/01/2014

Just had my wedding there over the holidays and I couldn't ask for a better venue and staff to work with. Jessica and Shannon were amazing. Wes and the rest of the banquet staff did a wonderful job during our reception. No hidden fees, everything is laid out for you. Our guests had nothing but compliments about the food and the venue. So happy we chose Wedgewood Sterling Hills as our wedding venue.

Sent on 01/01/2014

Amazing work for amazing value!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Allison · Married on 10/27/2013

This location is great! The Ventura ceremony location looks as though you are on an island somewhere and the reception area at night is amazing. Our wedding was perfect and their staff was amazing, making sure that the reception and ceremony was set up exactly as we envisioned it and they pulled it off. I would recommend them to anyone that is getting married. We did this to one co-worker and they liked the location in Ventura so much they booked their wedding there as well for next year.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Katie · Married on 10/11/2013

I would use again and recommend this vendor to anyone. I had the most perfect wedding and Erika and her staff were amazing! The food was the best food I ever had, absolutely out of this world. 110% to Wedgewood

Sent on 10/29/2013
  • User3619127 · 2+ years ago

I will never be able to properly describe how helpful Wedgewood was during my wedding. Not only did they promptly answer every tiny question I had a long the way, but they were amazing the day of the wedding. I was so relieved as they held my hand through everything. They were literally available for my every need the entire evening. I will ALWAYS recommend Wedgewood to anyone. I know a few brides who are getting married now and I have sworn up and down about the wonderful experience I had here.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 10/03/2013

The best thing about this vendor is the fact that they are all inclusive. You can customize or add whatever services you need. The price is unbeatable for everything you get and the team is amazing. I love them. They made my life so much easier by providing almost everything I need to plan my day! The quality of the invitations, toasting goblets and decor is outstanding and they have multiple locations. I used the Camarillo venue and it is beautiful.

Sent on 09/18/2013

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2013

The staff at Wedgewood was incredible. Shannon, Tori & Anna are the coordinators. So warm and friendly & extremely helpful. Wes, the banquet manager, was always available and and attentive to all of our needs on the day-of.
    The entire banquet staff was so helpful in keeping the timeline of the wedding running forward.
    Big thank-you to Robin Sanford, our DJ(Emcee). So much positive feedback from our guest about the music and her energy.

Sent on 10/07/2013

natalia · Married on 09/22/2013

My husband and i agree that wedgewood was simply amazing. Erika and jessica are so sweet and a pleasure to work with. They handle everything. I can't express how wonderful they made our day. Rev. Ken craft was the perfect person to marry us. The ceremony had everybody laughing and crying..he has such a way with words. Alex and kimberly were so friendly and attentive the both made sure everybody was taken care of.. it was sooooo awesome and julien the dj was the best... he worked it... played everything i wanted and kept us dancing all night. The night flowed so smoothly. I have no complaints. I give it 5 stars all the way...

Sent on 09/25/2013

Anita · Married on 08/31/2013

The Wedge Wood group at Sterling Hills helped make my dream wedding come true! We had all of our guests raving about the quality of food and service! Every dish was delicious and there was PLENTY for all of our guests to eat so nobody went hungry! From day one they walk you through the entire process and I love the value they offer WITHOUT compromising on elegance and quality. We highly recommend having your wedding there because the venue is gorgeous and they really go out of their way to accommodate your requests. They're a friendly bunch with a great, positive, can-do attitude! You'll be in great hands and they make it all WORTH IT!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Cynthia · Married on 08/30/2013

I enjoyed every second of my wedding thanks to the staff at Wedgewood (Ventura Golf Course). All I had to do is relax because the staff took care of everything. They were all very friendly and pleasurable to work with. The food was very good too. I would definitely recommend this place.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/20/2013

Has my wedding there two weeks ago. The staff was extremely professional and went above and beyond for my wedding day needs. The food was delicious and all their vendors were fabulous. Would recommend them to all my friends and family!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Andree Claire · Married on 06/15/2013

The staff here is so friendly! They provided me stress free wedding planning, and a stress free wedding day! They have affordable packages that are customizable. They only host one even at a time, which was really nice. My husband and I loved everyone there.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2013

Me and my new Husband just got married at Sterling Hills (May 2013). It was a great location and I'm glad I picked it. Not only was it affordable, but the staff was very organized, helpful, and prompt in responding to questions via phone or email.

We got the Gold package, but customized a little bit by taking this or that out, but adding something else. It ended up being a good deal from what other venues were charging for the same services.

The florist and cake designer that was part of the package was great, and made it easy for me.

The only two gripes I have are:
    1. The size of the dancefloor and
    2. The DJ.

The dance floor is a bit small - it can only accommodate approximately 12 to 14 people at a time.

My biggest gripe is the experience I had with their DJ services. The Music worksheet that the bride and groom has to fill out is asked to submit it 4 to 6 weeks before the event. However the DJ didn't actually make contact until 7 days prior to the event, and when we did speak for the first time, he still hasn't reviewed my material yet. The DJ didn't actually review my detailed information until 2 nights before my event! This level of disconnect resulted in him forgetting to announce a couple of things, playing the wrong style of music at the wrong time, and not following my request to playing a well-balanced mix of selected genres at the reception.

This was unnerving for me because I perceive the DJ to play a huge role and I would have liked to have more contact with him. Wedgewood should have the DJ thoroughly review the bride's music worksheet information AND contact the bride 7-10 days after she submits it. If the Bride is expected to submit the worksheet by a certain time, the DJ should be expected to review it and make contact shortly thereafter.
    The Bride should feel like the DJ cares and wants to help co-create the best experience for her on the big day.

Other than that, everything else went great!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Dani · Married on 04/13/2013

Doing our wedding at the Wedgewood was the absolute BEST thing that we could have done! The ceremony was beautiful and all packages were completely customizable. I loved that we weren't 100% locked in and committed to anything. Their package deals were amazing and we couldn't have made a better choice. Erika is the best planner and walks you through everything step by step. They don't let you sample their menu before your wedding which I was kinda nervous about; however, at the wedding, the food was hands down the BEST part. It was so delicious and all our guests kept raving about how great the food was. We have been told by many of our guests, "BEST wedding EVER!!!" Thank you, Wedgewood!!!

Sent on 04/27/2013
  • User3203935 · 2+ years ago

My wedding ceremony and reception was awesome. The staff was very professional and helpful. Jason, the DJ was fantastic.

Sent on 04/26/2013

L · Married on 01/20/2013

Was very pleased throughout the entire planning. My wedding day was absolutely perfect! The staff was great!

Sent on 01/28/2013

Shawnna · Married on 09/14/2012

Amazing! Everyone commented on how tasty the food was and it was the best they have ever had! The AC was not working in the bridal suite so keeping cool and not sweating was an issue but overall our experience was awesome!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Great venue for a wedding! Our wedding was beautiful and we could not ask for more. Anna & Jenn made everything so simple for us! I would highly recommend brides to have their wedding at Wedgewood Sterling Hills.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Nicole · Married on 04/03/2011

This place was beautiful. The staff was amazing. They really took great care of us from day one. One of the best places to get married if your looking for an all inclusive package.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Elena · Married on 02/25/2011

The experience we had with the Wedgewood was nothing short of amazing everything from the service, the venue, the catering, the staff-it was all wonderful. They were extremely accommodating and so easy to work with. I would and have recommended their venue. I am so pleased with everything they had to offer us for our special day.

Sent on 11/14/2011