WeddingsinPlaya Reviews

36 | Cancun, MX

36 Reviews for WeddingsinPlaya

Carmen · Married on 05/18/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Maria as a wedding planner. From the first day I contacted her she was very professional, and accessible. Her email responses were quick (within just a couple of hours!), precise and helpful. I had a meeting in Playa with Erica to do a catering tasting almost a year before the wedding, and many long and productive skype phone calls with Maria. Our wedding started small, but the guest list and needs started growing and Maria was very accomodating and helpful. Always glad to work with us and happy!

When we arrived for our wedding, I was surprised of how everybody in Playa knows her. Hola Maria! Hey Maria! we heard as we walked on the streets. She KNOWS what she's doing, who are the best vendors and does a wonderful job working within your budget. She was great with us and our families, even came to see my at my hotel when we had a small problem while getting ready to make sure I was relaxed and prepared. Always smiling and always having something nice and sweet to say.

I've been recommending Weddings in Playa to anyone who asks me. We had a wonderful experience and we will always remember Maria as a big part of our wedding.

THANK YOU Maria!!

Hugs from Carmen and John.

Sent on 02/24/2014

Christine · Married on 11/09/2012

We had the pleasure of working with these amazing women for our November 2012 wedding. We had read about Erica and Maria online, seen some of their beautiful weddings and even suggested Weddings in Playa to a friend in 2011. We knew that we could trust them with our vision of the perfect beach wedding and we were so glad we did!

We worked with Erica, a superwoman of wedding planning! The list of adjectives to describe how amazing she is can go on and on. Extremely organized, connected, respected, reliable, friendly and prompt are just a few. Erica made sure everything was in it's place, remembered all the little details I would have forgotten in the madness and made planning a wedding from another country a breeze. Always in touch with the vendors, always keeping us posted and always coming up with ways to make our process as stress free as possible.

She went beyond what was expected and helped us with our welcome dinner, drove us around for supplies and was always there when we needed her.

We had the pleasure of meeting with Maria as well for our initial site visit and I can assure any of you out there that these two ladies care about their clients, take pride in their work and weddings and will not disappoint you. On top of being great at their job, they are cool to hang out with too :)

Erica hooked us up with caterers for our welcome dinner, the most delicious cupcakes for the wedding, great shops for supplies and decor and recommended the venue, florist, DJ, hair stylist and almost every other vendor we used. And we were 100% happy with all of it.

Don't think twice about working with these wonderful ladies... they will make all your wedding dreams come true and make the planning process so much fun!

Sent on 08/21/2013

sofia · Married on 10/28/2012

Our wedding was quite small (12-15 people) and Erica was very flexible in accommodating our needs. We coordinated via email and skype. The best part was her attitude, as she truly loves her work and enjoys putting together the perfect wedding. I had lots of doubts about things being done on time, who the vendors should be, the colors etc... but she was very calming and understanding; helping me make the right decisions and stay on budget. There is a very positive vibe about her that just makes her a pleasure to work with. My wedding was perfect!!! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Annie · Married on 10/21/2011

My husband and I were a little aprehensive about planning a wedding in Playa del Carmen so we decided to hire a wedding planner to help us along the way. We did a ton of research and found Maria through positive reviews and blogs on different wedding websites. I'm so glad we ended up using Maria for she was heaven sent. She is extremely reliable, knows all the ins and outs of the business and wedding planning in Mexico. She helped us with everything from negotiating, planning, vendors, ideas, day-of help and much more. I would recommmend Maria to anyone and suggest that you use her!

Thanks Maria!! Love Ian & Annie :)

Sent on 12/27/2011

Tara · Married on 03/23/2011

Everything was great and stress free. Maria at Weddings in Playa made sure everything was taken care of and I was able to relax and enjoy my day with little stress.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Heidi · Married on 02/16/2014

Do you want your wedding to be stress-free, joyful,
    perfect-in-every-way, everything-you-dreamed-of? If so, Maria from
    Weddings In Playa is your girl.

We knew we wanted to have an off-resort wedding in the Riviera Maya,
    but we we're exactly sure how to start. After months of trying to
    plan on my own from thousands of miles away, trying to judge the
    legitimacy of vendors based on their website, and having difficulties
    with language barriers, I decided it was time to enlist the help of a
    professional. I am so happy I chose Maria. She was easy to work
    with, so calm and laid back, very responsive, and attentive to
    details. She recommended vendors and services that were within our
    budget (who were great, and we wouldn't have never found them on our
    own!), and helped us determine what was important to us and what
    wasn't. She made our wedding our very own and executed it flawlessly.
    Looking back, I can't even recall a single glitch or hiccup. I had
    nothing to worry about my entire wedding week, which to me, is
    priceless!

Sent on 03/29/2014
  • Phil

Phil Chapman · Getting married on 04/08/2021

Very easy and relaxed process

Everyone involved clearly communicated, in a timely manner, outlined the process and requirements, was thoughtful and assisted throughout.
    In the end, was very trouble/hassle free and a breeze.
    Just what we wanted.

Sent on 09/10/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thank you very much Phil it was our pleasure to be part of such a important day. Hope you got the certifcate by now.
  • F

Faizah · Married on 12/10/2015

When I first contacted Weddings in Playa, Maria quickly responded to my email. She answered any questions I had without any commitment which I greatly appreciated! You quickly learn of her experience in the industry. She knows the best vendors in the area and has many connections with professionals in the industry. When I came down to the day, she was on it! I didn't have to worry about anything. She took the best care of me and my family and I truly appreciate the hard work she put into my wedding. She made my vision come to life and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you Maria and thank you to your team!

Sent on 03/18/2016

Erica was a life-saver for our wedding. She helped my husband and I scout some of the venues before we decided on Azul Fives. While our hotel had its own wedding coordinators, I needed someone who represented my best interests, so I hired Erica. She has many years of experience working as a wedding planner in Playa and therefore she has a great network and is very resourceful. She helped with recommending photographers, DJs, and with sourcing decorations, favors and items for our welcome bags. She also served as our day-of-coordinator. We picked Erica in part because she already had experience working with Azul Fives as the day-of-coordinator for a previous wedding. After we decided on Azul Fives, I returned to Mexico three months before the wedding to do a deeper site inspection and Erica met with me and drove me to local shops in the area to look for the items we needed, which saved us a lot of money and the hassle of transporting stuff on the plane. She participated in our coordination meeting with the hotel coordinators, helped order and pick up the local decorations and favors, facilitated our wedding rehearsal and was great at keeping things moving on our wedding day. Last minute, Erica helped figure out how to set up our place card table for the reception so that the cards didn't blow away. She also figured out the best way to handle the sparklers during our reception entrance so that our 100+ guests could all light their sparklers simultaneously. During the whole planning process, Erica responded promptly to all my emails and we chatted via Skype as necessary. She was great. I'm so thankful for Erica and Weddings in Playa.

Sent on 03/16/2015

Cristin Ervin · Married on 11/22/2019

Laid back & fun wedding planners!

I worked with Maria and Arlenis for my wedding in Playa del Carmen. I would not have been able to pull off a destination wedding without their help. They were there with me from start to finish. They are pretty busy so you have to be okay with going at their pace. I sent pictures of what I envisioned and they helped me bring it all to life. My guests said they thought it felt seamless and it was the best wedding they ever attended (which is the ultimate compliment!). Thank you ladies! We will never forget our special day.

Sent on 01/03/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Dear Cristin and Pablo, you had a wedding to remember!! Over 150 guests in a dream’s space, fab weather and you in a lovely dress!! We loved every step of the planning and thanks for choosing WeddingsinPlaya! Happy Life!!

Stasha · Married on 02/12/2011

It was well worth the cost to have help with all of the wedding planning details. It allowed us to enjoy our wedding celebration & not worry about a thing, except having an awesome time!

Sent on 01/02/2012