WeddingsinPlaya Reviews

22 | Cancun, MX

22 Reviews for WeddingsinPlaya

22 WeddingsinPlaya Reviews

Candida · Married on 04/14/2018

We found Maria while researching wedding venues in Playa Del Carmen. After our initial Skype call with her, we knew we wanted to work with her. She was so warm, genuine, knowledgeable and friendly that we didn’t bother looking for other planners. She recommended our venue and most of our vendors, that all just ended up being perfect! We visited Playa a few months before the wedding and Maria was just wonderful. She took us around for the entire 2 days, Introduced us to all the vendors, and showed us some cool places to hold our week-of events. We loved our time with her and were confident we picked the best! She was always available for Skype calls, and very quick to answer texts or emails. Great communication, and so sweet! The week of the wedding, we have 4-5 events planned and she coordinated them all, was at every one, and made sure each one was a success. The wedding was just amazing, each detail perfect and we cannot thank you enough Maria! Even our guest remarked at how great she was! Work with her, you will not be disappointed!! You’re amazing Maria - thank you!! Love you, and we will see you when we are back In Mexico or in Italy!!

Sent on 04/18/2018
    WeddingsinPlaya 1
    WeddingsinPlaya 2
    WeddingsinPlaya 3

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

THANKS Candie and Ben, you are 2 unique and wonderful people and i was blessed to be a part of your BIG day (actually week!!) . I bless you and hope to see both of you soon!! thanks again, i really appreciate!

Kesha · Married on 02/10/2018

When we decided that we were having our wedding in the Playa del Carmen area, I was determined to do all of the work myself. But I quickly found myself very overwhelmed and lost. It didn't even occur to me to hire a wedding planner. I happened to be talking to a girl at work that I barely even knew and found that her brother and sister-in-law had used Maria for their PDC wedding. I immediately emailed her and set up a Skype appointment with her almost 2 years prior to our wedding date. When we spoke with her, she was so warm and friendly and calming. What really sold me was after describing to her what we were looking for, the first place she suggested was the one of the places that we were thinking about. My husbands parents had lived in Paamul(12 miles S of PDC) for several years and we had always said that if we did get married it would be there. Since they had sold their place and moved back to the states, we weren't 100% positive that we would still do it there. But it seemed like fate when she suggested Paamul, it just was meant to be that we were to get married there and Maria was the person that was supposed to make that happen.

Maria made my every wish come true! She respected all of my wishes and could see my exact vision in my head. She has amazing contacts and was able to facilitate my relationship with the vendors. There is not one single thing that I would change about our day except to make it last longer. I not only had the wedding of my dreams to share with the people most special to me, I gained an amazing friend out of it. Much love Maria!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Kesha and Kevin, i also have gained 2 new friends! i am so happy that all went incredibly well and your memories are amazing. I await you both in Playa for new adventures.....

Michelle · Married on 04/29/2017

We worked with Maria and couldn't have asked for a better match! I am an event planner experienced in all kinds of event and with a Master in Hospitality. BUT, I also had a very specific idea of how we wanted our wedding to be. Maria not only heard us during the initial stage of planning it but she understood ALL that we wanted! Working with her was easy, we love her energy, love and passion for what she does. It was stress free and on the day of our wedding she was OUTSTANDING. I highly recommend working with her team if planning your event in this area. I have no words to describe how happy we were with everything!

Justin · Married on 04/08/2017

This review is long overdue. Maria was so amazing and we had the wedding of our dreams. Not only will you be taken care of every last detail will be attended to. We had our wedding at a different place (Blue Venado) then where our guest were staying but this was not a problem at all. We still have guest talking about how unique and perfectly planned everything was during our ceremony and reception. We didn't have to go to anyone for outside help since they helped us with everything from start to finish. We can't thank you enough. If you want the wedding of your dreams and people who really care choose Maria and Weddings in Playa.

Sent on 07/29/2017

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks guysª !! the whole process has been so easy and fun with you 2: your presence, your approach, your way to see life is so amazing that I followed EASILY your instructions right to the A: thank You both to trust and love what I do!

Skyler · Married on 09/17/2016

It was last minute when we decided on our destination wedding and it was the BEST decision. It was made possible by Erica with WeddingsinPlaya! She was so accommodating from the first email (I live in Texas, so all correspondence was done online,) but she made me feel as if I was the only client with the response time and how I was able to choose from the wedding package what services I wanted. For example, my mother who is a Justice of the Peace, was able to perform my ceremony and it saved me some $$! The hotel I was staying at said this was an impossible request with their wedding package. The beach was tourist free during our ceremony, the weather was perfect, the ceremony/reception setup was exactly what one would imagine; white, turquoise water, flowing decorations, beautiful flowers, tasty champagne, beautiful cake, perfect pictures, prompt pickup and drop off from our hotel, the works! This was definitely a STRESS-FREE wedding and one we will always look back on and wish we could relive over and over. Thank you WeddingsinPlaya for making this possible!!

Allison · Married on 05/16/2016

Erica was our wedding coordinator and we cannot rave enough about her services. She is an angel for putting up with my extreme perfectionism and went above and beyond to make my wedding dreams come true. Despite excelling at her craft she is a wonderful person :) She went beyond her expected duties and helped us with two other dinners we had planned for the weekend! You would be a fool not to use her.

Nancy · Married on 04/23/2016

I got married in Playa Del Carmen at the Grand Coral Beach Club in April of 2016. I initially reached out to Weddings in Playa and was introduced to Maria. Maria is hands down the BEST. She dealt with all of my daily emails for nearly a year and made my wedding a dream come true. By the end, I could not be happier with having her as my wedding planner. I had nearly dozens of my guests come up to me during and after the wedding commenting on how amazing and on-point my planner was - and that she was! Maria was available for me to chat day or night. I skyped with her dozens of times. She was very patient with me as I was making every decision. She made sure to go above and beyond to get everything I needed from the venue, hotel, food, DJ, chairs, aisle decorations, lighting, alcohol, flowers, cuban cigar roller - the list goes on and on. She knows EXACTLY what she is doing and you can really see her experience with planning weddings. She thinks of every detail. She is extremely professional but also has a very fun side of her that makes you stay positive even if things don't pan out to be exactly what you want. She has a great network of vendors whom she has been working with for a long time. I would trust her with any of my friends. I would have paid 3 times the price to have her plan my wedding.

Jenny · Married on 11/07/2015

I HIGHLY recommend using Erica and Maria!!!! In fact, I'M OBSESSED WITH THEM!!!! My wedding was absolutely the wedding of my dreams because of these two and I can't imagine pulling it off without them. Their responsiveness, help with local vendors, smart ideas, and cheerful personality was the positive and supportive assistance that I needed in planning my wedding in Mexico. They helped me organize from day one, and seeing it all come to fruition with them last weekend made my heart warm. I can truly say they are my friends and hope that we can get together when I celebrate my anniversaries. If you are interested in their services, please do not hesitate and I promise you will not regret it. We almost had bad weather conditions that would have been overwhelming to handle without them, but with Erica and Maria by my side the task was manageable. They helped with the brunt of the work while I was able to enjoy time with my friends and family which is what every bride should really be focused on. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your help and you have truly given me a day to remember for the rest of my life!!!! Xoxo Jenny

Kimberly · Married on 11/07/2015

Our November 7th wedding was beyond perfect. Everything from the incredible venue, the beautiful florals, the music and the food! It was beyond what Andrew and I had envisioned for our wedding in Paradise. None of this would have come together without the help of Erica and her incredible drive to bring our wedding dreams to life!

We got married at Grand Coral Beach Club, the ceremony took place on the most beautiful spot on the beach, followed by the cocktail reception - and the endless supply of spicy margaritas and delicious passed apps! The wedding reception was equal parts beautiful and extreme fun! All of our guests, including my conservative grandma, ended up in the pool, dancing and enjoying shots of the best tequila!

Erica, thank you doesn't even begin to express our gratitude for creating the most beautiful and energetic wedding! We wish we could do it all over again!

Kimberly + Andrew

Sarah · Married on 08/08/2015

Erica at Weddings in Playa made our destination wedding a (relatively) stress-free endeavor. We first talked to Erica around a year before our wedding, and it was so wonderful to know that she was there with us and for us at every step along the way. She introduced us to all of the right vendors, always giving us plenty of options rather than pushing any particular vendor -- and ultimately we were thrilled with everyone who she'd recommended. Erica also saved us money at a few steps along the way with some creative solutions, and would always tell me if a selection I'd made could be done cheaper or more efficiently.

Beyond just helping to plan the wedding itself, Erica was like our "friend in Playa" who could help us with lots of other questions we had before coming. She ran around Playa for us asking questions and taking photos of prospective rehearsal dinner venues, etc. -- and even picked up a pinata and birthday party supplies and delivered them to a restaurant where we had a birthday party for my nephew the first night that we arrived. She helped us find babysitters, gave advice about where to change money, and the list just goes on.

We met up with Erica the morning after we arrived to go meet all of the vendors and make last minute changes. She was very flexible and adaptable and reassuring even with a few final changes. A few days later was the wedding day - and Erica was like a symphony conductor, orchestrating all of the vendors and all of the moving parts to create something beautiful. She ensured that everything went off without a hitch. Erica made what could have been a very stressful experience into something fun and manageable - she gets my highest recommendation!

• Y

Yvette · Married on 06/28/2014

We are very fortunate to have had the opportunity of working with Maria and truly recommend Weddings in Playa for planning your destination wedding.

Erica,
    Thank you for all of your hard work in making our special day the most memorable time in our and our friends and families lives. Everything was spectacular from the church ceremony to the reception. And we will never forget the legendary "Bike ride down 5th avenue" with the mariachi backing us up!! Everyone in our party agreed that it was the most fun and awesome wedding they had attended. From the moment Nancy and I met you we new that you were the right person for the job. You helped us with every little detail to insure that everything went the way we wanted. It was an experiance we will not forget. Your attention to detail and work ethic was great and providing us with everything we asked for and more. Thank you to you and your team!! The Best Wedding Planner EVER!!!!
    Nancy y Eddie

• Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2013

Erica and Weddings in Playa did a FABULOUS job planning our wedding. We needed to plan on short notice and with a limited budget. Erica worked with us every step of the way to make sure we got everything we wanted, and still stayed within our budget. She was so helpful with every small detail, and all the vendors she recommended were outstanding. On the big day, all the guests commented on how much work she was doing, and how smoothly everything went under her direction. She is fun, sweet and excellent at her job! I knew trying to plan our destination wedding on our own would be too stressful and difficult, and hiring Erica was by far the best wedding planning decision I made.

Carmen · Married on 05/18/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Maria as a wedding planner. From the first day I contacted her she was very professional, and accessible. Her email responses were quick (within just a couple of hours!), precise and helpful. I had a meeting in Playa with Erica to do a catering tasting almost a year before the wedding, and many long and productive skype phone calls with Maria. Our wedding started small, but the guest list and needs started growing and Maria was very accomodating and helpful. Always glad to work with us and happy!

When we arrived for our wedding, I was surprised of how everybody in Playa knows her. Hola Maria! Hey Maria! we heard as we walked on the streets. She KNOWS what she's doing, who are the best vendors and does a wonderful job working within your budget. She was great with us and our families, even came to see my at my hotel when we had a small problem while getting ready to make sure I was relaxed and prepared. Always smiling and always having something nice and sweet to say.

I've been recommending Weddings in Playa to anyone who asks me. We had a wonderful experience and we will always remember Maria as a big part of our wedding.

THANK YOU Maria!!

Hugs from Carmen and John.

Christine · Married on 11/09/2012

We had the pleasure of working with these amazing women for our November 2012 wedding. We had read about Erica and Maria online, seen some of their beautiful weddings and even suggested Weddings in Playa to a friend in 2011. We knew that we could trust them with our vision of the perfect beach wedding and we were so glad we did!

We worked with Erica, a superwoman of wedding planning! The list of adjectives to describe how amazing she is can go on and on. Extremely organized, connected, respected, reliable, friendly and prompt are just a few. Erica made sure everything was in it's place, remembered all the little details I would have forgotten in the madness and made planning a wedding from another country a breeze. Always in touch with the vendors, always keeping us posted and always coming up with ways to make our process as stress free as possible.

She went beyond what was expected and helped us with our welcome dinner, drove us around for supplies and was always there when we needed her.

We had the pleasure of meeting with Maria as well for our initial site visit and I can assure any of you out there that these two ladies care about their clients, take pride in their work and weddings and will not disappoint you. On top of being great at their job, they are cool to hang out with too :)

Erica hooked us up with caterers for our welcome dinner, the most delicious cupcakes for the wedding, great shops for supplies and decor and recommended the venue, florist, DJ, hair stylist and almost every other vendor we used. And we were 100% happy with all of it.

Don't think twice about working with these wonderful ladies... they will make all your wedding dreams come true and make the planning process so much fun!

sofia · Married on 10/28/2012

Our wedding was quite small (12-15 people) and Erica was very flexible in accommodating our needs. We coordinated via email and skype. The best part was her attitude, as she truly loves her work and enjoys putting together the perfect wedding. I had lots of doubts about things being done on time, who the vendors should be, the colors etc... but she was very calming and understanding; helping me make the right decisions and stay on budget. There is a very positive vibe about her that just makes her a pleasure to work with. My wedding was perfect!!! Highly recommended!

Annie · Married on 10/21/2011

My husband and I were a little aprehensive about planning a wedding in Playa del Carmen so we decided to hire a wedding planner to help us along the way. We did a ton of research and found Maria through positive reviews and blogs on different wedding websites. I'm so glad we ended up using Maria for she was heaven sent. She is extremely reliable, knows all the ins and outs of the business and wedding planning in Mexico. She helped us with everything from negotiating, planning, vendors, ideas, day-of help and much more. I would recommmend Maria to anyone and suggest that you use her!

Thanks Maria!! Love Ian & Annie :)

Tara · Married on 03/23/2011

Everything was great and stress free. Maria at Weddings in Playa made sure everything was taken care of and I was able to relax and enjoy my day with little stress.

Heidi · Married on 02/16/2014

Do you want your wedding to be stress-free, joyful,
    perfect-in-every-way, everything-you-dreamed-of? If so, Maria from
    Weddings In Playa is your girl.

We knew we wanted to have an off-resort wedding in the Riviera Maya,
    but we we're exactly sure how to start. After months of trying to
    plan on my own from thousands of miles away, trying to judge the
    legitimacy of vendors based on their website, and having difficulties
    with language barriers, I decided it was time to enlist the help of a
    professional. I am so happy I chose Maria. She was easy to work
    with, so calm and laid back, very responsive, and attentive to
    details. She recommended vendors and services that were within our
    budget (who were great, and we wouldn't have never found them on our
    own!), and helped us determine what was important to us and what
    wasn't. She made our wedding our very own and executed it flawlessly.
    Looking back, I can't even recall a single glitch or hiccup. I had
    nothing to worry about my entire wedding week, which to me, is
    priceless!

• F

Faizah · Married on 12/10/2015

When I first contacted Weddings in Playa, Maria quickly responded to my email. She answered any questions I had without any commitment which I greatly appreciated! You quickly learn of her experience in the industry. She knows the best vendors in the area and has many connections with professionals in the industry. When I came down to the day, she was on it! I didn't have to worry about anything. She took the best care of me and my family and I truly appreciate the hard work she put into my wedding. She made my vision come to life and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you Maria and thank you to your team!

Erica was a life-saver for our wedding. She helped my husband and I scout some of the venues before we decided on Azul Fives. While our hotel had its own wedding coordinators, I needed someone who represented my best interests, so I hired Erica. She has many years of experience working as a wedding planner in Playa and therefore she has a great network and is very resourceful. She helped with recommending photographers, DJs, and with sourcing decorations, favors and items for our welcome bags. She also served as our day-of-coordinator. We picked Erica in part because she already had experience working with Azul Fives as the day-of-coordinator for a previous wedding. After we decided on Azul Fives, I returned to Mexico three months before the wedding to do a deeper site inspection and Erica met with me and drove me to local shops in the area to look for the items we needed, which saved us a lot of money and the hassle of transporting stuff on the plane. She participated in our coordination meeting with the hotel coordinators, helped order and pick up the local decorations and favors, facilitated our wedding rehearsal and was great at keeping things moving on our wedding day. Last minute, Erica helped figure out how to set up our place card table for the reception so that the cards didn't blow away. She also figured out the best way to handle the sparklers during our reception entrance so that our 100+ guests could all light their sparklers simultaneously. During the whole planning process, Erica responded promptly to all my emails and we chatted via Skype as necessary. She was great. I'm so thankful for Erica and Weddings in Playa.

Stasha · Married on 02/12/2011

It was well worth the cost to have help with all of the wedding planning details. It allowed us to enjoy our wedding celebration & not worry about a thing, except having an awesome time!