WeddingsinPlaya Reviews

36 Reviews for WeddingsinPlaya

• Charles

Charles Richardson · Getting married on 09/08/2021

Excellent!!!

Erica and Paula were absolute gems in this experience! They helped us not only get married, but helped us get all of the necessary paperwork, translations and Embassy legwork done in order to make sure that our marriage was registered and legal on all fronts. Not only that, but they did it in record time, despite COVID restrictions! I would recommend them above any and all others. Thank you both!!!

Sent on 09/03/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thank you very much Richard! it was absolutely our pleasure to be able to help! We wish you all the best and safe trip back to France
  • Edward

Edward Ruiz · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Mr & Mr Wedding Made Easy

My husband and I decided to just get married. Unfortunately our original plans were canceled due to Covid. So we just needed to do it. My husband lives in Cozumel and I live in Los Angeles. I reached out to Weddings in Playa and Erica wasted no time to get our wedding process started. Her team made it really easy and stress free, even though we wanted our wedding to be in 2 weeks. They literally asked us what they exactly needed to get the paper work started. They also worked with our budget which was minimal. They also gave us Covid updates, we wanted a beach ceremony, but the government closed the beaches. Erica and Paula quickly gave us options that were affordable and that still gave us an amazing ceremony that we could be happy with.

Paula was a dream, she met with us prior and eased our minds about this entire process. She gave us the VIP treatment, driving us around town to get our blood work done, find our wedding cake and also making sure every detail was covered.

During our wedding day, the day started off beautiful and then 2 hours before a crazy storm happened. I was stressed but they always say when it rains it means good luck. 30 minutes before it cleared up and then Paula showed up and got everything ready. She officiated our ceremony and we were soo happy.

Overall, their team made our small dream of a wedding become a wedding that we could never thought would happen. Thank you Erica and Paula!!

Sent on 09/02/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thank you very much guys. It was an honor really. I loved when you, Edward, said that you were waiting your whole life to marry Erik! I wish all the couples are so deeply in love as you are (me included lol)
  • Mamu

Mamu J · Married on 07/04/2020

The best Planners in Quintana Roo

We found Maria over 10 years ago and we wanted to have a renewal ceremony this year. She was amazing as ever, kind and even more skilled and fun to work with! thanks Mari! Mamu and Jay

Sent on 05/19/2019

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks so much Mamu & J!! it was fun 10 yrs ago and was a lot of fun this year. Wating for you in 10 yrs for the next renewal, ahaha!! love you dearly, Maria
  • Caty

Caty Castor · Married on 01/18/2020

Absolutely amazing! Best wedding planner EVER!!!

We love Erica! She made the entire wedding process easy and enjoyable. Planning a destination wedding can be stressful but Erica is an absolute expert on the area and made everything simple.

Sent on 03/06/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks Mrs Castor, it was really my pleasure. I really enjoyed your wedding and loved the ceremony! It was really fun and emotional

Daniel Dilio · Married on 12/13/2019

Amazing so happy

Maria made everything so easy, I was worried when I tried to organize my wedding from Canada but Maria made me feel comfortable through her professionalism and kindness and at the wedding she was one of the family.

Sent on 12/15/2019

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks Dan!! you and your families are really amazing ! I wish you all an incredible life of health, adventure and love. See you soon !
  • Gail

Gail Mclachlan Bordeniuk · Married on 12/12/2019

Delightful to work with

Maria was a delight to work with, a total professional. She did her best to provide us with everything we asked for. We all enjoyed her company so much she helped to celebrate the wedding with us and my birthday, she was part of the family!

Sent on 01/21/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Gail, thanks for your kind words! it was an immense pleasure to help Kira in her wedding and to meet you and the wonderful family you have!!! The cenote wedding was full of beauty and I gained new friends!! Thanks for everything and when you come back to Playa you know you have a friend. Blessings to the newlyweds!!!
  • Shelby

Shelby Hodges · Married on 06/10/2019

Great Experience!

Maria at WeddingsInPlaya was wonderful for our small, intimate wedding! As someone who’s been visiting Playa del Carmen since I was a kid, I had a lot of things already figured out before working with her, but she helped fill in all the other details. Her team made everything super easy on the day of and I was never stressed during the entire planning process. She was very organized, communicative and fun. I would definitely recommend Maria!

Sent on 06/23/2019

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thank You Shelby!! you are the easiest bride on the planet and possibly the galaxy. Your group was amazing and super laid back!! congratulations and have an amazing life!

Adi Dinu · Married on 06/05/2019

Wedding experience was great

Maria was so kind and always prompt and courteous we really appreciate her service and always recommend her in future

Sent on 06/25/2019

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks Patriesha and Adrian!! you will be missed, acturally i think we'll go to Romania this summer so get ready for a grappa with us! see you soon!!!
  • Heather

Heather Lynn Mauzy · Married on 06/02/2019

María is fantastic!

I found Maria and WeddingsinPlaya on WeddingWire. I chose to work with Maria because of her responsiveness, network of vendors and willingness to help. Maria was very patient and answered all of my questions throughout the process. The wedding itself was fantastic. I didn’t have to worry about a thing- even when the JP showed up 40 minutes late- María had it all under control. She made sure the guests were happy and had drinks in hand. She truly understood my vision for the wedding, even when I gave her a suitcase of decorations to put together. Everything was truly beautiful. Thank you Maria!

Sent on 06/15/2019

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Heather & Marco, i loved your wedding!! it was so multicultural and we had music from every country!! thanks for the great review and I look forward to see you and Marco soon! enjoy LIFE...
    Maria
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Rosen · Married on 04/05/2019

Maria Makes Wedding Magic

We're a NYC based couple and we struggled for 10 months to make any headway with our hotel/venue in Holbox. They wouldn't take our money, give us a final quote and would ignore our requests for weeks and sometimes for months. That's when we hired Maria to be our person on the ground. It was the best decision we made hands down. Within a few weeks, she was able to get answers from the hotel, negotiate and lock in a contract. She was also professional, funny, creative, innovative, hard-working, collaborative and was able to translate our vision into a reality and close to our budget. We got so close with her she even made it into our wedding album! We highly recommend you hire her for your wedding!

Sent on 08/10/2020

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Dear Jon! We had such a 2 days in Holbox!! What a super event! Thanks for your kindness and your vision of beauty: you helped me organize an amazing event that all will treasure for a long time!

Kelly Coker · Married on 11/15/2018

Highly Recommended

I live in the US and my husband lives in Playa. Trying to plan to be married in another country was hard so I reached out to WeddingsInPlaya. Maria responded right away & was nothing short of amazing the entire experience. She works with you to get everything done and makes you feel important & valued! I wouldn’t recommend anyone else! She’s amazing!

Sent on 11/15/2018

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks Kelly and Andres, now go on a honeymoon, you got married yesterday!! i was elated to be with you and assist in all your needs. I love you guys, enjoy your LIVES together!!

Candida · Married on 04/14/2018

We found Maria while researching wedding venues in Playa Del Carmen. After our initial Skype call with her, we knew we wanted to work with her. She was so warm, genuine, knowledgeable and friendly that we didn’t bother looking for other planners. She recommended our venue and most of our vendors, that all just ended up being perfect! We visited Playa a few months before the wedding and Maria was just wonderful. She took us around for the entire 2 days, Introduced us to all the vendors, and showed us some cool places to hold our week-of events. We loved our time with her and were confident we picked the best! She was always available for Skype calls, and very quick to answer texts or emails. Great communication, and so sweet! The week of the wedding, we have 4-5 events planned and she coordinated them all, was at every one, and made sure each one was a success. The wedding was just amazing, each detail perfect and we cannot thank you enough Maria! Even our guest remarked at how great she was! Work with her, you will not be disappointed!! You’re amazing Maria - thank you!! Love you, and we will see you when we are back In Mexico or in Italy!!

Sent on 04/18/2018

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

THANKS Candie and Ben, you are 2 unique and wonderful people and i was blessed to be a part of your BIG day (actually week!!) .
    I bless you and hope to see both of you soon!! thanks again, i really appreciate!

Kesha · Married on 02/10/2018

When we decided that we were having our wedding in the Playa del Carmen area, I was determined to do all of the work myself. But I quickly found myself very overwhelmed and lost. It didn't even occur to me to hire a wedding planner. I happened to be talking to a girl at work that I barely even knew and found that her brother and sister-in-law had used Maria for their PDC wedding. I immediately emailed her and set up a Skype appointment with her almost 2 years prior to our wedding date. When we spoke with her, she was so warm and friendly and calming. What really sold me was after describing to her what we were looking for, the first place she suggested was the one of the places that we were thinking about. My husbands parents had lived in Paamul(12 miles S of PDC) for several years and we had always said that if we did get married it would be there. Since they had sold their place and moved back to the states, we weren't 100% positive that we would still do it there. But it seemed like fate when she suggested Paamul, it just was meant to be that we were to get married there and Maria was the person that was supposed to make that happen.

Maria made my every wish come true! She respected all of my wishes and could see my exact vision in my head. She has amazing contacts and was able to facilitate my relationship with the vendors. There is not one single thing that I would change about our day except to make it last longer. I not only had the wedding of my dreams to share with the people most special to me, I gained an amazing friend out of it. Much love Maria!!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Kesha and Kevin, i also have gained 2 new friends! i am so happy that all went incredibly well and your memories are amazing. I await you both in Playa for new adventures.....

Michelle · Married on 04/29/2017

We worked with Maria and couldn't have asked for a better match! I am an event planner experienced in all kinds of event and with a Master in Hospitality. BUT, I also had a very specific idea of how we wanted our wedding to be. Maria not only heard us during the initial stage of planning it but she understood ALL that we wanted! Working with her was easy, we love her energy, love and passion for what she does. It was stress free and on the day of our wedding she was OUTSTANDING. I highly recommend working with her team if planning your event in this area. I have no words to describe how happy we were with everything!

Sent on 05/02/2017

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks so much Michelle!! It was such en elegant wedding and you were amazingly beautiful .... compliment to the amazing chef!

Justin · Married on 04/08/2017

This review is long overdue. Maria was so amazing and we had the wedding of our dreams. Not only will you be taken care of every last detail will be attended to. We had our wedding at a different place (Blue Venado) then where our guest were staying but this was not a problem at all. We still have guest talking about how unique and perfectly planned everything was during our ceremony and reception. We didn't have to go to anyone for outside help since they helped us with everything from start to finish. We can't thank you enough. If you want the wedding of your dreams and people who really care choose Maria and Weddings in Playa.

Sent on 07/29/2017

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thanks guysª !! the whole process has been so easy and fun with you 2: your presence, your approach, your way to see life is so amazing that I followed EASILY your instructions right to the A: thank You both to trust and love what I do!

Skyler · Married on 09/17/2016

It was last minute when we decided on our destination wedding and it was the BEST decision. It was made possible by Erica with WeddingsinPlaya! She was so accommodating from the first email (I live in Texas, so all correspondence was done online,) but she made me feel as if I was the only client with the response time and how I was able to choose from the wedding package what services I wanted. For example, my mother who is a Justice of the Peace, was able to perform my ceremony and it saved me some $$! The hotel I was staying at said this was an impossible request with their wedding package. The beach was tourist free during our ceremony, the weather was perfect, the ceremony/reception setup was exactly what one would imagine; white, turquoise water, flowing decorations, beautiful flowers, tasty champagne, beautiful cake, perfect pictures, prompt pickup and drop off from our hotel, the works! This was definitely a STRESS-FREE wedding and one we will always look back on and wish we could relive over and over. Thank you WeddingsinPlaya for making this possible!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Allison · Married on 05/16/2016

Erica was our wedding coordinator and we cannot rave enough about her services. She is an angel for putting up with my extreme perfectionism and went above and beyond to make my wedding dreams come true. Despite excelling at her craft she is a wonderful person :) She went beyond her expected duties and helped us with two other dinners we had planned for the weekend! You would be a fool not to use her.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Nancy · Married on 04/23/2016

I got married in Playa Del Carmen at the Grand Coral Beach Club in April of 2016. I initially reached out to Weddings in Playa and was introduced to Maria. Maria is hands down the BEST. She dealt with all of my daily emails for nearly a year and made my wedding a dream come true. By the end, I could not be happier with having her as my wedding planner. I had nearly dozens of my guests come up to me during and after the wedding commenting on how amazing and on-point my planner was - and that she was! Maria was available for me to chat day or night. I skyped with her dozens of times. She was very patient with me as I was making every decision. She made sure to go above and beyond to get everything I needed from the venue, hotel, food, DJ, chairs, aisle decorations, lighting, alcohol, flowers, cuban cigar roller - the list goes on and on. She knows EXACTLY what she is doing and you can really see her experience with planning weddings. She thinks of every detail. She is extremely professional but also has a very fun side of her that makes you stay positive even if things don't pan out to be exactly what you want. She has a great network of vendors whom she has been working with for a long time. I would trust her with any of my friends. I would have paid 3 times the price to have her plan my wedding.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Jenny · Married on 11/07/2015

I HIGHLY recommend using Erica and Maria!!!! In fact, I'M OBSESSED WITH THEM!!!! My wedding was absolutely the wedding of my dreams because of these two and I can't imagine pulling it off without them. Their responsiveness, help with local vendors, smart ideas, and cheerful personality was the positive and supportive assistance that I needed in planning my wedding in Mexico. They helped me organize from day one, and seeing it all come to fruition with them last weekend made my heart warm. I can truly say they are my friends and hope that we can get together when I celebrate my anniversaries. If you are interested in their services, please do not hesitate and I promise you will not regret it. We almost had bad weather conditions that would have been overwhelming to handle without them, but with Erica and Maria by my side the task was manageable. They helped with the brunt of the work while I was able to enjoy time with my friends and family which is what every bride should really be focused on. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your help and you have truly given me a day to remember for the rest of my life!!!! Xoxo Jenny

Sent on 11/11/2015

Kimberly · Married on 11/07/2015

Our November 7th wedding was beyond perfect. Everything from the incredible venue, the beautiful florals, the music and the food! It was beyond what Andrew and I had envisioned for our wedding in Paradise. None of this would have come together without the help of Erica and her incredible drive to bring our wedding dreams to life!

We got married at Grand Coral Beach Club, the ceremony took place on the most beautiful spot on the beach, followed by the cocktail reception - and the endless supply of spicy margaritas and delicious passed apps! The wedding reception was equal parts beautiful and extreme fun! All of our guests, including my conservative grandma, ended up in the pool, dancing and enjoying shots of the best tequila!

Erica, thank you doesn't even begin to express our gratitude for creating the most beautiful and energetic wedding! We wish we could do it all over again!

Kimberly + Andrew

Sent on 11/23/2015

Sarah · Married on 08/08/2015

Erica at Weddings in Playa made our destination wedding a (relatively) stress-free endeavor. We first talked to Erica around a year before our wedding, and it was so wonderful to know that she was there with us and for us at every step along the way. She introduced us to all of the right vendors, always giving us plenty of options rather than pushing any particular vendor -- and ultimately we were thrilled with everyone who she'd recommended. Erica also saved us money at a few steps along the way with some creative solutions, and would always tell me if a selection I'd made could be done cheaper or more efficiently.

Beyond just helping to plan the wedding itself, Erica was like our "friend in Playa" who could help us with lots of other questions we had before coming. She ran around Playa for us asking questions and taking photos of prospective rehearsal dinner venues, etc. -- and even picked up a pinata and birthday party supplies and delivered them to a restaurant where we had a birthday party for my nephew the first night that we arrived. She helped us find babysitters, gave advice about where to change money, and the list just goes on.

We met up with Erica the morning after we arrived to go meet all of the vendors and make last minute changes. She was very flexible and adaptable and reassuring even with a few final changes. A few days later was the wedding day - and Erica was like a symphony conductor, orchestrating all of the vendors and all of the moving parts to create something beautiful. She ensured that everything went off without a hitch. Erica made what could have been a very stressful experience into something fun and manageable - she gets my highest recommendation!

Sent on 08/13/2015
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 06/28/2014

We are very fortunate to have had the opportunity of working with Maria and truly recommend Weddings in Playa for planning your destination wedding.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Erica,
    Thank you for all of your hard work in making our special day the most memorable time in our and our friends and families lives. Everything was spectacular from the church ceremony to the reception. And we will never forget the legendary "Bike ride down 5th avenue" with the mariachi backing us up!! Everyone in our party agreed that it was the most fun and awesome wedding they had attended. From the moment Nancy and I met you we new that you were the right person for the job. You helped us with every little detail to insure that everything went the way we wanted. It was an experiance we will not forget. Your attention to detail and work ethic was great and providing us with everything we asked for and more. Thank you to you and your team!! The Best Wedding Planner EVER!!!!
    Nancy y Eddie

Sent on 06/03/2014
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2013

Erica and Weddings in Playa did a FABULOUS job planning our wedding. We needed to plan on short notice and with a limited budget. Erica worked with us every step of the way to make sure we got everything we wanted, and still stayed within our budget. She was so helpful with every small detail, and all the vendors she recommended were outstanding. On the big day, all the guests commented on how much work she was doing, and how smoothly everything went under her direction. She is fun, sweet and excellent at her job! I knew trying to plan our destination wedding on our own would be too stressful and difficult, and hiring Erica was by far the best wedding planning decision I made.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Jenny & Jason · Married on 05/25/2013

Hire them!

I've used Erica and her team twice, once for our original wedding, and second for a more casual vow renewal on a return trip for fun. Both experiences were top notch. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/23/2019

WeddingsinPlaya's reply:

Thank you my dear! It was our pleasure to be there for you twice and seeing how much you love each others!