Weddings Romantique Reviews

Weddings Romantique 1
Weddings Romantique 2
Weddings Romantique 3

Brittney · Married on 07/06/2018

It has been a little over a week since our dream wedding at the Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall in Jamaica. We have been working with Suha Pressey from Weddings Romantique since last August. I found her through a referral and working with her was the best wedding decision we made. I work 40+ hours as a consultant and I knew from the beginning that we needed help planning. I had a vision for a boho chic wedding on the beach but was overwhelmed with the hundreds of options across multiple countries. From start to finish she has helped with everything. Suha helped us quickly problem solve when our original venue didn't work out during the site visit. Her quick action and experience led us to the perfect resort that fit every want and need. Her ability to take our conversations and turn them into a working vision board made it easy for vendors to follow. From wedding decorations on etsy to bridesmaids dresses. She listened intently and provided options that not only fit my budget but added elegance that fit our style to the design. Her wealth of experience sets her apart. She doesn't have just a plan B but C and D as well. This especially came in handy when we ran into some hiccups with the linen distributor 2 weeks before the wedding. Before I even checked my email she had plan B ready to go and even helped us save some money. I'm truly grateful for her financial mind. She worked with us to find alternatives & followed up with the resort on every detail. Her creative vision made our wedding truly dreamy. All of our guests were blown away and some say it was the best vacation they ever had. This is a direct testament to Suha's hard work and loving dedication to her brides. She is a décor genius, organized, gives great relationship advice, and will calm you down when you are on the verge of a bridal breakdown. I am truly grateful for everything she has done and feel I have gained a long time friend. If you are looking for Caribbean/Mexico wedding planner, Suha is the best.

Weddings Romantique 4
    Weddings Romantique 5
    Weddings Romantique 6
    Sent on 07/16/2018

Alexis · Married on 11/11/2017

Planning a destination wedding? BOOK.SUHA.ASAP! Seriously. I could not do this without her! She is worth every penny!

We are planning a destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas, and we are 3 months out now! Suha assists and takes on anything and everything you could imagine. She has been there with me from the start; creating a budget, picking the location, choosing a resort, save the dates, invitations, creating our website, handling all hotel accommodations for us and our guest, all vendor coordination, and the many changes I've made to the design. If you have an idea, she can make it happen. Any time I give her even a hint of what I may like, she will track down the details and make it perfect. She is extremely professional, organized, and prompt. You will receive the most amazing follow up emails with tons of details, constant updates to any design changes, and budget updates. If I have a question, it is answered within an hour or so. If a guest has a question, she answers it for me, but I am always in the loop being CC'ed on the message.

I just did my site visit down in Cabo, and even the vendors were constantly complimenting her organization and direction to help them create the perfect day for us. Each vendor arrived with specific paperwork and photos from Suha of what we had planned. It was a huge help to have the visuals that day and allowed everyone to be on the same page.

Sent on 08/04/2017

Weddings Romantique's reply:

Thank you Alexis for your kind words. It is a honor and privilege to be part of your Caribbean & Mexico Destination Wedding Planning Process!

Nadine · Married on 08/26/2017

Finding Weddings Romantique and working with Suha for a year and a half to plan our destination wedding was the BEST decision we could have ever made for our special day. Suha immediately went to work after our 1st phone call (before the first stage of planning was even paid for), asking questions to get to know us and guide us in the right direction (we had zero idea what we wanted at that point). She was beyond helpful; I received emails with a ton of info based on our conversation right away. From that point on, Suha took charge on what she is genuinely gifted at; custom planning a wedding to fit the bride & groom’s needs & preferences. Her patience and meticulous work, coupled with her background as a financial advisor, allowed her to carefully explain everything, make sure it’s carried out to a T, and keep us within our budget. Her rate is astounding for everything she does. Hours of conversations, dozens of emails, several design concept modifications to get it just right, and a truly unforgettable wedding was carried out (not my biased opinion, just ask our guests!) She is so well acquainted with the hotels she works with, that her clients are given the elite treatment by default. Guidelines with pictures & descriptions she provided the hotel staff and vendors were hard to misunderstand because of how detailed they were. Being the liaison between us and the hotel/vendors was HUGE! She negotiated on our behalf until we were happy, and made sure we met deadlines. She is so knowledgeable about everything to do with weddings, that you can ask her anything – she even found my wedding dress! I feel like Suha became more than our wedding planner, she became a friend. She is a décor genius with elegant taste, and very professional. Most importantly, she is SO passionate about what she does, and it’s evidenced by her work. If you’re planning a Caribbean or Mexican destination wedding, do NOT hesitate and call Suha now! I promise you won’t regret it

Sent on 12/05/2017

Shalonda · Married on 06/10/2017

Suha Pressey at Weddings Romantique is simply amazing! My husband and I are still smiling about our wedding at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. It was a complete success and a dream come true because of Suha’s hard work and dedication. It’s not everyone day that you connect with someone who really gets your vision and takes the time to perfect every detail for your wedding day. Suha’s expertise was impressive after just one conversation. She really listens and understands her clients. But above all else, she is genuinely a good person with a great heart. It is not about money. She just loves working to help others have the wedding they desire and she puts her all into it. Her work speaks for itself. She assisted us with every step of planning from choosing a fabulous resort, choosing save-the-dates that went with our destination, scheduling an onsite visit at the resort, our time at the resort and the actual welcome party and wedding day. If I had any issues or concerns, she was always available. When I called her a thousand times, she never once made me feel like I was a bother. Instead, she was understanding and helped me calm my nerves and remain sane. She truly is an advocate for her clients. She will represent you and your vision and communicate directly with the resort and all vendors to be sure that your special day is perfect! What I like most is that she really listens to you to learn what YOU would like instead of imposing her vision on you like many other planners. You tell her what you are thinking and she uses her expertise to make it magical. Hiring Suha was one of the best decisions we ever made! She kept us on a timeline and helped us plan the perfect wedding despite our very busy schedules. We are extremely grateful for her knowledge, passion, communication skills, honesty, patience and vision. She is more than a wedding planner, she is a friend! Our wedding was the BEST DAY OF OUR LIVES! I would recommend her a thou

Sent on 07/03/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 01/21/2017

If you are planning a wedding, the first thing I would do would be to contact Suha. I never give reviews, and I just cannot say enough about how amazing she is. I just returned yesterday from my destination wedding at Moon Palace in Cancun, and thanks to Suha it was perfect! I am barely unpacked, but I had to write this review because I've been thinking about her all week and how special she truly is. Every single decision or piece of advice that she gave me was 100% perfect. She is honest, responsive, and someone you can trust to make your day truly perfect. I had never been to the resort where I planned my wedding of about 50 people, and during my initial conversation I explained what I was looking for and she could not have guided me to a better place. She explained all of the resorts, and which would be the best for me based on group size, incentives, amenities, etc. She sent me tons of pictures and information, and literally knew the answer to any question that I ever had. She answered the phone any time I called or responded to me within the hour. I am extremely picky and very controlling, and every decision that I trusted Suha on, turned out better than I could have imagined.

I could go on and on, but if it were not for Suha I KNOW my wedding would not have been nearly as perfect!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2016

It has been approximately a month since our Destination Wedding at Moon Palace Jamaica, and our Friends & Family are still raving about what an AMAZING time they had!!!! I have to begin by Thanking Suha for holding our hand throughout the journey of planning this wedding, it would have been completely impossible to do independently. Her Expertise, Generosity, Positive Reinforcement, Professionalism, Kindness, Thoughtfulness, Humility, and certainly that Bubbly Personality that infects you after every conversation; assisted us every step of the way. Very few see all the work that goes into making your wedding day marvelous, and Suha made it just that!!!! From our venue, to the save the dates, wedding website, vendors, invitations, programs, she offered us so much knowledge and support. For a Bride, it is so beautiful to start out with having an idea of what you want, tweaking the ideas along the way, and then experiencing the entire event unfolding before your eyes, just as you had imagined. We know for certain, Weddings Romantique was the BEST DECISION WE MADE IN PLANNING OUR SPECIAL DAY!!

Gardy & Ashley Laneau

Sent on 11/03/2016

Kristy · Married on 05/29/2016

Suha did an amazing job. She was well worth the expense. She was very helpful and was a much needed middle person between myself and the resort.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Andrew · Married on 06/12/2015

Having Suha as our wedding planner was hands down the best decision my husband and I ever made when it came to planning my Persian American destination wedding. I wanted to plan a destination wedding that was drama free, relaxing and fun for everyone else. There was no way due to the size and high expectations of my family we would be able to plan the wedding of our dreams and be relaxed and sane with out Suha Pressey. She always went above and beyond to makes sure every aspect of the wedding was well planned and ready to be executed.  There was no way we could plan a wedding on our own and I did not want to put the burden on my parents. That's where Suha came in and did her magic. She was there for us every step of the way. Anytime I needed to call her she was there. Without Suha there would not have been a spectacular wedding that both my husband and I would look back on and say it was perfect. Instead it would have been a wedding that we always would have known could have been more or better. Even our guests were saying that our wedding was the best wedding the had ever attended.

In addition Suha always kept us on schedule. The wedding planning was done 3 weeks before the big day. Because of her we found the perfect venue for ourselves and our guests and recommended the vendors (including our onsite wedding coordinator and designer who were fantastic). She helped me coordinate colors that would be appealing to the eye and in the photos. When it came to weather and unknowns Suha helped us become aware about the climate related nuisances we did not know much about. (i.e. sunset, rainy seasons) She gave us ideas for gift giveaways for our guests that was unique and cost effective for transport to our destination. Suha even helped my husband figure out where to have our honeymoon. It was beautiful. I don't know what I would have done without Suha.

If you are looking for a destination wedding planner look no where else. It's Suha Pressey.

Sent on 03/24/2016

monica · Married on 11/26/2011

This review is LONG over due. Suha is beyond amazing at what she does!
    We had our dream destination wedding in Cancun (2011) thanks to her. She went over & beyond!
    Never in a million years did I ever think that we would the perfect wedding w/ horse and carriage & a gazebo (on water) plus so much more.
    She found us the most beautiful spot and made sure EVERYTHING was perfect!
    God Bless you Suha! We will never forget you!!
    Monica & Raul Navarro

Sent on 10/13/2017

Anna · Married on 10/08/2010

Suha is an experienced, patient, versatile, kind and efficient wedding planner. She is always there to guide you to make the best decision for YOUR wedding. I highly recommend her service to anyone. I feel very fortunate having her as my planner.

Sent on 10/14/2010
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/18/2010

I could not be more happy with my decision to work with Suha for planning our destination wedding. My mother and I struggled for 2 months trying to contact resorts and gather the information we needed just to choose a location!!! I was beginnning to think it was hopeless! Then we began working with Suha and everything changed. We had a location in less than a week that fit all of our wants and needs. She had a budget and a plan for us. Everything started to turn around. My mother and I frequently say, "Thank goodness for Suha!" We wanted to get married in less than 5 months and she has done it and done it with grace and ease. My fiance and I both work full time and it is so difficult to contact the people you need to work with on nights and weekends. We were spinning until we started working with Suha. If you are reading this, you are thinking about working with Suha. Don't think any longer. Just do it. I wish someone had told me the same thing. It is worth every penny!!! I just wish i found her earlier! She will make your life so much easier. The wedding will soon become fun to plan and you will enjoy all of your phone calls and emails with Suha. She is always upbeat and always has your back. It was the best and easiest decision i've made besides saying yes to my soon to be husband!

Sent on 09/30/2010

liberty · Married on 05/28/2010

You went above and beyond all my expectations of what the process should be like and I can’t thank you enough, You did an awesome job on my wedding website, it looks great and the pictures are beautiful I love it; I go to it all the time!

I am so thankful I have the opportunity to work with someone who is so well educated in this field and knows exactly how to make everything perfect, you are truly gifted and have a passion for what you do and it shows in your work, thank you for making this the best experience I could ever imagine

Thanks again! Mikki

Sent on 09/30/2010

Lindsay · Married on 03/27/2015

My overall experience with Suha, the owner of Weddings Romantique, was a 4. I used Suha's services for a small (< 20 people) upscale customized destination wedding in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The highlights of my experience were as follows:

-Suha is very knowledgeable with the locale and the various resorts and knows some excellent outside vendors that can upgrade your wedding design.
    -Her knowledge and experience with all of the background details that go into designing and executing a wedding are invaluable.
    -She took a lot of the headache out of having to communicate with points of contact in another country.
    -It was clear that the resorts and vendors that do business with her respect her, which also made things easier.
    -She also has a wonderful personality and is very quick to respond on anything and everything that was brought to her attention.
    -It was clear to me that she loves her job, which comes through in her positive, can-do attitude.

Based on my experience with Weddings Romantique, I would recommend Suha's services as a valuable investment in your wedding budget.

Sent on 04/12/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/31/2014

2.2

FORGOT OUR RINGS!!
    Pros: Made phone calls, found Beach Palace, found Blossom Events, got us a free ice sculpture (after I had to push her to negotiate it for us)
    Cons: HORRIBLE attention to DETAIL! Backup plans were to begin at 10 am...BLATANTLY raining at 930..plan that we discussed that Monday was not carried through AT ALL! Got a call at 1 pm and not only had NO ONE started the back up plan, but planner was telling me she wasn’t going to set up in the areas we had ALREADY discussed Monday. After losing it..Literally losing it (I had a nervous breakdown and broke out in hives the day of my wedding!!)..finally began back up plan as discussed that Monday and a billion times before that..began setup at 2 pm..4 hours late...Ceremony starts, bridal party walks down aisle, then nothing..awkward 5 minute pause between the wedding party walking down the aisle and me walking down aisle. Didn't CALL room to get me to come downstairs WAY BEFORE the END of bridal party! Took SLOW elevator to come and get me in PERSON!..after I said a MILLION times to call! Didn’t follow instruction..Also, Beach Palace employee was holding door open to Sports Lounge during vows so Alanis Morrisette’s “You Oughta Know” was blaring into the ceremony space while she did nothing!! Also asked her RIGHT before we left downstairs to the ceremony if she had the wedding rings and she said, "Yes, the florist has the rings"..time came for the priest to bless the rings and NOBODY HAD THEM!!! My sister gave me her fake ring from CLAIRE'S and my cousin's husband gave my fiancé his wedding band!! We literally had to stop the ceremony so the priest could ask the audience for some rings!! Guests from next door wedding were drinking champagne off of our welcome tables..she did nothing..Dinner ran 1.5 hrs when it was supposed to be 30mins. so we had to rush through cutting cakes, garter toss etc. and also had to purchase extra time with DJ since dancing was cut short..many other things..have no room to list..

Sent on 07/06/2014

Weddings Romantique's reply:

The events of the wedding day were indeed unfortunate with many contributing factors we regret that this has occurred and upset the bride. We could go into details on all the points the bride has mentioned but we will not as they are a result of a great number of failures during the time leading up to and during the event that were initiated by things beyond anyone’s control, starting with the weather. It should also be mentioned that there were many obstacles overcome and vendors stepping up, we have a very close and good working relationship with these vendors and any successes are due to that as these vendors will attest to. In addition the extra cost we have to pay for to insure everything was done on time that the wedding couple did not pay for due the weather and rain storm.
    Our services was only providing day of services to make sure goes well all which includes that the event design is executed to plan, all thing get setup and facilitate the ceremony, and the transition of events up to and including the start of the reception. Our services generally are considered completed when all the vendors complete their work, we are not responsible for how the wedding party perform their duties that is the responsibility of the wedding couple to communicate to their bridal party.
    It is very important for those planning a destination wedding to remember that there are many issues and contingencies that might occur, especially with outdoor venues. Listen to the advice of the professionals when it comes to planning for contingencies and recommendations to timelines to ensure flexibility. It is also important to understand the roles and responsibilities of all of the entities providing services before and during the event. If these are not understood then false expectations are set and generally not met.