Weddings Riviera Maya Reviews

Weddings Riviera Maya 5
Weddings Riviera Maya 6
Weddings Riviera Maya 7

Michele · Married on 04/13/2013

Luisa and her wonderful team at Weddings Riviera Maya were great to work with -- creative, responsive, supportive and fun! We literally could not have planned and executed our wedding without them!!! Luisa has fantastic contacts in the Riviera Maya and was able to understand my vision for our wedding from day one (and the changes to that vision that followed! :)) and recommend venues and vendors that would bring it to life. From the actual wedding ceremony in Capilla de Nuestra Senora del Carmen and reception at the Kool Beach Club to Friday night welcome drinks and our rehearsal dinner, she was able to recommend it all. She works with only the best vendors in the Riviera Maya it seems, but not only the best in my opinion, but also the most reasonable -- we got great value for our money. Being a bride who didn't visit before the wedding, all was exactly as I'd requested it... our cake was DELICIOUS, bridesmaids' flowers even better than pictured, table decor amazing, etc. And even when our original venue was hit with a fire two weeks before our wedding date, Luisa was able to use her contacts to get us a new venue, one that I ended up liking even more than the original! Whew! When it came to the actual wedding day, I was able to turn it all over to her and her team and didn't have to worry about anything. One word of advice, if you work with Luisa, be very clear on what you are looking for -- she is very creative and has great ideas, but ultimately she wants to execute and will execute exactly what you want. So use lots and lots of pictures, the closer they are to your exact vision, the better. If interested, check out our wedding pictures here: http://delsolphotography.com/wedding-playa-del-carmen-mt-05282013/. Thanks Luisa!!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Alessandra · Married on 01/06/2013

Luisa ha organizzato tutto il mio matrimonio, è stata fantastica e grazie a lei ho vissuto il giorno più bello della mia vita.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Karla · Married on 11/11/2016

Loved working with Gelena! She was amazing! Flexible, professional, and very accommodating. We had a beautiful ceremony. I would recommend them to anyone! :)

Sent on 12/13/2016

Weddings Riviera Maya's reply:

Thank you very much so your trust ! You are such amazing couple , i wish you all the happiness !
    With love,
    Gelena

Angela · Married on 12/23/2013

Weddings Riviera Maya were always there for consultation whenever necessary and very flexible with requests. There could have been better communications in terms of suggesting for more suitable accomodations for guests and the wedding party and organization for the scheduling of the wedding reception. The quality of the food was excellent, however, the food was taken away too fast as guests did not have a chance to go for second servings.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Kristen · Married on 06/02/2016

3.5

We would highly recommend Weddings Riviera when planning a wedding in Mexico's Maya Riviera. We had Sabrina assigned to us as a wedding planner. She was very responsive and always returned emails within a couple hours. She also made phone calls to make sure she had a good understanding of what we wanted and a final phone call to tie up any loose ends. She arranged for a beautiful Mayan wedding for us, and was able to communicate the pieces of our own traditions that we wanted incorporated into the ceremony. I had a last minute flower change that she was able to take care of for me also. She was flexible in letting me book the aspects of things I wanted to book, and taking care of the details I didn't want to take care of. She had inside knowledge about the best place to eat dinner as well. At the wedding it was comforting to know that a good English speaker would be at the ceremony, and we were excited to finally meet her. Throughout the process she held my hand and reassured me and made it so that no question was a dumb question. I would trust her again with planning an important event for me in a country I don't reside and a language I don't speak!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Hi Kristen & Jason,
    you are amazing!!! It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you so much for your words, for trusting us and to let us be part of your special day :) You will be forever in our heart and memories. Lots of love Sabrina

Veronica · Married on 11/14/2015

Weddings Riviera Maya, Excellent team thank you very much for your help and support, despite the weather and rain the ceremony and party were fantastic everybody had a great time!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Staci · Married on 10/26/2013

4.2
      3.0

Luisa and her team were great to work with. Our wedding day unfortunately had rain but with their flexibility and positive attitude, we were able to make a rainy day into an unforgettable amazing day. I would definitely recommend working with her.

Sent on 12/14/2013

Maria · Married on 11/30/2015

Good contact and good help with the planning. Recommend them warmly .

Sent on 12/20/2015

Tara · Married on 02/25/2016

2.8
      3.0

We chose to work with WRM w. 10 mos. until our big day. They had amazing reviews & received a quick response from Luisa detailing her experience. There is not a single bad comment about them so I was VERY surprised when our experience w. them was so different then what I had read.
    Phone calls & emails are not really unlimited. On avg. it would take up to a week for an email to be answered & not everything would be answered in the response. It could take up to a month to schedule 1 phone call. Luisa was always on vacation or busy w. other weddings. When I would speak to her she seemed busy, unorganized & would complain about other brides to me.
    Budget: I ended up having to calculate costs myself & never knew the final cost until less then a week before the wedding because of all the costs she “forgot” to tell me about. The Biggest let down was as I was boarding my flight to Mexico for the wedding, I received an email from Luisa stating she forgot to get money from me for the DJ & if I can send her the money asap. That is not something a bride wants to hear right before getting on a plane because the wedding coordinator was unorganized.
    Week leading up to wedding I thought I would have her undivided attention as it is my wedding and there were so many details left undone. But she was still too busy. Day of the wedding she came by the room said hi then went to help w. setup & I never saw her again. She didn't check if I needed anything during the reception or check on the itinerary. You can tell when someone loves their job and when someone is just going through the motions.
    At the end of the day we had a beautiful wedding that I loved. WRM did a descent job. I would just recommend weighing the pros & cons before spending 2K plus using their services and not receiving the level of service they promised to provide. I felt more stressed going through them at times. This may be a case where they are taking on more weddings then they can handle

Sent on 07/24/2016

2.0

I was very surprised after working with Luisa and Sabrina that they were so highly rated on this site. Their high rating was what originally made me want to work with them. I want to share my experience with you all, so it will empower each of you to investigate working with other vendors prior to working with them. I WOULD NOT recommend them for anyone looking for a decent planner.

In short, I found them to be very unprofessional throughout the wedding planning experience. In fact, working with them, made things even more stressful than if I would have done it on my own. The reason I wanted to have a wedding planner was to take the stress off of me since I have a full time job that keeps me very busy. I found myself constantly having to lead the charge with wedding planning initiatives.

Another thing that bothered me the most, was that never once did Luisa or Sabrina provide us with a receipt of the costs that they were charging us. In fact, she told me that if I wanted to have a receipt that I would have to pay an additional, extraordinary cost to obtain the receipt. Therefore, upon the conclusion of my wedding, I had not one documentation of any of the costs that I was charged. It made me feel as though I was being overcharged, so that they could keep the money for themselves. I truly could not understand why she could not provide documentation of the charges she was asking from me. She tried to convince me that it was customary not to have receipts in Mexico, but my husbands family lives in Mexico and these actions are deemed illegal.

On the actual wedding day, I thought Luisa and her team did a good job setting up decor but were MIA smoking cigarettes during the entire event.They should have been actively engaged in letting me know certain things that needed to be done throughout the wedding (cake cutting, intro's ect). Since she was MIA, my sister had to assist in the role of the planner. DO NOT work with this vendor if you seek quality service.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Dear Katy,
    We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our wedding planning services for your event. We respect your personal opinion yet we want state our position that we did everything that was in our power to make sure your wishes were met and your needs attended to. Actually, we’ve even paid for several of the items that you’ve ordered, such as welcome drinks and led balloons ourselves, since you’ve refused to reimburse us to date.
    As far as providing you with a receipt of the services, that is also incorrect: what your mother in law requested was not a receipt but a tax binding invoice document that she wanted us to issue for all of the vendors, which we could not do as we would then be liable for paying vendor’s taxes. We have offered you the option of paying each vendor directly and thus obtaining said invoices, which you have refused.
    We are sorry to hear that you didn’t not consider our numerous emails and phone calls as enough of initiative but we are glad that you liked our suggested Frida Kahlo theme and the decoration. The day of the event we had 5 staff on hand and were actively partaking in the organization of your festivities with the exception of a short break.
    Once again, please accept our apologies and rest assured that at Weddings Riviera Maya we always strive to please our clients even if it means financial loss for the company. As a courtesy and sign of respect, we would’ve preferred you reach out to us in hopes of resolving any remaining issues that we might have instead of publicly insulting our company 5 months after the date of your wedding.
    Regardless, we wish you and your groom a lifetime of happiness and we appreciated the opportunity to be part of your event.
    Sincerely,