Weddings in DR Reviews

8 | Encinitas, CA

8 Reviews for Weddings in DR

Jackie · Married on 12/08/2013

Shelley is the best wedding planner! First of all, she reached out to my husband and I because she wanted to plan the wedding of our dreams! With my husband in and out of the hospital, Shelley planned our ENTIRE wedding for us! She surprised us by having services donated from every vendor you could imagine! Shelley arranged several very thorough and organized planning meetings to go over every detail. She is such at natural at figuring out your vision and making it a reality.
    Not only is Shelley a professional, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met! ever Any bride would feel comfortable talking to her about anything! Better Half Weddings was by our side through every step of the way and made us feel so confident in our planning process! There's no way possible we would have had our beautiful, magical and unforgettable wedding without Shelley and Better Half!!!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Marelys · Married on 11/10/2013

I hired the better half team for day of coordinating services when I realized that my fiancee and I could not possibly orchestrate all of the behind the scenes details that go into a wedding and enjoy our special day. Shelley the owner was extremely sweet, responsive, and professional. She even worked within our budget. Shelley was so amazing that I was actually a little worried when I learned that another member of the BHW team would be assisting us due to Shelley being on maternity leave. Boy was I wrong to be worried! Amy was just as sweet and responsive! The "day of" services kicked off a month in advanced. Amy was organized and just as responsive and easy to work with as Shelley. The day of we also had Danielle and Kat to help out which meant a whole little team of amazing women with a sheer focus on ensuring our day ran smoothly. I could not have asked for a better team to help keep everything on task and on time the day of. The better half girls even worked as therapists throughout the day and helped ease EVERY worry I had. When I needed them throughout the night they were readily available. The better half team is part of the family now! Their services were hands down the best money spent for our wedding as we could have never pulled it off with such grace without them. I truly was able to enjoy my day because of their hard work :) I very highly recommend Better Half Weddings!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Danielle · Married on 03/03/2013

I hired Better Half Weddings for my Day of Coordinator service, and boy, am I glad I did! They were my extra set of hands when I couldn't set it all up myself. I am what you might say "a control freak" and I was able to tell them how I wanted things to be set up and look and they blew me away! I would not have been able to relax during the wedding if it wasn't for them! HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 03/23/2013

Celia · Married on 02/03/2013

I decided to hire a Day-of-Coordinator because I wanted to be carefree and have fun the day of my wedding. I didn't know it at the moment, but I was making the best decision a bride can ever make.

Shelley, not only is detailed oriented and amazingly organized but she also is the sweetest and most caring Coordinator I could ever ask for. She created a timeline that left no questions unanswered and helped everybody involved, but that was just one of many things she did.The day of the wedding Shelley and her assistants made sure that every single detailed I had planned was executed to perfection. I broke my ankle one week before the wedding and the better half team treated me like a queen, making sure I was happy with every decision and helped me mobilize the best and easiest way possible.

I honestly don't think my wedding would've been as beautiful as it was without their help. I'm forever thankful and I encourage every bride to have peace of mind on their wedding day and hire the best coordinator ever, Shelley.

Sent on 02/06/2013
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 10/20/2012

I had the opportunity to work with Shelley at Better Half Weddings after my big day, as I had an issue come up with a vendor I had chosen. It is important to note this was not a vendor that Shelley, or Better Half Wedding recommended, but one that I had located on my own. Shelley was helped me get information from this difficult vendor, while being very professional the entire time. She has been consistent, helpful, and a joy to work with. I highly recommend her services, and can not say enough good things about her and her business.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2012

The Smart Bride is an Organized Bride package was very helpful in keeping things very organized which made me less stressful. Which made my husband more interested in planning too. :)

Sent on 08/07/2012

Rachel · Married on 02/25/2012

I absolutely love my wedding planning binder created by Shelley at Better Half Weddings. It instantly made me feel more organized and less stressed. With work I don’t have much time to plan and the binder/cd’s mapped out everything to do and when. It was so personalized, specific, and detailed all the way down to the sparkled rhinestones on the pages. It was very personalized with great pictures of me and my fiancé as well as photo inspirations taken (secretly) from my wedding pintrest board. It was so fun to see them in a tangible way that I can bring around anywhere and flip through to show friends/ family/ vendors. Thanks so much again!

-Rachel Rapp (soon to be Fisher)

Sent on 02/27/2012

Weddings in DR's reply:

Thank you SO much, Rachel!! We are so happy you loved it! We truly love what we do & had so much fun putting yours together! Welcome to the Smart Bride is an Organized Bride club!!! xoxo, Shelley

Alisha · event on 02/01/2012

I received the Better Half Wedding's Engagement package when I got engaged, and it was so helpful in planning my upcoming wedding! I had already purchased a few different wedding planners and books, and I ended up not using them because the binder and worksheets from BHW was more organized and useful.
    I love my wedding planning binder so much, that I purchased an Engagement Package for a friend who recently got engaged. I just received the binder in the mail to give to my friend, and it is even better than I was hoping! I was able to tell BHW some details about what kind of wedding my friend is going to plan, and the binder is personalized for her.
    I know my friend will love her binder as much as I love mine, and I definitely recommend this package to anyone who is planning a wedding!

Sent on 02/13/2012

Weddings in DR's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, Alisha!! Responses like this are why we love doing what we do SO MUCH! Happy planning, & we look forward to continue working with you!! XOXO, BHW