167 Reviews for Weddings by the Sea

Ceremony (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)
Non-Religious (1)

Hi everyone,

We're from Europe, and I proposed my wife in Los Angeles, beforehand I arranged everithing with Catherine. I just wanted a beautiful wedding, without any difficulty or big planing, and it worked out pretty well :)
Catherine helped me arrange every important things. Her reaction time was excellent, so overall it was a great service.

Profile Picture Adam, 6/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

I live in the Midwest so my main communication with Catherine was via phone and email. She always responded quickly and was super flexible with our wants and needs. We needed our license shipped and she worked with the county clerk to get it expedideted. I am so happy we found her!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Catherine Forrester of Weddings by the Sea was phenomenal. She met my expectations and helped keep me calm and confident so that my wedding day would be beautiful. She is a kind, efficient, knowledgeable professional who knows her business. I am so grateful to have been blesses by her outstanding service. I highly recommend her to any bride to be!

Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - This is  "Us".
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - Ah...Destiny.
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - ...I'm Big too...
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - Hold on at all cost.
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - Best day of my life.
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - Forever...Amen
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - True Blue Love
Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - Hold my heart.
Profile Picture Mary Rizzo, 5/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Weddings by the Sea and Catherine put together my wedding about a month ago and it was fabulous! I had contacted Catherine about 9 months prior. I was nervous doing a small destination wedding, coming from Ohio and having never been to Santa Barbara before, but right from the start communication with Catherine was great. Catherine organized everything from the flowers to the guitarist that played, and if I had any questions along the way she was quick to respond within 24-48 hours. The officiant for our wedding, Wendy, was also great and helped to make our ceremony more personal for us. Santa Barbara, the weather, the beach.. It was all gorgeous! Our wedding ceremony was beautiful, fun, and stress free. I would highly recommend Weddings by the Sea, Catherine, and all of the staff! I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so perfect!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Catherine and her team were fantastic. I gave her 3 weeks to get my small wedding together and she was amazing! I have no regrets and would recommend her in a heartbeat. She has tons of resources in the Santa Barbara area and will make sure your day is exactly how you want it. Thanks Catherine!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning

Catherine and her team are absolutely amazing. We started planning our wedding 16 months in advance and when we found Weddings by the Sea website I knew this was the company I’d want to work with. Planning was very simple and Catherine took care of everything. When it came down to the day before the wedding and the beach we had picked was full of debris Catherine suggested moving beaches, I had no hesitation and she recommended Butterfly Beach. (Which was beautiful) I trusted her completely. The wedding itself was more then I could hope for and I am so grateful for her and the entire team that helped make our day special. This company is simply great and if choose it again anytime. Thank you all again it was a pleasure working with you!

Alyssa & Ben

Profile Picture Alyssa, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The service was so perfect exactly how we wanted it. The wedding planner, Catherine, was very flexible and understanding of how we wanted to get married in Santa Barbara.
Catherine recommended a photographer to us, so we took some pictures the day before wedding. Alex, the photographer, was the best ever. He understood how we wanted our pictures, and he did really great job. It was fun experience with Alex to take pictures.
Catherine did fantastic job for us. We will never regret going with her.

Profile Picture Hanna, 3/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Our experience with Catherine of Weddings By The Sea was nothing short of wonderful!!! We called her approximately two months in advance of our wedding date at the Santa Barbara Courthouse, and she immediately assured us not to worry – that she would be able to help us plan and execute our small wedding. We met with her several times, and it was clear that her attention to detail was keen. Not only did she interpret our creative ideas (wedding layout, flowers, arbor, etc….) exactly as we envisioned, but her execution was flawless. We emailed her some photos of flowers and a color scheme, and she pulled it off to perfection. When we arrived at the Courthouse for our ceremony - the layout, the way the arbor was decorated and the overall flowers in general were as if she knew EXACTLY what we wanted as a theme. In addition, she put together a team consisting of the Officiant and the Photographer that were also top notch in every respect. She was very responsive and a pleasure to deal with throughout the process. We give her our strongest recommendation!!!!!

Profile Picture Mike, 1/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

I can't begin to describe how wonderful Catherine and her team at Weddings by the Sea are! We contacted Catherine a month out from our wedding date (12/8/17) to help us plan and coordinate our wedding. We were so impressed with her knowledge, skill, vast network, and professionalism. She is very detail oriented and was able to take our vague ideas of what we wanted and turn them into a fabulous vision of our dream wedding. She does the most amazing flower design as well - I showed her a few photos I liked on Pinterest and she created the most perfect synthesis of all the best elements for our flowers. Additionally, she is a notary republic so you do your license with her as well, which is so convenient :) But best of all is how flexible and adaptable she and her team are in dealing with crisis, which in our case was a natural disaster that postponed and moved our wedding. The Thomas Fire was raging and growing in Ventura just south of Santa Barbara the week of our wedding. Catherine was so responsive and was in constant communication with us to update us about conditions (we live in LA) and helped us make the tough call to reschedule everything from Friday to Sunday. She worked with our vendors and was able to get everything smoothly transferred with no additional vendor costs with only 48 hours notice. Then, when the fire got worse and started to cause SB County evacuations on Sunday, she worked with Officiant Wendy (who is also FANTASTIC) to get our License and Flowers down to LA where we decided to hold the ceremony instead due to the fire risk. Wendy evacuated south to us and brought these critical items, which was so kind! We ended up being able to have the most beautiful ceremony at a local hotel with Wendy on Sunday, which was a miracle. I know 100% that we would not have been able to have our wedding that weekend without all the hard work, compassion, and professionalism of Catherine and Wendy. They are truly the best and we cannot recommend them higher!!

Profile Picture Julia, 12/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

My new husband Zack and I could not have been happier working with Weddings by the Sea for our special day! Catherine helped us plan our beach ceremony in Santa Barbara, and she was a joy to work with. Everything went smoothly from beginning to end, and it was an amazing day thanks to her. Amy designed the most beautiful arrangements for the ceremony and reception that I've ever seen, and were even more beautiful than I imagined. Weddings by the Sea kept us within a great budget, and put together the day of our dreams. Thank you, for everything :)

Photo for Weddings by the Sea Review - Blue Violet Photo
Profile Picture Sabira, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Cathrine was great. Our wedding was everything we wanted it to Be plus more. She made it very easy for us since it was our destination wedding.

Profile Picture MABiel, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

We chose a very simple ceremony which was lovely and sweet in a beautiful setting in Santa Barbara. Everything was easy, without stress. Accommodating, with a feeling that they just wanted our day to be perfect.

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Catherine Forester - the wedding planner instantly became one of the members my family. We live 3 hours away from Santa Barbara that it was difficult to plan the wedding but not when you have Catherine!! She will take care of what is needed to be taken care of. I was thrilled that she accepted my invite to also join us for our wedding reception. My family and I just love her, and her staff and of course our wedding officiant is also one of the greatest!!!

Photo
Profile Picture Grace, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Eco-Friendly, Non-Religious, Ceremony

Catherine and her team were amazing! If I had to do all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.

Profile Picture Cassi, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Catherine and her team made our day absolutely perfect! We had a tiny beach wedding that Catherine helped us arrange. From the cake to the photographer to the licensing process, Catherine did an outstanding job of coordinating. Our fabulous day was stress free and filled with everything we wanted. Catherine handled every detail with a much appreciated calm demeanor so that we could focus on enjoying every moment.

Profile Picture Chloe, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

My husband and I absolutely loved our elopement with Weddings by the Sea!
It was a stress-free, fun experience which made our day perfect.
Planning our wedding from New Zealand was a breeze and we just turned up on the day in Santa Barbara relaxed and relieved at how everything went. Highly recommended :)

Profile Picture Shirayni, 9/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Catherine was incredibly accommodating, thoughtful and wonderful to work with. She answered all of our questions regarding elopement with ease during the process. we even switched locations on her last minute and she made it happen flawlessly. We would highly recommend her for your wedding day!!

Profile Picture Elissa, 8/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography

Catherine and her team were great to work with, we highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

We were so happy with everything.
Perfect!!! Simply!!! Beautiful!!!

Profile Picture Leah , 8/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning

My husband and I decided to elope at the last minute and Catherine helped us with all the details and made it happen for us in less than 2 days. It was a great experience and she was wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning

Catherine performed a wonderful service. She's professional and reliable.

Profile Picture Daniel, 7/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant, Photography

I need to take a moment to RAVE about Catherine from Weddings By the Sea!! My husband and I decided to elope to Santa Barbara & found her business from a google search. After I read many amazing reviews about her and her wedding services I decided to contact her! She answered the phone and immediately began to answer all of my questions. She was very personable, sweet, professional & informative. We chatted back and forth through e-mails and texts in which she responded almost instantly to every last silly question I had & we set our date for June 25, 2017. This was only about a month away from when I first reached out to her and she was able to accommodate me without hesitation. Catherine even gave me information about great local restaurants and hotels, fun things to do & sites I must see! She became not only my coordinator, but my friend as well! On our wedding day she made sure to help me feel beautiful and special and saw to it that my flowers had the beautiful purple color I requested too! If anyone is looking for a wonderful wedding service coordinator who is affordable .. this is your gal! Thanks Catherine for making mine and Sebastian's wedding day the elopement we had hoped for! :-)

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Fabulous services by all vendors

Profile Picture Christine, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography

Communication was great, services were explained in detail and were exactly as explained . We decided on sandy cove and is was nicer than expected . We would highly recommend Cathrine .

Profile Picture Phil, 6/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Planning